Type keyword(s) to search

S14: Edmond Newton

• Start Topic

Edmond has actually been one of my faves from the start. Even when he did that first dress which was kind of underwhelming. And I did and still do take exception to his performance on the team with Hanmaio. He was rude ish and dismissive, but I think that was just a bad match all the way around. Their first mistake was trying to execute a swimsuit when Hanmaio prefers to dress her models in gigantic manila envelopes. It seemed to be an aberration for Edmond and not his typical behaviour so I'll cut him some slack. I do not think he treated her that way because she's a woman; I just think they didn't mesh in any way, shape, form AT ALL.

I still love the fact that he's been a student of the show and I'm happy he finally made it on the show. I think it shows a lot of gumption and stick-to-it-iveness, which I'm sure you need to succeed in fashion. He's got a strategy that he's honed from watching like us all these seasons and it's working. Let's hope it holds out. I would not be unhappy at all if he were to win.

He does this little thing when he gets super excited where he kind of bobs his head like Grover (Muppets) and I think it's adorable. He's just so excited to be there and I don't think I've heard him bitch, moan or cry even ONCE.

Go Edmond!!!!!!!

• Love 3

I love Edmond....and I have no problem with his "treatment" of the quirky Hanmaio...she was impossible IMHO and should not have even been on the show. I don't like any of the conceptual artist types

Edmond seems to be able to make clothes women might actually wear and he is funny, nice and a big fan of the show. I am hoping he or Kelly wins it all

• Love 3

I love Edmond....and I have no problem with his "treatment" of the quirky Hanmaio...she was impossible IMHO and should not have even been on the show. I don't like any of the conceptual artist types

Totally agree with this. At least from the footage we were shown it definitely seemed like Edmond was the one who magnanimously kept his cool in a very trying situation.

I love him, too. He has the  best attitude, never lets anything get him down for long, doesn't take all the 'drama' personally, doesn't try to make it All About Him, seems to like and be liked by everyone. And I don't think the fact that it took him this long to get on the show is a bad reflection on either him or the quality of the other contestants - maybe he worked really hard over that timespan and got better and better. He's done some designs this season that I considered swoonworthy.

Edmond - call me!

Tim was never shown telling him to pack and leave. Bet they show Tim saving him at the beginning of the next episode. He owes him for encouraging Edmond to use that sequin fabric. As for the previews showing no Edmond. Editing.

In other news, WTH was Ed thinking with that horrible dress? Red Carpet, Ed, not Hooker Highway.

Not only did he not show Tim telling him to pack his things and leave (though since they'd just gotten back to NY, it's possible there was nothing left to pack), but there was NO MENTION of the Tim Gunn Save this week, YET there had been no mention of last week being the last time he could use it (unless I missed it, but I was listening for it). 

Previews say there is an extra twist next week so I am holding out hope that the episode opens with Edmond getting the Tim Gunn Save, otherwise I am done with PR. 

Ashley may be very sweet, and I respect her desire to design for the larger woman, but she is a hot mess IMHO who can barely dress herself, no less others. 

If they chose her over him to show in NYFW (and even that is sort of a joke because the top 6 show, really) then they've jumped the shark.

• Love 1

Actually there was mention of the TGS. On the runway, Heidi goes through her usual intros of the judges then the bit about how Tim is there and won't be judging but has the save, and she turns to him and says in a manner all full of foreshadowing "Which you haven't used yet!"

At that point, I was fairly sure it would get used no matter who got eliminated.

• Love 1

The dress really was the worst on the runway - though I loved the sequin fabric, I think Edmond let himself get paralyzed by it. And I have always admired Heidi for her willingness to stand up for the "one day you're in, the next day you're out" standard, even when everyone else opposes her (she won this time, and didn't look too happy about it). But I do believe the TGS will bring Edmond back this week, and I'll be very glad if I'm right. He's got a few taste issues, but overall, he's done some wonderful designs this season, and even the not-so-wonderful have been thoughtfully executed and seen through.

This has nothing to do with whether or not he deserves final three, but I do love his attitude (see my above post for more). He 'auf' gave me more to love - he was spontaneously kind and generous to Ashley at the moment of disappointment, he was articulate and appreciative with the judges as he left (was Heidi trying not to cry when she kissed him goodbye?) and in his 'final' moments he owned his mistakes without hesitation.

• Love 3

I figured out why I keep thinking "Sir Edmond Newton". Aside from it having a nice (and oddly familiar) ring to it, when I see the thread heading, my eyesight and brain translate S14 into SIR

Haha, my brain did the exact same thing!

• Love 1

This has nothing to do with whether or not he deserves final three, but I do love his attitude (see my above post for more). He 'auf' gave me more to love - he was spontaneously kind and generous to Ashley at the moment of disappointment, he was articulate and appreciative with the judges as he left (was Heidi trying not to cry when she kissed him goodbye?) and in his 'final' moments he owned his mistakes without hesitation.

And that's why he catapulted above Ashley for me. I'm hoping he's saved and that he wins. 

Edmond has been my favorite the whole season.  On the whole, his attitude toward his work, the show and his co-contestants has been kind and affable.  Every one except Hannemaio (sp?) seems to like him, and I'm going to cut him some slack on that. 

I don't think he'll win because he's not avant-garde enough for the show, but he's the only one whose clothes I would actually wear or could see a friend or relative wearing.  Kelly is a delightful girl, but the truth is, even if gifted, I can not imagine having the nerve to wear anything she puts forth.  Candice puts me off, and so do her clothes.  Most of them look like costumes.  And I am still sticking by my claim that she and Ashley did NOT deserve the win for that hideous outfit they thought anyone at all would wear in southern France.  And besides, the cape looks just like a pair of oven mitts I have.  Don't even know where to start with Ashley.  I know she plans on designing for the plus size line, and she may do all right there.  Nothing she designed on the show would be suitable for the plus size ladies.  And going by her own clothes, she hasn't sold me on her abilities with that line either.  

Don't care what Heidi and Nina select.  For me, Edmond is the winner.  Well, at least until I see his collection.

• Love 3

Avant garde or not, one of the things I love most about Edmond is that with rare exception his models look so gorgeous when they walk the runway. I think he does an amazing job of designing for the person he's dressing ... 

Of all of the designers I can remember from this show over the years, he might be the person I would MOST want to design for me ... I have a really hard figure to make look halfway decent (even when I was younger, before gravity decided to move everything around in the worst possible places, I was sort of va-va-voom but super-hard to dress because I am short, curvy, and not only big-boobed but high-waisted, so my waistline is literally inches ABOVE my boobline) ...

But I bet he could make me look good (or as good as possible). 

Plus he just seems like the loveliest person. 

I figured out why I keep thinking "Sir Edmond Newton". Aside from it having a nice (and oddly familiar) ring to it, when I see the thread heading, my eyesight and brain translate S14 into SIR

I figured it was because of Sir Isaac Newton, discoverer of gravity!

• Love 1