Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Bad loss for Denver and a bad win for New England.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

I would love to have the highest pick possible. But the other team has to fulfill their end of the bargain of playing well enough to able to beat a three win team at home with your playoff hopes on the line, so what are you going to do?

How many teams' fan base  legitimately feel they can win the Super Bowl?

Buffalo?? (It kills me to say this)

Baltimore?

San Francisco?

After the KC game, I don't see any others. Maybe, the LA Rams - since they are playing well of late.

1 hour ago, twoods said:

Poor Raiders D- they are playing so well but the offense is shit like always so will likely blow this lead. 

Their offense got the job done at the end of the game. 2 big runs in the last 3 minutes put the game away. 

I know that Taylor Swift & Brittany Mahomes are very very sad right now. Awwwww..... Its just too bad that we didn't get to see their faces when the Raiders made those 2 big runs at the end. 

Hopefully, the Eagles can put up that wretched NFC East away today & not mess it up like they did on Monday Night.

Edited by Magog
8 minutes ago, twoods said:

Perfect Christmas present. Thank you Raiders!

For once, they didn't trip over themselves. 

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Didn’t the AFC South also all lose this weekend?

Hey.  Where are the crapass Eagles who have been around the last three weeks?

At least there are a couple teams in the South with winning records. The West only has one. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

At least there are a couple teams in the South with winning records. The West only has one. 

And still the only division with every team having a winning record is the AFC North. 

No wonder 26% of the Browns salary cap is on IR.  It's a brutal, hard game we play in the AFC N. 

I like the Chiefs, but I'm not upset at them losing.  They've been the bullies of the NFL for too many years now.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Merry Christmas, Taylor Swift.

I think she'll be OK.

Damn, Baltimore has thrashed all the best teams in the NFC. If they get out of the AFC, looks pretty good for them. And I think Brock Purdy's MVP candidacy has come to an end. It's amazing how one game can change the perception of a team.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

And I think Brock Purdy's MVP candidacy has come to an end. It's amazing how one game can change the perception of a team.

F*g Lamar's gonna get it, and I'm sorry, his stats SUCK compared to Brock or even Dak.  Personally I thought CMC should get it.

Speaking of awards, how is Damar Hamlin first on CPoY when he's barely played?  I get Joe Flacco probably isn't deserving of it since he's only played 4 games, but voting based on sentimentality or empathy isn't right, either.  I would say Bryce Hall has had a great come back year for the Jets.

And how is Kevin Stefanski not higher on the CoY?  Dan Campbell's most likely gonna get it, but come on people.   Kevin's had to piecemeal his team and use four starting QBs.  He should be higher in the odds.

ETA:  A reminder that the only team that beat both 49ers and Cravens  this year is the BROWNS.  And we beat the Cravens in Baltimore and they beat the 49ers with PJ Walker.

Edited by roamyn
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, mojoween said:

I’m not going to say I’m not sad, because I am sad (and that was PI at the very end, damn blind officials).

But.

BUT.

Fuck Dallas.

I was rooting for your Giants but I have to look at the bright side.  With Philly's win that makes it harder for Dallas to win the division. 

17 hours ago, roamyn said:

I like the Chiefs, but I'm not upset at them losing.  They've been the bullies of the NFL for too many years now.

I do not like Chiefs. And the reason is they became NE. So yeah it's fun to see them lose.  And I'm sorry but it would be nice to watch a game and not see Patrick Mahomes in every commercial.  On the other hand I don't mind seeing Travis Kelce's commercials. You can tell he is enjoying himself and looks very natural in front of the camera. 

2 hours ago, roamyn said:

Kevin's had to piecemeal his team and use four starting QBs.  He should be higher in the odds.

If it was any other team than the Browns I would be rooting for you guys.  With that being said I will root for you against KC and Baltimore if you guys meet them in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was rooting for your Giants but I have to look at the bright side.  With Philly's win that makes it harder for Dallas to win the division. 

That’s kind of the way I summed up that game as a Giants fan:

• Garbage calls (or non-calls) did the Giants no favors
  • But they’re a very young team and they are continuing to play hard, so that’s good
  • The eagles win, makes it less likely that Dallas wins the division, and there’s no way they are winning three row games as a wildcard team
  • And, Philadelphia looks terrible, so they’re probably not winning the Super Bowl either so that’s good
  • And unlike the Jets, the Giants managed to look OK, and still preserve next year‘s draft position
  • And lastly, the patriots have a game left with the Jets, which they will probably win, and drop them behind the Giants in the draft, making that eagles loss, even more tolerable
  • Like 1
On 12/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, Kip Hackman said:

I realize that Green Bay's defense is terrible, but it was great to see Bryce Young have a good game. All we're looking for is a little hope here in Charlotte. 

"Terrible" is being too kind to the Packers' defense.  The Vikings could have their long snapper play QB for them this Sunday and he'd probably be the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.  

• Like 1

I’m seeing all the chatter about Amazon Prime adding ads, and I didn’t even know they didn’t previously have ads, because literally the only thing I watch on Amazon is TNF.  I know I am in the very very small minority about this, but it was my small amusement for the day.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I’m seeing all the chatter about Amazon Prime adding ads, and I didn’t even know they didn’t previously have ads, because literally the only thing I watch on Amazon is TNF.

You're not missing much.  I watch almost nothing on AP.  And most of what they "offer" is either movie rentals or "Freevee," which already comes with ads.

If I want ads, I can stick with Tubi or Pluto, which cost nothing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I’ve always hated these new Jets uniforms (it’s not New York, it’s Michigan State).  I also don’t know why Cleveland is wearing whatever the hell they are tonight, in white to boot.

Those are throwback helmets the Browns are wearing.

I mean, look.  Nothing is ever going to be worse than Pittsburgh’s bumblebee throwbacks, (even though Green Bay’s blue and yellow tries real real hard to be more hideous), but Cleveland did good to move on from white helmets whenever they did so.

11 hours ago, mojoween said:

I mean, look.  Nothing is ever going to be worse than Pittsburgh’s bumblebee throwbacks, (even though Green Bay’s blue and yellow tries real real hard to be more hideous), but Cleveland did good to move on from white helmets whenever they did so.

You got me thinking about the Giants throw back uniforms whenever they are in a game with it. They're a very old team, but the throwbacks tend to do things like go to the 1980s.  So I looked up what they wore in OLD championship years. Turns out they'd have to go back to the leather helmet 1920s to get weird. And even then they were just sort of red with a blue stripe.

In 1958 they were rocking this look, which they pretty much wore again as a standard uniform in the 2000s

image.thumb.png.ababcc7f1451e320c501d462ee11fbf9.png

I’ve been fond of Russell Wilson since he was a rookie (except for one small, teeny-tiny mistake that was the worst mistake EVER in the history of the world) and if everything that is coming out about Sean Payton and the Broncos is true?  I will be even more fully on his side and even welcome him to New York, even if he’s not the right fit for Big Blue.

• Like 4

So, am I understanding from the post-game crap that it's the ref's fault for not hearing/acknowledging whoever that player was that was penalized?  

16 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I hate everyone.

This.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

This Cowboys Ring of Honor bullshit should be relegated to highlights during the second half like every other team.  Fuck Dallas.

I agree. I'd almost understand it if this game were on FOX since Jimmy is part of that program, and his coworkers were there for this but this was nuts. 

2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Nothing says, "I trust my defense in overtime," like going three times for a two-point conversion that you don't actually need.

That's Dan Campbell for you--fake punts, electing to go for it on fourth when a field goal gets you guaranteed points.

Nothing says "I trust my defense too much" than McCarthy throwing three times and leaving so much time on the clock for DET.  Although there were 23 seconds left since DET scored so quickly.  I would have loved to see how far he'd let his kicker try to kick for 3 points.

1 hour ago, ebk57 said:

So, am I understanding from the post-game crap that it's the ref's fault for not hearing/acknowledging whoever that player was that was penalized? 

The most likely scenario I've seen is that DET was trying to confuse the DAL defense by having so many OL men approach the ref but it's the ref who ended up confused.  There were two OL men already on the field who approached the ref. It was #68 (the guy who caught the TD) and someone else and #68 reported.  At the same time, #70 was running onto the field toward the ref.  From what I understand, #70 had already reported as eligible at other points in the game and it's usually the extra OLman running onto the field who reports as eligible. 

The ref got it in his head that #70 had reported as eligible and that's what he told the defense.

And fine.  I am not someone who thinks the refs should be superhuman and not make any mistakes but I do think the situation around not being able to criticize the officials is crazy.  Even the officials can't criticize the officials.  The pool report with the ref has him doubling down on who reported to him.  I think it'd be healing if an official just came out and said that he misinterpreted what was being told to him and he passed that inaccurate information to the defense. 

• Like 2

That was BS. If I were Campbell, I would have gone for the one after that, but it doesn’t change the fact that the officials screwed the Lions again. 

Today’s Giants game is an important game!  Ok it’s important for the Rams but still.  And maybe Saquon can earn back some of the money the league wrongfully stole from him.

Edited by mojoween
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Today’s Giants game is an important game!  Ok it’s important for the Rams but still.  And maybe Saquon can earn back some of the money the league wrongfully stole from him.

This is a far more interesting game than I was expecting.  (I don't wake up until halftime, but I watch a recap of the first half.)  A win for the Giants means nothing (in terms of the post-season; I'm not discounting that disturbingly rare sense of pride) while the Rams need this (technically they could still make the playoffs, but the odds are hella low), but as much as I have embraced the Rams as my local team, I'm not rooting against my G-men, ever.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1

Go, Gunner, go!  Returns a punt for a 94-yard TD after he seemed to be stopped at the 15.

Edit:  And then, because they're still the Giants, they fuck up a walk-in two-point conversion.  Good gods, guys.

Edited by Bastet
  • Sad 2

Goddammit.  Kick the extra point again Dabs for fuck’s sake!

The Giants were eliminated from the playoffs last week and I. Do. Not. Care.  A win is a win especially against Flipper Anderson’s motherfucking Rams.

I've never even tried to understand the rules about what markets get what games, but now I'm pissed we (in L.A.) don't get an afternoon game on FOX, so I can't watch the Seahawks.  I'm stuck with the CBS game, which here is the Chargers/Broncos snoozefest.  Upside to that: no Tony Romo, as he's doing the Chiefs/Bengals.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I've never even tried to understand the rules about what markets get what games, but now I'm pissed we (in L.A.) don't get an afternoon game on FOX, so I can't watch the Seahawks.

And I was upset because we didn't get an early FOX game in my market and I can't figure out why.  That only happens, in my experience, when the local team has a late afternoon start and they don't want to cut away from an early game to pick up the local late game.

But the local team isn't playing at that time. I see no reason why I shouldn't have early and late games on both channels.

11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was really pulling for Baker too.  This week has been a fair bit of topsy-turvy.

Me too, but I think this was bound to happen.  They’d won four in a row and were due for a loss.  I just wish it wasn’t so bad.

Fricking Eagles!  Do you want the Cowgirls to win the division?  It sure seems that way.

• Sad 4
6 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Me too, but I think this was bound to happen.  They’d won four in a row and were due for a loss.  I just wish it wasn’t so bad.

Mr. Chat & I jinxed it by saying how the team was looking much improved the past few weeks.  I knocked on a wood table after I said it though!!  ;)   Sometimes the Bucs can beat the crap out of N.O., and other times they just completely fall apart. 

We didn't have much hope for them even if they made it into the playoffs, so at least our expectations aren't completely crushed!  I don't think they'd last one quarter against the Ravens!  We love the Bucs, and we're always cautiously optimistic when they play, but we're realists too, given their record this year and how inconsistently they've played.  

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, the Ravens seem to be peaking at the right time. What a beatdown. Granted, the Fins are the walking wounded, but it should have at least been competitive. 

And now the eternal question: With the Ravens' next meaningful game on Jan. 20, how much do you play your starters next week?

• Like 3