Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Boy would Dean ever fall for her...she is a nerd like Charlie, but straight; she's the light to Dean's self-loathing (like Oliver but worse). The snark-offs!  And SO MUCH PRETTY between the two of them. Damn you! Damn you for making me want this.

I have already joined this ship. I also stopped watching SPN a long time ago, but I've always loved Dean and thinks he really needs some happiness in his life. And if this show is just going to jerk Felicity around then I say she should go have some fun times with the boys in the Impala. Make it happen, show.

• Love 4

Okay, if this is Stephen Amell writing on his Facebook page and not someone ghosting, can I just say that I fell a little in love with him because of how articulate he is? I've been resisting because married, with a kid, but nope. I'm gone now. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Okay, if this is Stephen Amell writing on his Facebook page and not someone ghosting, can I just say that I fell a little in love with him because of how articulate he is? I've been resisting because married, with a kid, but nope. I'm gone now. 

Right there with you. I'd seen him on Vampire Diaries, Hung and New Girl and thought he was generically handsome but he didn't leave much of an impression. I even saw him on the Fox lot a few times and noticed that he was very smiley and had beautiful eyes but it wasn't until he popped up on Private Practice that I started to find him attractive and it wasn't until I stumbled across his FB page and watched a few con appearances that I realized how crushable he is. His intelligence, his obvious love for his family, his upbeat, sunny nature, the sincere way in which he interacts with his fans, the way he sometimes lets his inner dork come out to play, are all pretty irresistible. I love that he's living his dream and savoring every minute of it while trying to do some good in the world. He went on FB on January 7th asking fans to suggest causes he could support, had vetted and selected two charities by January 19th, and launched his Sinceriously campaign on January 21st. All while shooting Arrow, doing Jimmy Kimmel, going to Portland for a con and a Nocking Point party, hanging out with his wife and daughter . . . apparently, he doesn't need much sleep.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend scrolling through his FB page and watching his videos. If you like his writing, the blog he used to write, Prelude to a Big Break, is worth checking out. I also love his interview with Aisha Tyler (starts at 07:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPSyuBpK3Sg

[edited to fix typo]

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 5

B_cX9y4WEAIHjwQ.png

Emily posted this on her instagram.

"I choose only to travel by bicep chariot"

Well she is a Queen! CH's hands look like they are on her ass! It's a nice one

I have already joined this ship. I also stopped watching SPN a long time ago, but I've always loved Dean and thinks he really needs some happiness in his life. And if this show is just going to jerk Felicity around then I say she should go have some fun times with the boys in the Impala. Make it happen, show.

That show is Dark and gets depressing too. And the awesome female characters usually die so Felicity would be screwed

• Love 2

This article summarizes what MG and TB said at the recent Long Beach Comics Expo...

GUGGENHEIM, BUTTERS ON "AGENT CARTER'S" FUTURE, "ARROW'S" ROGUES & MORE

Posted: 18 hours ago | Updated: 16 hours ago

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/guggenheim-butters-on-agent-carters-future-arrows-rogues-more

Tara Butter's said their daughters like The Canary, which is Sara according to the EP's (because Black Canary is a completely different name). That's interesting. I wonder how they felt with him killing her off. Of course that's probably why they can't watch it. . 

• Love 1

Am I a bad person for snickering after seeing KC listed after team arrow?

oh and her not listed at all in the new show description. also

"While keeping his secret from closest to him"?!?!? at this point the only one not in the know is Lance, and bets her he kind of already knows if not officially will know by the end of the season.

• Love 7

I saw Caity Lotz at Chicago Fan Fest today. She did a short Q&A panel. Someone asked her what it's like to work with Manu Bennett and she said he was great to work with and really creative. Apparently he would get so into character as Deathstroke she would actually feel afraid of him sometimes. She also said her favorite episodes of Arrow are "League of Assassins" and "Unthinkable" and she mentioned some things about the spinoff which I posted in that thread.

I also got the chance to actually meet her and speak with her for a few minutes. I pretty much just babbled at her about Arrow and Mad Men, but she was really nice and generous with her time.

• Love 3

When I met Caity, I told her I stopped watching Arrow after they killed off her character. I told her it's because of the way they killed her. She said they really drove home that Sara was dead, they didn't want any confusion. That's when I tried to bring stealthily bring up Sara being alive in the spin off. She didn't fall for it. I also asked her what's up with having only one half of Firestorm, she just replied that she can't say anything.

She was really nice and because no one was in line behind me, I talked to her for about 15 minutes. Which is probably why she remembered me when I went for my Photo Op. Her line got long after that, I guess people didn't know she was there yet. 

• Love 5

Non-spoilery MG response at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

longlivefelicitythequeen asked:
My boyfriend says (and i quote): "My girlfriend here is withholding sex until Olicity bumps uglies so listen i dont know who you think you are mr. Guggen-whatever but i dont think you understand how blue my balls are. Man to man just give my girl what she wants for my sake please dude im begging" Sorry about this but he has been nagging me to let you know of his pain for awhile now. I dont even know what to say im so sorry you dont even have to answer this (love the show btw)

This is, quite simply, my favorite post ever.  Is your (poor) boyfriend a member of the Arrow writing staff?  If not, I’m not clear on why you’re withholding sex from the poor guy.
  • Love 2
(edited)
tv-smoak asked:

Hey Marc! this is a production Q, I think ?. I've always wondered how it's done when you're starting with a new episode. Actors get the script and there's a table read? everyone on that episode is there at the same time reading it even if their role is small? they just read it? they act? you change things if you feel they don't work or when the script gets to the table read is the finale version? could you explain a bit about this? thank you for your work and time, cheers from Spain.

All of the series regulars are expected to participate in the table read and do.  Non-series regulars are invited and participate if they can make themselves available.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here's your chance to submit questions for the PaleyFest panels of Arrow and Flash...

Aisha Tyler    17 hrs · Edited ·
Fans of Arrow and The Flash! I will be moderating the Greg Berlanti-smash PaleyFest next weekend for both of these awesome shows on The CW. Post your questions here for both casts. I will try to get them answered. I'm just one woman, people.
livestream: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/paleyfest-la-arrow
livestream: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/paleyfest-la-the-flash

https://www.facebook.com/aishatyler/posts/10153110644254356

Retweeted by GB: https://twitter.com/GBerlanti

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

International Women's Day was March 8...

Emily Bett Rickards @EmilyBett  ·  13h 13 hours ago
“Em it’s international women’s day….tweet something inspirational as only you can ” - mom
I LOVE YOU LADIES

https://twitter.com/emilybett
http://www.internationalwomensday.com/

John Barrowman MBE @Team_Barrowman  ·  12h 12 hours ago
Look who is sitting in front of me on my flight from Palm Springs. Should I keep nudging the back of his seat. Jb http://www.whosay.com/l/AGIafKN

749716_640x640wc.jpg
https://twitter.com/team_barrowman

Edited by tv echo

Non-spoilery MG response at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

longlivefelicitythequeen asked:

My boyfriend says (and i quote): "My girlfriend here is withholding sex until Olicity bumps uglies so listen i dont know who you think you are mr. Guggen-whatever but i dont think you understand how blue my balls are. Man to man just give my girl what she wants for my sake please dude im begging" Sorry about this but he has been nagging me to let you know of his pain for awhile now. I dont even know what to say im so sorry you dont even have to answer this (love the show btw)

This is, quite simply, my favorite post ever.  Is your (poor) boyfriend a member of the Arrow writing staff?  If not, I’m not clear on why you’re withholding sex from the poor guy.

Maybe I am just slow but why does he think it is someone from the staff? And why would they have a reason to that and others would not? I truly am slow today...

Maybe I am just slow but why does he think it is someone from the staff? And why would they have a reason to that and others would not? I truly am slow today...

The woman referred to in the post is withholding sex from her boyfriend until O/F get together, so MG is jokingly asking if her boyfriend is an Arrow writer, because if he's not then the woman is withholding the sex for something that the boyfriend has no control over (but he would if he was writing the show). 

• Love 2

which considering the man slut Oliver Queen is known to be may not have been a bad idea.

Could it possibly be that the original (i.e. uncorrected) "vigilante-with-a-boner" pic leaked online and is actually used on the cover photo of spoilertv.com? When you take a closer look you will see that the angle and placement of the bow is different from the final "official" version of the pic you find online.

Here is a detail shot of the cover photo of spoilertv.com:

10373710_336019676607065_104210112392316

SORRY FOR BEING SO SHALLOW!!! I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE AND HOPE NOBODY FEELS OFFENDED!

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1

MG posted on Tumblr that between Tumblr and Twitter, he probably gets about 100 messages per day.  That is way less than I was expecting.  Also from his tumblr (http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/):

pls-moi asked:
Has the fan response to season 3 by and large been what you expected? Could you please explain your answer.

The fan response to Season 3 has been very up and down and that’s largely what we expected.  We don’t write for individual fan response from episode to episode.  We want the entire season to stand on its own.  I’ll be most curious about fan response to  the season as a whole when all is said and done.

He is at least admitting that there is some disappointment with this season, so that's something, I guess.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

Sort of admitting it at least. I don't think when they began writing this season they were banking on half the fandom being completely insulted and disappointed and for a fraction to tune out. You don't write a show wanting people to stop watching it.

• Love 6

That's another "it gets better" response. Why write a show horribly, just for the ending? To me it looks like they had an ending they wanted and are just futzing around until they can get to it. So nothing in between really matters. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 12

They should take note from Empire, a full written all "up" show that makes people say good things about it helps the show get success and grow every week. What's the point of writing badly and turning people off the show? In the end you on brink of cancellation ie Sleepy Hollow.

I feel like s2 was a bit like them writing for the end though. The middle of the season lagged and just focused too much on certain characters and arcs that I personally had no interest in and it only started to pick up again in the last 3-4 episodes of the season. This just proves to me that MG and Co can't write properly if they only have a beginning and an end and fill the middle with crap. The season doesn't stand on its own, IMO. Sorry MG. You're wrong.

Edited by Guest

We don’t write for individual fan response from episode to episode.

Bummer DUDE, cause that is how writing for television works. He is just so far up his own ass (like he's Vince Giligan, or Gilligan Gilligan!), it's no wonder that's why Oliver suffers from the same malaise.

• Love 2

They're so focused on not pandering to any fandom that they forget to write a coherent story.

The second half of season 2 did exactly the same, only I think this season it started in 3a.

• Love 11

They're so focused on not pandering to any fandom that they forget to write a coherent story.

No writer should ever write to pander to fandom. They should write the story they want to tell.

Whether anyone wants to watch it of course is another story.

• Love 2

They say they're not pandering to any part of the fandom but IMO, this season has been a lot of pandering to comic fans and their need to see Laurel as BC. The story and character I've seen unfold on my screen certainly does not reflect the kind of BC that I've read about but they're doing it anyway, regardless of how crappy and poorly written it is because the comics says so. They even killed off a character that was far more interesting with a richer history just because her name wasn't Laurel. That's pandering to me. 

And I just realized this is probably in the wrong thread. Oh well.

Edited by Guest

Then they have no right to be disappointed when the audience's reaction is "wtf" instead "ooh didn't see that coming". Or better yet "I did see that coming but still, wtf".

Audiences tend to like what works. These writers seem to blatantly write what doesn't because pandering reasons. It's ridiculous.

And I also don't understand what's so wrong about writing for your audience. They're the ones who keep the show on the air in the first place. I know it's impossible to keep every viewer happy but all this 'writing what you need instead of what you want' crap is just nonsense, especially when none of what I'm seeing on the show is neither what I want or need. They've just failed on all levels this season. You could say their failure is EPIC.

MG also said this on tumblr:

arrowfan2 asked:
Do you consider polls where you can vote more than once as index to choose storylines or screentime? i hope not. fanservice is not the right choice to rule a show!

No.  We’re working so far ahead of polls and their results.

Edited by tv echo