Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

A bit more clarification, that person doesn't know Emily's schedule and is making assumptions. All she knows is that David and Emily are working today.

Thank you for the clarification, it's very important to stem bullshit off at the pass or else it runs rampant 

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

A bit more clarification, that person doesn't know Emily's schedule and is making assumptions. All she knows is that David and Emily are working today. Plus David has a panel tomorrow so he has to be there, and it's definitely possible him and Emily will go to SDCC together. 

What does this mean for the Nerd HQ panel? Not really sure. Hopefully they make it. 

But even moreso, I hope we're getting Delicity scenes if they're the two who are left filming :)

Ah I didn't know she was making assumptions, my mistake. I saw it on my timeline and thought I would share. 

They did have EBR miss SDCC a previous year, and it would not surprise me if they pushed the newbies this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, and EBR will be at the panel. 

1 minute ago, HighHopes said:

Ah I didn't know she was making assumptions, my mistake. I saw it on my timeline and thought I would share. 

They did have EBR miss SDCC a previous year, and it would not surprise me if they pushed the newbies this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, and EBR will be at the panel. 

She was filming in S3 that's why she missed the Friday Arrow Panel, KC was also filming that day.

If we want to get into the nitty gritty, KC was filming the Friday of SDCC 2013 and, EBR was sent down along with SA to do Friday media interviews  (TV Line, ComicBook Resources). 

(edited)

Ugh, when Stephen mentioned they were having a short week this week, I thought they were working in order to get everyone at SDCC by today.

Anyway, what's usually in schedule on Thursday? I get that he has Conan, but the others?  Didn't they usually go there on Friday?

Edited by looptab
(edited)

I flew from NJ to AZ on pretty much that exact plane back in April. Best flight ever, so relaxing. I laid out on the couch and watched Ted.

The Bathroom is a thing of beauty

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Looks like they're on their way to SDCC together :)

It seems as though WH wasn't on the private jet. It was actually Chyler Leigh

YAY!

EBR looks so freakin' young! I'm always amazed at the difference between the youthful, chilling-with-friends EBR and the CEO/Bitch with WiFi/Hero-Whisperer Felicity! 

Can't wait for EBR's insights into S5--she's generally pretty articulate during interviews and is refreshingly direct about her character.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm loving seeing WH/EBR pictures again. Feels like it's been forever since they took pics together, huh.

They're fearless, awesome women who wear white t-shirts when traveling and scarfing down burritos. ;-) 

It is good to see them together again. I can't wait for EBR/DR photos--I look forward to them more than I do SA/EBR pics.

20 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

They're fearless, awesome women who wear white t-shirts when traveling and scarfing down burritos. ;-) 

It is good to see them together again. I can't wait for EBR/DR photos--I look forward to them more than I do SA/EBR pics.

I'm actually looking forward to all of the pictures this year for, you know, reasons. LOL. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It amuses me that you guys think this is genuine and not him playing the part...

Who said we thought it was genuine? I don't care if it's real or not. Play the part. That's what I want. LOL.

• Love 12

Didn't take them long to upload the interview from Conan.

Also, a bit pissed cause literally half the interview the camera only focused on Conan, Grant and Melissa. Most questions were for Grant, with a couple thrown in for Melissa and like one or two directed at Stephen and even then they were questions he asked G & M too.

• Love 2

Was SA always meant to be on Conan? Because initially they only announced MB and GG. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't actually supposed to be there, hence less questions? IDK. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think he wasn't, I guess they saw fan reaction and decided to invite him to the party after-all.
but still, a good interviewer (which I believe conan is to a degree) should be able to add or replace some of the questions to fit all of them.. maybe i'm being cynic but, this feels like a deliberate snub. in the sense of: we didn't want your here, we're gonna tolerate your presence but don't expect much.

Seriously look at Stephen body language.. very defensive, very uncomfortable... his body language is screaming that he can sense that he is unwelcomed. :-/

Edited by foreverevolving

Fairly positive Conan couldn't care less about BTS CW working. I don't think he was trying to snub anyone. He was giving the attention to the parties the network wanted to promote, he was doing his job.

Personally, I just love that fan reaction was so big it got SA/Arrow on the show. 

• Love 19

After all the (imo) downplaying, I find it bemusing that they won the award and he showed up to the event to accept it. 

And can I just say that Grant has such a cute smile. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed the interview quite a bit.  I didn't get the sense that SA was being snubbed at all.  But, I haven't been following the BTS stuff as closely as others, so I didn't have any expectations.

I loved SA's response about auditioning for Arrow and stubbornness being OQ's super power!  This little spin on how he got the part (by refusing to leave) was pretty fun.

And, wow, is GG ever a cutie.  He seemed the most nervous during the interview, and I thought it was adorable how he pointed out that he wouldn't wear a t-shirt beside SA because of SA's impressive physique. It seems like GG likes SA and might even consider him a mentor and friend, so I wonder how he feels about having the far more popular show.  GG just comes across as very humble and sweet.

I've not seen an interview with MB before, but I love her unrestrained laughter.

• Love 8
(edited)

To me it looked like SA checked out when the questions weren't directed straight at him. Oh, you're asking them? I'm just gonna catch a few zzzzs then. Whoever came up with the idea of him accepting the award with a fan is a genius. Great move.

regarding the award,

EBR also retweeted that first one.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It amuses me that you guys think this is genuine and not him playing the part...

If playing the part means that he acts like he appreciates the fans and their efforts instead of being dismissive, then I don't care if it's genuine. He can be whatever he wants privately.

• Love 11
(edited)

Stephen has the worst poker face (need I remind you of that interview where he was told that the interviewer still believes L/O are soulmates and brought up Raylicity?). To me he seems to genuinely be enjoying himself with the whole MTV thing and Conan etc.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 17

I don't care if SA is just smiling and doing his part but if he is doing a good job. But I think he's genuinely excited about the Fandom Award. Either way, he IS making an effort. I too loved his story about his audition and that Oliver is stubborn. I got a kick out of that. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So, basically the monkey needs to dance to your tune. That's fair.

I was one of the people saying that he shouldn't have to do photoshoots because he didn't like them and that he should promote the show in the manner that he wants to, so I don't know where this is coming from. Personally, I think his enthusiasm is genuine. Stephen has shown that he's super competitive and likes to win. He promoted the contest on FB and Twitter, fans won it for him, and now he's showing his appreciation. Even if he's just playing the part, I appreciate that he's making an effort. 

I was one of the people that voted in the contest, without any expectations except just to prove we could win it, so I'd really like to be able enjoy this nice bonus thing that happened. Please.

• Love 9
(edited)

I thought the Conan interview was pretty balanced. SA only fell out of frame for a little bit when they were focusing on MB, so for me that was ok because it was probably a camera issue. He asked them each questions. I wasn't a huge fan of some of SAs answers only because I don't think they had the same charm/appeal as they could have had. I wasn't a fan of the "stubborn" answer because it was a perfect opportunity for him to say how OQ doesn't need a superpower to be a superhero. Also being stubborn is SA's superpower, not OQs. I personally think the GG question about running was more to give Conan an opportunity to make a physical gag. It was more about him than GG. I did like the smolder bits. Having a trio interview was always going to be a little awkward, especially when its 2 of the cutest cotton candy like actors and a gruffy SA.

I do like the SA seems to be embracing the fandom in a more positive way again. I do think its genuine. I do think even if it is not, he needs to play the part. Comic-Con and the surrounding events are about the fans, so its the time to check your attitude at the door, which I think he has.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Do I think SA was reluctant to embrace it all, the ship stuff, the whole thing? Absolutely. But he seemed genuinely happy and like he was having a good time last night. He's terrible at faking it when he isn't happy about something - this year's Upfronts and the 2014 IGN interview with KC come to mind - but last night he genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself. I for one am going to enjoy that positivity, which I believe was genuine from SA's side, because let's face it, there hasn't been much on this board lately.

• Love 20
47 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I for one am going to enjoy that positivity, which I believe was genuine from SA's side, because let's face it, there hasn't been much on this board lately.

There hasn't been much positivity on the board bc there hasn't been much positivity from THE SHOW or SA. Negativity doesn't birth itself.

Glad last night was fun.

• Love 2
(edited)

Media interview with Blake Neely at SDCC yesterday...

Blake Neely Interview 2016
Published on Jul 22, 2016, by Lost Anarchy Magazine 

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Shocker - Arrow is in the middle (from yesterday)...

That looks like an actual thought out design choice to me. It's sort of a design rule that you should position pictures of people who aren't looking straight ahead in a way that makes them look into the frame, not out of it. Melissa and Grant are placed like this, heads turned into the image. The dude looking straight forward goes in the middle because the composition works better like that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

I would definitely argue differently, but I don't want to get modded, so I'm just going to agree to disagree.

We are allowed to debate without being modded. That's part of the point of the board. So I'm curious as to what positivity you were seeing from the show until this week. SA was being a jerk on social media

Spoiler

DR just started filming and so likely has no new scenes in the sizzle reel, Olicity are broken up STILL and just good friends, there are newbies galore, and Laurel Lance is so important she has her own statue.

• Love 2