Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yeah, I read that NPH was one of a team of twelve writing jokes for the show. Yikes.

lol I think NPH also had problems landing some of the jokes 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I really like KC's after party dress! Her Oscar dress looked very typical Hollywood starlet that it's a little boring. Illusion netting, sparkly, sheath cut. Check.

WH's dress is interesting, which is why I like it. But I do agree that it makes her look way older.

• Love 1

It was cute on the Seth Meyer's show that he mentioned that the fans heard that Amell wanted to be on the show and basically tweeted the Late Night show until they like two or three days later gave in out self defense.  Something about it being a hostage situation, lol.

Hi, everybody! A question from a foreigner who knows nearly nothing about US talk show business: This year, SA attended "Jimmy Kimmel" in January, and now he has been on "Seth Meyers". Are these "high profile" talk shows? Is it a very special acomplishment to be invited to them? I'm just curious, because I would like to understand what those appearences might mean for SA in terms of his future career development. (Since I am a huge fan of SA, I'd love if such appearances would somehow contribute to him getting more interesting job offers...) Can anybody share her/ his opinion on that?

I don't think it's a special accomplishment necessarily, since it seems like fan-led Twitter campaigns got him on both shows (someone needs to point that out to him the next time he bitches about how useless it is). They are high-profile. They definitely get him more exposure, but I'm not sure it would necessarily equate to more/more interesting job offers.

• Love 7
mel1804 asked:

When an actor is contracted for several years do you have to keep him during all this time ? My question is refering to colin and susanna were they only contracted for one and two seasons and know you were going to kill them ? Or was it a surprise ?

No, we didn’t know ahead of time when we made their contracts.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

it is sort of telling (and not in a good way about the status of Arrow as a show and Amell as an actor), the fact that the star of it was invited to these shows simply because of a social media campaign and not cause the show itself wanted to have him on. Also both of these shows are Late night shows shown at like 11:30, i would find it a bigger accomplishment to his current status if went on the tonight show or any of its hour equivalent where the number of people who watch is far greater.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

I happened to finish watching something on the DVR just as SA came on, so I listened to the segment.  Many times the guests will promote the show or movie that they are in, so I thought that he would talk quite a bit about the show, but not so much.

I happened to finish watching something on the DVR just as SA came on, so I listened to the segment.  Many times the guests will promote the show or movie that they are in, so I thought that he would talk quite a bit about the show, but not so much.

It seems like getting on this and Kimmel were just personal goals of SA so it's more about him than the show. It's a little weird he wouldn't hype the show more though.

• Love 2

Them not announcing the Paley Fest attendees yet, makes it look like there's some behind the scenes things going on. If SA doesn't cancel his Con appearance, it does make the show runners look bad that the Star of their show didn't show up.   

• Love 7

I really wonder if the delay is that they are going to re-configure the show from Arrow to Arrow & Friends and make it a Justice League type show with tons of different masked superheroes.

• Love 1

it is sort of telling (and not in a good way about the status of Arrow as a show and Amell as an actor), the fact that the star of it was invited to these shows simply because of a social media campaign and not cause the show itself wanted to have him on. 

It's rarely the case that anyone turns up on these shows just because the shows wanted to have them on, though. For the most part, people go on the shows when they are promoting something (their new movie, tv show, book, album, etc.).  Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show is the only one that regularly seems to get guests who aren't promoting anything, and I'm convinced that's just a factor of how much celebrities like JF and how fun his show is. Not many people went on Jay Leno's Tonight Show just to hang out with him when they had nothing to promote, because it didn't have the same fun vibe as Jimmy's iteration. 

It's actually pretty impressive for Stephen to score an invite during sweeps when he's not promoting anything, just because fans expressed interest in it. That rarely happens.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

It really is starting to make me wonder if there is some behind the scene shenanigans going on about the direction of the show? I mean if you were SA and you finally made it on to these big shows you've been dying to get on, would you try to promote a show that seems so eager to replace you or would you promote yourself in hopes of moving on to bigger & better? Im not saying he doesnt still love OQ or being the Arrow, because I think he does... I think he's just beginning to see the bigger picture that might be unfolding. All I know is I know is, I signed up for the Arrow - not the justice league. So without the Arrow, a lot of people may be out including myself.

• Love 4

Late to the party, but I liked Katie's Oscar dress. I might have done a brighter lip color and put her hair up (though her hair doesn't look bad), but she looks a lot nicer there than she did at the Golden Globes. Her dress for the Vanity Fair party is also great, it's a terrific color.

Not really a fan of the hugely separated eyelashes, but it seems to be annoyingly fashionable these days.

Willa Holland...yikes. The dress is bad. And what the hell is that purse she's carrying? I liked her Globes look a lot better.

It was cute on the Seth Meyer's show that he mentioned that the fans heard that Amell wanted to be on the show and basically tweeted the Late Night show until they like two or three days later gave in out self defense.  Something about it being a hostage situation, lol.

Meyers was funny 'here are the dates, now leave us alone'.  It was a good segment though, they both have humor and energy (Kristin Stewart on The Daily Show was a nightmare).  I wonder when SA will get his SNL gig.  I wonder if Seth Meyers will mention him to Lorne Michaels.  (Youtube apparently has everything, including a preSNL Lorne Michaels on his own sketch comedy show.)

SA is very popular among fans and I don't think the show honors that as it should.  Arrow wouldn't have made it past the pilot if not for him, nor past season 1 if not for him, David Ramsey and EBR.

They don't use DR as they should (now he should be on a talk show recounting vignettes) and they abuse EBR's by using her to prop new characters they want us to like (Barry, Ray) and to get older characters accepted (Laurel).

• Love 5

I really wonder if the delay is that they are going to re-configure the show from Arrow to Arrow & Friends and make it a Justice League type show with tons of different masked superheroes.

And if they did that, there goes felicity and Diggle, and there goes me.

I don't really think they will do that although I'm sure they were hoping for some sort of bc/arrow thing. I think Brandon is really just them trying to sell another spinoff but I'm worried about what will happen when that fails.

I want Oliver back at his company. I think the show suffers from him having no real base beyond the basement lair and the city streets. Oliver needs to be somewhere in the light.

• Love 12

I want Oliver back at his company. I think the show suffers from him having no real base beyond the basement lair and the city streets. Oliver needs to be somewhere in the light.

Agreed, but the EPs have already said that they don't like writing the QC stuff so giving the company to Ray was the perfect solution to that because they no longer have to work out integrating Oliver's private business with his public one. It gets back to what I posted the other day--the current storylines are allowing them to be as lazy as they want to be. They get to have their cake and eat it too (i.e. maintain audience despite weak, contrived plotlines because of an abundance of shiny superhero fluff lacking substance).

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 12

He doesn't need to be back at QC per se, but he definitely needs a job. Not only because he's thirty and billionaire broke and has no life ambitions, but because he also needs to have something to do with his life that doesn't involve wearing that hood. I hope to the sweet baby jesus they give this dude an actual career once he decides he can also be Oliver Queen. And from

The Flash, it does seem like he either gets QC back at some point (and rebrands it Queen, Inc.) or starts another company that becomes the kind of conglomerate that Wayne Tech would want to merge with.

• Love 1

He doesn't need to be back at QC per se, but he definitely needs a job. Not only because he's thirty and billionaire broke and has no life ambitions, but because he also needs to have something to do with his life that doesn't involve wearing that hood. I hope to the sweet baby jesus they give this dude an actual career once he decides he can also be Oliver Queen. And from

The Flash, it does seem like he either gets QC back at some point (and rebrands it Queen, Inc.) or starts another company that becomes the kind of conglomerate that Wayne Tech would want to merge with.

Slightly off topic: personally i kind of like many fanfic authors ideas of Oliver being a stay at home dad or having a minor role at the company, while Felicity is the one running it.

• Love 3

B-piyAOVEAAkB62.jpg

Willa & Manu announced for Supanova Con in Australia. Surprised that Willa will be there since they start shooting the season finale around that time. They finished filming on 20th April last season, they also filmed on Saturdays.

It takes place form 10-12th April.

Edited by Velocity23