Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Wow so defensive over a mild comment lol. People always write opinions about the show on his page and he encouraged it even the negative ones. Well he should have protected Oliver better if he had the chance like he said because I've never seen this much hate for him, not even after BM drama. 

• Love 12

This is probably a little mean but I can't feel that sorry for him. When you encourage all sorts of open dialogue on your page you take the good with the bad.

• Love 13

I can only guess that the "Oliver is dumb AF" and "Arrow sucks" is finally getting to him. He's gotten mean comments on his page before but it seems like they were always about something or somebody else on the show, i.e. Olicity or Felicity, etc. But this time? Oliver is getting socked hard with people and critics pointing out how much of a moron he is. 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

This is probably a little mean but I can't feel that sorry for him. When you encourage all sorts of open dialogue on your page you take the good with the bad.

Yeah he literally replied to disgusting hate before with stuff like thanks for being passionate and this is over the line? Doesn't make sense tbh. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Didn't he get uber defensive about BMD in 4x08? Chances are he's not loving how dumb the writers are writing Oliver either but he can't lash out at them so he's lashing out at criticism on his page.

He also could be feeling defensive given all the other stuff that's been put on his page recently- the person saying he was an acholic who is a bad father, the person earlier who said he was responsible for banning Emily from Paley etc.

But yeah he has encouraged this do he has to take his lumps *shrug*

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2

He got defensive about 4x08 because Oliver was getting attacked. Cause he was a lying lair that lies.

I think he is fully aware of how stupid Oliver is coming across over Reporter, but he doesn't want to hear it. 

It was probably easier to ignore when he could reference good ratings.

• Love 12

Yeah he got as defensive about BM drama and the hate Oliver got then too. I get he doesn't write the show but he made himself available for this type of interaction with fans and with praise comes criticism which he doesn't seem to handle well. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Besides higher ratings to fall back on, I wonder if it's easier to hear your character is a liar than a complete moron to the point that viewers are wondering what basement Real!Oliver is locked in. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 14
(edited)

Sorry, I don't feel bad for that special snow flake. You don't get to say that all opinions are welcome when they're against different characters, then throw a hissy fit when they complain about yours. LOL

Don't bite the hand that feeds you and buys your nasty ass wine. He could've been way more diplomatic, especially considering the utter trash that has been posted on his page.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 14

I am a tech moron - how can I tell the difference between tailored and real trends? I have it set to the United States. Is it the hashtag before the trend or the list of people that I follow also tweeting that clues me in?

7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I am a tech moron - how can I tell the difference between tailored and real trends? I have it set to the United States. Is it the hashtag before the trend or the list of people that I follow also tweeting that clues me in?

I do too - I don't have tailored trends on and it's showing as trending for me?

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yeah, it's weird - mine shows up like a tailored trend (it shows me who I follow is tweeting about it), but I have tailored trends turned off. Are there exceptions to that or something? Like Twitter's way of showing you what your friends are tweeting about among other legit trends?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, it's weird - mine shows up like a tailored trend (it shows me who I follow is tweeting about it), but I have tailored trends turned off. Are there exceptions to that or something? Like Twitter's way of showing you what your friends are tweeting about among other legit trends?

I Googled but couldn't find a good explanation of how to tell the difference. I think it may be when they show that your friends are tweeting, but what if it's a super popular topic that really is trending that everyone, including my friends, is tweeting about? How do I tell the difference? 

I think Tailored Trends are what you and your followers are tweeting about while trends are what's actually trending. And in the Arrow producers case they were Tailored Trends as you can see underneath the other trends were stuff the people they must follow were tweeting about.

But why a tailored trend would show up as a tailored trend when you have tailored trends turned off- that I don't know. 

1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Besides higher ratings to fall back on, I wonder if it's easier to hear your character is a liar than a complete moron to the point that viewers are wondering what basement Real!Oliver is locked in. 

I wonder what he would say to a #RescueRealOQ message on his Facebook.

Seriously, I get him being upset about the hate. But that comment seemed rather benign in comparison to what has been seen in social media and on his site before. The person was not getting personal towards him at all. Maybe he has a little difficultly separating himself from the fictional character. He's the one that has used his page for 5 years to promote Arrow, why would people think they need to take stuff other places. It's not like they said RIP SA, which would be completely out of line.

• Love 2

It was basically him asking that people not make personal attacks, which I do kind of agree with but do also admit that he's kind of contradicting himself since he even realized that most people are going to talk about Arrow on his page and that if you allow criticism some people may think that attacks are criticism or that you may think that criticism is an attack....

But his q&a is still tomorrow so I'm interested in what he might say then.

• Love 1
(edited)

He claimed on that FB live that this is the first time ever in the history of the page that it had gotten a "decidedly somewhat negative tone." He said it's "perfectly fine," acknowledged he's a public figure. He said he wanted to make sure the negative tone is not happening because of him, that he wasn't the one who brought that kind of energy that made people feel a certain way and elicited a certain reaction.

Not exactly sure what he's getting at regarding that. But no way in hell this is the first time in the history of the page that things had gotten negative there. It was a garbage fire last year when it became clear LL was gonna be dead.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 14

I think he's seeing his money maker dry up and I think he's getting nervous. And with nerves, comes over-defensive SA. This hiatus is going to be interesting on social media, shame I don't follow these Arrow people anymore.

• Love 2

Sorry but SA once told fans who sent death threats and abuse to Olicity fans to "keep on being passionate" but suddenly negativity is not welcome on his FB? IS HE SERIOUS?!

I can't with him sometimes. Actually, I can't with him about 90% of the time but that's beside the point. 

• Love 16

Yeah, it's not enticing me enough to stay. I actually think it's just a ploy to up the trending numbers.

Concurrently, I think a #RIPOliverQueen trend could have a lot of success during the next live show. It seems to have hit a powerful nerve.

(edited)

I know I shouldn't but I'm laughing at some of the responses. Actually, a lot of the responses. Nice to know I'm not alone in being totally confused by Oliver's character direction this season.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

I don't know if I saw the whole facebook live because I watched a :41 clip someone tweeted.  Anyway, there's nothing to worry about.  They have a plan.  You'd know that if you watched the prior seasons.

The idea that you should sit through 23 episodes of tv and at the end of the season go "Oh! That makes perfect sense now!" cracks me up.  Not really.  

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The idea that you should sit through 23 episodes of tv and at the end of the season go "Oh! That makes perfect sense now!" cracks me up.  Not really.  

This. I mean, do they think at end of the season people are just going to retroactively enjoy all the previous episodes they disliked because the ending was okay?

• Love 20
42 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

This. I mean, do they think at end of the season people are just going to retroactively enjoy all the previous episodes they disliked because the ending was okay?

Exactly, I might have put together the puzzle (yeah me & everybody else). But if it's a picture of a steeping piece of dung what's the point? Can't frame that.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I don't know if I saw the whole facebook live because I watched a :41 clip someone tweeted.  Anyway, there's nothing to worry about.  They have a plan.  You'd know that if you watched the prior seasons.

I know they have a plan, I'm not worried about that. The Captain of the Titanic had plan too.

• Love 5

I am seeing a lot of the super pro Olicityfans stepping out of their positivity bubble for the first time over on tumblr because this episode is pushing people over the edge.

It's hard to root for a ship that you love when one half is such a douche.

• Love 7

Yeah for me it wasn't ever really about will olicity get back together I honestly always throught they will and am pretty positive that they're not done with olicity at all. But the issue is I don't know if by the end of it I will even want my favorite character with Oliver and rn I really don't. I mean from the stupidity to the selfishness and hypocrisy he's displaying rn he doesn't really deserve her tbh. 

• Love 8