Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

lool but that could refer to her outfit being 100, the lingo the kids use these days.

I mean, she has been liking the No Laurel No Arrow tweets, so why wouldn't she treat the 100th Arrow episode like it's all about her?

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Is she liking those again?

I don't think so...? I'm not 100% sure though.

I do have a sinking suspicion that the fact that she's been mum about Arrow after she shot her episodes - that 510 is NOT going to be a good one for LL/BS. It really does seem like she's moved on and not clinging to a show that really doesn't give a damn about her character. If that's the case, good for her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

I do have a sinking suspicion that the fact that she's been mum about Arrow after she shot her episodes - that 510 is NOT going to be a good one for LL/BS. It really does seem like she's moved on and not clinging to a show that really doesn't give a damn about her character. If that's the case, good for her.

I have the same thoughts.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Maybe Black Siren gets killed off? 

ETA: And good on the Olicity fandom for trending. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm amused that the Olicity fandom decided to trend, so they did. I'm not sure it went WW, but I saw US and Canada.

That's awesome. It also makes the lack of Arrow regularly trending weekly more hilarious to me. 

• Love 16

I just read the Marc tweet haha that must have been hard for him to type out. Seriously he should have just ignored it. 

When the arrow writers get all excited about tailored trends I want reply "oh sweetheart,it's okay" haha.

3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I just saw that the Twitter trend was only made up today. Not bad.

That particular one yes but, I had many people in my DMs who orchestrated an Olicity4Ever trend for a while and was changed because the 4 wouldn't have been able to trend. But yeah, if it weren't for the bigger accounts getting into it I think we still would've trended just lower.

Edited by EmilyBettFan

It was a show of power, IMO. I don't think people were really interested in trending anything for Arrow, especially after Guggenheim's snit the other night. But something must have jolted them this morning because I started seeing the trend info getting spread around. And a lot of accounts I haven't seen in a while joined in (mine got hijacked, with permission).

• Love 11

Oh my god Manu stop. Seriously. I loved Slade but now I'm wishing he never ever comes back.

About the  credits: I thought Katie got the  same contract Barrowman did, but he got the 'Special appearance by' like Neal McDonough while she got credited among the Special Guest stars - though there must be something there, because the order was Grant, her, Susanna, and then the others listed alphabetically.

• Love 2

Is there some beef there with Manu and Arrow? Does seem strange that the show hasn't gone back to Slade, considering he's still alive in-universe. Then again with the new Batman movie, they'd probably just have to kill him off. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, loki567 said:

Is there some beef there with Manu and Arrow? Does seem strange that the show hasn't gone back to Slade, considering he's still alive in-universe. Then again with the new Batman movie, they'd probably just have to kill him off. 

MG has mentioned before that the didn't like the way the show treated his character (I think it was about his return in the 3rd season where he fought with Thea). He's been salty every since. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You know, I've realized that as much as I may not like Curtis like I did last season, I do love EK on social media and maybe for that alone, I want him to hang around as long as possible. 

he's a gem...the writers need to do better by him cause I don't want to lose Echo.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Guggs is at it again. Man, even when they put Olicity back together this dude is gonna be so petty and shortchange them, isn't he? 

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 10.41.14 AM.png

This dude will never learn, will he? Somebody take his social media accounts away! Stat. 

ETA: also LOL @ Manu Bennett. What a lovely gentleman.

Edited by RussianRoulette
  • Love 5

So, basically the shipper 'folks' cannot accept that everyone watches for different reasons? Which one could reply to by saying that not everyone watches for comic canon. But that is probably not the accept interpretation.

What I don't understand is why they cannot phrase it nicely? 'Even though everyone watches for different things, we all should appreciate that the show has highlights for everyone' - or something along those lines. It always sounds friendly but it really is just accusing people of not being able to get over it.

I mean, what are they trying to achieve? I remember MG actively pandering to those nasty shippers to buy his book.... I guess if there is something in it, they can fall back onto these idiots. Other people would be happy that they have such a 'passionate' (his words) fanbase that creates the buzz. Maybe people would be not so on their case if they weren't constantly dismissed as some sort of crazy people. Many probably don't want the super happy ending right away. They just want a story they recognize and root for. In whatever small portions that may be. At least that is the feeling I get. But they get nothing and get talked about in a dismissive manner over and over again. That is why they are as mad or as disappointed as they are. At least, that is what I believe.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

he's a gem...the writers need to do better by him cause I don't want to lose Echo.

Well if Felicity keeps getting sidelined like last night because of Curtis I am all for kicking him to the curb!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Marc has clearly figured out that marginalizing and attacking shippers ups social media buzz and engagement among the shippers, and so will probably keep doing it.

Manu is such a weirdo.

Ding ding ding! MG is the epitome of a shit stirrer! 

Manu Bennett is such an odd individual. Charming, really. Like dude is so butt hurt over a storyline he can't let go years later. Wtf. But since his career is going so well I understand him being petty.

Oh, wait. 

LOLOLOL 

ETA: I don't quite understand how SA keep following him on SM  when the guy is continuously pissing on his show. Boggles my mind. 

Edited by RussianRoulette
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Marc has clearly figured out that marginalizing and attacking shippers ups social media buzz and engagement among the shippers, and so will probably keep doing it.

I don't see how that's useful though? I mean, maybe yesterday because shippers were basically goaded into trending for Olicity, but most of the angry responses he gets after saying something dumb don't include tagging the show, or even include the name of the show, and it seems to discourage people from tuning in instead of inciting them to hate-watch. I'm just not sure that engagement makes any difference to Arrow's social media stats - again with yesterday's trend being an outlier. Those Neilsen Twitter rankings that get posted only seem to count tweets with the show title included, so I'm not sure using Olicity to trend helps the show stats either.

• Love 5