Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/13/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I never watched any of the shows last week, but enjoyed the message board. Today, I decided to walk on the treadmill and catch up with the episode where Rosie P said her long goodbye. That was the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen. That was the weeping of someone who has been fired and my second hand embarrassment for her was strong. All I could think was, "Fuck exercise. I need some damn funeral potatoes."

• Love 11

Nicolle today said she and her son have already seen the new Minions movie like, hundreds of times.   (345 times, I think she said) 

The movie is out at the theaters - it's not on DVD.  

Honest to pete, I'm still recovered, lol, but I thought Nicolle was referring to Despicable Me, I could be wrong though.

• Love 1

That would be what happened, along with tears and hand holding.

Plus, it seems, an opportunity for all to make some money on endorsements.

I think the big whoop dug herself in so deep last week that her fixers (and ABC’s) were desperate for any kind of out.  Enter the dead brother.

• Love 5
(edited)

Stop it with the "right"s, Whoopi. So annoying. And your statement, "information points to guilt" - too little, too late. And some of the women didn't wait. They told their story and weren't believed. 

I'm so sick of this Whoopi rehab crap. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10

What choice did she have, at this point? She was proven wrong, but who knows how she really thinks in private?

we know how she thinks.... I seriously doubt she has changed her mind...... she has not received any new information ..... she felt her job was in jeopardy or maybe she knew it was in jeopardy..... lets all remember.... she is an actress..... and not a great one

• Love 12

Wtf was that? Whoopi feigning some kind of ignorance and now thinks Bill Cosby is looking guilty? She seemed so fake about her newfound revelation. Total damage control on her part and for The View. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during the talking to Whoopi must have had!

• Love 18

My take on the Abrams talk was that the show got so much negative feedback regarding Whoopie that they had to spin it into a huge misunderstanding. Of course she wasn't defending a rapist, you silly, silly people! She just misunderstood the situation! But now we've fixed that! Now you like us again! Right viewers?

• Love 22

I just realized something about Whoopi....

First.... I dont believe her.... I dont believe she didnt know.... I dont believe she changed her mind

But what I really realized..... I dont care...... so dont bother tweeting me Whoopi..... I wont believe you anyway

If you were a better actress maybe you would be believable.

• Love 14

A sit-down with Dan Abrams?  And now she suddenly gets that is was, in fact rape rape and not just rape?  OMG.  You couldn't make this shit up, people.  This is balls to the wall craziness now.   I can't even watch this first hand, it will make me too nuts, I will just stick to reading the play-by-play here.

• Love 12

Just to play devil's advocate..... lets suspend reality for a moment and pretend that Whoopi didnt know/understand the Statute of Limitations.

Obviously your "fans" are much more informed than you are Whoopi... so maybe if you did care about what they have to say.... you would be more informed and you would stop looking like a "bonehead"

• Love 9
(edited)

Give me a fucking break, Whoopi!  "There's more out there now that we didn't know. Now we do."  Hello?!?

We knew. Everybody knew.

People tried to tell YOU, dumbass!

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 18

The first topic was about Trump (of course) and they brought up the murder of that woman in San Fransisco.
First off it was a terrible event....... tragic that she was killed.  What is a complete shame is how the Right wingers are using her death as a political football..... there was no outrage before Trump made his statements..... she is not the first victim of an undocumented criminal..... but she was the most convenient one after Trump made his ignorant comments.

A person murdered is no more tragic depending on the immigration status of the murderer

• Love 11

From what I have heard about the Iran agreement..... there is so much misinformation
First Raven..... America is the only country to have used nuclear weapons.... and when we did the whole world was not damaged
Nicholle said Iran wants to destroy Israel with nukes.... people keep ignoring that Israel has nukes of their own.... it is my personal belief that Israel will be the next country to use their nukes.

Bangs said that America is going to give them 100s of millions of dollars.... which is false as well.... what is supposed to happen is the sanctions against Iran will come to an end... we are not giving them any money

Im sure there are other wrongheaded comments but those were some highlights

• Love 10

I noticed how quickly she jumped on Dan Abrams' statement that the court of public opinion was impacting him by pulling all his shows.  The Whoopster's reaction:  What about all the other actors?  She couldn't help herself because that's how she thinks.  (This could impact ME!!!)

• Love 8

Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. 

Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right.

Now she's an advocate for women who have been raped. Right.

• Love 22

Whoopi Goldberg is conveniently ignorant and a bald faced liar. #Fire Whoopi

Mediaite's already posted about the act Whoopi put on today -

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/whoopi-changes-tune-signs-point-to-bill-cosby-being-guilty/

Wow. The comments over there are BRUTAL. My favorite:

What's sad is that a man had to mansplain to her readily available and easily understandable information for her to "see the light" as opposed to at least giving the accusers — women, THIRTY FIVE-PLUS WOMEN — at least a reasonable hearing. As a MAN, I find that effed up!
  • Love 12

I just realized something about Whoopi....

First.... I dont believe her.... I dont believe she didnt know.... I dont believe she changed her mind

But what I really realized..... I dont care...... so dont bother tweeting me Whoopi..... I wont believe you anyway

If you were a better actress maybe you would be believable.

Right.  i can't wait to get home and see it on DVR! 

Maybe if whoopi had stopped yelling at us to BACK OFF cause she DON"T CARE, she could have actually done some reading online, where several people have written some very good pieces on the whole Cosby mess.  

The reason she has changed her stance (not her mind, just her public opinion)  is that she has been skewered, not by The View audience, but by an overwhelming number of people in show business.  

• Love 5

Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. 

Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right. Right.

Now she's an advocate for women who have been raped. Right.

Oh look, a transcript  :) 

• Love 18

Something that struck me - jim Gaffigan, when he was on the show, greeted all the hosts, but did not do the expected over-enthsiastic long hug of adoration that most comics and actors do with Whoopi.   I can't give examples, but it seems that for the longest time, actors and comics come on, and they are excited and thrilled, and so enamored of Whoopi, that their greeting of the other hosts doesn't come close to the affection and adulation  they give the whoopster.  

Gaffigan was an exception.   I don't know it it's him, personally, or indicative of the tide turning against her.  It was just something I noticed as being different. 

• Love 6

onthebrink -  that's brilliant, right on the money.  

Whoopi was wrong, everyone else was right, and now she wants to explain to us what everyone has been telling her, but she's chosen to ignore, for many months.  

whoopi - You're a bonehead. 

• Love 13

I have wondered what Raven really thinks about the Cosby situation. But, after watching her for awhile, she's so robotic and strange I suspect she doesn't think about it at all.

AFAIK, the last thing she said was that she felt uncomfortable saying anything because Cosby was the reason she is on the View.

She also has/had residual checks to think about.

• Love 4

Something that struck me - jim Gaffigan, when he was on the show, greeted all the hosts, but did not do the expected over-enthsiastic long hug of adoration that most comics and actors do with Whoopi.   I can't give examples, but it seems that for the longest time, actors and comics come on, and they are excited and thrilled, and so enamored of Whoopi, that their greeting of the other hosts doesn't come close to the affection and adulation  they give the whoopster.  

Gaffigan was an exception.   I don't know it it's him, personally, or indicative of the tide turning against her.  It was just something I noticed as being different. 

I noticed that too!  He actually buzzed right by her & kissed/hugged the other women.  LOL.  Good for him.

• Love 3

Wow. I can't believe what I just saw. I feel bad for Dan Abrams. I'm 50/50 on him but it must of sucked to participate in this skit. Yes Whoopi, skit! Can you imagine having to "guide" that witch through the "legalities". Did they even say what the subject was at the beginning? Nope. Everyone could see the elephant in the room. The fact Whoopi kept repeating Dans talking points to a rehearsed scripted discussion. Bad acting today Whoopi. She must think we are all idiots. Nice try ABC News. Too little too late.

• Love 10

That's funny, Mediaite is Dan Abram's website.

Just in time for the Judd Apatow appearance on Thursday.

That was my first thought... after outrage of course..... After Whoopi change her public stance on Cosby.... I wondered how it would effect Judd Apatow's comments on Thursday.... maybe it wont be mentioned at all now.... firestorm averted.

• Love 6

I noticed how quickly she jumped on Dan Abrams' statement that the court of public opinion was impacting him by pulling all his shows.  The Whoopster's reaction:  What about all the other actors?  She couldn't help herself because that's how she thinks.  (This could impact ME!!!)

How slow am I???  It IS impacting Raven & probably that's why she on The View.  (Just like The Whoopster, no other way to make a living!!)

• Love 1

RogerFromOhio said:

From what I have heard about the Iran agreement..... there is so much misinformation

First Raven..... America is the only country to have used nuclear weapons.... and when we did the whole world was not damaged

Nicholle said Iran wants to destroy Israel with nukes.... people keep ignoring that Israel has nukes of their own.... it is my personal belief that Israel will be the next country to use their nukes.

Bangs said that America is going to give them 100s of millions of dollars.... which is false as well.... what is supposed to happen is the sanctions against Iran will come to an end... we are not giving them any money

Im sure there are other wrongheaded comments but those were some highlights

Roger, you are so right on all of these comments. These women should not even discuss a matter this serious, because obviously they do no research and give out misinformation. And then that idiot Nicolle said to the other ladies that what they were saying was so succinct that they should be the ones in Congress debating this. My head was exploding during this discussion.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hey Whoopi Law & Order SVU has been on for 100 years.  Everyone knows about the statute of limitations on rape.  

ABC News wrangled Dan Abrams to participate and slowly explain something RO  and others told her SEVEN MONTHS ago, on that same stage.  Puhlease.   I know this show has never really had any respect for it's audience but honestly how dumb do they think we are?  After a dramatic pause she turns to the audience to announce that IF this is going to be tried in the court of public opinion to then all signs kind of point to gulity - then turns to the audience and waits for the smattering of applause. 

Now Whoopi doesn't think you can judge victims for when they come forward?  That's the exact opposite of what she's said repeatedly on this show.

Abrams should explain it was the Associated Press that got Cosby's deposition released.  

Oh, and look , if you missed it Abrams features it on his website.  How convienient. 

I then FF to the end where Whoopi closed the show thanking the viewers for "really digging us."   Blech. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 16

I second that emotion, Nextiteration..Your post is perfect Givemespace... Whoopie brought this on herself......Her arrogance is bringing her down, Pride goes before the fall.....I had such high hopes for this show back in September 2014 with the addition of the Rosies and Nicole and it all went to hell because of Whoopie's ego and the constant need to be the center of attention...

• Love 13

This was a very good preemptive strike.  Apatow is not a lightweight and he does not give a damn about Whoopi Goldberg.  If they didn't de-escalate her stance and volume, it would surely become ugly during his appearance.  As much as we all love a good blow-up (or verbal beat-down), again, it's the subject matter.  It's not about freaking out or defending government or politics, it's pathological rape and damage to countless girls and women.  And it's Disney.  Stay in your lane Whoopi….

• Love 12