Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

That's debatable. I would argue that Golden Globe winning actress Gina Rodriguez is mainstream. 

I don't think so. Just because she's won an award doesn't make her mainstream. Just look at the shows ratings and the amount of followers she has on twitter etc. She's a critically acclaimed actress, but that doesn't make her mainstream. That just makes her awesome ;) 

• Love 8

Well Arrow is pretty big outside the US, US magazines may not care, but I think in some international markets he will bring in a good buck.

Quite honestly though I say: if a celebrity social media about them being in a specific location while they're still there (especially when it is a vacation and they're there for a long period of time) then they are not allowed to complain when the papp's are there taking pics. either keep your trap shut or suffer the consequences.

To be fair, it was his wife who tweeted twice that they were in Marbella and even retweeted one of the paparazzi pics of her in a bikini. SA retweeted her second tweet (the dancing in the streets one) but that was the day after the photos had been taken. That said, he did share his exact location on Instagram/FB when he was having drinks at The Cock Inn in Birmingham. And when he was in Walla Walla last month, he tweeted the name of the bar he was in and invited people to stop by for a beer. (Not that there are a lot of paparazzi hanging out in Walla Walla.) He also announced to fans that he was going to a Calgary Flames game last month and WWE Raw tonight.

I'm starting to wonder if, despite his complaining, he may not actually mind the extra exposure.

That's debatable. I would argue that Golden Globe winning actress Gina Rodriguez is mainstream.

I don't think so. Just because she's won an award doesn't make her mainstream. Just look at the shows ratings and the amount of followers she has on twitter etc. She's a critically acclaimed actress, but that doesn't make her mainstream. That just makes her awesome ;)

I would venture to say that she is actually one of the CW's least-well-known leads among the general public. Critics and industry insiders may know her but I would guess that her Q Score is well below that of Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, SA, John Barrowman, Katie Cassidy, Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Kristin Kreuk, Rachel Bilson, etc.

• Love 1

Basically. I doubt many people know who Meritt Weaver is even though she (deservedly) won an Emmy for Nurse Jackie. Although in Gina Rodriguez's case she could very well become a mainstream star; IMDb tells me she's doing some movie about an oil spill with Mark Wahlberg and Kate Hudson.

I've never watched WWE in my life, but would it be safe to assume that this altercation was set up beforehand? After all, he keeps saying he wants to be on the show (as in, in the ring) someday, so it would make sense to start the narrative now.

• Love 4

I've never watched WWE in my life, but would it be safe to assume that this altercation was set up beforehand? After all, he keeps saying he wants to be on the show (as in, in the ring) someday, so it would make sense to start the narrative now.

I'm assuming it was set up possibly just one a time thing

(edited)

Stephen seems like the nicest guy in the universe but I would crap my pants if he bucked at me like that. Dude is scary strong.

Does anyone know where this RAW was filmed or when?

Edited by Delphi

Stephen seems like the nicest guy in the universe but I would crap my pants if he bucked at me like that. Dude is scary strong.

Does anyone know where this RAW was filmed or when?

It was broadcast live tonight from Long Island.

I'm starting to wonder if, despite his complaining, he may not actually mind the extra exposure.

of course he doesn't really mind it, if he did he wouldn't share so many pics and stories about his personal life. He is at a point in his career where he needs this type of exposure and it has yet to become a nuisance and intrude on his personal life in a stalkarish sort of way that the pap's love to do, when/if that will happen, that he will reach B or even A level stardom, than he will start to truly mind it and we will see a decline in the sharing of his personal life.

• Love 1

I've never watched WWE in my life, but would it be safe to assume that this altercation was set up beforehand?

It was set up, Stardust was facing Adrian Neville, and Neville's finisher which he won the match with is the Red Arrow.

So it was a nice wink to the audience by WWE.

• Love 3

I have to agree with you @apinknightmare . I was talking to my brother, whom I had conversations with every week about Arrow and The Flash (he watches both) whilst it was on, about the fact that SA was in Birmingham last week and he had no idea who I was on about. 

Just because a show is fairly popular doesn't necessarily mean that an actor is well known or popular. 

That said, this is coming from the point of view of a Brit. Arrow, whilst known of, isn't exactly over the water cooler talk over here. If it's not on BBC1, ITV1 or Channel Four, or called Game of Thrones, no one really 'watches' it. I've put 'watches' in inverted commas, because whilst people obviously do watch it, they don't in the way that people watch other other shows. That is 'en mass'. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Alrighty then . . .

I swear to balance out the scales there's going to be a member of the Rhodes family that gets into wrestling with supreme negative charisma.  Dusty, Dustin, and Cody, there's a lot of charisma in that family.  Considering Amell has been a fan for a long time, and was even at Wrestlemania 6, interacting with a member of the Rhodes family had to be a treat for him.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1
(edited)

KL at Puerto Rico Comic Con on May 22, 2015 (she sounds so different from Nyssa!)...

Katrina Law - Why she doesnt care about typecast - PR Comicon

Katrina Law Q&A panel in the Puerto Rico Comic Con 2015

KL also posted some pics at https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw

From the Q&A -- She doesn't know what will happen in S4, but she speculates that Nyssa will be in S4 because Damien Darhk is tied to the LOA, Malcolm is the head of the LOA, and Nyssa wants his title.  About the S3 ending, "character-wise", she was disappointed that Nyssa didn't end up as the new Ra's, but "plot-wise", Nyssa has so much to fight for now, so it's great.  The day of shooting the Oliver/Nyssa wedding, it was hard because she had to be so angry but there were so many jokes that day.  She'd walk up, and SA would start singing "going to the chapel, and we're... going to get married," and then he'd say something about how he'd like his eggs in the morning.  Nyssa felt more betrayed by her father choosing Oliver over her, than Sara choosing Oliver over her.  Her father's choice was devastating.  She understood that Sara's choice had nothing to do with loving Nyssa, but more to do with what the LOA lifestyle was doing to her soul.  KL again told the story about when Nyssa was locked in a cage and KC had trouble pronouncing Nanda Parbat correctly (saying Nanda "Poorbutt" instead for about 10 takes), cracking everyone up.  She says that they had "Spartacus Bootcamp" for that show, it was really intense, and she had a dislocated shoulder.  So she appreciates that they have doubles for some scenes in Arrow.  She mentions that James Bamford is always telling them to "do it faster".  She thinks that she and KC have a lot of chemistry and that people want to see two women kicking ass together.  She thinks that we'll see Nyssa discovering who she is outside the LOA while still fighting for the Ra's title and that Laurel will be pretty key in that development.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Summer Glau has come a long way from when she sat on multiple people panels and barely spoke up.  She seems quite shy.  Good for her for doing a solo panel.

She says that her favorite scenes on Arrow were with EBR because she's a "sun-shiny person" and loved her rapport - or lack of rapport - with Isabel!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I swear to balance out the scales there's going to be a member of the Rhodes family that gets into wrestling with supreme negative charisma.  Dusty, Dustin, and Cody, there's a lot of charisma in that family.  Considering Amell has been a fan for a long time, and was even at Wrestlemania 6 interacting with a member of the Rhodes family had to be a treat for him.

After watching that it makes me wonder if a storyline was set up and SA might step in the ring before Shooting resumes in July

Definitely safe to say that WWE thing with SA was a set up.  He has been talking about wanting to be on WWE for months (if not longer).  He is seated in the best seat possible, front and center, to where this altercation can be caught perfectly on camera.   They already had the graphics card ready to go to say who he was.  And Drew, his best buddy, didn't act surprised or anything when it happened.

Totally set up.  

I honestly laughed when I saw it because it was so silly... but damn did SA look good during that small acting job!

• Love 1

Robert Keppner is joining EBR, DR, CH, WH, RC and DP at the French Superhero con.

CF8t94CWYAA9WtX.jpg

CFeDUqSWgAAuQfN.jpg

Ooh EBR WH and DP at one Con altogether? Three of my hottest Women in the Berlanti produced hero shows

We don't know that. I don't think they've even started breaking the season yet officially. Why would they tell Colin when they don't know when they want him to check his availability?

We don't know that. I don't think they've even started breaking the season yet officially. Why would they tell Colin when they don't know when they want him to check his availability?

I think MG mentioned they were already writing S4 in some of the press they did for the finale, so they likely have an idea of the overall arc of the season and it's just six weeks until they start shooting.   I'd imagine they'd give some notice for non-contract players as they all have other commitments, so they'd at least let him know they'd like to use him to see if he'd even be available.  It's going to drive me nuts until I track down where that info on Colin appearing in S4 was.  

Well, apparently none of the actors know what's going on in s4...including Stephen so I'd imagine Colin not knowing doesn't mean they won't bring him on in some way. 

If he's not being LPed and Oliver's not taking another trip to Starling City

Laurel or Thea flashbacks?

Or maybe we see he ran into Felicity one random day. 

(edited)

Well, apparently none of the actors know what's going on in s4...including Stephen so I'd imagine Colin not knowing doesn't mean they won't bring him on in some way. 

Seemed like David Ramsey had an idea of what was coming for Diggle at least.  They're likely not allowed to say what's coming even if they do know unless it's been okayed by the EPs to share anyway.  Even on panel appearances during the season, some of the cast have looked to the EPs there for a hint as to how much they can say or not. 

Edited by catahoulamama

I think MG mentioned they were already writing S4 in some of the press they did for the finale, so they likely have an idea of the overall arc of the season and it's just six weeks until they start shooting.   I'd imagine they'd give some notice for non-contract players as they all have other commitments, so they'd at least let him know they'd like to use him to see if he'd even be available.  It's going to drive me nuts until I track down where that info on Colin appearing in S4 was.  

I can't find the CD interview either.  I assumed (HA!) when I read it that him being back in S4 was just an assumption on the part of the journalist since he was in S2 & S3.  CD never said he would be returning for S4 in it.

I can't find the CD interview either.  I assumed (HA!) when I read it that him being back in S4 was just an assumption on the part of the journalist since he was in S2 & S3.  CD never said he would be returning for S4 in it.

Thanks for saying it was an interview. I couldn't even remember that. LOL

I did find it though and here's the bit about season 4:

The Kirkwood-Glendale native starts filming this month for the second season of “The Affair,” the gripping Showtime series that won a 2015 Golden Globe for best television drama, beating out “Downton Abbey” and “Game of Thrones.” Donnell plays Scotty Lockhart, whose murder became a pivotal plot element for the show’s two leads. He’s also in “Arrow,” a hit CW series based on DC Comics’ Green Arrow, where Donnell’s character, Tommy Merlyn, died at the end of season one— much to fans’ disappointment. But just like with “The Affair,” death doesn’t mean automatically being written out of the script forever: Donnell will be back in season four next fall.

Here's the link to the whole thing: http://www.alivemag.com/people/sub_people_article.cfm?ref=1916

So glad to find it! I knew it was a "legit" source and not just a fan tweet or something.

The suit is Marc Jacobs. Which I rarely like. But think if the whole thing wasn't various shades of salmon it would have looked fine. His stylist must have strange tastes.