Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

That photo of Stephen jumping the shark dolphin made me spit out my breakfast.

Also love JB and EBR snogging in every photo: never stop being yourselves, it's hilarious. Glad the cast look so happy.

• Love 4

He did do a lot of campaigning in SE Asia over the break for his charity, didn't he? Might be just tired from all the travelling.  He seems to have been pretty quiet on Twitter too lately.

12 minutes ago, jb0495 said:

I have nothing against KC.  I think she got screwed over by a combination of being miscast and terrible writing.  I can't imagine what it's like to be cast as the lead in a show and have your position diminished and eventually be killed off.  I felt sympathy for her, but I just don't like the character Laurel. 

Spoiler

I hate that this contract means Laurel will make a return. I hope it's in flashbacks only.

• Love 8
(edited)

So much content, so little time! :D

Also, for some reason I've always thought that those video interviews they made with the cast with the SDCC logo on the background were held outside and were a different thing from the interviews in the press room - like a red carpet of sorts. And now I just found out that they're filmed in the press room and my life will never be the same again. :p

Edited by looptab
(edited)

What a difference in SA's body language for this SDCC compared to previous years. At the IGN interview with KC he had his arms crossed and his head down, this year with DR and EBR he had his arms on the table and he was joking and laughing. Then he crashes CL's interview and has some fun with her. You can really tell when SA genuinely likes his coworkers and when he doesn't. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

What a difference in SA's body language for this SDCC compared to previous years. At the IGN interview with KC he had his arms crossed and his head down, this year with DR and EBR he had his arms on the table and he was joking and laughing. Then he crashes CL's interview and has some fun with her. You can really tell when SA genuinely likes his coworkers and when he doesn't. 

This Con was so welcome. I still cringe thinking about some of last years super awkward moments. 

5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

CoI5Y0lWAAA3thF.jpg

David with the smolder! 

• Love 9

Last year's con was overshadowed by the fact that the cast knew that one of them was definitely going to die. Despite what we may think, it does appear that the cast at least likes each other enough that someone getting offed is not a pleasant thing to think about. I can also imagine if you weren't SA (or whoever got the early info), having to do tons of press for a job you might not have next year must have been a little less of a joyous experience.

This year its going back to basics, which they seem more receptive to. It also feels like they had more time to go to the Con, they all seem a little more rested and not straight from set to tarmac to con.

• Love 1

I don't know. I think I have to disagree. The cast seemed stiff last year. If you look at the photos it was like the cast was told where to stand. KC never left SA side. It was weird. 

Plus the whole EW interview with Canary v BC awkwardness. That had nothing to do with who was in the grave. 

• Love 6

It's moments like this that I regret being away from the board at the time of SDCC last year. I just watched the interviews like in September, and apparently I missed all the gold!

I can't believe one person makes the difference between their behavior then and their behavior now. Was all the interviews that referenced BC v. Canary mega awkward, yea - but that is because most of them included KC, who is a mega awkward interviewee.

It is what it is, I don't read much behind photo stances at cons like these. It's a glorified & intensified press junket. Most of their interviews last year were also spent defending s3, which could not have been fun. Perhaps they just had more to drink this year. Maybe the weather is better. Maybe they all got laid recently.

There could be a million reasons the pics looked looser this season. If people want to think its all because KC was not there, then that's their prerogative. I tend to think that its a variety of reasons mostly related to the fact that they all seem to be looking fwd to this season, no one is definitely dead yet and they are most likely headed to syndication which means $$ for a long time. They also have spent a lot of their off time doing cons together in Europe or HVFF, so maybe some of that camaraderie is also showing.

• Love 1
(edited)

No spoilers in this half of the Arrow panel (includes Arrow cast singing Hamilton and Happy Birthday to EBR) - still waiting for video of the full panel to be posted on youtube...

SDCC 2016 - The Arrow Panel Q&A
Published on Jul 24, 2016, by Cloud9Life

Edited by tv echo

SA mentioned something about being a faster runner than Grant Gustin in his Nerd HQ panel today. What's important here is that GG responded pretty quickly and I find it super cute.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is there anything of note in the autograph signing video? I don't feel like spending 11 and a half minutes watching them just sign things.

IIRC, there are no spoilers or any significant info given, but I always enjoy watching the cast interact in a fun way.

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is there anything of note in the autograph signing video? I don't feel like spending 11 and a half minutes watching them just sign things.

There's a fun bit at the very beginning where David and Emily take a photo together (on David's phone, so I'm waiting for that to show up on his Instagram) and Stephen is behind them. I don't know if he was trying to photo bomb them or give someone bunny ears, LOL!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2
(edited)

SA's Nerd HQ conversation from this morning (warning: includes spoilery info - he repeated some of the stuff that he said in some SDCC media interviews posted in the Spoilers thread)...

Nerd HQ 2016: A Conversation with Stephen Amell (#2)
Published on Jul 24, 2016, by The Nerd Machine

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Echo has a pretty nice voice

Makes me want to see Hamilton even more now...damn stupid sold out show

I've been singing this "da da da da daaa" all day. I want to see it, and I can't. Is it coming out on DVD? Haha.

I'm hoping now that most of the originals have left and it's getting ready to open up in Chicago/go on a tour that the ticket availability will loosen up a bit. I had tickets for a show at the end of last month and for one brief, feverish moment I considered selling them, but I'm glad I didn't. It's such a great play. 

I love how into it the cast is, haha.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The picture has people from DC, Marvel, the Whedonverse, and Harry Potter.  If they'd managed to get someone from Star Trek in there is would have been the platonic ideal of a Comic Con tweet.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 14