Type keyword(s) to search

RW: New Orleans (2000)

• Start Topic

The Real World: New Orleans is the ninth season of MTV's reality television series The Real World, which focuses on a group of diverse strangers living together for several months in a different city each season, as cameras follow their lives and interpersonal relationships. It is the first season of The Real World to be filmed in West South Central States region of the United States, specifically in Louisiana.

What do you take away from the RW season that took place during the cusp of the Reality Revolution? For me, there's Julie and her Mormon ways (becoming the biggest ingenue since Julie in the original season); David, his massive ego, and "Come On Be My Baby Tonight"; Matt being really, really white; Danny, his sweaters, his sexiness, and his blur-faced boyfriend Paul; Melissa, perhaps the most intentionally funny cast member in the show's history; the Mardi Gras episode; and their cable access show. I reckon this season is a standout from start to finish.

• Love 2

This is actually my favorite season, and I think it marks the end of the "classic" era of the show.

I loved Melissa, especially her confessional the night everything in the house went crazy thanks to Mardi Gras, the time that bird shit on her head while on vacation and her describing her parents I still watch those moments and laugh till I can't breathe. I also loved when she flipped out on David during that meeting; I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to throw a chair and just scream "time the fuck out" Melissa style.

• Love 4

I loved Melissa, especially her confessional the night everything in the house went crazy thanks to Mardi Gras,

Oh my god, something about being in bed with a Mormon on one side of her and a naked gay man on the other and "What am I supposed to do with that?"

• Love 2
(edited)

And after the commerical, BMP plays Destiny Child's "Say My Name," while David admits not knowing the name of his latest conquest. The look on his face: "My mother is going to KILL me for this."

Melissa still blogs every now and then . . . you can read it here.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
(edited)

That Onstar thing is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I love Melissa. She seems really happy in her life. From reading her blogs, she seems kind of snooty now which surprises me.

I'll never forget "you, me and David can get in a menagerie".

She was so funny.

Edited by Maharincess

This was the last season I half-watched. I must have suddenly gotten old because everyone on the show looked and acted like kids to me.

The only thing I remember was alpha-male David being unable to change a flat tire and was going to have the vehicle towed (TOWED!) to a garage. If I remember right, some others in the house figured out how to raise the car a few inches and turn a few bolts to get the spare on, which made David screaming pissed. 

• Love 1

I don't remember that. Was that on the "never seen" DVD? I wound up tracking it down and saw it exactly once.

It's funny how David doesn't seem that bad compared to recent seasons, but he was so ridiculous, what with the ego trips, the singing/rapping/scatting, and the sexual conquests. Remember when he was producing the cable access show, and the girls (and Danny) were making fun of him in the car? Or the time Julie did an impressive impersonation of him, capping it off with "woo woo"? Good times.

• Love 2

I don't remember that. Was that on the "never seen" DVD? I wound up tracking it down and saw it exactly once.

My memory isn't great and the TWoP recaps are gone so I may be wrong. I remember my roommate laughing that David could just lift the car while they change the tire. 

This is actually my favorite season, and I think it marks the end of the "classic" era of the show.

Yeah, this was the last season I really liked watching. Definitely the end of an era, as a few seasons later the show really becomes a fist-fight and STD factory.

• Love 3

I was reading something from last summer about a New Orleans City Council spokeswoman who was fired for using racial slurs, and one of the African-Americans quoted as being present and outraged when she did so was Elton, the gang's boss at NOA-TV.

I remember one of the cast members having a theory that he wasn't really the director of that station, and had just been paid to act the role (she said she wanted to tell him to "Go back to General Hospital"). I guess Google wasn't as sophisticated in 2000 as it is now, because it's easily verifiable that he has had a long career in New Orleans public television.   

However, I would believe that he took some production notes to be a hard-ass, after Calvin in Hawaii and the radio people in Seattle had been pretty easygoing in letting the casts slack off.  

Kelley and Danny seemed like fun on RWNO.

Kelley was the obligatory person that season who started evading the cameras, and she was also in the relationship with Peter the local doctor for most of it. So she's mainly memorable from her season as Danny's gal pal. I guess she had a few other memorable scenes, like her fight with David when he insisted on rapping on their TV show. (Edit: Oh, no, not rapping. How could I forget? "Flowing"! The "Come on, be my baby tonight" song.) 

Until today, I hadn't seen those March photos of Kelley/Danny in Belgium (right before everything started to get...2020). It's nice to know they're still so close, 20 years after doing the show together. So often, the "friends forever" talk in Real World finales turns out to be fake. But look at these two, actually taking a vacation together. 

They still look good. He's changed more than she has.

Edited by Asp Burger

I've been re-watching this (on YouTube), and, wow, David is ridiculous in so many ways, but it's a great moment on vacation when Matt comes over and says he thought about how he'd feel if the cast consisted of Matt, one half white person, and five Black people, and realizes David must feel out of place in his own home.

Melissa's insecurity is painful to watch; I mostly just remembered the terrific humor she used to cover it up.  I love her telling Julie she's just plain exhausted by having to repeatedly teach white people about racism when Julie is nagging her to explain things and claiming that's the only way progress will be made.  But I do feel for Julie when she tells Melissa she's learned more from their conversation than she did in four years of high school and three of college, and that's not fair - she got cheated by being taught such a narrow view of the world.

There's something about Julie that really bugs me, though.  Didn't she wind up being a bit of a nutter after the show?  I think I'm having vague memories of those Real World/Road Rules challenges they used to do. 

4 hours ago, Bastet said:

I've been re-watching this (on YouTube), and, wow, David is ridiculous in so many ways, but it's a great moment on vacation when Matt comes over and says he thought about how he'd feel if the cast consisted of Matt, one half white person, and five Black people, and realizes David must feel out of place in his own home.

Melissa's insecurity is painful to watch; I mostly just remembered the terrific humor she used to cover it up.  I love her telling Julie she's just plain exhausted by having to repeatedly teach white people about racism when Julie is nagging her to explain things and claiming that's the only way progress will be made.  But I do feel for Julie when she tells Melissa she's learned more from their conversation than she did in four years of high school and three of college, and that's not fair - she got cheated by being taught such a narrow view of the world.

There's something about Julie that really bugs me, though.  Didn't she wind up being a bit of a nutter after the show?  I think I'm having vague memories of those Real World/Road Rules challenges they used to do. 

Yes, she and Melissa became mortal enemies after the show and Julie pulled some shady shit on the challenges (like blatantly cheating and then calling herself a "good Christian girl" as if that was a get out of jail free card). I watched a couple episodes on Youtube too and it's harder for me to watch Julie on the season knowing what she turned out to be like. I remember watching this in real time and kind of admiring her for seeming so wide open to experiences and her enthusiasm, but it's hard to see her like that on rewatch.

Also, her crush on Matt was painful to watch, oof.

David acted outrageously ridiculous, but it definitely seemed like an act. I really liked him in the episode where they all confronted him and he cried about how he felt like he couldn't fail. That was the most real he was in the whole season. And he seemed to be a perfectly lovely person every time he appeared on a Challenge, so who knows what he was trying to do with that image on his RW season.

Kelley and Danny seemed like fun on RWNO.

Kelley was the obligatory person that season who started evading the cameras, and she was also in the relationship with Peter the local doctor for most of it. So she's mainly memorable from her season as Danny's gal pal. I guess she had a few other memorable scenes, like her fight with David when he insisted on rapping on their TV show. (Edit: Oh, no, not rapping. How could I forget? "Flowing"! The "Come on, be my baby tonight" song.) 

Until today, I hadn't seen those March photos of Kelley/Danny in Belgium (right before everything started to get...2020). It's nice to know they're still so close, 20 years after doing the show together. So often, the "friends forever" talk in Real World finales turns out to be fake. But look at these two, actually taking a vacation together. 

They still look good. He's changed more than she has.

I wasn't a huge fan of Kelley and Danny only because their friendship seemed to be mostly forged in admiring each other's appearances and feeling superior to the others. In those post-season books they used to do, there was a lot  of snide commentary, particularly from Kelley, about how ridiculous Melissa was for trying to have some kind of epiphany or get some meaning out of the experience and that Kelley purposely stayed out of the house and with Peter because she felt perfectly fine with herself and didn't feel like she had anything to learn or whatever. 

I just think that sucks when people try to make other people feel stupid for finding an experience meaningful and just sit on the sidelines to point and roll their eyes.

Also, I'm pretty sure Peter was in a serious relationship and Kelley just kinda swooped in and broke that up, so the whole love story was a bit tainted.

I just found a whole pile of those books when I cleaned out my closets recently, I'll have to see if this was one of them. Those were always super fun to read, lots of catty commentary and little behind the scenes nuggets.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Yes, she and Melissa became mortal enemies after the show and Julie pulled some shady shit on the challenges (like blatantly cheating and then calling herself a "good Christian girl" as if that was a get out of jail free card). I watched a couple episodes on Youtube too and it's harder for me to watch Julie on the season knowing what she turned out to be like. I remember watching this in real time and kind of admiring her for seeming so wide open to experiences and her enthusiasm, but it's hard to see her like that on rewatch.

I didn't predict that for her having watched it originally, but now re-watching it knowing that about her, I wasn't surprised; there are hints of a manipulative nature, and of falling back on the "but I'm just so young and innocent" excuse.  The finale ended with a clip of her being interviewed by Larry King about whether BYU was going to let her back, so maybe she got too big for her britches when her storyline got media attention.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Also, I'm pretty sure Peter was in a serious relationship and Kelley just kinda swooped in and broke that up, so the whole love story was a bit tainted.

She didn't break it up, he did; they met, were attracted to each other, spent time together, and then he either called or went to visit his girlfriend (they were long distance) and told her about Kelly and said he wanted them to be able to see other people, and she agreed.  At least, that's how it was presented on the show. 

Does anyone know what episode Melissa's chair-slamming "time the fuck out" fit was in?  Because I never came across it in my re-watch, but I dozed off a few times along the way.

• Love 1

Supposedly, after the show, Julie and her mom screwed Melissa over (or tried to) by calling places where Melissa was lined up to give speeches at and insisting they have Julie be there instead. And since most of those places were paying Melissa to show up...

I do feel bad that David for feeling out of place, but I never felt he tried to meet any of the others half way, besides Melissa, but they didn't get along from the start, so...

With regards to his image, like more than a few of the men on this franchise, he did seem to be using the MTV cameras and home to score extra hook-ups.

As for Melissa, insecure or not, she was definitely one of the funniest roommates we've ever had on this franchise.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

With regards to his image, like more than a few of the men on this franchise, he did seem to be using the MTV cameras and home to score extra hook-ups.

I guess it didn't work; in looking for info on what happened between Melissa and Julie, I came across a bunch of things about other New Orleans cast members, including a 2004 police report - David was arrested for solicitation (he paid $10 for oral sex).

This is around the same time Julie got served with a restraining order obtained by her former live-in boyfriend.

16 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Supposedly, after the show, Julie and her mom screwed Melissa over (or tried to) by calling places where Melissa was lined up to give speeches at and insisting they have Julie be there instead.

Yeah, I found a few things referencing shady shenanigans by Julie's mom as her agent. 

14 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I meant hooking up with women literally while he was filming the show lol 

I don't even understand how that helped some of these guys.  Even young and drunk, I would have been so much less likely to hook up with someone if it was in a home filled with people - hell, as the seasons went on, half the time there was someone else right there in the room - and cameras.  I can understand not caring, but I don't get finding the guys more appealing because of it. 

At least the roommates didn't make fun of the women; they were much more about rolling their eyes at David's ridiculous playa persona.

I loved in the unseen footage special when all the roommates were singing "Come On, Be My Baby Tonight" complete with imitating the facial expressions David makes when he sings. 

I also liked how Melissa had no patience for last-minute attempts at suddenly forging relationships that hadn't existed.  Peter's surfing trip coinciding with Kelly's final two weeks in the house meant Kelly suddenly wanted to spend time with Melissa, and Melissa was just like, "Why would I want to?  We're cordial, we're good, but that's just all we are."

And when she noped out halfway through the house meeting Jamie called to confront David about why he's a dismissive jerk to the rest of them, and Jamie came to her afterward to say David said some things later that he wishes she'd heard, Melissa asked, "Was one of those things 'I'm sorry'?"  Of course not.  David did finally let his guard down a bit in that meeting, and I'm glad those who did hear it got something from it, but I don't blame her for not caring to listen after all that time. 

• Love 1

I don't even understand how that helped some of these guys.  Even young and drunk, I would have been so much less likely to hook up with someone if it was in a home filled with people - hell, as the seasons went on, half the time there was someone else right there in the room - and cameras.  I can understand not caring, but I don't get finding the guys more appealing because of it. 

Never underestimate the power of the MTV cameras. Not just for this season, but many before as well. I'm sure there were many women who did pay attention to cast members being followed around by the cameras. Not to mention having the cameras probably helped them cut quite a few lines to get into bars and clubs.

I also liked how Melissa had no patience for last-minute attempts at suddenly forging relationships that hadn't existed.  Peter's surfing trip coinciding with Kelly's final two weeks in the house meant Kelly suddenly wanted to spend time with Melissa, and Melissa was just like, "Why would I want to?  We're cordial, we're good, but that's just all we are."

I liked both Melissa and Kelly, but was definitely on Melissa's side on this issue.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, Bastet said:

I didn't predict that for her having watched it originally, but now re-watching it knowing that about her, I wasn't surprised; there are hints of a manipulative nature, and of falling back on the "but I'm just so young and innocent" excuse.  The finale ended with a clip of her being interviewed by Larry King about whether BYU was going to let her back, so maybe she got too big for her britches when her storyline got media attention.

She didn't break it up, he did; they met, were attracted to each other, spent time together, and then he either called or went to visit his girlfriend (they were long distance) and told her about Kelly and said he wanted them to be able to see other people, and she agreed.  At least, that's how it was presented on the show. 

I think my perception of Kelley/Peter is colored by outside of the show commentary, like the books I just found. I can't recall the details, but I remember neither one of them coming off particularly great in the way they described the beginning of the relationship. I don't think the girlfriend was given as much notice or participation in the decision, it sounded more like she was last to know about an ongoing thing.

Another piece of the Julie story that came out later was that Kelley and Melissa were both being told things about the other that turned out maybe not to be true and once they talked, they realized those things came from Julie. She was playing them against each other and they didn't spend enough time together to realize what was true and what wasn't.

I liked both Melissa and Kelly, but was definitely on Melissa's side on this issue.

Yeah, Kelley was trying to executive produce a friendship at the end there and I couldn't blame Melissa for declining to be part of that. 

Never underestimate the power of the MTV cameras. Not just for this season, but many before as well. I'm sure there were many women who did pay attention to cast members being followed around by the cameras. Not to mention having the cameras probably helped them cut quite a few lines to get into bars and clubs.

I can understand people wanting to approach them in bars or even get back to the house, but I definitely don't understand wanting to be the nameless girl creeping out of the house in the morning or (in other seasons) getting yelled at by people who live there because you're the 15th girl who's been in that person's room that week and everyone is mad at that roommate, and it spills over to you.

Also, if you've watched ANY reality TV at all, you should realize that you're not going to portrayed well and the things said about you after you leave aren't going to be complimentary.

Does anyone know what episode Melissa's chair-slamming "time the fuck out" fit was in?  Because I never came across it in my re-watch, but I dozed off a few times along the way.

Not sure, but I think it was pretty early on in their job, so probably in the earlier part of the season.

I've been rewatching New Orleans on YouTube. This cast had such great chemistry it is super interesting that only Danny/Kelley keep in touch (not surprising 20 years later). I would love to see a homecoming season, but I doubt they would be able to get the whole cast back together. 

(edited)

I can understand people wanting to approach them in bars or even get back to the house, but I definitely don't understand wanting to be the nameless girl creeping out of the house in the morning or (in other seasons) getting yelled at by people who live there because you're the 15th girl who's been in that person's room that week and everyone is mad at that roommate, and it spills over to you.

Also, if you've watched ANY reality TV at all, you should realize that you're not going to portrayed well and the things said about you after you leave aren't going to be complimentary.

For some people it might have been worth it, I guess.

Things were a bit different back then...most of the overnight guests weren't really shown unless they had some form of interaction with the rest of the housemates that the producers found interesting. Or if the roommates gave the person bringing the guests over some attitude (I think Kameela did that to Cyrus in Boston, for example).

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I would pay good money to see Melissa and Julie in the house together! It would be a massacre! 

Me too. I would actually be interested to see how Julie is doing now. I couldn't stand her on The Challenge, but I remember she wrote an entry on her website in 2004 about being a Mormon Democrat. It would be interesting to see what lessons she learned from her Real World experience. 

• Love 1

I was listening to an interview Danny did on a podcast. I found it interesting that he said Matt became religious when he went off to college. I had thought Matt was raised in a religious home so I found that interesting.

• Love 1

I had been neglecting this thread. Thanks to a tip from one of our forum posters here, I just listened to a 2020 Danny interview. His life has been anything but boring in the last 20 years. He's funny and perceptive, but there's been a lot of rough stuff I didn't know about, like a serious stalker in the '00s. Also, the famous relationship with Paul really deteriorated and became dysfunctional and he stayed in it for too long. 

On a lighter note, he ran into Melissa at a club in NYC long after their season. They were both very drunk, they were hugging and catching up, and she threw up on his shoes. Always a lightweight, that one. 

On 4/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Kelley and Danny only because their friendship seemed to be mostly forged in admiring each other's appearances and feeling superior to the others. In those post-season books they used to do, there was a lot  of snide commentary, particularly from Kelley, about how ridiculous Melissa was for trying to have some kind of epiphany or get some meaning out of the experience

Eh. I didn't really see them that way. I mean, if I wanted to float a cynical take on Melissa's friendship with Jamie, I could say it was mostly about her thinking he was so beautiful that she wanted to gaze at and touch him (she talked about Jamie's looks about a thousand times more than Danny or Kelley mentioned each other's looks), and Jamie's getting off on soaking up the adoration. But I don't really think that about them, even though there may be a kernel of truth in it. I think they meshed well and had good times. When you get down to it, that's what most friendships are built on. Obviously, the D/K one has stood the test of time better than most. 

Danny and Kelley were definitely at the prettier end of the scale for that cast, but something I think a lot of people missed is that they were both also kind of anxious. I saw it a lot in her. He masked better, but he's open about his struggles now.  

On 5/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Another piece of the Julie story that came out later was that Kelley and Melissa were both being told things about the other that turned out maybe not to be true and once they talked, they realized those things came from Julie. She was playing them against each other and they didn't spend enough time together to realize what was true and what wasn't.

Oh, yes. Melissa and Kelley both said that. There was a lot of evidence that Julie was a major instigator. I was never a fan, even early in her Real World run (just never thought she seemed genuine), but the attention made her worse and worse. Maybe she's grown a lot. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I had been neglecting this thread. Thanks to a tip from one of our forum posters here, I just listened to a 2020 Danny interview. His life has been anything but boring in the last 20 years. He's funny and perceptive, but there's been a lot of rough stuff I didn't know about, like a serious stalker in the '00s. Also, the famous relationship with Paul really deteriorated and became dysfunctional and he stayed in it for too long. 

On a lighter note, he ran into Melissa at a club in NYC long after their season. They were both very drunk, they were hugging and catching up, and she threw up on his shoes. Always a lightweight, that one. 

Eh. I didn't really see them that way. I mean, if I wanted to float a cynical take on Melissa's friendship with Jamie, I could say it was mostly about her thinking he was so beautiful that she wanted to gaze at and touch him (she talked about Jamie's looks about a thousand times more than Danny or Kelley mentioned each other's looks), and Jamie's getting off on soaking up the adoration. But I don't really think that about them, even though there may be a kernel of truth in it. I think they meshed well and had good times. When you get down to it, that's what most friendships are built on. Obviously, the D/K one has stood the test of time better than most. 

Danny and Kelley were definitely at the prettier end of the scale for that cast, but something I think a lot of people missed is that they were both also kind of anxious. I saw it a lot in her. He masked better, but he's open about his struggles now.  

Oh, yes. Melissa and Kelley both said that. There was a lot of evidence that Julie was a major instigator. I was never a fan, even early in her Real World run (just never thought she seemed genuine), but the attention made her worse and worse. Maybe she's grown a lot. 

Danny's been telling the Melissa for a couple years now. The first time he did it she wrote about it on the patreon blog and was not happy he randomly brought it up.  According to her, she was not feeling well that day and threw up on Danny's shoes and it was right around the time she moved to Long Island not in the last couple years like he made it seem like in the 2018 interview.  She did write that they reconnected recently doing after they both did interviews with Kate Casey and did a zoom chat together with David.

I'm sure the truth is down the middle. I love Danny, but he is a gossip. We all remember the Watch What Happens Live interview he did.

1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

I love Danny, but he is a gossip. We all remember the Watch What Happens Live interview he did.

I've only seen a couple of episodes, and his wasn't one of them.  If it's quick to write up, can you share what he gossiped about?

Just now, Bastet said:

I've only seen a couple of episodes, and his wasn't one of them.  If it's quick to write up, can you share what he gossiped about?

Sure this is the clip https://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-10/episode-49/videos/dannys-shocking-hookup

Andy had a bunch of real world people on and a caller asked who they had hooked up with on a Challenge and Danny said "I can't say because he is straight and married now." It's not in the clip, but he said he got an angry phone call from Trishelle about it years afterwards since Trishelle was dating this guy. After the show Trishelle tweeted it wasn't Steven. Everyone guessed it was Adam Larson. On the Hot takes and deep dives podcast Danny was asked and said the guesses were correct and the guy was on Road Rules. He also added the person was very angry that Danny talked about it in a public forum. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Sure this is the clip https://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-10/episode-49/videos/dannys-shocking-hookup

Andy had a bunch of real world people on and a caller asked who they had hooked up with on a Challenge and Danny said "I can't say because he is straight and married now." It's not in the clip, but he said he got an angry phone call from Trishelle about it years afterwards since Trishelle was dating this guy. After the show Trishelle tweeted it wasn't Steven. Everyone guessed it was Adam Larson. On the Hot takes and deep dives podcast Danny was asked and said the guesses were correct and the guy was on Road Rules. He also added the person was very angry that Danny talked about it in a public forum. 

Kinda sad they threw Tonya under the bus. I mean Paula cheated on her boyfriend on a challenge and then cried about it on the aftershow. 

On 5/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, choclatechip45 said:

I've been rewatching New Orleans on YouTube. This cast had such great chemistry it is super interesting that only Danny/Kelley keep in touch (not surprising 20 years later). I would love to see a homecoming season, but I doubt they would be able to get the whole cast back together. 

RW:NO is next up in Homecoming series!

I'd seen people make reference to New Orleans over the in RW: Homecoming LA thread, everyone is looking forward to the end of this uncomfortable installment and onto a more fun one, cue New Orleans!

So I googled and per Reality Blurred, they're skipping straight to New Orleans and ALL cast members are returning. I'm really looking forward to this one, I have faith that most of them have grown into actual adults who can handle the experience, unlike several of the LA cast members. 

I'm especially curious to see where Julie's landed (mentally) after all these years and how the reunion between her and Melissa goes down. All of David's subsequent TV appearances have shown him to be an entirely different person than he was in the house, so I don't expect him to resume his role as house agitator. I expect Kelley to be as tightly controlled as ever, maybe moreso now that she's a mom. From Matt, I'd like to hear some talk about his portrayal on the challenges, which I always felt were probably a bit exaggerated/unfair from an editing perspective. I don't doubt that he talked about his faith or his causes, but the editing made it seem like he was preaching fire and brimstone to his heathen castmates every day and I just don't really believe that.

2 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm curious about Julie since I remember on her website in the mid 2000s she would talk about being a Mormon Democrat. 

I know Kelly is a life coach now. 

I'm definitely more interested in this homecoming than LA which I haven't even watched yet. 

LOL, most life coaches I've ever known have the most effed up personal lives ever, so my general view of the profession is dim. However, I can TOTALLY see Kelley in that type of role. She always had that vibe of your organized, bossy friend who gives you extremely firm advice about your problems and won't let you wallow even if you want to. It could be annoying in the moment, but was frequently helpful in the long run, so I could see her being good at this type of thing. 

I looked her up on Instagram, she seems to look exactly the same and has written a book in the life coaching vein.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

LOL, most life coaches I've ever known have the most effed up personal lives ever, so my general view of the profession is dim. However, I can TOTALLY see Kelley in that type of role. She always had that vibe of your organized, bossy friend who gives you extremely firm advice about your problems and won't let you wallow even if you want to. It could be annoying in the moment, but was frequently helpful in the long run, so I could see her being good at this type of thing. 

I looked her up on Instagram, she seems to look exactly the same and has written a book in the life coaching vein.

Yeah when I first heard she was a life coach my first reaction was that is kind of perfect for her. 

Definitely interested in how this cast interacts since besides Danny/Kelly I don't think most of them have kept in consistent contact.