Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Womb For Rent

Dammit show!  Losing Monkey almost did me in and now Stewie?   Seriously?    Seeing Jeff like this just hurts my heart.   How he's been with his animals has always been the real Jeff to me. 

I have always liked Gage, even when other people didn't, but I really like how he is this season.   I think he's good for Jeff and I think he'll be a really good parent.

• Love 9

Oh God another pet death on this show.  I can't take it anymore.  Jeff's got such a soft heart when it comes to his animals.  It's so heartbreaking to watch.

Gage is coming to his own this season and I'm so happy to see that he doesn't have a stick up his butt and he really is a nice guy.

I enjoyed the sperm donor portion of the episode.  I'm guessing this was taped before the law was passed about gay marriage.  I wonder if they are going to get married.  I have to say I'm a little worried about them having a baby and not being married..just what happens if they break up?

• Love 1

This was the most I have ever laughed at FO. This was great! Loved them discussing what they are each attracted to in a woman (best part), Jeff picking a woman that looked like him, Gage and Jeff feeding Stewie and cracking up at the clinic.

Gage finally showed that he and Jeff really are compatable. He was so stiff last season, but really adds to this season. The scene where Jeff and Vanina were teasing him about Matt not returning his calls was funny, and Gage took the teasing in good humor. Speaking of Vanina, it was great to see someone at JLD skillfully handling customers.

I'm glad they didn't show as much of Stewie. I still get choked up thinking of Monkey and couldn't handle that again.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh God another pet death on this show.  I can't take it anymore.  Jeff's got such a soft heart when it comes to his animals.  It's so heartbreaking to watch.

Gage is coming to his own this season and I'm so happy to see that he doesn't have a stick up his butt and he really is a nice guy.

I enjoyed the sperm donor portion of the episode.  I'm guessing this was taped before the law was passed about gay marriage.  I wonder if they are going to get married.  I have to say I'm a little worried about them having a baby and not being married..just what happens if they break up?

California has had gay marriage since 2013, so this would not have been before they would have been legally allowed to wed in California, However, California allows unmarried same-sex couples to adopt, so they would do what many gay couples have been doing for years. The person who is not listed as the father on the birth certificate would adopt the child.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Thanks for explaining Biakbiak.  So Jeff will be the father and Gage will adopt.  But then I guess they'd share custody if they broke up.  Jeff is kind of a loose cannon so I worry.  However, he seems to be pretty stable in his relationships.

I thought the part in the fertility clinic with the timers was kind of gross. Jeff really has no qualms about private stuff. They do love their pets but I don't know how they will do as parents. They both seem pretty rigid about everything and you can't compartmentalize things with children. I assume Zoila would be onboard with the raising the baby part. I also wonder how much Jenni sees her baby and I wish she would mention her once in awhile.

Their current client seems kind of nuts, but I guess the customer is always right. 

• Love 1

I've always loved Gage, and I'm so glad he's finally shining through.  It's too funny that he and Jeff are "attracted" to different donors (who didn't see THAT coming?).   The breathy Matt love in the car was comedy gold.  And 3:15 ... way to go (or come), Gage!

People who love their animals are the best kind of people, period.  But I just can't with Stewie - I went through this with my 4 eldest boys, and it's still too raw (and probably always will be).  I'll watch zombies and serial killers wreak havoc on humans all day long, but show me the hint of animal angst and I'm a blubbering mess using the fast forward button.  :-)

Zoila still steps on my last nerve.

• Love 5

I've always disliked Gage, but I'm starting to come around. He is much more tolerable now. Before it seemed like he was very divisive and a schemer, but he must have settled into his role and become more secure in his place with Jeff and the business. He is even kind of funny sometimes.

Poor Stewie. I hope Jeff doesn't have to lose a pet again for a looooong time.

I like Zoila less every season. Something is very wrong with her.

• Love 1

I've always disliked Gage, but I'm starting to come around. He is much more tolerable now. Before it seemed like he was very divisive and a schemer, but he must have settled into his role and become more secure in his place with Jeff and the business. He is even kind of funny sometimes.

I always liked Gage. I think last season he was uncomfortable because of that loser assistant Jeff fired and then re-hired. It was all dirty sex jokes that weren't really funny and Jeff was laughing along with it. That season sucked and when Jeff realized it thank god he came to his senses and got rid of that idiot.  It's so much better now and Gage is obviously happier. 

If I were Jeff, though, I would tell Zoila to straighten up and show some respect for Gage or get the hell out. She is going to be jealous as hell when that baby comes. Gage strikes me as the kind of dad that is going to want to be hands on so where is that going to put Zoila?

• Love 7

I've always loved Gage, 

People who love their animals are the best kind of people, period. 

Me, too!  

And I totally agree with you about people LOVING their animals.  I am always suspicious of someone that hates animals. ALWAYS.

• Love 6

I can't handle Jeff losing more pets!!!!

Otherwise I think this episode had a great balance of joking around and being sad. 

I think Jeff will be a great dad and it will cause him to calm down a lot. Like Jenny said, he won't be in control.  He always alway great with Ryan's (his ex) little girl.

I can however see him getting frustrated with a screaming child and either hand him/her off to Gage, Zoila or Jenny.

I wonder how much time Jenny actually works for him with her having her own kid to take care of.  I bet her husband is incredibly busy. I have a feeling she's only around for taping because the majority of the time if Jenny is with Jeff with a client then Vanina is there are well. 

• Love 1

NO!  Not Stewie!   Damn it, between Monkey and Stewie, I feel as though I need to send Jeff a condolence card or fruit basket.

I'm sure Jeff can be a pill to deal with in real life but I will always, always admire him for the way he is with his pets and how much they mean to him.

Count me in as one who never really got Gage but I see it now.  He and Jeff really are a good pair.

I'm enjoying this season far more than last, where they nearly lost me.

• Love 4

Not only do I think that Jeff Lewis would be among the worst possible people to have for a parent, it makes me truly uncomfortable to watch these over-priveleged and (in Jeff's case) overage people "shopping" for a "perfect" baby. Is he too selfish to raise a child that doesn't meet all of his specific requirements? It simply doesn't augur well, imo.

• Love 2

In the car:

Jeff: "We're going to have a child."

Jeff's brother on speaker phone: "Did Gage go off the pill?"

Gage: "I'm here Todd, and you're on speaker. And I took out my Nuva Ring."

Scenes like this and the one where Jeff says he couldn't run this business without Gage, I finally get why they work as a couple.

Not only do I think that Jeff Lewis would be among the worst possible people to have for a parent, it makes me truly uncomfortable to watch these over-priveleged and (in Jeff's case) overage people "shopping" for a "perfect" baby. Is he too selfish to raise a child that doesn't meet all of his specific requirements? It simply doesn't augur well, imo.

I totally disagree. That baby will have no absence of love in that house. You can tell by how they treat their animals that they know how to selflessly love.

I see no difference in a fifty year old man marring a gorgeous thirty year old and having beautiful kids and Jeff and Gage "shopping" for an egg. And it IS played up for tv.

• Love 9

I totally disagree. That baby will have no absence of love in that house. You can tell by how they treat their animals that they know how to selflessly love.

I see no difference in a fifty year old man marring a gorgeous thirty year old and having beautiful kids and Jeff and Gage "shopping" for an egg. And it IS played up for tv.

I agree, and he seemed sweet with Ryan's baby.  He seemed to really love her.   I think babies can change people. 

I don't mind them being superficial WRT the surrogate's looks.  I think that if everyone who had children had no choice but to pick and choose physical traits, many would be just as superficial.  No one would be considering a donor's EQ, but IQ and physical traits. 

• Love 2

In the car:

Jeff: "We're going to have a child."

Jeff's brother on speaker phone: "Did Gage go off the pill?"

Gage: "I'm here Todd, and you're on speaker. And I took out my Nuva Ring."

Scenes like this and the one where Jeff says he couldn't run this business without Gage, I finally get why they work as a couple.

If you say so. Don't agree.

It's also underplayed but Jeff is also close to his family (dad, brother and sister-in-law, grandmother) and the family he has created. Heck the reason he gave Sarah so many chances is because she was family (through her sister). 

• Love 3

So sad about Stewie. That was just heart breaking. Otherwise, a really great episode. I really enjoyed it (I laughed and I cried).

I've always liked Gage. I think he got a bad edit in previous seasons. I always thought he was a good calming force for Jeff while Jeff brings out Gage's silly side. One zigs the other zags and opposites attract.

• Love 4
(edited)

ispnasy....I have...quite a few times (I'm 68). And I would NEVER not be there with them at the end no matter how sad - it is about them knowing how loved they have been.

Edited by maggiemae

Why would you refer to Jeff as "over-priveleged" ? He has earned every single thing he has, he built his business and nobody handed him anything. It really riles me when people who are successful through hard work and took the risk of starting a business are refered to as "over-priveleged".

Why shouldn't they, given the chance and because they cannot have a biological child without an egg donor, pick the qualities - both physical and otherwise - they desire in a child?

• Love 1

I find it slightly amusing that some people stress out over selecting the "perfect" donor (whether it's for the egg or sperm).  I believe there is a lot to be said for nature vs. nurture.  Just because the donor has a genius IQ, supermodel type looks, an athletic background and body type, and a congenial disposition doesn't mean that the child will turn out to be the same way.  Then you can still have the opposite effect; a donor could be less than bright, homely, unathletic and sloth-like in activity level, overweight, and the personality of an asshat, but the child could very well turn out to be and even brought up to be extremely personable, employ great study habits that enable them to do well in school, enjoy sports and a healthy way of living/eating, and be attractive.  I personally know people who are the result of both types of scenarios.  No matter what type of person someone picks for their donor, I still feel genetics can be quite the unpredictable crapshoot.

• Love 3