Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not that I want any Arrow interviews to be released - AT ALL - but I think it's funny that a reporter from Entertainment Tonight is tweeting about Flash spoilers she got...at a party she attended for Arrow, haha. And nothing about Arrow btw. 

That one and the other reporter who only took photos with Flash stars and posted one of the cast(s) from the carpets tagging Arrow last.

• Love 1

I understand all the bts reasoning and that this party wasn't for fans at all, but I can also see, as a fan, that damn, Arrow's 100th can't even be about Arrow. Just one more clue this isn't the show I began watching, even if it's a not a valid opinion and is based more on emotion than facts. And then I get that look on my face that Steve did in that interview when he was talking about Arrow 100 being part of the crossover.  

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That one and the other reporter who only took photos with Flash stars and posted one of the cast(s) from the carpets tagging Arrow last.

That's the guy from TV Guide, I think. Don't journalistic standards frown on taking selfies with your interviewees? 

Yes, the 100th episode is also a crossover so all of the DC TV actors were always going to be there. That's cool. I have no issue with everyone being there. But it's still Arrow's 100th and the cast should have been given the spotlight - alone - for a little while. Like, just bring on the Arrow cast first, let the reporters ask their questions and take some pictures. THEN bring on everyone else from the DC TV universe. It's really not that difficult. I feel like a child could figure out this crap. 

Ah well. I hope the cast had a good time at least.

Edited by Guest
17 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That's the guy from TV Guide, I think. Don't journalistic standards frown on taking selfies with your interviewees? 

There's always been this weird line in entertainment journalism, where a lot of reporters are very chummy with network and studio folks, celebrities, etc. Only way you can get access for many. There's also, for many, not really hardcore digging and reporting. They're mouthpieces basically. Folks from TV Line, TV Guide, etc., I don't put them under the label "journalists" in the real sense even though I'm sure they call themselves that. 

Political reporters would never get selfies with Clinton and Trump (not if you still want to be respected in your newsroom), but selfies with interviewees, par for the course in entertainment journalism.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

None of the other Arrowverse shows have made it to 100 freaking episodes.  Let ARROW have it's major milestone to it's own damn self.  Arrow may have launched a thousand ships but this party is for ARROW, the entire legacy of the show and should honor its past as much as it's present.  I don't think these photos have done that which really bothers me. The  heart and soul of the show is Original Team Arrow.  There is a way to do these group photos that keeps the focus on Oliver/OTA 

I understand if other cast members could or did not want to attend but for those that were there, IMO, SA rightfully should be in the center of every group photo with EBR and DR with OTA +Thea, + PB, KC, CL and EPS and everyone else after that

The message I'm getting, intentionally or not, is that the past doesn't matter to the DC/WB. Maybe I shouldn't care about it's future since the network can't even properly honor it's past IMO.  /Rant over.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Has this been posted? Sorry if it has.

Has CH's hair always been that dark?

It's been darker for a few months.   Since he dyed it back from the platinum for the Tyler Shields book. 

22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

There is a way to do these group photos that keeps the focus on Oliver/OTA 

I understand if other cast members could or did not want to attend but for those that were there, IMO, SA rightfully should be in the center of every group photo with EBR and DR with OTA +Thea, + PB, KC, CL and EPS and everyone else after that

We get to dictate photo ops now?? For a cast/crew/corporate party?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Opinions = dictating?  That's new. 

But yeah, if it were up to me, yup, that's what I would have done. I'm happy to stand by my dictatorial stance as a loyal Arrow viewer from the first moment this show aired.

(@catrox14, wish I could heart this a billion times!)

I agree. As an Arrow fan, I definitely feel like using

Spoiler

"Invasion!"

for the 100th episode title couldn't be more on the nose. I mean, that theme is playing out for Arrow on screen and behind the scenes. Just ugh.

• Love 14

Caity is the only LOT cast member in the main picture so I don't know why people keep saying LOT.  Caity is a former Arrow cast member. And the fandom got super nasty to her last night. I'm sorry but I can't take anybody serious anymore. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Opinions = dictating?  That's new. 

But yeah, if it were up to me, yup, that's what I would have done, especially since this was supposed to be ARROW's 100th episode. Not the Flash or LoT's 100th.  I'm happy to stand by my dictatorial stance as a loyal Arrow viewer from the first moment this show aired

I don't think because a specific set of actors didn't get a specific photo means this whole thing is a FAIL. Arrow got to 100 episodes! They got a party! With an Arrow cake! With the cast! Yay! This is a WIN.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Caity is the only LOT cast member in the main picture so I don't know why people keep saying LOT.  Caity is a former Arrow cast member. And the fandom got super nasty to her last night. I'm sorry but I can't take anybody serious anymore. 

I'm not sure if you are directing this towards me or not but FTR I included CL in my first comment about the pictures. As an ARROW fan, I feel protective of ARROW's 100th episode/party. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Woah whoever took that picture needs to have their camera adjusted MM looks like a ghost. 

I think whoever did her makeup used one either foundation or powder that reacts to flash photography. I was looking at the red carpet high res pics, and her face looks super white in all of them. :/

15 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't think because a specific set of actors didn't get a specific photo means this whole thing is a FAIL. Arrow got to 100 episodes! They got a party! With an Arrow cake! With the cast! Yay! This is a WIN.

And when they look back on the event, the only photos they'll have with the cake and the cast will include "dude that was on one episode before the party happened" but not one of the EPs because  it was so crowded only can only WM's head could be seen. Yay!

I don't understand why expecting some modicum of organization at a corporate event is unreasonable.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Also does anyone believe that Joe/Ragman is 32!?  Wtf.   I have to start taking care of myself. 

Wait, he's 32? He looks like a kid! Wow

2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think whoever did her makeup used one either foundation or powder that reacts to flash photography. I was looking at the red carpet high res pics, and her face looks super white in all of them. :/

Interesting, didn't think about that.

2dkk60h.jpg 

I wonder if Caity showed up a little tipsy tip since she it seems like she was kissing everyone lol.

tumblr_ofiijw71do1rylbvbo1_1280.jpg

I wonder if they are going to try to get Boomerang back on either show. But for the most part Katrina was probably best dressed.

And I am kind of surprised that no interviews have come out yet (probably because its Sunday but whatevs) 

• Love 1

I have always been of the opinion that, if it were not for EBR/Felicity, Arrow would not have made it to 100 episodes. So, yes, it annoys me when Emily appears to have been shoved off to the side in those "cast" pics.

From the 100th Episode party pics, you could never tell that DR and EBR were and are essential to the show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 21

Longtime lurker

These pics are a mess haha. Gave up on the show during season 3 then came back and am all caught up.  I think the flash cast was very respectful;I didnt see Grant, Candice, Danielle etc all up in the middle of all the pics. the OTA really shouldve been in the middle of all the pics but I think Emily and David are just too chill to care to fight for a spot up front. Also, I feel like stephen and emily try not to take too many pics together and avoid each other when cameras are around because of the RL shipping. Happened to a ship of mine on another show and it feels like the same has happened with the leads of this show, which is unfortunate for fans. JMO I havent been that involved with the Arrow fandom to know how bad the RL shipping was. But I honestly think the actors themselves are partly responsible for these pics being a mess.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, way2interested said:

Well, to be fair, it's probably hard finding the least interesting photos taken for the episode that don't feature main characters other than Oliver.

Considering how last episode left Dig and Felicity, I doubt that's the case. Even Lance was put in a new role that opens storyline possibilities for him.

1 hour ago, tarotx said:

I finally saw a picture of Neal, David Nykl, Mark, Wendy and the Noobs walking the carpet. Stephen's wife looked really pretty in red as well.

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/arrow/gallery0/gallery1/gallery.htm

I was on board until I noticed she had a red jumpsuit with pants legs about five inches too long. Hem to save a life! But she does look good in red.

• Love 1

I don't think EBR was shoved to the side that's where she gravitated toward. Even Colton changed positions to be up front for a few pictures. I think it's her shyness. The cast should have got drunk before the party again-like they did at s4 wrap. 

Edited by tarotx

I had to delete a few posts. If you all want to discuss the social media of this Arrow cast party for 8 million pages, that's what this thread is for, but you don't get to snipe at each other while doing it. If you can't agree, move on.

• Love 1

Oh, there totally wasn't anyone there to organize the picture taking. That's the most glaring thing for me. Was Chico even there?

I've attended a tv show party that had a celebratory cake. This was a huge ensemble cast of like, 20 people, and what the publicists did was they set up time before the party actually started to pose the actors with the cake in several different combinations. And they didn't even cut the cake for real then, that only happened at the end of the party. But you need to have actual publicists on top of things for this to happen, and clearly it isn't the case with Arrow, like, ever.

• Love 18
Just now, dtissagirl said:

Oh, there totally wasn't anyone there to organize the picture taking. That's the most glaring thing for me. Was Chico even there?

I've attended a tv show party that had a celebratory cake. This was a huge ensemble cast of like, 20 people, and what the publicists did was they set up time before the party actually started to pose the actors with the cake in several different combinations. And they didn't even cut the cake for real then, that only happened at the end of the party. But you need to have actual publicists on top of things for this to happen, and clearly it isn't the case with Arrow, like, ever.

Yes lol

EBR is so laid back, unless they position her in a specific spot, being in the middle would be the last thing on her mind. But it took all these people to get to this point so their positioning isn't uber important to me. Show is named Arrow after all so SA is probably the only one who needs to be in the middle.

On 10/12/2016 at 5:32 PM, calliope1975 said:

It would be petty to unfollow, right? 

This inspired me to unfollow both Arrow & Arrow Writers Room.  I have not been on Twitter at all really this TV season. But this was a genius idea of protest that I just wasn't thinking about. So THANKS :)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Considering how last episode left Dig and Felicity, I doubt that's the case. Even Lance was put in a new role that opens storyline possibilities for him.

Ha, that's why I was joking that the promo pics weren't released yet, because they're probably pics of Diggle or Felicity with their plots and would be actually interesting to see, rather than 503's pics (which were pretty boring and one even having the bf for his lone scene) or to a lesser extent 502's and 501's (which, imo were pretty standard non-exciting photos most of which we'd already seen in promos/s5). Most of them only focus on Oliver, which is fine since he is the lead and the episodes did revolve around him, but since 504 looks like it might give some plot to Diggle/Felicity instead, Chico might have a hard time releasing photos that focus on them.

• Love 2

Suzanne apparently only has one hour a week dedicated to Arrow PR. This week she spent that hour organizing the party. If she had turned some attention into releasing episode stills for 504, maybe the cake wouldn't have gotten ordered or something.

There were jokes last season that would Arrow get less PR after BC/LL left the show because Suzanne's fav wouldn't be around anymore. I didn't really believe that would happen, but here we are.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

EBR is so laid back, unless they position her in a specific spot, being in the middle would be the last thing on her mind. But it took all these people to get to this point so their positioning isn't uber important to me. Show is named Arrow after all so SA is probably the only one who needs to be in the middle.

I've seen this expressed a few times now, but I think that it's incongruous with how EBR acts at big events like SDCC. We had a gazillion pics from SDCC in which EBR was hamming it up with her Arrow cast mates, and she was frequently in the center of group pics. So, even if she is more laid back than some of the other people from other shows in the center of these pics from Arrow's 100th episode party, she's no shrinking violet content to chill on the periphery. She's the leading lady, the LI, and a member of OTA.

And as much as these others played a part in Arrow during its run to 100 episodes, the fans have played the biggest part.  If it weren't for us, the show wouldn't have had such consistent ratings for its first 4 seasons, it wouldn't have trended on Twitter nearly every week, its main couple wouldn't have won fandom awards multiple years in a row, it wouldn't have enjoyed millions of dollars worth of free publicity--so it wouldn't likely have made it to its 100th episode. Our interest--whether we're shippers, comic fanboys/fangirls, Katie Cassidy fans, or we're just plain goofy for Oliver Queen--is what drives the whole entertainment enterprise. Our disinterest is already being felt in S5, so it isn't like there aren't consequences for pissing us off.

I'd think that Arrow fans deserve to have the core cast from Arrow (SA, DR, EBR, KC, WH, and PB) and the EPs at the center of this event. JB would have belonged there, too, had he been there.  Ultimately, the people in charge of the event are to blame, but I seriously side-eye guests from other shows who gravitated toward the center of pictures. I like the comparison to blowing out the candles at someone else's birthday party. I think a wedding is a good comparison, too (every wedding is approached as a celebration of a once-in-a-lifetime event). I mean, as much as my family helped make me who I am, they didn't help cut the cake at my wedding, and they didn't jump into pics reserved for the bride and groom.  

Oh, well.  Like the BMD, the erasure of Sara Diggle, and Felicity grabbing some Mayo from the very back of the pantry during hiatus, this party just re-emphasizes how painful being an Arrow fan can be.

• Love 21
39 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Oh, well.  Like the BMD, the erasure of Sara Diggle, and Felicity grabbing some Mayo from the very back of the pantry during hiatus, this party just re-emphasizes how painful being an Arrow fan can be.

Some days, I think the painful journey is intentional. Our frustrations are our Island. Perhaps, once a week I should have a voiceover monologue reminding me of who I am and how I got to this place.

• Love 20

Our interest--whether we're shippers, comic fanboys/fangirls, Katie Cassidy fans, or we're just plain goofy for Oliver Queen--is what drives the whole entertainment enterprise. Our disinterest is already being felt in S5, so it isn't like there aren't consequences for pissing us off.

Except this fan is very much enjoying season 5 and interested so far, and I have seen plenty of online positive feedback for the season. So its not all bleak on the show. I think 4B was the worst in terms of disinterest and negative feedback. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Except this fan is very much enjoying season 5 and interested so far, and I have seen plenty of online positive feedback for the season. So its not all bleak on the show. I think 4B was the worst in terms of disinterest and negative feedback. 

Empirically, the quantitative data of ratings, number of tweets, etc. clearly point to fans' declining interest. Qualitative data from a case study (your view of the show) or posts to online forums don't drive the entertainment enterprise, or the business in show business.

Edited by EmeraldArcher
Because fan's and fans' are not the same, obviously.
  • Love 12