Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I want to thank Jake Coburn for this little gem!

Cc3SmmFUcAAExl7.jpg

So GATV doesn't understand sarcasm. Color me not surprised.

Considering it's an affiliated site, maybe he should've just ignored the unprofessional, flippant comment instead of responding with another unprofessional tweet and adding fuel to a flame war.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

But the guy he's/their thanking made it pretty clear  he doesn't writer for Arrow any more. He now writes for "Quantico" and said he was speaking as a "fan" not writer for the show in his comments. So I don't see why they're blaming Jake. Same with the folks going after him in his mentions, he's free to say whatever he likes as a fan. Although Ben did say he "loves Olicity" he sorta of straddled the line by also giving love to Laurivers and not coming right out say nah-nah-nah-boo-boo look at how much I'm disliking you Laurel fans. He acknowledged love for both Olicity (maybe more) and Lauriver's too!

• Love 3

Here's hoping the Chicago HVFF goes off without a hitch... and everyone has fun! :) Just remember its Spring Ahead daylight savings weekend, don't want anyone to miss an event.

But for their expanding cast roster... it still seems like it should be named the Flarrowverse & a few friends convention since the majority of guests are from the Flarrowverse. I'm not complaining just noticing a trend. :)

• Love 4
(edited)

The entire Captain America First Avenger crew (except Tommy Lee Jones) is signed on for Philadelphia Wizard World.

I'm seriously considering driving down to see Chris Evans and get a Pats Cheese Steak.

Oh wow. Hemsworth and Hiddleson will be there as well. Now I love Evans but Hiddleson had to be and entertaining guest.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Most the Marvel people go to the various Wizard Worlds along with most actors from other shows. Those are the cons where you will see everyone else. Heroes and Villains seems mostly DC people, maybe Marvel feels like they shouldn't go? It's also fairly new to the convention circuit. 

(edited)

I didn't see a post about this. Paul Blackthorne posted this, it has so many meanings. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BClhXopjdNL/?taken-by=paulblackthorne

I didn't see a post about this. Paul Blackthorne posted this, it has so many meanings. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BClhXopjdNL/?taken-by=paulblackthorne

I think that it has more to do with how in the end, come death, it doesn't matter if you're a king or if you're a person living paycheck to paycheck. In the end, you end up in the same place, a box 6 feet under. 

I don't think that has anything to do with Paul's status on the show (too morbid)... Nor can we say PB not being on set is indicative of anything because Paul isn't really in every episode and has very little screentime in general. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

I'm a snoop and I love gossip, but if it's something personal or possibly hurtful, I don't think that should be on an open board.  I'll leave it to quarks.

[prohat]

This is kind of the direct opposite of juicy gossip - just industry practices. I would, however, prefer to keep it to PM.

• Love 4
(edited)

Figured, he would since they set the TMNT premiere for that Sunday in NYC.  A tiny bit disappointed that I won't get an OTA pic but I wasn't going for SA anyway :D

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm disappointed and I'm not even going, haha. 

Yeah, not gonna lie, I was looking forward to footage from an OTA panel. I know nothing was announced, but having one with the three of them was only logical.

• Love 1

Yeah, not gonna lie, I was looking forward to footage from an OTA panel. I know nothing was announced, but having one with the three of them was only logical.

Me, too. :( It seems we have to resign ourselves, that one time at Walker Stalker was a rarity.

Arrow cast and many others discussing Na Na Na Na Batman

Oh, the memories!  I loved the theme music so much my father bought me the sheet music so I could pound it out on the piano.

(Listening to Willa and Emily makes me feel very old.)

I was to have a Batman-watching party now that we are adults and can drink.

• Love 2
(edited)

Normally I wouldn't read that as anything but neutral, but his impression of her and her non-moving face was one of the meanest things I've seen an actor do, outside of late night tv, so maybe shade? Oh yeah, and at SDCC she corrected him when he called her "Canary."

I am going to be fascinated to see post-death interviews. Whoever the death may be.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I don't think it was shade..just the obligatory farewell tweet. He didn't put that much effort in it anyway..he could have posted a selfie with her (if he had any, LOL), but from the way he talked about her in the past I'm pretty sure he doesn't like her. I remember last year at the con in England he talked about Emily being an excellent scene partner and then talked about someone else (it was pretty clear he was talking about KC) not giving anything back and making it hard as an actor. I wouldn't say something like that about a coworker I genuinely like.

Normally I wouldn't read that as anything but neutral, but his impression of her and her non-moving face was one of the meanest things I've seen an actor do, outside of late night tv, so maybe shade? 

I keep hearing about this, but I have never seen it. Does anyone have a link to the video?

I've not seen the video of his impersonation of her but I'll never forget DR throwing KC the middle finger after she pointedly corrected him at that SDCC interview for saying 'Canary' instead of 'Black Canary.' Yikes.

The KC part starts somewhere after the 1:40 mark. At least I think this is what AyChihuaha is referring to.

I've not seen the video of his impersonation of her but I'll never forget DR throwing KC the middle finger after she pointedly corrected him at that SDCC interview for saying 'Canary' instead of 'Black Canary.' Yikes.

Whoa. I've never seen that one. Link?

• Love 1
(edited)

Whoa. I've never seen that one. Link?

I don't have a link, I'm afraid. I've seen it more in close-up gifs. It's one of the interviews with the whole cast and they're standing up in front of a high table? I think it was from EW? DR kind of laughs as he does it. But of course the eagle eyes in fandom spotted it. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I remember that, it's still funny. I know he was picking on the other cast members but KC's blank robot expressions is a main reason why it's hard to connect with her character. 

• Love 1

DR was definitely giving the finger to SA. SA had made some kind of joke or something.  With KC, he was annoyed that she had corrected him and he was just like whatever. I really wish I could find the video for this.

• Love 1

For me the difference is he basically called KC a bad actress.

As soon as she corrected him, that interview got awkward. I still cringe.

I would also bring up the interview where KC say something along the lines of it would be great to have a Laurel v Sara fight and you can see DR in the back saying 'or stupid.' All the guys in the back started laughing.

• Love 2
(edited)

DR was definitely giving the finger to SA. SA had made some kind of joke or something.  With KC, he was annoyed that she had corrected him and he was just like whatever. I really wish I could find the video for this.

Oh really? If so, my mistake. But I just remember it was immediately after she corrected him. I thought he was laughing at SA though. There was lots of talking all at once.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1