Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The *eyeroll" wasn't directed at the GA/BC romance per se. I'm glad that fans of that relationship are getting what they want in the comics.  It was directed at praising a romantic storyline in the comics, when Arrow gets criticism whenever it spotlights a romantic storyline on the tv show.  Just be consistent - either you want or don't want romance in your superhero stories, whatever the medium.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Aaron Paul calls his wife "pretty bird" and gets dragged whenever it comes up on this gossip blog I'm on. So, now, that's what I think of when I see this nickname. 

It's a pretty terrible term of endearment. That someone actually calls their SO that...::shudder::

• Love 2
(edited)

I cringe every time because one of the meanings of bird is something vulgar in my (and others) language and I can't help but translate while reading. Now I'm actually curious how they officially translated it, LOL.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Aaron Paul calls his wife "pretty bird" and gets dragged whenever it comes up on this gossip blog I'm on. So, now, that's what I think of when I see this nickname. 

Lol yes! and he also says weird stuff like this post. 

re comic wonderwall posted: they're so destiny that he instantly remembered to call her by the nickname he gave her some rebooted lifetimes ago *_* lol
Edited by pizza pizza
11 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I cringe every time because one of the meanings of bird is something vulgar in my (and others) language and I can't help but translate while reading. Now I'm actually curious how they officially translated it, LOL.

Same, haha. It gives me pause each time I read it.

21 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

What's your native language? Just curious.

(edited)

I found this an interesting review on Arrow Rebirth, and why bringing Oliver back to his comic-roots as the Anti-batman is important. Frankly I prefer my on-screen "batman-lite", but I was never a comic, nor Smallville, fan of Ollie. So the comic is not aimed at me anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But it is good to read a PoV that is not about GA/BC being back, not that I've read many articles/reviews not this topic.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 1

“‘THE DEATH AND LIFE OF OLIVER QUEEN’ Chapter Two: In #2, Green Arrow is betrayed, broken and left for dead. He wakes up in a world where the once-wealthy Oliver Queen has no resources and only the faintest clue what’s happened to him. Meanwhile, in a distant land, an old ally begins a quest to help the Emerald Archer in his darkest hour.”

GA_2_1.jpg

GA_2_2.jpg

GA_2_3.jpg

GA_2_4-5.jpg

GA_2_canary.jpg

GA_Cv2_ds.jpg

That's incredibly...... wow. Fanfiction >>>> This comic. 

I had to laugh when that chick said "The Sharks and Orcas will take care of the rest"

Like........??? WHY WAS THAT LINE NECESSARY?! It's so terrible :p Oh god this is so cheesy haha

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Is that supposed to be Shado?

Also, am I the only one that kind of hates the new Black Canary costume?  I suppose the shorts are a step up from the bathing suit look, but....still. 

I actually like the BC costume here, I mean I suppose it could be better and yeah I do agree it's better than a bathing suit type outfit.

(edited)
21 hours ago, bijoux said:

This is comedy, isn't it?

is anyone keeping up with the Barrowmans' Dark Archer comic? How's that going?

The final chapter of the Arrow: Dark Archer series was released in mid-June...

BARROWMANS PROMISE "PRETTY F-IN' AWESOME" FINALE FOR "ARROW: DARK ARCHER"
Wed, June 15th, 2016 at 7:58am PST
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/barrowmans-promise-pretty-f-in-awesome-finale-for-arrow-dark-archer

You can buy that chapter here:
https://www.comixology.com/Arrow-The-Dark-Archer-2016-12/digital-comic/385008?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9SZWNlbnRBZGRpdGlvbnM
or
https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Dark-Archer-2016--12-ebook/dp/B01FYKUXBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467830820&sr=8-1&keywords=the+dark+archer#nav-subnav

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Apparently John Diggle appears in Green Arrow #2 - so I guess it's okay if a non-canon character from the tv show appears in the new GA comics so long as it's a guy (maybe next they'll introduce Felicity Smoak and then kill her off and on her deathbed, she'll tell Oliver that she hopes he gets back together with BC?)...

Green Arrow #2 (2016) review
by EAMMON JACOBS on JULY 7, 2016 
http://heroes.direct/comics/green-arrow-2/

So after the previous issue’s shocking cliffhanger with Emi and Shado both literally shooting Ollie in the back, the second issue picks up with what happens immediately afterwards. Unfortunately, that’s more bad news for Mr. Queen, he’s dumped overboard and left to “the orcas and the sharks”. It’s not really going well for Oliver is it? Betrayed, broken and sunk. Since this is part of the ‘Rebirth’ run, we’ll see Ollie claw everything back… including his reputation. The issue almost mirrors the Arrow tv series, in which the billionaire archer also loses everything. But also, Green Arrow #2 includes a well loved character from the series… John Diggle.

You read that right folks, John Diggle is back. And boy, he makes his entrance with guns blazing. He seems as fiery and aggressive as he does in the show, and it’s brilliant. There definitely seems to be some tension between Diggle and Ollie. They’ll probably come to blows before they’re comrades in arms again. But it’s great to see DC Comics integrating fan favourite Arrow characters into their continuity. (There’s even a mention of the Wild Dog militia…) It seems like he’s slowly becoming embroiled with the villainous Ninth Circle. This will probably bring Diggle and Ollie on the same track.

Edited by tv echo

Felicity Smoak is the boogeyman to comic writers.

I personally don't care who is included and who isn't. Different medium, author has the right etc. 

However I do find this writer ridiculous. A couple months ago during his Twitter word vomit, he is liking posts praising the new series fixing GA/BC, he is going on about FS not being included because this is GA and about how this is not involved with the show at all. Then he adds Diggle. 

For an author, he can't think of a better way to phrase his vision?

• Love 13
On 7/5/2016 at 5:15 PM, Starfish35 said:

Is that supposed to be Shado?

Also, am I the only one that kind of hates the new Black Canary costume?  I suppose the shorts are a step up from the bathing suit look, but....still. 

Ugh it's terribad.  Like the worst.   How the hell did someone manage to make her look more like a hooker?

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Felicity Smoak is the boogeyman to comic writers.

I personally don't care who is included and who isn't. Different medium, author has the right etc. 

However I do find this writer ridiculous. A couple months ago during his Twitter word vomit, he is liking posts praising the new series fixing GA/BC, he is going on about FS not being included because this is GA and about how this is not involved with the show at all. Then he adds Diggle. 

For an author, he can't think of a better way to phrase his vision?

So, this is just my opinion. 

I don't think Ben Percy wanted to put GA/BC together or cares if they are. I'm not saying je hates them or anything just that I don't think GA/BC and having Dinah in the title full time was something he brought to DC. From what little I've read about Rebirth it's basically a mea culpa to get the old school fans back on board while not actually getting rid of the nu52 in total. 

So Rebirth puts Lois/Clark back together and somehow gives them a kid?. Rebirth puts GA/BC together but keeps Shado/Emiko as part of the GA story, while seemingly aging Ollie up to get the pld school GA back.

That being said I also get the vibe from Percy that he either hates AJK, considers him a hack or there is some major BTS stuff that went down with Lemire getting kicked out of GA for AJK.  So while Percy is happy to use Emiko (Percy orignal character), Shado and yes even Diggle (both introduced under Percy). He wants nothing to do with Felicity who came as part of the AJK run. It's too close to that icky TV show.  Or there's the distinct possibility that Percy just hates that character type. He never bothered to bring Naomi into his run, yet I believe he had Fyffe in the story at some point 

• Love 1

So I don't read the GA comics, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing that Emi and Shado don't just kill Ollie but also killed his assistant Wendy in order to stage a murder/suicide.  Wendy is a tech genius who tends towards towards speaking rapidly and accidental sexual innuendo.  If so, he certainly hates Felicity, if not her type.

(edited)
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Comic sales... Not exactly 90K as was rumored, but still impressive for GA

Impressive for GA being the operative phrase. It still got beat handily by the Rebirth and #1 issues of 5 other DC titles. And if I'm reading the chart right, its  #1 issue (the first one that came after the Rebirth issue) sold fewer than the Rebirth issue, by 12k, which implies people bailed after reading the reboot. Flash, WW, Superman, and Batman all had better second issue (#1) sales.

GA lost 12k readers after two weeks. I'm guessing there aren't going to be more premature self congratulatory prediction tweets by Percy any time soon.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

GA is published twice a month.

Is it the same issue? I seriously do not have a clue how this works. LOL. Also I'm tired and my brain isn't working right now.

Edited by Angel12d
Just now, Angel12d said:

Is it the same issue? I seriously do not have a clue how this works. LOL. Also I'm tired and my brain isn't working right now.

No, I think the Rebirth issue is considered #0, so the first one after that is #1.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

No, I think the Rebirth issue is considered #0, so the first one after that is #1.

Oh, okay. Thank you!

That's even more interesting actually, especially as I thought they were projected to sell 100k or something? Still good for GA though.

Edited by Angel12d

I think GA Rebirth was projected at around 90k. It didn't crash and burn, just underpreformed. I'm curious as to where it settles. I think the last series was selling half of its opening sales. 

What's impressing me is Batman and Wonder Woman's rising sales from the Rebirth reset title to the #1 issue. Holy crap Batman sold an extra 80K two weeks later.

Green Lanterns and Green Arrow dropped something like 15%. That's... not ideal.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Lantern7 said:

I downloaded DC Comics' app. Is the Barrowmans' take on Malcolm worth "picking up"?

We had a discussion about it awhile back. The panels posted here are UNBELIEVABLY stupid. Even for a comic book. I mean, didja know that being bitten by twin snow leopard cubs turns you into an animal telepath? Even though IRL twin snow leopard cubs are not THAT rare? Just find one of the sets in various zoos around the world, walk in, get bit, you're an animal telepath. Easy-peasy. It's really, really, really dumb.

So yes, please pick it up and review it.

5 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

We had a discussion about it awhile back. The panels posted here are UNBELIEVABLY stupid. Even for a comic book. I mean, didja know that being bitten by twin snow leopard cubs turns you into an animal telepath? Even though IRL twin snow leopard cubs are not THAT rare? Just find one of the sets in various zoos around the world, walk in, get bit, you're an animal telepath. Easy-peasy. It's really, really, really dumb.

So yes, please pick it up and review it.

Snicker. Also, I concur.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

. . . maybe I'll just pick up the first few issues of Torchwood.

Oh, come on. We know you're an actual paid entertainment writer guy now. It's really hilariously awfully bad. Please review it. Feel free to scroll back and use my research into the not-that-rare twin snow leopard cub thing. I mean if it's that easy, ppl should just line up at the Columbus zoo for a good bite to turn into animal telepaths. I for one would love to be able to read my dogs' minds. It would make potty-training so much easier.

My apologies, it's the Akron, OH zoo that has twin snow leopards. Check back around page 25 of this thread. I just did, and was reminded of how truly stupid that comic is.

Edited by AyChihuahua
(edited)

John announces Torchwood Comic Special Edition
8 July 2016
http://johnbarrowman.com/news.shtml#seth

twcomic3.jpg

Torchwood #1 sees Captain Jack come back to Cardiff to engage the help of the last person who expected to see him again, Gwen Cooper! On the road, on the run, and under fire ­ can Jack and Gwen put aside their differences and rebuild the heart of Torchwoods before its flame is stamped out forever?!

Alongside the regular edition (in comic book stores August 3), Titan, Carole and I are proud to present a special convention edition of Torchwood which includes the entirety of Torchwood #1 plus extra fan-favorite adventure The Selkie with a brand-new cover from comic book legend Tommy Lee Edwards (Batman, Hellboy).

These regular and special editions are available to purchase at the Titan booth #5537 at San Diego Comic-Con. Carole and I will be guests on a special Titan panel where fans will be treated to announcements, behind-the-scenes reveals and upcoming plans for the Torchwood comic series. This panel will take place on Saturday July 23 at 15:30 in room 5AB. You will also have the opportunity to meet Carole and I at the show as we will be signing copies of Torchwood #1 on Sunday July 24 between 11:00am and 12:00pm at Autograph Area, Table AA21.

We are so excited about this new venture and bringing Torchwood back to life in a fresh, new, vibrant way and we can't wait for all of you to be a part of it come join us. See you in San Diego.
Love you, JB

Edited by tv echo