Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Cold: Chillin' Like a Villain

• Start Topic

07-fla01-captcold-1530-73e2b.jpg

Leonard Snart played by Wentworth Miller.

A recurring villain on The Flash, now a series regular and team member on Legends. Smart, calculating, bold, deadly; doesn't see himself as a hero.

• Love 2

I just watched last week's Flash and wow. I wasn't really sold in Captain Cold at first but Wentworth was amazing in it. His dialogue and expressions slay me. It makes me much more excited for this show.

• Love 1

I just watched last week's Flash and wow. I wasn't really sold in Captain Cold at first but Wentworth was amazing in it. His dialogue and expressions slay me. It makes me much more excited for this show.

I knew we could count on Snart to bring the mellow and the sarcasm, so I was fine with having him on the team if not thrilled. But the turning point for me was when they were in the vault and Barry told him that his sister was safe - the relief on his face and the way his shoulders slacked like he could finally breathe - that's the guy we can count on to save lives, even if he's more morally grey than the others. Then he shot his terrible father right in the heart, and I was even happier, 'cause sometimes you just need a hero that won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

• Love 7

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd like to see Cold and Sara have a one nighter before continuing on as Legends together.  I get the feeling it could be really hot.

I could see them having a fling for a while.  Or a kind of co-workers with benefits.  Let's wait and see if it is on during the first or second hour of CW programing.  :)

• Love 2

I meant Wentworth Miller, although he's not white it looks like Cold is.

Yeah, I was disappointed when they cast the actress for Snart's sister, hoping they might cast someone bi-racial -- silly me.

I mean, it'd just be great to see him in roles that acknowledge people of multi-ethnic heritage.

New Wentworth article:

“So far he seems to be presented as straight,” Miller explains. “I’d like to believe there are a couple extra layers to unpeel [and] I instinctively feel like he’s probably pansexual and just gets a hard-on for your soul.”

http://www.newnownext.com/wentworth-miller-on-legends-of-tomorrows-captain-cold-i-instinctively-feel-like-hes-pansexual/01/2016/

Thus making a 100 Bary/Snart shippers very happy. 

• Love 3

They need to do whatever they can to keep this man part of the Flarrowverse.  Even if he only does one season of LoT - do. not. kill. him!

And I swear I see more chemistry between Barry and Snart than I do with anyone else but maybe Barry and Felicity. 

They need to do whatever they can to keep this man part of the Flarrowverse.  Even if he only does one season of LoT - do. not. kill. him!

And I swear I see more chemistry between Barry and Snart than I do with anyone else but maybe Barry and Felicity. 

I agree. Although, I do see Barry/Felicity as more of an adorable puppy/kitten vibe than the white, hot liquid sex thing that happens whenever Barry and Cold lay eyes on each other.

• Love 3

I agree. Although, I do see Barry/Felicity as more of an adorable puppy/kitten vibe than the white, hot liquid sex thing that happens whenever Barry and Cold lay eyes on each other.

LOL well yes.  I don't hear chicka bow wow in the background for Barry and Felicity either but I do think the emote hearts and rainbows whenever they are around each other.  I mean seriously, even with Oliver in the same damn room - I thought Felicity and Barry had chemistry.  But nothing compares to the "I want your sex" looks that I swear Barry and Cold have been giving each other ever since Cold demasked him.

• Love 3

Here's a few tidbits from WM's latest interview:

But with the relationships that he starts developing with White Canary's character and Rip's character and Professor Stein, there are other people, suddenly, that Snart is finding himself caring about and having to care for -- which puts him in an increasingly vulnerable and uncomfortable position, because he's used to looking out solely for himself.

(snip)

I'm particularly intrigued by Sarah Lance's journey. She's clearly badass, but she's also got a code. You can see her moral struggle, and that's a model for Snart, because he's got his own code. He's got his own struggle. So I think he's focused on her for a variety of reasons.

(snip)

I thought of Snart as the guy calling the shots and he's a team player in that he has a team and everyone has to do what he says. I did not take it as far as, "If you come for someone on my team, I will in turn come for you." But that is the dynamic, and that's been a lot of fun to explore.

This is everything that I wanted for this character! He's caring for other people (particlarly the three people I care about, ha)! He's a snarky teamplayer! Guys, please read the rest of the article, it's awesome.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/legends-of-tomorrow-wentworth-miller-on-whether-captain-cold-is-a-hero?page=1

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 2

I'm excited for Cold and Sara in whatever type of relationship they have. You can tell from the promos that she's the first one on the team to get his respect. She's a kindred spirit of sorts. It's interesting that he says Snart focus' on Sara because he sees her struggling with her morality. Like Cold, Sara doesn't think of herself as a hero. Only her reasoning's differ from his. He doesn't want to be a hero and she doesn't think she's worthy of being called one.

I can't wait to see them together. I have feeling that if Sara's going to tell anyone about her "bloodlust" curse, it would be Snart. 

• Love 3
I can't wait to see them together. I have feeling that if Sara's going to tell anyone about her "bloodlust" curse, it would be Snart.

Snart would be the best choice really. He and Mick should have no problem lining up a couple of people for Sara to take out in order to clear her head.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

That article gives me hope that my wish of Sara and Cold being besties will come true. That way the next time Barry sees Cold he'll bring his BFF Sara with him. 

I think Cold thinks of Heatwave as an underling, which is

when Heatwave starts to find his own way, Snart starts to feel lost

. Sara could be his first real friend. 

• Love 2

I can see Sara as a real friend.  Given her history, she's not going to judge him for his.  Frankly, I think Sara has him WAAAAY beat when it comes to the body count.  She may not have killed anyone on screen but we know she was in the LoA for 3-4 years.  Snarts killed his dad and was it one other person when he was first testing Barry?  That's it as far as we know, right?

Correction, we've seen Sara kill at least three or four  on screen - I'd just forgotten about the Dollmaker and League minions. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

On or off, in terms of kills Sara definitely has Snart beat. The difference, I imagine, is Snart's sociopath tendencies. Thanks to his upbringing he doesn't seem to be emotionally connected to anyone except his sister. Most people are either tools or obstacles to him, and killing them has little impact on his psyche. Sara, I imagine, lost a little bit of herself every time she had to kill someone back in her LoA days. 

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

...  Snarts killed his dad and was it one other person when he was first testing Barry?  That's it as far as we know, right?

He's killed at least 4 onscreen; 2 in his first episode, Deathbolt, and then his father.

• Love 1

WM is being awesome again:

http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/entertainment/television/news/193406/5_questions_with_wentworth_miller

There's this:

EDGE: What was it about the role of Captain Cold that had you return to TV?

Wentworth Miller: Initially it wasn't about the role. When I got the offer I'd never even heard of Captain Cold. It was about going back to work after a break from acting. Getting my feet wet. And as far as what I found on the page, when the character was first introduced -- this was back on 'The Flash' -- it didn't resonate with me. I got where the writers were coming from, but their version felt very traditional. Very classic crime boss. A throwback. I'm more interested in Captain Cold as a throw forward. How is he progressive? And progressed? And I've been exploring that in his walk, his talk, his dress. The way he carries himself. I pitched him to the writers as pansexual. I feel confident that if Captain Cold met another superhero or villain with the right combination of smarts, and wit, and badassery, he'd be into them. Their sex or gender would be totally irrelevant.

And this:

EDGE: Is is time for a gay superhero on tv and who do you think it should be?

Wentworth Miller: I don't know. All of them.

Snart/Cpt Cols is really pansexual... he was even flirting with Gideon last episode!

I love it and its great.... best of all WM can actually pull it off without that creep factor.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

So if WM gets his way we'll finally have another time-traveling Captain willing to hit on anything with a pulse (or without one taking into account the Gideon remark) - fine by me.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

I'm fairly sure if we got Barrowman and Miller on screen together the show would explode. That, or they'd be on completely blank sets because the two of them would have chewed up ALL the scenery.

• Love 5

I think Rip knows he's smart, that's why he was willing to take Heatwave along because he wanted Snart for his brain. 

He's very observant which is why he and Sara should be leading the missions, they would case the places before, during and after for any sign of trouble. 

• Love 1

Hi , new here , but I just have to ask this. Is it me or does Cold seam a lot smarter that he wants people to think he is?

Initially on the Flash, Snart was portrayed as brilliant in the planning of his heists. If I recall he killed someone for not following his plan which would have left no guards dead. (Reminded me of Tockman the Clock King on Arrow)  But then he got his cold gun and seemed fine in killing innocent bystanders just to test the gun and the Flash out.  Later Barry challenged him to use his brains so he didn't kill and Snart took him up on it. So yeah, his brains are being underutilized so far on LoT. Maybe he is purposely hiding what he can do.     

I had this posted and I thought I reposted it the media thread. I need to go find where I actually posted it >.<  Probably somewhere in the Arrow thread. I should go find it and erase it....

So I binged this show this weekend, and I have to say, Captain Cold was hands down my favorite (closely followed by Sara). His one-liners were the best, and I loved the scenes of him and Sara doing normal things, like playing cards, on the ship.

I haven't started watching season two, but I really hope Snart somehow surivived the explosion and is out there somewhere in time still being the big damn hero he really is. I feel robbed of him and Mick finally being okay with each other, or having a conversation of how they're changed. A girl can hope those two crazy rogues can finally share a beer and be smart asses together.

• Love 2

Since the show has not explicitly said otherwise, I have chosen to believe the destruction of the Occulus sent Snart somewhere in time rather than killing him outright. So if WM gets the chance to come back they can just stumble across Cold in some timeline.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KirkB said:

Since the show has not explicitly said otherwise, I have chosen to believe the destruction of the Occulus sent Snart somewhere in time rather than killing him outright. So if WM gets the chance to come back they can just stumble across Cold in some timeline.

Same here, although I feel like we're going to see him in the past, therefore seeing him before his hero journey. Which if we do, I hope we see him still make those heroic choices that we have seen him make.

If we do find "our" Cold somewhere in time, I hope we see a hug, that he initiates. But that might be asking too much. I wonder if the writers knew how much he was liked compared to the rest of the Legends, and if they were bummed about the whole contract situation Wentworth had.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

If we do find "our" Cold somewhere in time, I hope we see a hug, that he initiates. But that might be asking too much. I wonder if the writers knew how much he was liked compared to the rest of the Legends, and if they were bummed about the whole contract situation Wentworth had.

This is kind of mean of me, but I hope so. It would give me some unworthy satisfaction. Granted, we're only one episode in, but I really felt his absence in the first S2 ep, and I just don't look forward to it like I did last year. But

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to the 10/25 Flash episode, when Cold comes back! (I don't know if that's considered a spoiler, but I figured better safe.)

I 100% agree. I don't know if its because I just binged the whole first season, but the team seems really changed, and I don't mean from character growth. As jaded as Cold was, I always thought he brought realistic responses to the table. Rip was the one who keep the timeline in mind, but Cold was the one who was realistic about what they had to do. And he was loyal to a fault.  

I will miss his sarcasm. Wentworth chewed his scenes, but I didnt mind it, especially the way he had Cold speak. It was always very calculated.  I wish we would have seen moments when he wasn't so calculated, less cold and more emotional....like his Empire Strikes Back moment of freezing off his hand to get to the team to keep them from killing Chronos, who he really knew was Mick.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 1

I re-watched the scene where he encountered his younger self (and also watched The Flash scene where he shot his father). WM was SO good in those scenes--less snark, less snarl, more Snart, I guess you could say. He dialed it back exactly the right amount, and did a beautiful job showing the layers we were just starting to discover. Sigh... 

• Love 2