Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The cast interaction was so awesome this year.

Soooo many adorable EBR and SA pics! Almost makes up for our lack of official photo shoots. 

I adore that video of SA giving her a hug but I'm wondering if EBR is more nervous than usual this year. Could explain why she didn't do any interviews last year either if she's struggling with that aspect of the job. Is it common for them to comfort her at these things?

I hope she's ok!

Edited by Mellowyellow
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I adore that video of SA giving her a hug but I'm wondering if EBR is more nervous than usual this year. Could explain why she didn't do any interviews last year either if she's struggling with that aspect of the job. Is it common for them to comfort her at these things?

I hope she's ok!

She seemed pretty overwhelmed at the WB signing booth, IMO. That's why she hugged SA and he was comforting her. DR did the same a few times too. And when you look at the amount of fans just standing in line there, combined with all the "Move it along!" shouting going on, I'm not surprised. I felt anxious just watching it tbh. 

Maybe she has good days and bad days and that was a bad day? IDK.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Next year if they can do SDCC without Echo/KC that'd be great. Both of them annoyed me this year. The rest can stay though (Juliana and Rick really grew on me this SDCC)!

I agree. Maybe they can replace them with dogs instead. Bring back Doug!*

*This might just be my love for Doug talking. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 4
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Does he roll his eyes or just try to avoid eye contact by looking down, away, being so happy to talk about Pee?

IDK, the subject of peeing is really interesting so I can see why he'd be happy to talk about it

• Love 1

I don't know. I think KC is staying till the end. I could be wrong though. I hope I am wrong. Also, that hair color ages her. I always think her dark hair made her more younger and prettier. 

Anyways, thank you guys for updating us on all things comic con. I loved it so much. 

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IDK, the subject of peeing is really interesting so I can see why he'd be happy to talk about it

So true, it's all the rage around the Water Cooler ???

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

I was talking with friends about EBR because her anxiety was very noticeable on Saturday, especially during that WB signing. She also said something about having had more than 4 cups of (iced) coffee, which if you're already anxious would just make you even more so. I think the babbling is part of the anxiety. There was one video where you can see Echo pick up on it and put his arms around her. I thought I saw Willa and even KC at some point reach over and rubbed EBR's arms. At one point during the panel she had a death grip on Stephen's hand (Twitter had a different interpretation but she was white-knuckling it to borrow a friend's description). I'm making no excuses for the interviews, just saying that EBR was noticeably anxious that day.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I was talking with friends about EBR because her anxiety was very noticeable on Saturday, especially during that WB signing. She also said something about having had more than 4 cups of (iced) coffee, which if you're already anxious would just make you even more so. I think the babbling is part of the anxiety. There was one video where you can see Echo pick up on it and put his arms around her. I thought I saw Willa and even KC at some point reach over and rubbed EBR's arms. At one point during the panel she had a death grip on Stephen's hand (Twitter had a different interpretation but she was white-knuckling it to borrow a friend's description). I'm making no excuses for the interviews, just saying that EBR was noticeably anxious that day.

Is this the alleged hand holding Twitter is cheering over?

I saw that clip and thought it was a death grip/squeeze. Poor thing I really hope she's ok!

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrow Season 6 Comic-Con 2017 QNA Livestream
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by The World of Flash

What I am going to say is pure conjecture but I think I might be right. When watching the various videos of the cast going to Comic Con and finally this one I got an answer to something I was thinking about after seeing SA laying on the floor of the airplane. I thought he probably hurt his back doing a stunt or something. He seemed a little loopy when on the show with Zachary Levi and I was wondering if he was on pain pills. Then he was chewing gum throughout his time there and it could be a result of dry mouth from taking the pills.  On this video he flings out a comment at 4:39 that his back hurts. He seemed stiff both days.  Just my observation. Probably totally wrong.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I saw that clip and thought it was a death grip/squeeze. Poor thing I really hope she's ok!

Yup, that. You can see the death grip (that's a good description, too) ... and Stephen looked pretty concerned even though he was trying to smile.

12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's not alleged it's on video so it happened lol

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

It's not alleged it's on video so it happened lol

But they weren't holding hands for fun though. Ut looked like a death grip to me and SA looked concerned which imo is different than if they were sitting around holding hands. 

• Love 2

I didn't think it looked like she had a death grip on him, although I do think she gets pretty tactile when she needs support. I'm surprised more people didn't comment on her clutching the mod's arm when he brought the cake to her - that seemed like a bigger deal than her holding Stephen's hand.

• Love 2

SA commented on it. He said something like "It's just a cake" and laughed. I thought she grabbed his hand in response to that, like she was embarrassed or something.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm surprised more people didn't comment on her clutching the mod's arm when he brought the cake to her - that seemed like a bigger deal than her holding Stephen's hand.

Yeah, tbh, I thought she was about to start tearing up (overwhelmed, happy tears) right then, and I was thinking, "C'mon, people, y'all still have a Q&A to do and I'm thinking some of them are going to be for her! Might be hard with cake and feelings!"

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But they weren't holding hands for fun though. Ut looked like a death grip to me and SA looked concerned which imo is different than if they were sitting around holding hands. 

Didnt look like a Death Grip to me. Of course IF she was having an anxiety attack during the panel or at least close to one, then SA has got to be the shitiest Work Friend around since from what I saw he prompted the Cake/Sing A Long.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

She looks like she's happy here to me 

I didn't see the "death grip" but yeah it's sweet that Stephen wants to make her feel special about her birthday and I can only hope as someone who knows her personally and seems like he's aware and supportive of her anxiety issues that he wouldn't put her on the spot like that if he didn't think she'd be okay with it or if it would trigger something in her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Quick, she's coming over AGAIN! Think of something, anything to talk about! ??

Does he roll his eyes or just try to avoid eye contact by looking down, away, being so happy to talk about Pee?

I honestly thought the dialogue in the tweet was made up before I got the chance to listen, LOL! Wow!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SA commented on it. He said something like "It's just a cake" and laughed. I thought she grabbed his hand in response to that, like she was embarrassed or something.

That was actually my take as well, embarrassed/awkward to have the spotlight on her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I think he says "I didn't know there was a cake!" 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I wanted to say it was actually eight if you count me, but no. I tried it about 20 years ago. It was so, so weird.

Well if it helps I just googled pineapple on pizza vs no pineapple on pizza and the internet memes seem to back you ? No pro memes I could see images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIYHZxFzVSpWt-DQ2Mrjq

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT50rtrZj_aJtRynniSzb4

There me were a couple pro pineapple memes but I felt under represented! ?

5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

*raises hand* Hawaiian pizza (or pizza with pineapple) eater here. I just really like the balance of sweet and salty with the ham :P

You are my favourite. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise ?

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4

Hawaiian pizza with white sauce is delicious.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I've never had pineapple on pizza, because I hate warm/baked fruit and berries. I won't ever eat them, even in pie.

I like the pineapple cool. It's a nice contrast.

I am sad you don't like fruit pies. 

• Love 1
Just now, leopardprint said:

What about lemon meringue? Or key lime? Or banana cream pie? 

If it doesn't have pieces of fruit that have been baked in it, I'm totally fine.

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Is it just fruit pie? What about creme pies? Chocolate? I'm concerned.  Pumpkin? Pecan?

Just fruit pie! Cream, chocolate, pumpkin, pecan, etc are all good in my book!

• Love 1

I'll eat apple and apricot pie but I don't like those fruit mince pie things they have at Christmas time. Those are gross. (Side bar also not a fan of fruit cake or Christmas Pudding) 

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Count me in with those that like pineapple on pizza. I wonder if Oliver can make homemade pizza after his domestic!Oliver stint. LOL

Yes we are starting a movement! 

(edited)
26 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I wanted to say it was actually eight if you count me, but no. I tried it about 20 years ago. It was so, so weird.

I think that's about how long ago it was when I tried it.  I know I was in college.  

I actually liked it, which surprised me - I wasn't expecting to.  I just, for whatever reason, have never had it since.  Probably mostly because everyone around me was like "oh yuck!" (Lol) and I didn't like it enough to insist on it. :)

I was going to comment on pies, but started thinking we probably should move this to Small Talk if we're going to go further down the food chain. ;)

Edited by Starfish35

This looks like a shoot for 90210. Not in small amount because EBR reminds me of Jennie Garth in the first one. Willah is obviously the central character, a cool new transfer who thinks all these people around her are the lamest ever. O.M.G. Mom. Did I piss you off that much?

• Love 7
(edited)

FULL Arrow panel (in two videos, posted by Clevver News) (warning: spoilers!)- only transcribed additional nonspoilery portions that weren't previously transcribed from the Flicks And The City video upthread (additional spoilery portions are transcribed in the New Spoilers thread)...

Arrow Panel Comic Con 2017 Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkdgoqeM1c

Arrow Panel Comic Con 2017 Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FivydkC4I

-- This video includes SA's interaction with the young girl, Sarah, who's fighting cancer.

-- Fan: "Willa, Emily, Katie and Juliana, you are all like the epitome of girl power. And, um, so my question is, what do you think was the hardest fight scene to film in the last season?" EK jokingly jumped in: "I got this one... Just kidding." WH said that the hardest fight scene for her was in the crossover. KC and JH said that they had the same answer: the faceoff fight between Dinah and Black Siren. EBR didn't answer or didn't have an opportunity to answer because the mod ended the panel at that point.

Edited by tv echo

Pineapple and ham pizza is delicious on a thin crust pizza.   But understand the divide between people. 

I don't understand the not liking blueberry pie.   I don't even enjoy sweets usually but that's my favourite thing ever. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Chaser said:

I thought he said that because she was getting emotional when he brought the cake on stage..

• Love 3

Sam Panopoulos, who made the first pineapple pizza at his restaurant in 1962, died last month.  He had some canned pineapple and wondered what it would taste like on pizza just for fun.  (I'm pro pineapple.  And bell peppers, and onion and yes anchovies.)

10 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I like pie that doesn't have fruit in it!

Does that include crumbles?  A strawberry/rhubarb crumble can be a thing of beauty.

(edited)
11 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

If it doesn't have pieces of fruit that have been baked in it, I'm totally fine.

Just fruit pie! Cream, chocolate, pumpkin, pecan, etc are all good in my book!

Does that include cake? Like Pineapple Upside Down Cake with brown sugar, pinnaple rings and maraschino cherries on the top? Yum!

Other than that, I do agree with you, i only like Apple Pie.

Edited by Morrigan2575