Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe I'm being insensitive. But dude needs to relax a bit.

Isn't his Facebook page also notorious for his fans attacking not only his costars but other female fans' appearances? (Or is that the Arrow FB page?) 

• Love 1
(edited)

It is easy to judge someone sitting behind a keyboard and I always think that before you do it, ask yourself 'Am I a supermodel? Am I super fit? Am I in the position to judge anyone based on appearance? Would I enjoy people judging me based on my looks? 

I do agree that he seems sensitive when it comes to this. (As is his right, I guess) Though as @bijoux mentioned just posting the picture would have said enough. (He sometimes manages to dig holes for himself when he talks because his feelings got hurt.) That being said, I do have to admit that I thought in this picture of him, the beard makes his face not look as good. It makes it wider in a way. And I am not judging him, I just thought that it might be time for the beard to go. 

Edited by Belinea
16 minutes ago, AveMaria30 said:

The original tweet was asking why no Rick or Juliana at the Arrow panel. 

Josh was added to the con after JH and RG and he is listed as part of the panel. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

^ Agreed. If he wanted to reply in any way, he could have just posted that pic with his shirt scrunched up, no comment.

But was it in reply to Robbie's tweet who called him "fatty"?  I assumed that it was old-fashioned trash talk between male cousins.

(edited)
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Isn't his Facebook page also notorious for his fans attacking not only his costars but other female fans' appearances? (Or is that the Arrow FB page?) 

It's on both his FB and the Arrow page and in response to fans understandably upset about it, SA told them to just ignore those people or something along the lines of "Who cares what other people think?" Apparently he only cares when it's him under attack so I'm kind of half sympathetic (because body shaming is awful) and half side eyeing him/rolling my eyes tbh. 

But, you know, he received a lot of body positive comments in response to his tweets today so I'm sure he got a nice ego boost. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Apparently he only cares when it's him under attack so I'm kind of half sympathetic (because body shaming is awful) and half side eyeing him/rolling my eyes tbh. 

But, you know, he received a lot of body positive comments in response to his tweets today so I'm sure he got a nice ego boost. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be more sympathetic if his response had been "Bodyshaming is bad," instead of "Look at my abs, how dare you call me fat," as if that's the worst thing in the world, even if it's a big part of his job to stay in shape. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 12

From the replies I saw it was one dude who said something about his body. He wouldn't like it if he had constant hate thrown at him through twitter and how that one person keeps coming back to hate on EBR and body shame her + others.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But was it in reply to Robbie's tweet who called him "fatty"?  I assumed that it was old-fashioned trash talk between male cousins.

I think the tweet with the photo was, but not this one.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I'd be more sympathetic if his response had been "Bodyshaming is bad," instead of "Look at my abs, how dare you call me fat," as if that's the worst thing in the world, even if it's a big part of his job to stay in shape. 

I agree and also the "who in the bleep do you think you're tweeting at" part.  lol 

• Love 1
(edited)

This upcoming weekend's comic cons (updated)...

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Portland, June 24-25, 2017 (Portland, OR)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Josh Segarra, Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez, John Barrowman, Katrina Law, Chad Coleman and Emily Kinney (also Brandon Routh)
http://heroesfanfest.com/portland/guests/
Schedule

Supanova Perth, June 23-25, 2017 (Australia)
Colin Donnell (also Dean Cain, Teri Hatcher and David Harewood)
http://www.supanova.com.au/events/perth-2017/guests/
Event Programme (pdf) (includes interview with Tom Holland, the new Spider-Man)

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, Delphi said:

Are her eyebrows usually that dark?  I know she's a brunette,  but I  am also masquerading as a blond and that seems super dark to me. 

Is Emily a brunette? I've only ever seen pictures of her as a blonde. Even baby photos that have been posted of her were blonde.

14 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Is Emily a brunette? I've only ever seen pictures of her as a blonde. Even baby photos that have been posted of her were blonde.

Yeah, someone posted grade school photos of her a while back and she had very brown hair.

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm confused ... her baby photos show her blonde. Is it possible to change shade as you grow older?

Oh yeah.  I've known several people whose hair was a light blonde when they were babies but it gradually darkened to brown by their teens. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm confused ... her baby photos show her blonde. Is it possible to change shade as you grow older?

My dad was born with blonde hair then they became dark brown while growing older..Emily's hair are darker judging from her roots but I don't know if she is a dark blonde or a brunette..

Anyway I'm a natural blonde and my eyebrows are basically like hers..maybe a bit lighter but not by much so that's not really telling..

• Love 3
(edited)

Baby-Emily-emily-bett-rickards-35812560-

(source)

Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards: 'I Was Sad to Know How Sad Felicity Had Been'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 5 2014, 7:25 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2014/11/05/arrow-season-3-preview-emily-bett-rickards-felicity-backstory/

TVLINE | Young brunette love. Have you ever been so brunette in your life?
I have been a brunette! I went to an acting school for four months and I had very, very dark [h]air. My mom’s natural hair color is black, but she’s sort of a blonde-y redhead now so… no one believes me!

Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards on Taming Her Curly Hair and More
BY MONICA PERRY  OCTOBER 9, 2013
http://www.allure.com/story/arrow-emily-bett-rickards-olicity-curly-hair-skin-fixes

When you're on hiatus, do you get creative with your look, or is there an unspoken Felicity rule at the CW? "Well, I'm not really allowed to change much, like the color of my hair. I'd love to be a redhead one day. But I've learned a lot from our hair people, too, you know, whether curling it, blowing it out, or just taming it down, because I have really, really curly hair. So I play with that more."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It's apparently quite common in some places.  A co-worker from English told me that when she was in elementary school, she looked out over a school assembly and every single child's head was blonde.  Most of them later went dark as my co-worker's did.

A rule of thumb I heard as to whether you can dye your hair blonde and it will look natural is if you were blonde as a child you can go blonde and it will look real.  (To my sadness I wasn't and whenever I try on a blonde wig it looks really fake.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

To my sadness I wasn't and whenever I try on a blonde wig it looks really fake.)

Yeah I have the same brown shade now as when I was a kid (well, except for those pesky white strands that keep trying to sneak in - lol).  I did get blonde highlights once and I liked it, but it was too much fuss (and money) for me to do it on a regular basis.  

• Love 1

I was blond until I was about seven, then a dirty blond until maybe twelve before my hair turned brown. Now in my 20s its still brown,  but kind of auburn.   Hair is weird. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, whoever is running the TCA promotions doesn't seem to know who EBR is or what show she is from, using this GIF for tweet vote about her:

The gif they picked for Caity Lotz was from Arrow season 2. Safe to say they're not trying very hard for anyone.

I love that the official Arrow accounts picked an Olicity screenshot to promote the voting. Can the new intern can stay forever?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't think this was posted before (if it was, sorry for re-posting)...

That has to be the biggest change between design and execution. Shame because that's a lot better then what they ended up with.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Delphi said:

Are her eyebrows usually that dark?  I know she's a brunette,  but I  am also masquerading as a blond and that seems super dark to me. 

I was blond with out "help" until my late twenties but had dark brown brows since I was a teen.  Also the really dark brow is the look now.  So maybe that's a part of it too.

7 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Wow! 

Also, whoever is running the TCA promotions doesn't seem to know who EBR is or what show she is from, using this GIF for tweet vote about her: 

After reading that complaint about this scene sent to the FCC that listed as offenses shaking breasts  and the mention of the possibility of not even wearing a bra, thus meant to be "sexually suggestive" and "completely inappropriate for prime time",  I take petty pleasure the more attention it gets.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So judging from Craig's write up I'm guessing reddit have voted 5x20 as worst episode. Whatever, I don't believe Craig runs a fair above board game anyway despite his claims.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-executive-producer-marc-guggenheim-talks-underneath/

Yeah, reddit had just one episode they could focus their hate on whereas everyone else had multitudes to choose from which likely split the vote more. 

Judging from the votes that have come in so far for the GreenArrowTV Awards voting, fans had strong opinions about the 20th episode of this season of Arrow, titled “Underneath,”

LMAO why does he have to say things like that? 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

LMAO why does he have to say things like that? 

Cause bitterness becomes him.

In the comments he also suggests that there's more votes against 5x20 then for. Which doesn't necessarily mean it won't win best Ep as he was quite happy to say that Felicity got more votes for worst character then best last year even though she won both from memory.

So I'm thinking 5x20 gets best and worst nods which I can take- it's just that popular?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Cause bitterness becomes him.

In the comments he also suggests that there's more votes against 5x20 then for. Which doesn't necessarily mean it won't win best Ep as he was quite happy to say that Felicity got more votes for worst character then best last year even though she won both from memory.

So I'm thinking 5x20 gets best and worst nods which I can take- it's just that popular?

It's just interesting to me that Felicity can't "win" a worst character poll on twitter where you can't cheat but manages to win on GATV where you never see the results. Very interesting indeed...

I had a feeling 520 could win worst/best so it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if 523 took best episode as some seem to go crazy over that for some reason, IDK. 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Didn't 508 get inexplicable (to me) rave reviews as well? 

Yeah, that one too. IDK why. Each to their own, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's just interesting to me that Felicity can't "win" a worst character poll on twitter where you can't cheat but manages to win on GATV where you never see the results. Very interesting indeed...

I had a feeling 520 could win worst/best so it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if 523 took best episode as some seem to go crazy over that for some reason, IDK. 

I absolutely think his poll can get hacked and I don't trust for a second that if there was obvious displays of hacking that favor his own bias he wouldn't turn a blind eye to it. His constant claims of his polls being 100% uncheatable always comes across to me like "she who doth protest too much". 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I sincerely believe Craig believes his poll is fair and that you can't cheat on it.  I don't know enough about hacking to know how hard it actually would be fool his single IP address thing, but I do believe he believes it can't be fooled. The accuracy matters a lot to him.  I don't think he protests because he has something to hide, but because it's a sensitive topic for him since it gets brought up every year.  (And yet every year he seems surprised, lol)  

Based on results, I tend to think it's not cheating that rules that day, but that certain places in fandom grab opportunities to highjack things like worst episode to make it into a statement of their anti Felicity stance, whereas the Olicity crowd would much rather vote on what they love.  It's about who is paying attention to certain categories and overall, I just don't think the Olicity crowd spends too much time worrying about the poll.  It's easy then to stack the decks when half the fandom isn't even that engaged.  (Or even realizes some are trying to make the poll into a referendum against Felicty and Olicity)       

Edited by BkWurm1
23 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

There are easy ways around the IP restriction..of course it's silly to put any kind of effort into cheating in a fandom poll, who even cares to waste time on that? LOL

Has he never heard of VPNs? They hide/change IP addresses. I was using one to watch international Netflix. 

He uses poll daddy which despite his acting like it's got some CIA protection levels has been hacked when other websites have used it for    polls. I mean the US elections got hacked, Hilary Clintons email server got hacked, but Craig thinks it's impossible for his silly little tv poll to be hacked/cheatable? 

As for why- it's like @BkWurm1 said they use that poll as some referendum on how terrible Felicity/Olicity is (which it's not) which is reinforced by Craig who acts like his poll/website speaks for the entire Arrow fandom (which it/he doesn't). Though to be fair I'm fairly positive Olicity fans only vote to piss Craig personally off when Felicity/Olicity win.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I sincerely believe Craig believes his poll is fair and that you can't cheat on it.  I don't know enough about hacking to know how hard it actually would be fool his single IP address thing, but I do believe he believes it can't be fooled. The accuracy matters a lot to him.  I don't think he protests because he has something to hide, but because it's a sensitive topic for him since it gets brought up every year.  (And yet every year he seems surprised, lol)  

Based on results, I tend to think it's not cheating that rules that day, but that certain places in fandom grab opportunities to highjack things like worst episode to make it into a statement of their anti Felicity stance, whereas the Olicity crowd would much rather vote on what they love.  It's about who is paying attention to certain categories and overall, I just don't think the Olicity crowd spends too much time worrying about the poll.  It's easy then to stack the decks when half the fandom isn't even that engaged.  (Or even realizes some are trying to make the poll into a referendum against Felicty and Olicity)       

Oh, I'm sure he probably does believe that. Doesn't mean it's true though. And I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but he seems to hold the result in high regard as if it's proof of the entire fandom opinion instead of realizing that only a small percentage even votes on that thing. (I know quite a few O/F fans refuse to even visit GATV to vote or give him clicks because of his past behavior. Then there's the wider audience who've probably never even heard of his site.)

7 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

There are easy ways around the IP restriction..of course it's silly to put any kind of effort into cheating in a fandom poll, who even cares to waste time on that? LOL

Reddit cares. Trust me. It's sad but true.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯