Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

First of all, how effing predictable that he went to the "your just a Stemily shipper bullying my wife" root, when A. Not once did the person he attacked mention Emily,Stemily or even attack his wife, in fact she seemed to go to great pains to be respectful of his wife and keep her criticism solely to his obtuse comments about the mosque  and B. Is his accusations even accurate? 

And while I can see some merit in what he's saying about political correctness and all that jazz the issue- for me at least- is that he posting something that was perceived as culturally insensitive and then responded to some one who politely criticised him by being an absolute asshole! He was nasty and mean and he absolutely didn't have to be. There is no excusing that no matter how many condescending thousand violin videos he posts. I stand by my opinion that he's nothing but an entitled man baby  that I'm happy to write off. I'll continue to support the show and Olicity/Oliver Queen but I won't be sad if he disappears after Arrow finishes.  Personally I don't know how anyone could pat him on the back for his behaviour. Especially since it's not an isolated incident but a pattern at this point. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

First of all, how effing predictable that he went to the "your just a Stemily shipper bullying my wife" root, when A. Not once did the person he attacked mention Emily,Stemily or even attack his wife, in fact she seemed to go to great pains to be respectful of his wife and keep her criticism solely to his obtuse comments about the mosque  and B. Is his accusations even accurate? 

I only ever look on his Facebook when he does something stupid, but I'm going to assume he probably notices patterns from certain posters. But if you're sick of someone's shitty commentary about your family and life, by all means go off on them (or block them, which would be the better option IMO) - but maybe do it on a post where they're actually doing those things that you're accusing them of instead of on a generally polite comment about why something you posted could be offensive. If you do the former, you look justified, and lots of people will be on your side! If you do the latter and then double down on it, you just look like an asshole.

• Love 16
(edited)

L.A. Times interview with Liz Hannah, who organized the female showrunners panel that Beth Schwartz will be participating in next Wednesday...

Female writers' showcase is answer to predominantly male writers' forum
By YVONNE VILLARREAL    JUN 07, 2018 
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-liz-hannah-variety-20180607-htmlstory.html

Female showrunners and writers of TV series such as “One Day at a Time,” “black-ish” and “Grey’s Anatomy” will gather Wednesday to discuss their craft at a confab instigated on social media following the backlash surrounding an industry showcase of TV writers with only one female participant.

The event is being organized by screenwriter Liz Hannah (“The Post”), who reached out for female writers on Twitter after learning that Gemma Baker, the co-creator of CBS’ “Mom,” was the only female in a lineup of 12 TV writers featured in “A Night in the Writers’ Room,” back-to-back panels put on by Hollywood trade magazine Variety.
But the pushback was already underway. In less than 24 hours, Hannah had received enough responses to make up two separate panels. Both will take place Wednesday at Twitter’s Los Angeles office.
Among the participants in the panel are Veena Sud (“Seven Seconds”), Gloria Calderon Kellett (“One Day at a Time”), Aida Croal (“Jessica Jones”), Alex Cunningham (“Dirty John,” “Chance”), Alison Schapker (“Scandal”), Amy Berg (“Counterpart”), Beth Schwartz (“Arrow”), Corey Nickerson (“black-ish”), Dee Harris-Lawrence (“Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G.”), Gabrielle Stanton (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Keto Shimizu (“Arrow”), Laeta Kalogridis (“Altered Carbon”), Lauren Hissrich (“The Defenders”), Lauren Iungerich (“On My Block”), Moira Walley-Beckett (“Breaking Bad”), Monica Breen (“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”), Samantha Corbin-Miller (“Conviction”), Sarah Watson (“The Bold Type”), and Sera Gamble (“The Magicians”).
What prompted you to take action?
I think like everybody else, I saw the invite [Tuesday] morning on Twitter. I'm not a showrunner so it wasn't really that I had a dog in the fight for myself. I just felt like if you're calling something “A Night in a Writer's Room,” it should be balanced, it should be diverse, with as many voices as possible. I think for the past few months, we, as women, have been very fortunate to have our voices be very loud and be talking in unison, so I just felt very frustrated to feel like it was all for naught .

Frankly, I just posted it on Twitter to see what would happen. If people would feel the need to come together and talk or wanted to come together and talk. I definitely did not expect it to take off as quickly as it did.

Were you expecting anything to materialize from this?
No and yes. I know a lot of female writers, I know a lot of female showrunners so I was expecting, at the very least, to have the friends that I know come together and maybe sit in a cool bar and have people listen to us. I definitely didn't expect the outpouring of response to not only Variety's event but to the want for another event that was showcasing just women. It was really ... I can't use the word “inspired” enough, and I really can't take any credit for it because it has been the power of women and of the power of so many incredible female showrunners who have reached out to me personally or through friends or, honestly, through Twitter, which has been absolutely incredible — of being like, “Yeah, I'm down. Tell me where and when.” Then giving me a list of all the other people they know and who they think would want in. And then reaching out to those people.

Twitter was obviously the starting point of it all, and so they immediately reached out to me along with many other organizations that reached out to say we'd love to host you. Since this all started on Twitter, it felt very apropos for us to do it there and to also live stream it as lively and as publicly as possible because we want as many people to learn from these women as they can.
What do you think this problem illustrates? Is it that the net isn’t cast wide enough? Too much emphasis on celebrity names?
I think there is a number of things. Look, I've also been on panels before where I didn't know who was on it with me. I think it is a lesson in making sure to ask. Making sure to ask what are the number of women. What are the number of people of color on this list to make sure that it is a diverse group of people. I don't know how it happens. I definitely put one together in the last 24 hours. So I can say it's a daunting task, but I will say it wasn't hard to get 15 women to say yes.

I definitely think no one ever wants to be in a situation like this. I just think it is unfortunate that it got to the point that it did, but I'm happy that it's now not only being addressed, but I'm really excited that we're able to have all these amazing women come together. I've been asked to do it in New York, and I was like, I'm gonna do one, guys. We'll see how the first one goes.

Talk about why visibility on these panels is important.
It's important for young people starting out. For people in the industry to see that there's not just one way to do something. To see that you can be represented in whatever your chosen field is.

Being able to put together 15 women who are going to talk about their various experiences, of how they started, where they came from, and how they got to where they are can show any number of little girls and little boys out there in the world who want to do this “Oh, OK, they did it. I can do it.”

Anecdotally, it seems like we’re in this golden age of women behind the scenes — showrunners, TV writers, directors. But the industry is still very male-dominated. And we hear about what the industry can be doing differently, but, given this situation, how can media be more intentional about inclusion?
Representation. If you don't see it, you don't know that it's happening.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Every time he says this I wish someone would tell him: No one ships you with Emily dude. We want better things for her in life! 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Every time he says this I wish someone would tell him: No one ships you with Emily dude. We want better things for her in life! 

Lol, to be fair, that's not true. There are crazies out there.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He's approaching 40, sports obsessed, frat boy type who actually loves WWE in a non ironic mocking way. 

Shes a 20 something beautiful bohemian type who enjoys an active social life and seems quite content in her choices. 

They are in two very different stages of life and complete opposites, and while I enjoy how close they are because it adds to how well their chemistry on screen comes off, I agree- Emily can  (and probably has done) do better! 

• Love 12
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

LOL! I personally think he and his wife seem perfectly suited for each other. 

I continue to marvel at his ability to make things so much worse. You do not have to respond to everything on SM, dude. He took time out of his vacation to do that? Also hard not to compare this to what happened with the Star Wars actress who literally did nothing but exist.

ETA: Why even bring up cons? Where people pay you to interact with them? Congrats for knowing how to behave at work. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Here is his comments for those who can’t handle his defensive, victimized tone. Oof, this is a PR masterclass in how NOT to respond to a social media crisis. 

Whoa, I tried to watch the video, but that sucker is long and I got bored before he even got to this. But then I also fidn't get through the transcript because my eyes glazed over after the first four paragraph. Dude, you are on a literal trip around the world. How do you spend so much energy on this

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I’m going to continue to post on social media and I’m going to continue to make jokes.  And I’m going to continue to try to not take the world so fucking seriously.  Because really in the grand scheme of things what’s the big deal

Does he truly know how dangerous his words are? Does he know that when you offend someone in their own home that it is YOUR DUTY to apologize. Before that fan even wrote those comments on his page, there were a large number of ppl (all the top comments) of Turkish descent who were abhorred that he would make such a crass statement. And DUDE what isn't offensive to you CAN offend someone else. 

Does he understand that he is putting out an image that shows that he is not willing to learn or to improve himself. It does not matter if you're intentions are good, or if the people that pay money to meet you know who you truly are, what matters is that if droves of fans tell you that your caption offended them that you need to listen. And also, you chose this opportunity to "CLAP BACK" at a fan who has a history of harassing your wife...you mean to tell me you couldn't address this whole time or block them off your page but used this opportunity to teach them a lesson.

Let's not even shed light on the fact that it was cowardly move for him to use his wife's account to clap back at the fan. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Whoa, I tried to watch the video, but that sucker is long and I got bored before he even got to this. But then I also fidn't get through the transcript because my eyes glazed over after the first four paragraph. Dude, you are on a literal trip around the world. How do you spend so much energy on this

He's probably sitting around seething about this.

The funny thing is I think he wants to portray the image that he doesn't care about the nasty haters who are overly sensitive and don't get his jokes or appreciate that he's the bestest, but because he is soooo above all of this, he's totally out there being rich and living his awesome life, suck on that you losers.

Only he ruins it all by making long winded videos to rant about how much he doesn't care lol! I feel really bad for the fans who feel let down by him but his behaviour is as ridiculous as it is horrible! 

• Love 12

I haven't like Amell for 3 years, when his microaggressions started to show themselves. so I'm not upset over his comments because I do not expect better from him. I just wish he'd leave social media alone for the remainder of Arrow, because while I am good at separating actor/character, he makes it harder.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I haven't like Amell for 3 years, when his microaggressions started to show themselves. so I'm not upset over his comments because I do not expect better from him. I just wish he'd leave social media alone for the remainder of Arrow, because while I am good at separating actor/character, he makes it harder.

People seem really mad at him this time. You've been around for the previous scandals. How does this compare? Did he blatantly call someone names in the past or is he nastier this time?

I remember last year he had a hissy fit about his weight but I don't think he's ever outright mocked anyone before or acted this nasty. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

People seem really mad at him this time. You've been around for the previous scandals. How does this compare? Did he blatantly call someone names in the past or is he nastier this time?

I remember last year he had a hissy fit about his weight but I don't think he's ever outright mocked anyone before or acted this nasty. 

IMO, this isn't worse than other stuff he's done. He's always acted like a big baby, never taking accountability over his actions. I think that people are simply getting fed up, there is only so much shit you can take. This is not the first time he's insulted a fan on fb, and it won't be the last. Amell knows that he has just enough diehards to survive this. During season 1 and most of 2 (back when I genuinely like him) he was putting on an act and gaining a following, once he had that following he dropped the act. I simply didn't care for the real person, but I will give it to him, the fake SA was some of the best acting he's ever done lol.

• Love 11

I think the reason that this is the line for me is that the four big public blowups he's had have had a a racial/cultural element (Texas, beefing with Whoopi, Beyonce, and this).  There's the initial argument, but then instead of apologizing he gets into it further, and the people he gets into it with are always people of color.  The Whoopi one could possibly be excluded, but honestly he should have learned this lesson after Texas. I don't think he's consciously racist, but he clearly doesn't think about how others might feel--particularly people who are not white males--and after four blowups it's starting to look willfully ignorant. I was willing to give him some latitude on Texas because by the end he seemed to acknowledge that he was wrong and had things to learn, but clearly I was wrong. Learn this fucking lesson, dude.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I honestly don’t remember him ever coming out and directly saying, you’re an idiot, up until now. He’s been snippy and has put people down, and God knows he just can’t let anything go, especially when he’s the one to fuck up. So that part was what truly shocked me here. Crass jokes and getting defensive are par for the course with him, but this feels like a new development to me.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I honestly don’t remember him ever coming out and directly saying, you’re an idiot, up until now. He’s been snippy and has put people down, and God knows he just can’t let anything go, especially when he’s the one to fuck up. So that part was what truly shocked me here. Crass jokes and getting defensive are par for the course with him, but this feels like a new development to me.

I think what makes things a little worse here is that it seems like maybe this person has been posting nasty things about his wife and his life for a while now, and none of those comments ever warranted a response from him (that I know of - I assume it would've been circulated and he would've blocked them if so?). Those things didn't tip him over the edge, but some bland criticism about cultural/religious sensitivity did. And he doesn't say his response was specifically for this person for their past behavior, but that anyone who can't take a joke (or always identify a joke) is an idiot. I don't think it's inherently wrong for him to get a little prickly over criticism when he knew his intent, but it wasn't just nasty fandom members who hang out in his comment sections who had negative reactions when he posted that picture - there were lots of Turkish people as well. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

IMO, this isn't worse than other stuff he's done. He's always acted like a big baby, never taking accountability over his actions. I think that people are simply getting fed up, there is only so much shit you can take.

Yeah, I think it's this. I saw more anger when he was telling women to relax when they were getting harassed on his FB page (and then hypocritically NOT relaxing and making a big deal out of people commenting #RIPOliverQueen on his page). But with the Beyonce fiasco and then this, I think it's more exasperation and exhaustion than anger. Which frankly, might be worse for him. The furor of his previous meltdowns died down pretty quickly, but I think people are becoming really sick of his constant pattern of screwing up, double downing on it instead of apologizing, and then playing the victim. Apathy from his most vocal fans is a killer.

I've met him at cons and he's right -- he's incredibly charming and attentive. I was also VERY aware that the entire interaction was transactional (from the wad of cash you hand his assistant just before your 2-minute autograph session, to the fact that when you do photo ops you're very aware that the 4 seconds he's paying attention to you cost you approx $100). It's true he's very nice at cons (and presumably the NP parties). But frankly, I assume the vast majority of celebs are very nice to the people who are paying to meet them.  It's the interactions outside of cons that are more telling.

• Love 21
(edited)

I find the whole thing about SA  ridiculous. He’s an actor with a big ego and married to a Texan with one as well. (I’m a Texan so I can say that ;) ) However, I don’t care about his blow ups and his stupidity on SM. I want a decent show. That’s all I really care about.

I have never and would never give any money to go see an actor and then have to pay for an autograph or picture. I can guarantee you that if I saw him on the street I wouldn’t even acknowledge him because I wouldn’t want to stroke his ego even more. He makes too much money for him to put on a show of civility only when he knows someone is paying for it. (If this is true.) But, SA needs to take a class or something to learn when to stop.

Apparently though the stupidity of The Green Arrow is rubbing off on him. GA never learns and neither does he. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
Left off a (
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

Here's a (somewhat snarky) twitter summation of his FB video (which I refuse to watch on principle :P)

There's an in using that tweet -- the worst social media hissy fit I ever read was Dan Levy getting upset about something an established TV reviewer (John Doyle) said about him in The Great Canadian Bake Off.  Even his mother got in on the act.  (The TV reviewer meanwhile just stayed out of it.)

• Love 2

What I want to know is that if that fan has a history of trash talking his wife then why not call them out on any of their previous posts.  If he thought he was on the moral high ground and justified in “clapping back”, then why did he hide behind his wife’s FB page to do so when he could just post from his own page.  

If you can’t take it back, don’t dish it out in the first place.

Do you think he sees the irony in this statement? The initial Instagram post may have been the starting point but I think it really snowballed out of control when he “dished it out” by calling someone an idiot and now he doesn’t seem to be enjoying the push back he’s getting.  

If you’re unhappy with the content of somebody you follow, unfollow them.  

I think this is the best advice he gave in the whole video. I was following his SM but had gradually started to turn off notifications or mute but I’ve now unfollowed. I don’t usually have a problem separating character from actor, but he’s making it difficult at the moment so I think knowing a minimal amount about him personally is the best option for watching the show. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, kes0704 said:

What I want to know is that if that fan has a history of trash talking his wife then why not call them out on any of their previous posts.  If he thought he was on the moral high ground and justified in “clapping back”, then why did he hide behind his wife’s FB page to do so when he could just post from his own page.  

Yep he used his wife's account instead of his own to attack that fan, dragging her into it, and then promptly deleted what he posted and he's telling everyone he didn't do anything wrong? If he's comfortable in his choice he would have used his own account, left it up there and not made the war and peace of "I'm so in right" rant videos. I think he probably was aware that he took it to far but his gigantic ego rsimply refuses to say "I'm sorry" and move on. He just needs to keep doubling down and doubling down and playing victim so all his blind worshipers - usually white males- in the comment section can stroke his ego and tell him what a great guy he is who does nothing wrong. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Trisha said:

Last thing I did notice when I came back on there was a little bit of controversy maybe because my wife and I took a photo in front of the Blue Mosque amd I  made a joke about what was behind me but then saying that my wife was stunning. First of all,  everybody relax. People are allowed to make jokes. Last thing I did notice when I came back on there was a little bit of controversy maybe because my wife and I took a photo in front of the Blue Mosque amd I  made a joke about what was behind me but then saying that my wife was stunning. First of all,  everybody relax. People are allowed to make jokes. They don’t have to apologize.  Now if you’re going to get holier than thou about it and ascertain based off a joke that you didn’t get in the first place  that I am somehow denigrating somebody else’s culture, you’re an idiot.

Oh boy! There is just so many things wrong with this that I don’t even have the energy to explain. 

Honestly, he makes shipping Olicity so hard sometimes. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think it's clueless and inappropriate especially in this climate but kinda ultimately benignly clueless originally. Yes he should have known better and to apologise when people got offended and moved on and realised that would probably be mote appropriate outside something like the Eiffel Tower or something. It's always his follow ups that get him into the hotter water. That said, I do think this will end up blowing over once the season starts filming again and people focus on that. Hiatus makes people bored, even when they have a completely definite right to call him out on his SM. 

And sometimes given fandom, if no good spoilers are given this will rumble on longer than if preferred spoilers are given. Obviously not for everyone of course. 

Not really the same thing of course but I'm a devout Anglican and have taken silly pics in from of so many cathedrals and Abbeys, which were probably inappropriate (although I was younger than he is now) and they even printed them in my Church magazine. I've also got tons of photos of myself and friends in front of the Sultan Ahmed (BLue) Mosque and Haggia Sophia on a pilgrimage, goodness knows what intsa captions people put up. Once again, he didn't think it though, and responded badly but the initial post was just very touristy not intentionally insensitive. 

I had a Turkish dissident lady literally flip the birdie at a guard at several mosques in defiance of the headscarf requirement  before throwing one on at the last minute and she was allowed though (tourists give donations). 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5

Well, majority of his fans are white and Christian. So, I expect many of them to get over this quickly.

I just think the rest of us won't forget this blunder. The only reason he has had Muslim fans after that Texas thing because he apologised. This time he not only called someone an idiot for trying to politely correct him but he also said it was a joke get over yourselves. There is just so many things he says or does about issues relating to minorities that just makes me tilt my head and look at him differently. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I've also got tons of photos of myself and friends in front of the Sultan Ahmed (BLue) Mosque and Haggia Sophia on a pilgrimage, goodness knows what intsa captions people put up. Once again, he didn't think it though, and responded badly but the initial post was just very touristy not intentionally insensitive. 

I didn't see anyone accusing him of being intentionally insensitive, just of making an ill-advised joke that could be interpreted in ways other than he likely meant it. Like someone upthread wrote, the first offense is rarely ultimately the issue, it's his asshole tendency to make it 10 times worse with his never-ending double downs that are the problem. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I do think this will end up blowing over once the season starts filming again and people focus on that. Hiatus makes people bored, even when they have a completely definite right to call him out 

I actually wasn't too taken back by his original caption except to say it was a poor ill timed joke that landed wrong but I respected the fact that there were alot of Muslim and Turkish people in the comments of his instagram post who did seem offended. And I don't think it's fair to say that they only felt that way because they were bored.  Just like it's not fair of Stephen to dismiss their feelings as not being able to take a joke. People feel how they feel, and just because some people might be okay with what he wrote, others weren't.

I feel like that also excuses him of the larger offense in that he purposely chose to be a nasty asshole instead of ignoring or engaging in a more civil way. I'm just not willing to blame this all on fandom being bored, or fandom not getting a joke or fandom being too sensitive. I've tried to defend Stephen in the past during his social media melt downs or tiffs but how long does one do that while he keeps being a mean asshole.  

• Love 7

Well, a very nice and brave fan made a video to him, and this was his response. He either really can't admit that he was wrong, or he truly doesn't think he was. While his initial caption wasn't necessarily wrong, some were offended by it and they had every right to be so. It's easy to apologize, and I wonder why he can't. 

5b1b60b2926cd_Screenshot2018-06-0822_01_40.png.d83616b405e70ff045bf62f340a01664.png

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Well, a very nice and brave fan made a video to him, and this was his response.

Good god. At a certain point he’s got to ask himself what’s the benefit of continuing to discuss it? Especially if he’s just going to keep digging in his heels like this. There’s literally no point. But he just. can’t. stop. He’s still commenting on his visitor posts (which are incredibly salty over his behavior, interestingly). Someone referenced the Hollywood Reporter article about how much he makes at cons and he was quick to dispute it (though anyone who’s ever been to one knows their math wasn’t that far off). 

The only post that he responded to that might have actually given him pause was from the mother of the little girl who has dressed up like Felicity and met him at multiple cons. He seemed genuinely sad that she was disappointed in him - but not enough to change his tune, of course.

D4513FCB-1608-4F3A-8AF0-C3DBF9A326E9.jpeg

0072C197-F997-452A-844F-49650A742D29.jpeg

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Jeebus Steve. Walk away. Put the phone down. Close the laptop. To have the arrogance of a straight, white dude, I swear.

Didn’t he say he wasn’t going to think about this again? Do us all a favor and turn off your notifications and stoppppppp replying please. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Jeebus Steve. Walk away. Put the phone down. Close the laptop. To have the arrogance of a straight, white dude, I swear.

He's currently in Mauritius (one of the most beautiful places in the world), with his family. So, if he's leaving it alone, why isn't he out having fun with them, rather than making a rambling video and doing a deep dive into facebook comments.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I didn't see anyone accusing him of being intentionally insensitive, just of making an ill-advised joke that could be interpreted in ways other than he likely meant it. Like someone upthread wrote, the first offense is rarely ultimately the issue, it's his asshole tendency to make it 10 times worse with his never-ending double downs that are the problem. 

This so much.

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

I actually wasn't too taken back by his original caption except to say it was a poor ill timed joke that landed wrong but I respected the fact that there were alot of Muslim and Turkish people in the comments of his instagram post who did seem offended. And I don't think it's fair to say that they only felt that way because they were bored.  Just like it's not fair of Stephen to dismiss their feelings as not being able to take a joke. People feel how they feel, and just because some people might be okay with what he wrote, others weren't.

I feel like that also excuses him of the larger offense in that he purposely chose to be a nasty asshole instead of ignoring or engaging in a more civil way. I'm just not willing to blame this all on fandom being bored, or fandom not getting a joke or fandom being too sensitive. I've tried to defend Stephen in the past during his social media melt downs or tiffs but how long does one do that while he keeps being a mean asshole.  

All of this as well. 

I honestly didn't think he meant the first caption to offend people. It was tacky and stupid thing to say when you are standing in front of that Mosque but not that offensive. However, I understood why some people were angry since The Sultan Ahmed Mosque is not only a Historic landmark but also many Muslims first stop whenever they go to Turkey. So, for him to respond the way he has is really something. Made something that was a simple Cultural misunderstanding into something huge for no reason at all. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sadfangirl said:

He's currently in Mauritius (one of the most beautiful places in the world), with his family. So, if he's leaving it alone, why isn't he out having fun with them, rather than making a rambling video and doing a deep dive into facebook comments.

Peak hiatus, eh?

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm going to post tweets from WH's panel at Heroes Assemble Con (Paris) in the Mind Your Surroundings thread because it was a joint Arrow/LoT panel with Arthur Darvill...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

E3 Expo, June 12-13, 2018 (Los Angeles, CA)
Echo Kellum (also Robbie Amell and Franz Drameh) for Jun. 12 Fortnite: Battle Royale tournament 
https://www.e3expo.com/
https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/1/17417568/fortnite-e3-tournament-teams-players-ninja-ali-a

All The Celebrities And Streamers Competing In Fortnite's E3 ProAm Tournament
Dave Thier   June 9, 2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/06/09/all-the-celebrities-and-streamers-competing-in-fortnites-e3-proam-tournament/

Fortnite: Battle Royale might not be making any giant announcements at E3 (or so Epic Games says), but it's still using the biggest stage in gaming for a big celebration of all things Fortnite. Chief among these is a big ProAm tournament featuring 50 duos of celebrities and streamers duking it out for $3 million for charity. Epic has been slowly releasing the names of the players--by this point, we've got ourselves a complete list. There are representatives from sports, music and acting, and you can look here if you want some headshots to go along with the names.
Lachlan / Robbie Amell
TryMacs / Echo Kellum
FemSteph / Franz Drameh

Edited by tv echo
14 hours ago, Trisha said:

He seemed genuinely sad that she was disappointed in him - but not enough to change his tune, of course.

From what he wrote, I honestly cannot tell whether he was sad she was disappointed in him or sad that she'd posted about being disappointed in him on his Facebook page. I'm leaning toward the latter.

• Love 2

I must not have been a part of fandom for this one but am I reading the context right that he was slut shaming some celebrity? Like why even share that story with your 2 million followers except if your expecting them to fist bump you through the computer screen.