Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Could she be going and just not confirmed yet (for whatever weird, unlikely reason)? 

I'm sure. I bet changes are made all the time. I adore EBR and want her there, but I'm probably more surprised at Willa's exclusion. I'm bummed for her if this is the amazing story line she was promised for being such a good team player.

• Love 1

Regarding these journalists who will be present at the TCAs, will they be shown any of the upcoming episodes?  Or are they just going to be asking questions without really knowing too much about what it coming in the next few episodes?

I'm not going to put too much thought into who is going vs who isn't and what that means for their storylines for the rest of the season. Caity Lotz attended SDCC this year (and other cons over the summer with other Arrow cast members) but Sara was killed off in the premiere. From what they gave us for spoilers over the summer the assumption was that she would have a large role this season and possibly be a regular as she attended SDCC. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

Regarding these journalists who will be present at the TCAs, will they be shown any of the upcoming episodes?  Or are they just going to be asking questions without really knowing too much about what it coming in the next few episodes?

No idea yet. I follow a whole bunch of the journalists current at TCAs; so far nobody has mentioned Arrow screeners. OTOH, it's not uncommon for networks to give them out the night before the panel. It would make sense if they let the critics watch Arrow 310 and Flash 110 beforehand, but it's just as likely that the journos will go in blind.

• Love 1

I can see the logic in putting KC out there and not EBR because even with critics EBR is more of a favorite and they want questions to go to KC about her big new role rather than to  EBR about Felicity (I'm sure SA will get asked some of those) but when your manipulation is so obvious, it makes it also kind of stinky.

If she and Willa Holland are not going to be on the Paley panel,it will be a gross injustice.

It was interesting seeing the clip from 2013.  SA hugged everyone, KC teetered out in her  high heels, and Susanna Thompson strode out owning the stage like Moira Queen.  If you can't walk in your shoes, it doesn't matter how fashionable they are, it's going to look kind of silly.

• Love 1

I think I read in one article that this year the CW day on the TCA falls the same day of the Golden Globes.

As for the actual panel and questions to KC... In all honesty with everyone from the cast there plus The Flash people (minus the females apperantly) i doubt she's gonna asked often. As it was said.. She is not the media darling (or the fans darling) she may get a couple of questions - at best, but I'll bet you all now that the majority of questions will be to the EP's, Amell, Brrowman, Gustin and maybe Cavanaugh if he'll be there.

and the fact that every name on the peope i listed is male pisses me off right to no end....

I don't know...usually full casts don't show for TCAs (I mean ones that film on location)

It was interesting seeing the clip from 2013.  SA hugged everyone, KC teetered out in her  high heels, and Susanna Thompson strode out owning the stage like Moira Queen.  If you can't walk in your shoes, it doesn't matter how fashionable they are, it's going to look kind of silly.

I didn't find anything interesting about it. Also KC also greeted everyone 

I'd bet money that KC or the EPs are the drivers behind no other women besides KC being there. Both have to know that KC is not liked in the Arrow World and that EBR gets the best press of any of the Arrow cast. If they want KC's arc to succeed (which let's face it, it won't because KC can't act), they need to get the more popular women out of the way.

I think the writing is on the wall that Felicity is going to be backburnered and not really focused on because Laurel is Black Canary. The EPs don't give a shit if her character is unpopular because the ratings haven't suffered due to focus on her. Unless rating crater this January, I expect the show to be the Arrow and BC hour in spirit by next season.

• Love 1

I find it more strange that neither CP or DP are there for Flash. How does having them take away focus from KC or Laurel? I don't really buy that theory.

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I find it more strange that neither CP or DP are there for Flash.

I just find it strange that none of the women, bar KC are going. That just makes me raise a quizzical brow (ugh i wish I could do that, raise just one eyebrow. Unfortunately I can't). 

• Love 5

I just find it strange that none of the women, bar KC are going. That just makes me raise a quizzical brow (ugh i wish I could do that, raise just one eyebrow. Unfortunately I can't). 

yeah  but with EBR I can kind of buy the theory that maybe EBR would take focus o of Laurel. (But even then that is stupid, it's not like a competition)  But how on earth would CP or DP take the focus of Laurel, when they are on a completely different show? That doesn't make sense in my mind to be the reason why there are no other women. Same with Willa.

Edited by ban1o

I don't think either Iris or Caitlin are important enough as characters to be there.  They're still kind of on the sidelines lines, just supporting players so far.  With a limited number of cast who could be on stage, I think Joe West or Harrison Wells would be more important, not to mention the actors are more interesting to the critics than the kids in the cast.   (Of course, if the actors playing Eddie or Cisco are there, this theory goes in the garbage.)

Arsenal and BC are just starting their ascensions so the producers want them there, and Barrowman is Barrowman so they would want to flaunt him.  David Ramsey isn't a superhero but he's two years more important than Cisco or Eddie.

Well Pivot if Felicity is backburned they are complete fucking morons. You push the characters that work not the ones people love if you want a successful show. I know I'm out if Laurel is shoved down my throat and Felicity gets like 10 minutes an episode same with Diggle. MG has said he knows OG Team Arrow is what the fans love but yet..

• Love 1

There is a long history on tv shows of producers falling in love with unpopular characters and shoving them down viewers' throats - See Lana on Smallville, Ruby on Supernatural, Joey on Dawson's Creek, etc. I am not surprised to see this same mistake on Arrow as well.

yeah  but with EBR I can kind of buy the theory that maybe EBR would take focus o of Laurel. (But even then that is stupid, it's not like a competition)  But how on earth would CP or DP take the focus of Laurel, when they are on a completely different show? That doesn't make sense in my mind to be the reason why there are no other women. Same with Willa.

Ohhhhh no, you missed my point. I wasn't talking about taking the focus off of Laurel at all. Nah I don't care about that because I know for sure KC will only be asked like 1 or 2 questions and probably won't get any focus (with or without EBR there) :p No, I just find it strange that none of the women are going, period. 

From what I've heard Lana was more popular than Laurel and Clana had more fans than Laurviver I think Clana had more fans than Chlark(I was a BIG Chlark shipper) unlike on Arrow where Olicity is the overwhelming favorite ship and Felicity is one of the most popular characters by far. They are stupid if they don't listen to fans.

From what I've heard Lana was more popular than Laurel and Clana had more fans than Laurviver I think Clana had more fans than Chlark(I was a BIG Chlark shipper) unlike on Arrow where Olicity is the overwhelming favorite ship and Felicity is one of the most popular characters by far. They are stupid if they don't listen to fans.

I don't now about Clana being more popular than Chlark.  Clana and Lana were well hated by the masses. Clana had some very passionate fans but more than Chlark?  More than Laureliver sure but let's not go nuts here. ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

The information about who is going to be at the TCA press tour, is this all being tossed about on Twitter? Can anyone link to these confirmations? I haven't seen anything elsewhere that says who is going or not.

But according to Guggenheim, it's not a Black Canary arc coming up, so why promote a trilogy that isn't a trilogy? (eyeroll)

There is a long history on tv shows of producers falling in love with unpopular characters and shoving them down viewers' throats - See Lana on Smallville, Ruby on Supernatural, Joey on Dawson's Creek, etc. I am not surprised to see this same mistake on Arrow as well.

Also remember that Arrow EPs' interview from way back where one of them said something about how they're going to give fans what they need and not what they want?  Obviously, they think this is what we need.

Why is DR there (if you're going with the theory that they're only featuring actors playing classic DC Comics heroes and villains)?  Cynical answer is that without him, they'd have an all-white panel.  CP is female (if you're going with the 'KC must be only female cast member' theory), and JM is like PB as a supporting character.  I hope I'm wrong.  Maybe they'll hint at the TCAs that DR is going to turn into another DC Comics superhero?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Why is DR there (if you're going with the theory that they're only featuring actors playing classic DC Comics heroes and villains)?

My cynical answer is that he's representative of the Suicide Squad / H.I.V.E. connection, which is comics and therefore applies to that theory.

Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 4

Expected highlights from the TCA in Los Angeles:

The CW will show off “The Heroes and Villains of Arrow and Flash” in a joint panel and also introduce new series “iZombie” and “The Messengers.”

Scoops ahead as TV critics trek to Los Angeles
20 hours ago  •  By Gail Pennington
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/scoops-ahead-as-tv-critics-trek-to-los-angeles/article_2518430a-6320-5de2-8b7f-0f7e6a897edb.html

Edited by tv echo

Expected highlights from the TCA in Los Angeles:

Scoops ahead as TV critics trek to Los Angeles

20 hours ago • By Gail Pennington

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/scoops-ahead-as-tv-critics-trek-to-los-angeles/article_2518430a-6320-5de2-8b7f-0f7e6a897edb.html

So, heroes=people in masks (even if they haven't done anything heroic yet), except for Diggle, who was probably included so the panel wouldn't be totally white? Yawn. Nice attempt at being ambiguous with Ray by putting him on the villain side.

I'm only taking comfort in the fact that Felicity referred to her hacktivism as her first attempt at being a hero. Her second attempt is successful- she knows what's up.

Edited by apinknightmare

B6xgnsbCUAAWQtu.png

Yeah, I have questions.

• What happened to Guggenheim saying: "Just because you put on a mask and a costume doesn’t mean you’re a superhero.... A mask does not a hero make.... I’m loath to even call [Laurel] a hero at this point because I don’t think she’s earned that title yet, though she certainly wants to."  (Source
  • Wasn't the whole theme of "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak" episode summed up by what Cooper asked Felicity:  "Are you a hacker or a hero?"  And wasn't the correct answer that Felicity is a hero?
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11

If they've decided to shift focus from being "Arrow" to "Arrow and Black Canary and Atom and Arsenal" then they don't have room for non-costume wearing heroes, I guess.

But, is this Heroes and Villains campaign show runners driven or marketing/TPTB driven, I wonder. If it's EPs, then, that's concerning to me. But if it's the CW promo monkeys trying to drum up comic book interest then maybe not?

They are aware of the backlash of the promotion. I'm willing to bet someone makes a comment that you don't have to wear a mask to be a hero - pointing out Diggle and Felicity - at the panel.

The PR of the event isn't really that creative. Its a Superhero show…There are the Heroes and there are the Villains…Thats call it Heroes & Villains! Genius! I'm pretty sure they didn't realize the implication they make by excluding EBR (and for that matter Danielle as well). Tsk Tsk should have learned how protect fans are of Felicity/Diggle.

• Love 3

Give us what we need not what we want? We NEED a good show that's believeable. Them assholes NEED a show that stays on the air for a long time. We don't need a show were unlikable uninteresting characters dominate air time while fan favs are sidelined. There are other options and with that attitude they must not want a show to last that long.

• Love 3

Hmm, sounds like I'm being mocked.  Oh well...

tv echo, I apologize if it sounded that way -- it didn't mean to mock you at all. It's truly my cynicism that I think that DR is there to tie to other comics characters, because for whatever reason the focus for this panel is "comics on tv". I don't really think the people who put this together thought anything beyond that, and as a result didn't anticipate how odd it would look to many many people for the various reasons that have been stated.

• Love 1

Since 

there is going to be more on the Suicide Squad on Arrow,

I wouldn't be surprised if DR is there just in case because they are considering a Suicide Squad spin-off.

Edited by statsgirl

So SA has to do the main promotion for episodes where he will mostly not be in? I mean it is a nice thing for him to get to be on the show but why would they have him now? He will not be the focus and as he said "the show is about more than one person". Obviously it isn't really.

tv echo, I apologize if it sounded that way -- it didn't mean to mock you at all. It's truly my cynicism that I think that DR is there to tie to other comics characters, because for whatever reason the focus for this panel is "comics on tv". I don't really think the people who put this together thought anything beyond that, and as a result didn't anticipate how odd it would look to many many people for the various reasons that have been stated.

It's cool.  It's difficult to convey emotional nuances with the written word alone.  I was probably being oversensitive because of my experiences at another show forum here.  : )

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So SA has to do the main promotion for episodes where he will mostly not be in? I mean it is a nice thing for him to get to be on the show but why would they have him now? He will not be the focus and as he said "the show is about more than one person". Obviously it isn't really.

Yeah, I'm wondering if he'll talk about Arrow and what he can possibly say since he's still maintaining that he's dead. 

It's cool.  It's difficult to convey emotional nuances with the written word alone.  I was probably being oversensitive because of my experiences at another show forum here.  : )

I can definitely relate to having issues with other forums.  I had a really bad experience in another forum where there were a few majorly rude people, and I was probably overemotional because of a death in my family, but it upset me so much that I never went back there again (who knows, maybe it was the same forum you went to).  People here are generally pretty nice, so this is basically the only forum that I check obsessively. 

• Love 4

Felicity Smoak's amazing 'Arrow' wardrobe: Let's discuss

by Rachel Paige, Community Administrator   Jan 7, 2015 | 11:43PM

http://community.ew.com/2015/01/07/felicity-smoak-arrow-wardrobe/

This article link was just retweeted by Arrow's official twitter account:

Arrow retweeted

Entertainment Weekly @EW  ·  27m 27 minutes ago

Let's discuss Felicity Smoak's amazing @CW_Arrow wardrobe: http://ow.ly/H4BsB

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow

So I guess they don't consider Felicity a "hero", but they recognize that she's got amazing fashion sense?  (sarcasm)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Whoever is responsible for the marketing of "heroes and villains" (CW, Arrow EPs) as only costumed physical fighters are being old-fashioned in their thinking.  The new "weapons" in today's digital age are computers and technology, so some of those heroes and villains have to be fighting through nonphysical ways.  Just look at all the movies and TV shows focused on widespread damage caused by a few keystrokes (Blackhat, Person of Interest, just to name a few).  And in real life, there's that Sony hacking scandal.  

Even the "bitch with wi-fi" and "Secret Origin" episodes of Arrow highlighted how much damage (or good) Felicity could do with just a few keystrokes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

That JB gets around!  This Gallifrey One Convention will take place on Feb. 13-15, 2015, in Los Angeles...

John Barrowman retweeted
Gallifrey One @gallifreyone  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Gallifrey One welcomes JOHN BARROWMAN (Captain Jack Harkness) to our 2015 convention lineup. http://www.gallifreyone.com #gally1

https://twitter.com/team_barrowman

For more infor:  http://www.gallifreyone.com/

Edited by tv echo

Whoever is responsible for the marketing of "heroes and villains" (CW, Arrow EPs) as only costumed physical fighters are being old-fashioned in their thinking.  The new "weapons" in today's digital age are computers and technology, so some of those heroes and villains have to be fighting through nonphysical ways.  Just look at all the movies and TV shows focused on widespread damage caused by a few keystrokes (Blackhat, Person of Interest, just to name a few).  And in real life, there's that Sony hacking scandal.  

Even the "bitch with wi-fi" and "Secret Origin" episodes of Arrow highlighted how much damage (or good) Felicity could do with just a few keystrokes.

Yep. Even Iron Man is all about Tony Stark's programming (along with the arc reactor.) One of my favorite Earth's Mightiest Heroes episodes revolved around the villain uploading a virus into Tony's suit which made him completely unable to fight. To quote Hardison - It's the age of the geek, baby!

Granted, I'll give them that it might not be particularly exciting watching someone type at a keyboard versus super speed, flying, excellent archery skills, etc, but to say they aren't heroes is just flat out wrong.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1