Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

Surprised at the ATL pick.  Didn't they just pay Kirk oodles of cash for several years?  If they're going to draft their QB of the future, why pay Cousins so much?

Welcome MN to another decade of futility behind McCarthy.  While I would've preferred to see him fall out of the top 10, at least Penix got chosen before him.  McCarthy is Daniel Jones 2.0.  He succeeded because he had a great defense, a great running back in Blake Corum, and a CHEATING coach.  He doesn't throw long balls with success, more prone to middle of the field <20 yards.  

I think all the other picks (so far up to #10) are right on the money for their team's needs.

Edited by roamyn
  • Like 4
24 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Surprised at the ATL pick.  Didn't they just pay Kirk oodles of cash for several years?  If they're going to draft their QB of the future, why pay Cousins so much?

I guess Arthur actually can create money & cash out of nowhere!

I agree that the pick made no sense, but I also had to laugh.  With the laughter helped by the fine folks from Social Media

• LOL 4

The last time the Bills traded down, we got Patrick.

I am still legit stunned they did it again.

From X:

”Good for [Buffalo] for the chutzpah, but my goodness this is like France coming back to Jefferson after the Louisiana Purchase and asking, ‘Any more business you want to do?’ “

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, twoods said:

Of all teams, why the Chiefs. I just can’t.

That’s exactly what I thought, too.

Why would the Bills do them any favors?

• Like 2

So, the Commanders selected Jayden Daniels.  Sure, he won the Heisman but he looks kind of slim and I'm getting RG III vibes--and that ain't good.  Good luck, young man, and I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So, the Commanders selected Jayden Daniels.  Sure, he won the Heisman but he looks kind of slim and I'm getting RG III vibes--and that ain't good.  Good luck, young man, and I hope I'm wrong. 

I wanted the Patriots to draft Jayden Daniels instead of Drake Maye. Jayden won more games in his college career including beating Alabama. Who got booed worse tonight Dallas or Green Bay?

10 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I wanted the Patriots to draft Jayden Daniels instead of Drake Maye. Jayden won more games in his college career including beating Alabama. Who got booed worse tonight Dallas or Green Bay?

On Thursday night, the Make a Wish kid was booed, because he was wearing a Chiefs jersey!  Stay classy, NFL fans.  

I was scrolling through some of the sports sites and I saw that CBS Sports has a mock draft for round 4 so I decided to see who they were predicting the Packers would take.  They have the pick assigned to the Patriots.  I wondered if the Pack bundled some picks and traded up, scrolled upwards and nothing.  I checked the Packers site and they still list their pick at #26 in this round.  CBS Sports has stolen the Packers 4th round pick!

I love this day of the draft, as the picks happen so quickly.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Calvada said:

On Thursday night, the Make a Wish kid was booed, because he was wearing a Chiefs jersey!  Stay classy, NFL fans.  

I'm sorry to be a glorified ass; I hate to say it.  But NFL fans would boo and/or laugh if a special, nice human being whose request of a KC and/or New England casket (or just the teams flag over it) was being laid to rest.

NFL Fans = Less Classy X More Pathetic.

• Like 2
On 4/27/2024 at 8:11 AM, Calvada said:

I was home sick and watched a bunch of this since it's truly mindless TV.  As a SF fan, it seemed like all our picks happened during commercial breaks.  The one they showed got lots of boos.  I think the mostly Detroit crowd just boos everyone else, although I can see they might have a bit of a grudge from the NFC Championship game.

• Like 1

I just read that the Commanders signed Notre Dame QB Sam Hartman as an undrafted free agent.  It remains to be seen how well he'll do, but I'm looking forward to seeing the eye candy and flying hair!  😍

(edited)

Wow-Tank Dell, receiver for the Houston Texans was shot last night. Thankfully he has already been released from the hospital. It was minor and he is expected to make a full recovery. He was an innocent bystander at a nightclub shooting. Good to hear(and sad he was hurt anyway) he wasn't out causing trouble or acting like an idiot, if that makes sense.

Edited by ScorpioSoul
  • Mind Blown 1

It's pretty interesting that the FOX NFL Studio team has remained unchanged for over a decade and and half, and within that timeframe, the CBS NFL Studio team has shaken up its cast 3 times.

It's also rather vexatious that Phil Simms is done after a great quarter century plus as a face/voice on the network while Tony Romo is still there

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Mama Kelce was on the Today show this morning hawking Mother's Day clothes. 

I'm going to put this as nicely as I can.  I would never think Donna Kelce and fashion in the same sentence. And yet here we are.

CBS NFL Today was getting a little crowded so I expected some guys to be let go.  I wasn't a fan of Phil Simms in the booth but I would take him over Romo any day. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm going to put this as nicely as I can.  I would never think Donna Kelce and fashion in the same sentence. And yet here we are.

Why wouldn't she take advantage of the opportunity?  She's clearly not averse to being in the public eye, so more power to her.  If a bunch of people think that being the mom of Taylor's boyfriend suddenly makes her a source of great information then that's on them.

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, baldryanr said:

Why wouldn't she take advantage of the opportunity?  She's clearly not averse to being in the public eye, so more power to her.  If a bunch of people think that being the mom of Taylor's boyfriend suddenly makes her a source of great information then that's on them.

Mama Kelce's appearance on the Today Show was to promote a segment on gifts for Mother's Day produced by a variety of manufacturers.  Today Show does this before most every gift giving holiday and there is a disclaimer that the show may receive a promotional fee for products sold through the website.  None of the stuff she plugged: bathrobes, hair care equipment, wind chimes, etc were her personal products; all were made by other manufacturers and it didn't look like she was profiting from any of it.  I presume the show was using her as their prototypical mom to promote the segment.

Mama Kelce does have a tee shirt line which features cartoons of her rooting for her kids with the brand Homage.  Proceeds go to a Kelce family foundation that provides educational grants for kids in the Cleveland Heights school system where Travis and Jason attended.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

It was amusing, during “So You Think You Can Dance” (Mondays on FOX!) to see a rather theatrical promo for, of all things, the schedule release coming in May to the NFL Network.

And yet, it will most likely outdraw any random NBA playoff game not featuring the Knicks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 2024 NFL Schedule won't be out till Wednesday Night (Yay 😒) & already the first game of the season will be Ravens at Chiefs on Thursday Night (9-5-2024) on NBC. I'm sure that the Ravens will find a way to lose that game just like they lost to the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship Game.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:44 PM, Crashcourse said:

Mama Kelce might be doing useful stuff, but I don't want to see her.  So, I'll just change the channel like I did when I saw her on the Today show.

Most people don’t want to see the Kardashians or Duggars, yet…here we are.  I’d rather watch MamaKelce promoting  something vs. the other sets two of fame wh…s

But that’s why we have Remotes.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, roamyn said:

But that’s why we have Remotes.

And that's why I use the Remote whenever Mama Kelce (and her sons) shows up on my tv screen.

• Like 1

I remember there was a soup company that used to do commercials with football players and their moms. Those didn't bother me. But for some reason Mother Kelce doing things on her own bothers me. I guess I just don't like her.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I remember there was a soup company that used to do commercials with football players and their moms.

Campbell's Chunky.  I think it started with Donovan McNabb (in terms of having his real mom play his mom in the commercial; there were earlier ones with NFL players, but their moms were played by actors).  Others I can remember are Michael Strahan, Jerome Bettis, Devin Hester, and La Dainian Tomlinson.

• Like 1

I'm not going to be watching any games that day, so it'll be easier for me to skip it than for most.

Despite no plans to watch the days events, excluding Sunday Night Football & the CBS late game, it's a go for Kansas City hosting Baltimore (which might have been that second CBS game if San Francisco had been able to close things in February).  By the way, the champions are currently favored by 2.5.  I'm not sure I'm seeing the over for 46.5.

I might actually doing something else on September 6, and from there, watch that Brazil game in lieu of Dallas/Cleveland.  Or I'll watch it on both Friday & Sunday

The first Monday Night game of the 2024 season will be Jets at 49ers. How exciting. 😒

Basically, it'll be a root for neither type of game. The only reason that I will ever root for the Jets this upcoming season is to see them & their idiot Quarterback fall flat on their faces week after week.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Magog said:

The first Monday Night game of the 2024 season will be Jets at 49ers. How exciting. 😒

Basically, it'll be a root for neither type of game. The only reason that I will ever root for the Jets this upcoming season is to see them & their idiot Quarterback fall flat on their faces week after week.

I can only imagine it's because Aaron Rodgers is the Jet's QB.  Wonder if he will make it through this primetime season opener.

Yeah right!  Heck, it's not going to take a dozen play before it's over.

That's SOUTH of a dozen, even when adding his 2023 total.  Probably harsh to say, but the guy that knocked him out now plays for San Francisco!

1 hour ago, Carey said:

but the guy that knocked him out now plays for San Francisco!

Wonder what the odds are he knocks him out again? Asking for a friend.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:
3 hours ago, Carey said:

but the guy that knocked him out now plays for San Francisco!

Wonder what the odds are he knocks him out again? Asking for a friend.

Just tell the friend +120000.  Or +490000 if it takes place within the first 7 plays.

Now Brady is whining that he wouldn’t do the roast again because of his kids and a. you had kids when you agreed to do this in the first place and b. your two younger kids probably shouldn’t be watching this (yes I know other kids are probably teasing them, but kids suck) and c. it’s a roast, the fuck did you think was going to happen?

• Like 9

It was NSFW, but it wasn't that bad for those "allowed" to tune into it.

You know what?  I've lived my life within unpopular opinions and/or on the wrong side of what's right or wrong.

That being said, no concrete plans on watching games with Tom calling them, but if life or death were the choice between games called by Brady & someone else, that's a decision that's been made before I was born.  In other words, 11 times out of 10, you can count on me going with Brady calling a game before Tony Romo.  I said what I said.

I'll give him a chance. You never know, he could end up being entertaining and well spoken.

ANYONE'S better than Romo.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

I'll give him a chance. You never know, he could end up being entertaining and well spoken.

ANYONE'S better than Romo.

The well spoken part is valid.  The entertaining part?  That's a coin flip.  He has the ability to make people laugh, but he has the ability to whine.  Then there's the ability to be completely boring.

Never did I think I'd be better off listening to Collinsworth over everyone else

• Like 1

I don't always get the NFC game of the week in my area if I do it's usually on the same time as my team's game.  If I do get the game if it's a game that has teams that I think will make it a good game I will probably watch because good football is good football regardless of who is in the booth.  My biggest problem with Tom Brady in the booth is Greg Olson will not be in that booth.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't always get the NFC game of the week in my area if I do it's usually on the same time as my team's game.  If I do get the game if it's a game that has teams that I think will make it a good game I will probably watch because good football is good football regardless of who is in the booth.  My biggest problem with Tom Brady in the booth is Greg Olson will not be in that booth.  

For me, if my local team plays at the same time as the game of the week, I'm still likely to get it as long as it's not on the same network.  If my local team plays earlier, it's local programming on the other network if the game preceded the second time of a double header.

For me, my issue is the combination of Olsen not being in the booth AND Greg not being able to exit.  You can add the great thoughts from everyone that sounds more fake than legit.  CBS could've pondered a way to bring him on; after all, they shook things up for the third time in over a dozen years.  As for FOX, their decision making was sort of dumb since they added a second sideline reporter full time when they really didn't need to.

As much as 3 people in a booth is a crowd, having 2 people on the field is a waste of money (doesn't matter that it's unlimited).

Speaking of problems, it may appear that the Steelers schedule is a glorified pile of CRAP so far as of this minute