Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Off topic, but I had been wondering about weird BTS stuff possibly happening over on Sleepy Hollow, and now I'm just...hmmm.  If anyone's heard anything (involving cast members), please let me know in the Small Talk thread :)   

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

Huh. It never occurred to me that was KC. I saw a lot of people speculate that it was Nicole Beharie, what with that thing about her biting her stylist.

I always thought it was Halle Berry.

The thing that makes me doubt it's KC is that they stop filming in April. What could she have been doing that would piss off the anyone working on Arrow between April and June? Maybe doing shady things at the upfronts in May?

Oh trust me, it's her. It has nothing to do with upfronts or anything in public but there's a ton of things that goes on behind the scenes between April-June including (but not limited too) setting up the next season.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Speaking of - are they already planning season 5, or are they on a break and resume on their "writers' retreat"?

(Don't mean to derail the convo, I swear) :)

Edited by looptab

Speaking of - are they already planning season 5, or are they on a break and resume on their "writers' retreat"?

They're planning S5 they have to since the need to propose the next season to the CW (and get approval) before Upfronts.

I always thought that as producers you have to pitch the overall story arc that you are thinking of to the network after you are done with the season. At least that was the impression I got. I could be wrong though, but I always thought that this was how the network is involved to some extent. They want to know your ideas...

Huh. It never occurred to me that was KC. I saw a lot of people speculate that it was Nicole Beharie, what with that thing about her biting her stylist.

Wait, what? I'm a huge SH person and I never heard anything about that. Do you have a link to the deets so I don't gum up the Arrow thread with SH gossip?

I could see Beharie telling the show to F/ off after the treatment she and her character got in s2...but that's a different thing. 

Wait, what? I'm a huge SH person and I never heard anything about that. Do you have a link to the deets so I don't gum up the Arrow thread with SH gossip?

I could see Beharie telling the show to F/ off after the treatment she and her character got in s2...but that's a different thing.

Posting link in Quiver
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'll post some links in the Small Talk thread.

ETA: Or Morrigan2535 will. :)

Oh trust me, it's her. It has nothing to do with upfronts or anything in public but there's a ton of things that goes on behind the scenes between April-June including (but not limited too) setting up the next season.

But here's the thing I don't get. Ausiello posted an update later basically saying he wasn't going to talk about that Blind Item anymore because the person in question scared him. Why would he be scared of KC?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I'll post some links in the Small Talk thread.

ETA: Or Morrigan2535 will. :)

But here's the thing I don't get. Ausiello posted an update later basically saying he wasn't going to talk about that Blind Item anymore because the person in question scared him. Why would he be scared of KC?

I seriously doubt he's scared of anyone. I just assumed it was his normal (not really funny) way of passing it off because he didn't want to out/reveal the actor.

Ausi/TV Line are basically PR for networks and CW has a really strong relationship with TV Line (probably because they're both small fish in a big pond). I doubt he'll reveal anything unless CW/WB gives him the OK and I only see that happening of KC pisses them off (i.e. goes off script and starts making claims that hurt Arrow, CW, WB in some fashion). If KC keeps to the good little PR routine about happy Arrow family then it'll never come out. If KC starts shading the actors/show/network (in media/interviews) they'll release the dogs and Ausi will bring it back up.

• Love 2

The Arrow set seems like a really happy place. Probably because they've only got a couple weeks left before summer vacation.

I had the same thought...

Marc apparently answered this fan on Tumblr chat regarding KC's head canon: 

CfkIqGsXEAAsRm0.jpg

From this Twitter

Yeah but the way he wrote it was sort of cruel. He let Katie have her "Oliver is the love of Laurel's life" moment/comment, however, he didn't let her have Oliver return that sentiment. I think that was his own little jab, probably because she was still out there saying crap like that when she already knew that was NOT the direction the show was EVER going to go again! 

• Love 5

It's kind of funny Marc even answered that question in that regard, pointing out he just wrote the scene. Considering how the scene went down, with it being a death bed final scene.

When would 418 have been written? The IGN interview was published on Feb 2, but IIRC, the actual interview happened way before that, based on a tweet by that reporter.

If Marc was writing the scene on Feb 10 [per the screenshot posted above], that was definitely after the interview. And 2 days before 418 started shooting. Very late addition to the script.

I'm willing to believe they wanted to give this one to KC. I just can't decide if it's a parting gift, or a don't let the door hit you. It could go either way.

• Love 10

Maybe that's when they received final permission on who is in the grave, and he could write those lines when he couldn't before.

They told KC when they were up in Vancouver at the end of January. That would have been 2-3 weeks before this post and they definitely had approval before they told her.

If Marc was writing the scene on Feb 10 [per the screenshot posted above], that was definitely after the interview. And 2 days before 418 started shooting. Very late addition to the script.

I'm willing to believe they wanted to give this one to KC. I just can't decide if it's a parting gift, or a don't let the door hit you. It could go either way.

Oh, oops. Somehow I missed the part where he said he had just written the scene.

It does seem more likely that the script was mostly written, and after breaking the news to KC, they got some input from her. Or MG read her headcanon in the interview.

Oh so we can blame both KC and MG for that hot mess? Good to know. LOL.

Seriously though, not sure how that proves it was KC's idea, even though I do think it was and they let her have input. I just wouldn't take that as definitive proof, is all.

She wouldn't have to go to them about putting it in if they wanted to let her have it. She's talked about it to the point where the writers had to know she felt that way. I mean, if they did let her have it, they pretty much did it in the worst way possible since she laid her whole heart out on the line and Oliver was like, "Why are you doing this?" and he didn't reciprocate in any way, not even when everyone else told her they loved her.

How ironic we are talking about this when Sleepy Hollow did what they did tonight. 

Nicole Beharie and KC's characters are both killed off the same week. 

• Love 1

She wouldn't have to go to them about putting it in if they wanted to let her have it. She's talked about it to the point where the writers had to know she felt that way. I mean, if they did let her have it, they pretty much did it in the worst way possible since she laid her whole heart out on the line and Oliver was like, "Why are you doing this?" and he didn't reciprocate in any way, not even when everyone else told her they loved her.

As long as she didn't go to them and ask for it or suggest it to them, ill be ok. Even if they put it in there because they heard her talking about it then they need to learn to not take their actors ideas to heart, that's how Amell ended up sleeveless. 

Oh so we can blame both KC and MG for that hot mess? Good to know. LOL.

Seriously though, not sure how that proves it was KC's idea, even though I do think it was and they let her have input. I just wouldn't take that as definitive proof, is all.

I'm just struck by how similar the bullet points are in both the death speech and the interview-- 1) Laurel is happy for Felicity and Oliver 2) Sometimes you don't end up with the love of your life and she's come to peace with that 3) Oliver is the love of Laurel's life. You're right, It's not definitive proof. But the timing is interesting.

Or maybe it was just us Olicity 'shippers that wrote the scene, sent it to MG, and forced him to put it into the script. We're that powerful, you know. Muahaha

• Love 2
(edited)

Or maybe it was just us Olicity 'shippers that wrote the scene, sent it to MG, and forced him to put it into the script. We're that powerful, you know. Muahaha

Shhhhhhh. We're not supposed to tell anyone about that. Being in cahoots with the writers is meant to be a secret. Tsk tsk. ;P

In all seriousness though, yeah, that does sound very similar. I do think they let her have her head canon, I'm not disputing that at all. I just don't think there'll ever be proof, you know?

Edited by Guest

How ironic we are talking about this when Sleepy Hollow did what they did tonight.

Nicole Beharie and KC's characters are both killed off the same week.

Man, it's a horrible season for characters on all the shows. I'm actually looking forward to hiatus.

• Love 1

EK was a blessing to this cast what with all this social media content we're getting! Makes me excited for SDCC. :)

The EPs started talking about S5 back in February (from MG's tumblr)...

olicityalamode asked:
Just curious, have you guys started thinking about/planning for Arrow, season 5?

We’ve reached the point in the season where, yes, we organically start talking about ideas for the next season.  We’ve got some interesting ones for 5!
344 notes Feb 6th, 2016

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/138823516614/just-curious-have-you-guys-started-thinking