Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I think their biggest mistake with promo here is keeping Michael Emerson a secret. It really doesn't make any sense. 

I agree. They were going for the shocker, but they could still have promoted Michael Emerson without giving away that he was going to be Cayden James. Emerson is a huge get for Arrow and I would bet a pretty good chunk of the Arrow audience had also probably been Lost fans. I know it's been discussed on this forum that The CW et al don't want to spend money promoting Arrow, and they don't have to. They just have to be smart about it.

• Love 13

What was there to say about her during the episode? "Look at her viciously snap the neck of a security guard for funsies after he begged for his life! What a badass!" "Look at her pretend to help someone out only to kill her instead! #BSisthetrueBC"

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

What was there to say about her during the episode? "Look at her viciously snap the neck of a security guard for funsies after he begged for his life! What a badass!" "Look at her pretend to help someone out only to kill her instead! #BSisthetrueBC"

They could've said whatever they want but the point is, they didn't even say that much or promote her that much so I dont get what there is to be mad about. 

I think the problem isn't what's online, because I don't think that has any real affect on ratings. The problem is TV promos. This season, they've been very singular and unbalanced. Instead of giving people an idea of the next episode, its all action and like 2 lines of dialogue. Whoever is doing TV promos this season, needs to be taught how to strike a balance.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I thought the discussion was about the pre-episode regular promotion, not any during-episode tweeting.   

Unless I am not seeing the same thing, they retweeted both KC and DR around the same time and that was about the only thing they did pre-episode that had to do with KC/BS.

Perhaps I misunderstood.  I thought the complaint was that the official TV episode promo and description were extremely misleading as to what the episode actually was about. And did not promote Michael Emerson's appearance.

Episode Description:

"Reversal" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

BLACK SIREN STRIKES AGAIN - Just as Oliver (Stephen Amell) starts to get things in order, Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) launches another attack on the citizens of Star City. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Sarah Tarkoff & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#604). Original airdate 11/2/2017.

Episode Promo:

Major Black Siren emphasis.  No mention at all of Michael Emerson, Felicity, or Olicity.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 11

On the Arrow IG account, both posts promoting 604 featured BS, and the one post about watching the episode on the app promoted the BC/BS matchup. 

2XkhMccm.jpg

Incidentally, I signed up for a youtube TV subscription because I can't get the local CW network over the air, and this is the photo that accompanies the Arrow listing on the channel guide. Bravo, CW PR. /s

TVXdkcuJ.jpg.5974f8f762e30bb17304382b74c6c3bd.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Apart from the clip, majority of their the main twitter tweets last night had nothing to even do with Black Siren. 

Exactly. Because she wasn't particularly relevant to the episode. What she did could have been done by a random lackey. And yet the promotion before the episode made it seem like she was a huge and vital part. Big mistake. 

• Love 10

Well, the problem is that the episode description for 604 was released before 601 aired so they were still pretending everyone except for Oliver, Dinah, BS, William and Slade could be dead. 

And then they wanted ME to be this "mystery character who is so obviously Cayden James but we won't say he is," so I think that also limited their promotion of him. 

Doesn't explain why they're not using him to promote the episode now that it's aired though. The CW really should. 

• Love 2

Isle of Wight Comic Con, November 4-5, 2017 (U.K.)
Manu Bennett (and Michelle Harrison)
http://www.islandcon.co.uk/film-tv/

Manu Bennett at Isle of Wight Comic Con 2017 day Two
Published on Nov 5, 2017, by Jody Ruth

Manu Bennett recreates his Hobbit story with the help of my son! Very funny, and an awesome actor who has put the #islandcon on the map!

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Fan Expo Vancouver, November 10-12, 2017 (Canada)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Paul Blackthorne and Neal McDonough (also Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Danielle Panabaker, Brandon Routh and Caity Lotz, )
http://fanexpovancouver.com/guests/
Show Program
-Sat., 11/11, at 11:30am - Q&A Panel with Flash Cast (GG, CP, TC, CV, DP)
-Sat., 11/11, at 1:00pm - Q&A Panel with Arrow Star Stephen Amell
-Sat., 11/11, at 4:00pm - Q&A Panel with Arrow Cast (David Ramsey, Paul Blackthorne, Neal McDonough)
-Sun., 11/12, at 11:30am - Q&A Panel with LoT Stars (BR, CL)

Rhode Island Comic Con, November 10-12, 2017 
Dolph Lundgren
http://www.ricomiccon.com/guests
Panel Schedule
-Sat., 11/11, at 7:00pm - Rocky Panel (Dolph Lundgren, Carl Weathers)

Edited by tv echo

Guys. I sort of need help for my Olicity photo op at HVFF Atlanta. I kinda want EBR and SA to do one of Mulder and Scully's photoshoot poses. DD and GA always do such great photoshoots together. Like, they had some really great shoots together way back when (and actually their latest ones are still great). Y'all think I can get away with convincing them to do this pose?

Spoiler

TXF-MSR-lick350x381.jpg

Lol. I dunno if I'll even have the nerve to ask for that specific pose (I'm very shy. Heh.) but I would really appreciate suggestions? Please? (By the way, if this isn't the right thread for this, I'd be happy to move this to the quiver thread, instead.)

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Guys. I sort of need help for my Olicity photo op at HVFF Atlanta. I kinda want EBR and SA to do one of Mulder and Scully's photoshoot poses. DD and GA always do such great photoshoots together. Like, they had some really great shoots together way back when (and actually their latest ones are still great). Y'all think I can get away with convincing them to do this pose?

Hide contents

TXF-MSR-lick350x381.jpg

Lol. I dunno if I'll even have the nerve to ask for that specific pose (I'm very shy. Heh.) but I would really appreciate suggestions? Please? (By the way, if this isn't the right thread for this, I'd be happy to move this to the quiver thread, instead.)

GURL I SUPPORT YOU!!! YOU SHOULD TOTALLY ASK FOR THIS. I think they will comply, there hasnt been anything they've said no to so far.

• Love 1

@SleepDeprived hehe you would be the fandom hero if you could get that pic!!!!!!!

I would just ask! They've done lots of creative poses before so I think you've got a good chance of them agreeing. Even if they say no, you can just roll with it and ask for a tamer pose and you'll know that at least you took a shot at getting what you wanted!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Is it me or does she not look like herself in that photo?

I agree with you. She doesn't look like herself.

33 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Reveal hidden contents

TXF-MSR-lick350x381.jpg

The worst that will happen is the handler will squelch it. And you'll do something else. But I think they would do it.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Reveal hidden contents

TXF-MSR-lick350x381.jpg

if you do ask them - which I totally would - you should post it here :p

• Love 8

I wouldn't post it anywhere else but here, of course. This is the only place I'm actually active at in fandom (don't have Twitter, Facebook, nothin'). Y'all would get the exclusive (but probably not for long since people of this fandom are super quick about these things). ?

Ahahaha... I was mostly joking about asking for that pose but... All right, y'all, I'll do my best and work up the nerve (all the nerves!) to ask for this pose. I'll probably need to drink a boatload of caffeine to give me courage (I don't think alcohol is allowed at the venue. Heh). But I'll prepare an alternate (less risqué) Mulder/Scully photoshoot pose for them to do, just in case this one doesn't work out.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is it me or does she not look like herself in that photo?

I swear this happens in her photos all the time. I'm constantly thinking she looks like someone else.  

9 hours ago, SleepDeprived said:

Hide contents

TXF-MSR-lick350x381.jpg

I think it being framed as an homage to another really famous duo, it ups your chance at getting a positive reaction.  It's not just you trying to get something juicy.  

• Love 1

I think it helps that SA is part of HVFF. There is a con in Vancouver this weekend where DR is also going and SA was also scheduled first. So my thought is that whatever wishes EBR has, HVFF is helping her deal with all the cons involve. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1