Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: The Men Tell All (Kaitlyn Edition)

• Start Topic

What a disappointing MTA. Way too much time spent on JJ and Clint (either they did have a romance, in which case, it's quite mean to treat it like a big joke -- or they didn't, and it's a non-story) and the cyberbullying nonsense. I have no problem with them addressing cyberbullying, but I don't think it should have been done on the MTA. Have a special PSA about it during the commercial break or something. 

Ben Z. and Ben H. both doing winning Bachelor auditions. My money is on Ben Z. He's probably the better choice and he has a better 'hook' - his dead mom - plus Ben H. is a little young for the gig. I'd happily watch either of them though. Maybe they can bring Ben H. back in a couple of years. Ithem. 

Anyway, bring on Bachelor in Paradise! 

lol, both Bens are 26.

• Love 1

lol, both Bens are 26.

Really?? I knew Ben H. was, but Ben Z. looks a little worn for 26... He looks good for the 33-ish I thought he was (the two Bens are really the only two I thought were attractive of this bunch), but he might want to start getting into sunscreen or something...

• Love 1
lol, both Bens are 26.

Oh, wow, that is surprising. I remember her bringing it up a lot with Ben H. but not with Ben Z. He definitely seems older.

I'm not getting why Ben H is being called too young, I'd think that age is just about right for this kind of show.

It's not outrageously young or anything, but most 26 year old men I know are not all that interested in getting married immediately. They're maybe looking for more serious relationships than they were in their early 20's but settling down is not a top priority, whereas for women it is about that age that it becomes moreso. Of course, I can't speak for Ben H. (or Ben Z.!) specifically...maybe he's not that interested in playing the field. 

Of course, this is all assuming that any Bachelor/ette is actually on there because they want to find true love. I'm sure Ben H. can fake it as well as the rest of them :-)

• Love 1

Really?? I knew Ben H. was, but Ben Z. looks a little worn for 26... He looks good for the 33-ish I thought he was (the two Bens are really the only two I thought were attractive of this bunch), but he might want to start getting into sunscreen or something...

I just checked again and yep, BOTH Bens are 26.

Also, her F4 - Jared, which i know some here prefer - is also 26.

So, no more Too Young To Be TB points.

(edited)

Really?? I knew Ben H. was, but Ben Z. looks a little worn for 26... He looks good for the 33-ish I thought he was (the two Bens are really the only two I thought were attractive of this bunch), but he might want to start getting into sunscreen or something...

Although Ben Z seems more mature to me in some ways, IMO he doesn't necessarily look older. I think this is one of those instances of varied mileage (or however the expression goes). I've seen young people who look rough for their age. Generally, though, there are also many people who experience very little difference in their appearance from their mid 20s to 30s. I think Ben Z'll be one of them.

Edited by C76

From what I've seen on this franchise, age means nothing, and is not a requirement to be the Bach or Bach-ette. What DOES matter is being photogenic, looking good in a bikini (for B-ette) and being hunky when shirtless for the Bach. The Bach looking good taking a shower is also a plus. A interesting or sad or tragic backstory is also a plus, although not as important as the superficial appearance. A career and backstory can always be manufactured to suit the show.

• Love 4

I think (correct me etc.) that Sean Lowe at 28 was the youngest Bachelor. (Virtually?) everyone else has been at least 30.

Jesse Palmer was 25. I think he was the youngest.

Firestone, Ben Flap, Aaron (S2) were all around 28, besides Sean as you mentioned.

I bet she can't wait for this all to be over and to be able to return to a somewhat normal life.

I think the opposite. Leaving the spotlight and no longer being the centre of attention is something that makes most of these fame seekers cringe. No matter what insults have been thrown Kaitlyn's way, she still probably loves the drama of having multiple guys pretend to be hooked on her...and having a camera follow her every move.

Well, it actually is okay for consenting adults to have sex with each other without a commitment being attached to it, and it's not automatically gross. Men have been doing this for eons and will continue to do this without the fear of being labeled and minimized as a human being. Why shouldn't women? Responsible adults having sex is not a bad thing and no one, man or woman, should be made to feel that it is. Communication is the tricky part, and this is where Kaitlyn failed.

Some people value monogamy and dislike promiscuity. The casualization of sex does not appeal to many. It does not excuse treating others like dirt, but I can see how it would form a legitimate basis for judging one's character.

• Love 5
(edited)

Some people value monogamy and dislike promiscuity.

Exactly. These are all opinions, and one opinion is no more "correct" than the other. My opinion is anything goes, with the caveat that both parties know what they are getting into.  Assuming Kaitlyn had sex with Shawn, if she told him it was a casual thing and Shawn didn't like that but did it anyway, his bad...if she led him to believe she did it with him because he was "the one", her bad.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
I think the opposite. Leaving the spotlight and no longer being the centre of attention is something that makes most of these fame seekers cringe. No matter what insults have been thrown Kaitlyn's way, she still probably loves the drama of having multiple guys pretend to be hooked on her...and having a camera follow her every move.

I think definitely this is why she (and most of the other franchise leads) go into it in the first place, but I think being the subject of so much scrutiny probably is much more taxing and less fun and games than most of them think it is going to be...especially considering they are also trying to fulfill contractual obligations and please the show's producers at the same time. Kaitlyn especially doesn't seem like she's dealt very well with this situation to me...throughout the season she has appeared, to me, genuinely distressed at many points. I don't doubt there is still an appeal to being 'the Bachelorette' but I'm willing to bet she's had enough for now.

• Love 1

Way late to the party on this one, but just caught up with this on demand. 

Agreed with everyone who thought it was anti-climactic and far too much time was spent on inconsequential people, too much time on Clint/JJ/Ian stuff, and nothing was really revealed. Corey?? Barely even remember him on the show, yet he talked the most by far. 

I was cringing through Ian's apologies (particularly the one to the guys). I have no idea how he was intending to come across, but he's apparently entirely tone deaf socially, so it was screamingly awkward. 

However, Kaitlyn had hands-down the dumbest quote of the evening. After the segment on her bird fear, she commented "People keep asking me why I have tattoos of birds...[gestures toward the back of her arms]...it's not like I can see them"

Um ok, then. Did they just appear there overnight without her input or consent? 

• Love 1

I totally forgot aboute tattoo thing. That was a total WTF moment. It just highlights that she's not the brightest little bulb.

I hate to admit it but I was one of the ones who wanted Kaitlyn over Britt. I loved her on the farmer's season. I thought she would be fun, playful, not take this whole trainwreck too seriously but still have enough understanding of what it's like on the rejection side to not lead guys on. Boy was I wrong. Most disappointing season ever.