Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Carey said:

I think that was just 14 to 1 in terms of plays within one's opponent's territory

Well it was in the slots where the score is always shown. And that was the score at the time. Are those slots used for other types of numbers?

I'd feel better if Campbell held on to that interception right in his hands.  This defense causes my blood pressure issues.  There's a whole lot of football to be played.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I'd feel better if Campbell held on to that interception right in his hands.  This defense causes my blood pressure issues.  There's a whole lot of football to be played. 

Yeah, I'm pretty uneasy about the second half.

• Like 2

Still another half, but if Green Bay can escape (easier chance than the opening kickoff), a 2 seed would be absent from the NFL Divisional Round for the first time.  The last time there was playoff expansion it took a year for the 3 seed to miss the same round for the first time, until this game is over at the very least, it's 3 years and counting

1 minute ago, Carey said:

Still another half, but if Green Bay can escape (easier chance than the opening kickoff), a 2 seed would be absent from the NFL Divisional Round for the first time.

That's because until recently, the #2 seed also got a first-round bye and didn't have to play in Wild Card Weekend.

• Like 2
(edited)

Even without the roughing the passer calls the refs aren't calling the Packers are just shoving it down Dallas's throat.   Today is a good day.

@Carey what was the line on this game?

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Even without the roughing the passer calls the refs aren't calling the Packers are just shoving it down Dallas's throat.   Today is a good day.

@Carey what was the line on this game?

Dallas was favored by 7.5

Damn the Cowboys can’t stop the Packers and Love. I’m happy for him after dealing with all the negativity from the pundits and fans and doing so well this season.  Congrats to him.

• Like 8
Just now, BlackberryJam said:

Why am I not getting shots of the Dallas owner’s box? I have needs!!

Those two blonde women did not look happy.  You would think Cowboy fans would be used to this by now.

• Like 6

That lady in the bleachers--that's going to be a meme. She grasps the back of her head and pulls it back with her eyes and mouth wide open in despair.

• Like 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Those two blonde women did not look happy.  You would think Cowboy fans would be used to this by now.

They probably figured it was going to be the obligatory yearly loss to the Niners and thought they’d win this one.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 2
Just now, baldryanr said:

If this holds up then are we going to see McCarthy fired and Belichick offered the job?  Can't see Bill wanting to join a franchise working on a rebuild

It might go about as well as when Jerruh hired Bill Parcells.  Was never able to recreate his success in NY or even NE.

What are the odds Aaron Rodgers goes on the airwaves this week and takes credit for Jordan Love?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

If this holds up then are we going to see McCarthy fired and Belichick offered the job?  Can't see Bill wanting to join a franchise working on a rebuild

Or work for Jerry Jones.

• Like 9

No chance on Belichick to Dallas.  It would be like Baltimore or Cincinnati firing Harbaugh and Taylor, and then Bill Cowher filling the vacant spot

It's more likely that we'll see Jerry fatally strangle McCarthy, and following that, trying to strangle that lifeless guy before being held back and dragged away for the second and final time

• LOL 3

"Bringin' on the Heartbreak" as the song to take us to commercial break was fantastic.

It would be even more glorious if it was a team I like issuing it, but this beat-down is a thing of pure beauty.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1

I've said this often over the years, but...

"What a very lovely football game!"

Too follow up on the above from JTMacc99, all of a sudden Dan Quinn may no longer be a hot HC candidate! 

Hmm...add this to the legendary highlight reel of favorite Dall-ass playoff losses, including Dak not knowing to hand the ball to the ref, and Tony Romo fumbling the field goal snap against Seattle.

Here is a very fun list of Dall-ass playoff performances, and it doesn't even include today's game.

6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

"Bringin' on the Heartbreak" as the song to take us to commercial break was fantastic.

Did you catch "You Dropped a Bomb on Me," as they showed us Jerruh in his box?

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

What are the odds Aaron Rodgers goes on the airwaves this week and takes credit for Jordan Love?

I was thinking the same thing, it wouldn’t surprise me if he did. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I really want them to get one more score so they've got at least 50 points. 

Maybe they can line up in the victory formation and run somebody who needs a touchdown.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 10
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I just realized next year Tom Brady will be calling the playoff games.   Ugh.

Way to kill the buzz.  Kevin and Greg are a perfect pairing.  It will be malpractice to break them up.

Although I almost wish this had been a CBS game so Tony Romo could choke on his own bile.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, meowmommy said:

Although I almost wish this had been a CBS game so Tony Romo could choke on his own bile.

Not sure if Romo would've cared that much.  Probably would not like the outcome but he'd be kept in check by himself or Jim.  Furthermore, Dak took his spot around the time the O Line and company got good

I wonder if GB will go for a touchdown with 16 seconds left.

Well I expect the 49ers to move the Packers' cheese next weekend.

Now to cheer for Detroit and charge my phone.

• Like 1

Did I run around the house chanting “GO PACK GO” liked I lived in Wisconsin my whole entire life?  Goodness.  I would never admit something so ridiculous.

For the gloriously, wonderfully, magnificently last time this season … fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Dallas!

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Switched to NBC-- they're showing a young picture of McCarthy.

1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Think Jerry's on the phone to Belichick right now?

I would like to see Belichick say "No" to Jones.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Well I expect the 49ers to move the Packers' cheese next weekend.

Niners > Packers > Cowboys

It's tradition.  Basically like

Raves > Texans > OHIO