Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: So Close, Yet So Far - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

Yeah, "Walking Dead" commercials are not making this show look more exciting.

"RICK! Is dangerous!" BANG! BANG! BANG!

versus

"Hello? Are there any other actors in this scene?"

True.  I said:  "Oh look, the REAL show."

• Love 4

Matt too? All the black folk? Really, show?

I just can't. They have really leaned in on this! WTF. That's great. Matt will die alone and eat his parents, if they ever even make it back. My ability to appreciate this show has been damaged. I'm sure that actor was grateful for the one week of work, but why couldn't they just let him live?

• Love 4

Getting out of the city is a good idea, but I certainly wouldn't have headed towards the desert. Travis also said to leave without him if he's late. He's showing some common sense.

Poor Matt. I think he knew he wasn't going to make it.

• Love 3

My friend just had a baby and named her Gladys, it's making a comeback.

I can't believe they just left Matt.

I love the difference between those in the know and those who aren't. I can totally see that happening. I wonder if we're going to see a Walker in the Bouncy Castle.

What? A girl can dream right?

• Love 8

I actually appreciate being shown the little moments of life those in the dark are having compared to the complete panic those "in the know" feel.

Ditto.  Until you see it, you're not going to believe it.  A lot of people will try to keep to their regular schedule, thinking it's just a bad flu or something going around.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised they left Matt, who didn't look like he could walk and seemed pretty resigned.  They did just see a dead guy get up a few times to come after them.

I'm curious as to how they made the jump so quickly about being bitten, rather than a catchable flu.  Maybe I missed something I'll catch on rewatch.

• Love 2

I liked the fakeout with the radio broadcast making it seem like they were talking about the ZA and it was just a radio jockey being melodramatic about sports.

And Chris is already beyond annoying; not wanting to talk to his dad for 2 days. Ugh, teenagers!!!

• Love 4

Oh, a nine-year-old named Gladys.

She can make friends with 15 year old Enid and Carl and infant Judith.

I swear, the only kids that survive the zombie apocalypse sound like they could be in a nursing home.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 6

Why are parents fighting over weekends with their teenage son? He doesn't even seem that young, like 14. What was the mom planning to do with the kid on "her weekend"? Ugh. Divorce/custody issues are the worst!

• Love 3

Tobias! Creeping like a Walker. That would not be Carol approved.

If we don't see all these normals (the cop, the lady bitching at him, Gladys) as Walkers, I'm going to be disappointed.

• Love 4

Tobias! Creeping like a Walker. That would not be Carol approved.

If we don't see all these normals (the cop, the lady bitching at him, Gladys) as Walkers, I'm going to be disappointed.

Think that's the cop shown biting someone in the trailer.

• Love 1

I'm going to need to see some zombies in the bouncy house across the street before the hour is up. I have to.

We're here yelling at Nick to get his shit together quickly so he can take a shower and get into some non old man clothes. Months from now you'll be glad you did.

• Love 7