Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Probably isn't putting sunscreen on the backs of her hands, something many people forget to do. I'm not a fan of the oval but it's a nice size diamond, good for her.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Good for her! This has seemed to be her most publicized relationship so I am not totally surprised.

tumblr_or2o1vxAgh1s9qy1zo1_540.jpg

tumblr_or37lvrVl01sb309eo2_500.png

tumblr_or37lvrVl01sb309eo3_500.png

Huh. I don't follow her that closely, but I would have thought her relationship with Dana Brunetti was more publicized, probably just because of who he was.

I mean, not that it matters.  *shrug* Lol.  Maybe I just think that because that's the last time I had really any idea who she was dating.

Edited by Starfish35
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Huh. I don't follow her that closely, but I would have thought her relationship with Dana Brunetti was more publicized, probably just because of who he was.

Apart from going to the Golden Globes together I don't remember them posting that much about each other compared to this relationship where KC has taken countless photos/videos of them.

Can I just say that even though I wish them all the best and I hope everyone is happy, with celebrities I just always feel as though it seems so staged and that puts me off. Maybe I am just weird. Maybe that is how you stay relevant in this business and you need to open up your private life to the press and the fans. I mean, SA does it as well with his posts about his wife and how Coachella helps marriages. I wonder if people need to know that. 

That being said KC's ring looks nice and hopefully she is happy with this guy.

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Didnt Dana took her to the Oscars. 

He did. Oscars 2015 

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3310929/katie-cassidy-dana-brunetti-2015-oscars-04/

(edited)

Michael Rowe interview at Planet Comiicon on April 29...

Notes and Nerds - Talking with Michael Rowe
Published on May 6, 2017, by Notes and Nerds

-- Interviewer said that MR "is" Floyd Lawton, a/k/a Deadshot, on Arrow. MR: "Yes. At least I was... (Interviewer interjected that it was the Arrowverse) Yeah, let's get real. There's like multiple earths, there's flashbacks, there's magic, there's time travel, so anything's possible."  Interviewer then said that, with the popularity of the Suicide Squad movie, maybe The CW will bring him back. MR: "You never know."

-- MR said that he was "a pro at getting killed off" and that he got "killed three times on Arrow and Flash." Interviewer said that he was the "new Sean Bean."

-- On what it was like to audition for Deadshot, MR: "It was really early on in my acting career. And they told me I was auditioning for a - an army sniper named Finn. So I had no idea that it was going to turn into this. Um, pretty simple audition. Then when I went in for costume fitting, they started throwing [unintelligible word] amount of machine guns, eye patches and comic books at me, and it blew my mind that I'd be playing - (Interviewer interrupted to ask if he was familiar with this character before) Yeah, a little bit. I mean, I hadn't grown up like reading DC Comics. I was more of a Marvel guy, but, um, my little brother was into DC so I knew who the character was, and I thought they were playing a cruel joke on me. And people started calling me Deadshot, and I'm like, 'what are they talking about, I'm playing Finn.'"

-- On finding out he was playing Deadshot, MR: "Ah dude, I was a kid on Christmas morning. It was the best - the fact that they didn't tell me was like the best gift that I could've got, you know."

-- MR said that the director he auditioned for was a guy named Guy Bee and that, when he was leaving the audition, Bee asked him if he had any tattoos. MR said no. Then he noticed that the other guy auditioning for "Finn" was covered in tattoos. So he thought that they wanted someone with tattoos and that he definitely wasn't getting the role. But as it turned out, they wanted someone without tattoos.

-- Interviewer said that he thinks they're going to do a "huge Crisis type event" and bring Supergirl into the Arrowverse and "who's to say they can't bring someone back for a proper Suicide Squad. MR: "I don't think we'll ever see the Suicide Squad again. Maybe like a Secret Six storyline or something like that... (Interviewer said it was probably because they won't be able to get Harley Quinn on Arrow) Yeah. I just think that name now has been branded for film stuff and it's sorta like, they're working on that. Um, but, I'll tell you this, man, I know Deadshot's one of the hardest guys in that universe to kill, so I feel like he'll keep popping up here and there, one way or another." Interviewer said, "No body, no death."

-- MR said that it's really hard to fight with an eye patch on because "you have no depth perception." So he's gotten some injuries on set, but "it all goes with the job." He said that he's aimed for DR, but ended up punching the wall. He had no prior fight training, except for "growing up with four brothers" and a "love for professional wrestling."

Edited by tv echo
16 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The Queen parents' treatment of pre-island Oliver is why I eye-rolled the whole retconny idea promulgated by the 100th episode (and SA's comments at a recent comic con) that, if Oliver hadn't gotten on The Queen's Gambit, Oliver and Laurel would've gotten married and lived happily ever after. No, Oliver might've grown up into an adult, but an adult version of his father, Robert Queen, who was an unfaithful husband and corrupt businessman. And I'm sure that his mother, Moira Queen, would've continued to cover for and clean up Oliver's mistakes. Pre-island Oliver was not held accountable for anything, and there was no indication that that would ever change.

What did he say exactly? Do tell! Pretty please!

14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What did he say exactly? Do tell! Pretty please!

I've added SA's comments to my original post (that you quoted) in the Relationships thread.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

(and SA's comments at a recent comic con) that, if Oliver hadn't gotten on The Queen's Gambit, Oliver and Laurel would've gotten married and lived happily ever after.

His comment kinda proves to me that the 100th episode wanted to push this exact idea,no matter how much of an alien induced dream it was.

Taking into consideration Davids comment about how people can have both Olicity and Lauriver(not his exact words),i strongly believe the 100th was meant to fan service a specific group of people,to please them in a way without even making their ship endgame. It did however make them more vocal and fed the idea that L/O were meant to be. Very typical for cw to ship bait fans even after characters die. lol

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

I honestly took SA's comment as, Sure, why not? Let's talk about something else. How about the weather recently?

Yeah and didn't he end it by saying Oliver and Laurel is not the story they are interested in telling?

Being totally blunt Stephen does not like Lauriver. Being even more blunt there is a very strong chance Stephen does NOT like Katie Cassidy. 

He said very directly at a con in the past that for actors to have good chemistry they have to like each other and that if you ever think actors don't have good chemistry it usually means they don't get along from his experience. Pretty informative to me.

So really Lauriver is like a non issue, that Stephen will acknowledge out of politeness/civility *shrug*

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, theOAfc said:

His comment kinda proves to me that the 100th episode wanted to push this exact idea,no matter how much of an alien induced dream it was.

Taking into consideration Davids comment about how people can have both Olicity and Lauriver(not his exact words),i strongly believe the 100th was meant to fan service a specific group of people,to please them in a way without even making their ship endgame. It did however make them more vocal and fed the idea that L/O were meant to be. Very typical for cw to ship bait fans even after characters die. lol

I agree with you. But that viewpoint necessarily means that L/O were meant to be only if Oliver never becomes the GA (never gets on the boat). So you can have L/O only if you don't have BC/GA.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Now I'm wondering if Oliver's statement about needing to buy socks (in 522) was an inside joke having to do with Code 8...

Stephen Amell
22 hrs · 
Socks. We have SOCKS!! Code8.com
Campaign just crossed 1.8 Million!!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

These Arrow actors (not just KC) have some weird head canons that don't seem to match what's on screen. Like what David apparently told fans at a con ...

I totally agree with him about Felicity having her own life, about getting Olicity together but this notion of "either a risk to the team or not" is something I don't think we've ever seen play out onscreen. I seem to recall him mentioning the same thing at the start of S4(?) how the Olicity dynamic would be different because the stakes are higher when they go out in the field because Oliver & Felicity are together. Except, that was never an issue. So I'm not sure if these are conversations they have with each other, or that they shared with the writers but the writers rejected and yet the actors have internalized ... it's almost like Wendy's disease. What she says is never quite how it plays out on-screen.

• Love 2

I wonder if his "risk to the team" comment was about the Helix stuff this season?

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm confused about Code 8. Does it already have a distributor lined up? 

Did they ask for more donations? 

I thought it had picked up a foreign distributor, but I'm not 100% sure. And yes - they opened the campaign up again with more perks (a $60 hoodie and $20 socks + some more stuff) - I think it's open for the duration of filming.

51 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

These Arrow actors (not just KC) have some weird head canons that don't seem to match what's on screen. Like what David apparently told fans at a con ...

I totally agree with him about Felicity having her own life, about getting Olicity together but this notion of "either a risk to the team or not" is something I don't think we've ever seen play out onscreen. I seem to recall him mentioning the same thing at the start of S4(?) how the Olicity dynamic would be different because the stakes are higher when they go out in the field because Oliver & Felicity are together. Except, that was never an issue. So I'm not sure if these are conversations they have with each other, or that they shared with the writers but the writers rejected and yet the actors have internalized ... it's almost like Wendy's disease. What she says is never quite how it plays out on-screen.

It's an odd way to phrase it but I took "either a risk to the team or not" as the fear of them breaking up and the team suffering if they could no longer work together, like in season four.  Felicity even struggled with guilt over not being there when Laurel was stabbed.  She can't be held accountable at all but that's where my mind went with the question of danger or risk to the team.  

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Now I'm wondering if Oliver's statement about needing to buy socks (in 522) was an inside joke having to do with Code 8...

Oh, yeah, I'd say the sock reference is solved, lol.  

On 6/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, LeighAn said:

Why do her hands look like their 79 years old?

As an amateur photographer (very amateur) I think this is a case of horrible filter/editing.  But it's really unfortunate.  Not just a 79 year old, but a 79 year old man's hand. I didn't mind the ring from a distance, but obnoxious is a good word to describe it in that photo.  But it is her style and I probably wouldn't be calling it obnoxious if someone gave it to me.  

18 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I didn't mind the ring from a distance, but obnoxious is a good word to describe it in that photo.  But it is her style and I probably wouldn't be calling it obnoxious if someone gave it to me.  

I don't find it hideous or anything, I just think it's way, way too much for everyday wear. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't find it hideous or anything, I just think it's way, way too much for everyday wear. 

I agree.  I don't really get huge rings myself but sometimes I think they look good on others.  But yeah, usually with a specific outfit or look, not everyday.  Personally I prefer a square cut.  

8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

People sometimes get a smaller version of the ring for everyday where and whip out the big one for parties/ dates etc. 

I can understand it for someone like KC, but how much money do these people have?

New photo released from EBR's photoshoot for Mane Addicts last year.

160429-MA-EMILY-18796.jpg?format=750w

• Love 10

@bijoux you'd be surprised how into rings some ordinary people are. I used to frequent a jewellery forum and there was a "Under one carat" thread for all the smaller diamonds that people have for everyday wear.

There was also the big honker diamond thread with centre stones bigger than KC's and in much more expensive cuts. All owned by perfectly normal people.

• Love 2
(edited)

WH and PB were at Starfury: The Ultimates comic con on June 2-4. Here's the only pic that I could find of them there...

Edited by tv echo
25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

After last season I'm so suspicious everytime SA makes a joke about anything Arrow related.  *prays for another Olicity sex scene where we get a shot of Felicity's bum*

Lol.  I'm looking for Oliver's bum shot, but expecting maybe an old photograph of a bare bummed, infant William on a fuzzy rug as bait and switch.  

• Love 2

They could give us the naked silhouette of Olicity in the shower together. So not quite bare bum but almost.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They could give us the naked silhouette of Olicity in the shower together. So not quite bare bum but almost.

giphy.gif

Yes and let Felicity sing in the shower to show off EBR's voice!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yes and let Felicity sing in the shower to show off EBR's voice!!!!

I mean, I'll be perfectly content with the naked shower time but if they wanted they could have Felicity already in the shower singing and Oliver joins her (in the shower, not with the singing, haha). Then sex!

Not that I've thought about this or anything. Nope. Not me! ;P

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I mean, I'll be perfectly content with the naked shower time but if they wanted they could have Felicity already in the shower singing and Oliver joins her (in the shower, not with the singing, haha). Then sex!

Not that I've thought about this or anything. Nope. Not me! ;P

They could have the shower glass just really foggy in strategic places, right? (I might have thought about this a time or two as well)

Continuing wishes in the Hopes thread ...

• Love 3