Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Fukui San said:

How do you even defend Allen?

If this game ends in a tie, it'd have to be the greatest tie in NFL history.

It's like he waits for all the defenders to swarm around him, then he runs ahead with no one to touch him.

• Like 1

Figured it was time for a Josh Allen untimely interception. Gah. Good game but this sucks. He needs to clean those up if they are going to do well the rest of the year.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Allen picked off and the Vikings win it!! Holy shit!! What a win for the Vikings, and what a huge fucking choke job by the Bills. They were dominant for most of the game, and then they fell apart, McDermott electing to go for it and not kick the FG when up 10 was the key moment when things turned around, the Vikings managed to come back and get the win in amazing fashion. Allen is a great QB but he’s having some real turnover issues right now, and his mistakes cost the Bills the game, and I’m wondering if all of the media hype has gone to the Bills’ heads. Allen will have to cut down on the turnovers going forward, as the Bills are in an extremely tight division race in the extremely competitive AFC. Great win for the Vikings on the road, they have a very strong team all around and Cousins has shown he can pull out wins in tight games this year. What a game!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, twoods said:

Figured it was time for a Josh Allen untimely interception. Gah. Good game but this sucks.

As a Dolphins fan, I'm not sure my mind can comprehend being in first place in the division.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Which scummy team is that? You have so many to pick from. 😂

Ha ha, most of this board will be

cheering for the Vikings next Sunday. Then on Thanksgiving we play the Patriots.

2 hours ago, twoods said:

I’m guessing Cowboys or Bucs?

Both--Vikings play both next week!

ETA: whoops! Vikings play Patriots next Thursday, not the Buccaneers.

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Colts up 10-0 over the Raiders so far. I swear, Josh McD may not make it through the season.

Memo to the rest of the league: Please stop hiring our coordinators and coaches. They have all been booby trapped and will self destruct!

• Love 2

One of the best Vikings games I have ever seen. I love the Bills and they normally play tight but letting the Vikes come back like that? Not cool. Then again, where was defense from the Vikes on the final drive by the Bills that sent it into OT?

Vikings win in OT? CJ Ham (Duluth born and raised!!!) plays pivotal role in game. I'm all in. Now to watch the Packers/Cowboys and deflate my mood. Once you see a great game like that, nothing else compares....

• Love 1

Colts up 13-7 on the Raiders at the half - I think the Colts made the right move switching back to Matt Ryan at QB, QB was far from their only issue and they just don’t have a lot of talent on offense and there’s no way Ehlinger would succeed with it so it’s best to go with the guy who has a lot of experience in Ryan, I hope he has some success the rest of the way. The Raiders are just god awful, a major disappointment, McDaniels is a poor head coach and the Raiders just have a lot of holes and I’ve never been impressed with Derek Carr.

Cards up 10-3 on the Rams in the battle of the backup QB’s. Both of those teams absolutely must have a win today.

Cowboys and Packers tied at 7.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

Colts beat the Raiders - I’m happy to see Matt Ryan get a win in his return as the starter. The Raiders suck, I don’t even know if McDaniels will survive the season but they have a lot of issues and their recent drafts have been terrible for the most part.

It was a classic Bills/Vikings game today.

I kind of like the Bills but admit there's a good part of me that found the ending funny.  Many Bills fans act like Allen is in fact their savior on Earth...  yet he can't even field a snap to ice the game.  Inexcusable.  That situation reminded me of the movie All The Right Moves 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Love 2

Wtf bills???

Well criticize colts if you want for the Saturday hire but they got the win today. Sure it's the Raiders but still a win. And the team is 4-5-1. Not horrible.  You'd think they were 0-10 the way the media discusses them. 

Also o line was much better today. 

And a 39 yard run by Matt ryan!

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, twoods said:

Jefferson almost has 200 yards- guy is a beast. Good for him to play a great game again the team that traded him. 

Jefferson wasn't traded, he was the Vikings' first round draft pick. What was traded was Buffalo's first round draft pick in exchange for Diggs, and we chose Jefferson with that pick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Allen picked off and the Vikings win it!! Holy shit!! What a win for the Vikings, and what a huge fucking choke job by the Bills. They were dominant for most of the game, and then they fell apart, McDermott electing to go for it and not kick the FG when up 10 was the key moment when things turned around, the Vikings managed to come back and get the win in amazing fashion. Allen is a great QB but he’s having some real turnover issues right now, and his mistakes cost the Bills the game, and I’m wondering if all of the media hype has gone to the Bills’ heads. Allen will have to cut down on the turnovers going forward, as the Bills are in an extremely tight division race in the extremely competitive AFC. Great win for the Vikings on the road, they have a very strong team all around and Cousins has shown he can pull out wins in tight games this year. What a game!!

I still recall the last Vikings/Bills game in Buffalo in 2014.  Had a very exciting finish as well.  Only that day the Bills pulled it out when they had no business winning that day with the way they played.  Sort of like the opposite of today

• Useful 1

Rams lose to the Cards, I never remember a reigning Super Bowl champion playing this badly ever, they are pretty much already out of the playoff race. What a trainwreck of a season they are having, I figured there would be a drop off given what they lost and the draft picks they traded, but I didn’t see it coming that they would be absolute shit. 

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Why didn't Green Bay go for it on 4th and 1? 30 seconds left.

Because if they had failed the Cowboys would’ve had the ball and would already be in Packers territory, they would only have to get a few yards to kick the game winning FG. I didn’t get why GB didn’t run it on 3rd and 1, that way if they failed the clock would either run out or Dallas would have to call a TO, and they’ve had some success rushing today. And then Dallas calling timeouts and the end and apparently trying to win it in regulation from deep in their own territory was weird. Strange ending to regulation, going to OT in GB.

• Love 1

Just watched some clips of the fans at the Munich game belting out “Country Roads”.   I’m sure tons of locals were involved (per social media, it’s often heard during Oktoberfest), but there’s a number of U.S. military bases in Germany, so undoubtedly there’s Americans singing along too.

I burst into tears at “…to the place/I belong…”.   I’ve been in that situation — far from home, spontaneous loud singing of a song you knew when you were younger (one memorable time it was “Smoke on the Water”🤣), the yearning makes the miles fall away.  Such an awesome moment I don’t even care that it was at a Bucs game.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, twoods said:

I don’t like the Cowboys but man do I hate the Packers and wish they lost in front of their fans. 

This will hurt Dall-ass's season a lot more than it will help Green Bay's.

Eat shit, Dallas!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Packers win it 31-28, they desperately needed that win. Rodgers looked much sharper today and the Packers clicked more on offense than they have all season, and Christian Watson had a breakout game with 3 TD receptions. I think it was a dumb move by the Cowboys to go for it instead of kicking the long FG, very strange decision that came back to bite them. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, voiceover said:

I’m sure tons of locals were involved (per social media, it’s often heard during Oktoberfest),

Over, and over, and over.

I've resigned myself to the fact the Rams suck this season, so I'm not terribly upset by the loss to begin with, and when that's followed by the Cowboys losing, I feel a whole lot better. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Packers win it 31-28, they desperately needed that win. Rodgers looked much sharper today and the Packers clicked more on offense than they have all season, and Christian Watson had a breakout game with 3 TD receptions. I think it was a dumb move by the Cowboys to go for it instead of kicking the long FG, very strange decision that came back to bite them. 

A long FG is no gimme on a cold November day at Lambeau.  What they should have done is punt and try to pin the Packers deep. 

As much fun as it was to watch Christian Watson do a back flip after his first NFL TD reception, it freaked me out.  He's been very fragile in his very short NFL career and as he was in mid-air all I could think was don't tear your ACL on the landing.