Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I know this was posted on the last page, but I still wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion:

Wiki is thy friend:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-list

"A-list is a term that alludes to major movie stars, or the most bankable in the Hollywood film industry or to major recording artists
Similarly, less popular persons and current teen idols are referred to as "B-list"
and the ones with lesser fame "C-list. Entertainment Weekly interpreted C-list celebrity as "that guy (or sometimes that girl), the easy-to-remember but hard-to-name character actor".
"D-list" is the lowest rating on the Ulmer Scale,and it is often used to describe persons whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as so-called celebrities on panel game shows and reality television"

That is a very lose definition of what it means to be A-list. A-list has nothing to do with talent nor does it depend solely on an actor's appeal at the box office. Jennifer Aniston, for example, is considered A-list although she can't carry a movie on her own. Jennifer Garner is considered A-list and all she's got going for herself is her marriage to Ben Affleck these days. She hasn't starred in a big movie in years. Likewise, TV actors who are starring in critically acclaimed leading roles on long-running hit shows are considered A-list as well (think the likes of Claire Danes, Jessica Lange, Ellen Pompeo, Jon Hamm or Michael C. Hall when Dexter was still on the air).

bryanmcdonald7 asked:

Hi Marc, so you both write for DC and Marvel which are the 2 major players in the comic book industry, how different is it? Do you have specific guidelines from each company to approach any of the characters? Thanks. Chance

Neither DC or Marvel provide guidelines to their writers.  Both companies have characters and universes that span decades, so the “voice” of all the characters is very specific.  In my head — and I don’t think I’m alone among writers in this — the DC characters “sound different’ from the Marvel characters and vice-versa.  The Marvel Universe tends to be a bit more grounded, while the DC Universe is a bit more hopeful.  It’s a very hard thing to describe, but I often think of the DC and Marvel universes like cars:  They each handle differently, from a writing perspective.  I wouldn’t so so far as to say that there are stories I couldn’t tell in the Marvel Universe vs the DCU, but the story would unfold differently and be tonally different depending upon what universe I was writing for.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

I was (as always) charmed by SA in his appearance (on Kimmel)  But most interested to hear about the arrows and not being able to actually shoot any.  I had never considered it.  I've heard about the issues with fight scenes (SA has discussed the rush of blood to a fist where you pretend to hit someone but don't follow through) but I never thought about the arrows themselves.  I love hearing the behind the scenes stuff!

• Love 2

I was (as always) charmed by SA in his appearance (on Kimmel)  But most interested to hear about the arrows and not being able to actually shoot any.  I had never considered it.  I've heard about the issues with fight scenes (SA has discussed the rush of blood to a fist where you pretend to hit someone but don't follow through) but I never thought about the arrows themselves.  I love hearing the behind the scenes stuff!

I love watching behind the scenes stuff with archers because there's nothing there. There's good stuff with Hawkeye just grabbing for air and Norman Reedus on The Walking Dead said all his crossbow shooting is CG. It has to be hard for the actor to keep form.

The Chris Pratt/Evans twitter feud went viral so quickly - love that stuff. 

I feel bad that Stephen got pulled into the not nice at all twitter feud earlier in the week. That certainly didn't go in a direction he intended or wanted to be associated with.

The internet is a funky place... he seems to have picked a safe & fun one to support this time.

I knew about the arrows being CGI. Jennifer Lawrence said the same thing about The Hunger Games. However according to Natalie Dormer, J-Law was up every morning practicing actual archery to keep her form as correct as she could. Stephen may do the same thing. I know Stephen says everyone else is doing it wrong. But I assume like most things people have different ways of shooting arrows, it just depends who taught them how. 

Edited by Sakura12

SA has said that they have a very good archery consultant for the show and if his form isn't perfect, she really lets him know it.  And he's so damn competitive, he'll want to be perfect.

There's a clip on youtube with him shooting real arrows at a target; not too shabby at all.

Anyone buy this book?

Marc Guggenheim @mguggenheim  ·  Jan 22
This is exciting:  Overwatch just sold out on Amazon.  I suspect I have the legions of Olicity fans to thank. http://overwatchbook.com

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

Overwatch is getting 4 stars average score by Amazon customers (it's been restocked).

http://www.amazon.com/Overwatch-Marc-Guggenheim/dp/0316212474/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422047228&sr=8-1&keywords=overwatch+by+marc+guggenheim&pebp=1422047237816&peasin=316212474

Edited by tv echo

The reason he wrote that was because an Olicity fan tweeted that as a thank you for MG releasing the deleted kiss scene, everyone should go and buy Overwatch...and the book sold our shortly thereafter.  Release the video or not, fine, whatever, but I'm personally not going to buy your book as a thank you for something that should be included as a deleted scene on the DVDs anyways.

• Love 7

Brandon Routh tweeted this pic of him with Gregory Smith (who's directing 315) yesterday:

B7-nLWTCIAAOQMf.jpg

They're in the lair which gave me pause for a minute, but the facial hair and outfit make me think BR wasn't filming that day and just wanted to say hi to Gregory. Though I suppose they could have been doing rehearsals...

O my God that was the worst thing he could ever write. (Not the book, I haven't read it- the tweet)

Personally I didn't think it was that bad, but maybe that's just because I'm getting really freaking annoyed at all his tumblr answers (I'm not following him, they just keep getting reblogged by people I do follow).  I get it, you're trying to be sly and misdirect and not tell us much of anything!  It's getting old.

Brandon Routh tweeted this pic of him with Gregory Smith (who's directing 315) yesterday:

B7-nLWTCIAAOQMf.jpg

They're in the lair which gave me pause for a minute, but the facial hair and outfit make me think BR wasn't filming that day and just wanted to say hi to Gregory. Though I suppose they could have been doing rehearsals...

OMG, look at Ephram! (Sorry, my first brush with a Berlanti-produced show was Everwood, which I really enjoyed -- except for when they threw in unnecessary love triangles and a baby to stall the main couple. Hmmm, that sounds eerily familiar).

• Love 3

OMG, look at Ephram! (Sorry, my first brush with a Berlanti-produced show was Everwood, which I really enjoyed -- except for when they threw in unnecessary love triangles and a baby to stall the main couple. Hmmm, that sounds eerily familiar).

That first season of Everwood was so, so good. The second wasn't too bad, but once they added the baby mama drama I was out. I still have a soft spot for Ephram, Bright, and Amy.

• Love 2

Did you notice that the baby drama on Everwood was almost exactly the same as on Arrow,

Andy offered to give Madison money to not tell Ephram about the pregnancy, it was just like Moira and the unnamed baby-mama.

• Love 1

Did you notice that the baby drama on Everwood was almost exactly the same as on Arrow,

Andy offered to give Madison money to not tell Ephram about the pregnancy, it was just like Moira and the unnamed baby-mama.

LOL, that's exactly why I said it sounded eerily familiar ;)

• Love 1

Did you notice that the baby drama on Everwood was almost exactly the same as on Arrow

If I remember correctly, they also killed a few characters off just for DRAMA that I wasn't too happy about. 

The first time I've seen MG respond to a complaint about Laurel's new BC costume or look...

dumbledoresgirl asked:
Okay, so not the biggest Laurel fan but I am enjoying her progression. She looks kickass in her leathers but one problem. The black lipstick. All I can picture is her running and trying to apply it. It seems a little silly. Also, midseason premier was beyond amazing. Best episode of the season. They're getting better and better!

Thanks so much for the kind words.  Glad you enjoyed the episode.  And, yes, Laurel running and trying to apply makeup would be ridiculous.  That’s why we always have her stop to put on her lipstick…

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I still am baffled she canceled the Portland con with Stephen, i mean her arc starts next week this would have been the perfect oportunity for a con to do some promo. But she cancels.

Not to mention it would have given her the appearance of bonding and being close with her co-workers. It may be unfair to judge solely on social media but from what the cast posts it seems like David Ramsey, Stephen Amell, Colton Haynes and EBR are close. I just don't see a lot of photos of Katie Cassidy with other cast members being posted (Paul Blackthorne posts some of her and himself tho). It would have been great for her to even be seen at Amell's Nocking Point party as well. 

Edited by HighHopes

Is there a panel with SA today or tomorrow at the Con? 

Maybe KC prefers to spend her weekends in LA with her new boyfriend. Who knows. I mean she doesn't have to do the Cons. It is not part of the show's mandatory promotion. 

As for the picture: IMO, the first one with SA laughing and holding the sign is better. There either is some funny filter on the second one or no filter at all.

I think the people at the Portland con are lucky. The joint panel that SA and CL did before seemed like it was fun. Even more so when CL called Emily. Since she doesn't do cons.

It makes me glad that I did spend the money for her pic and her autograph when she was in my city

Wait, he had posted that pic and then he deleted it? Lol

I love the "Hard Rock Cafe-Nanda Parbat" though. :) They should do things like this more often. Recently I saw a lot of fun videos they used to make, I'm a bit disappointed they're not doing it this season-aside from the occasional Foundry fridays pics.

Not to mention it would have given her the appearance of bonding and being close with her co-workers. It may be unfair to judge solely on social media but from what the cast posts it seems like David Ramsey, Stephen Amell, Colton Haynes and EBR are close. I just don't see a lot of photos of Katie Cassidy with other cast members being posted (Paul Blackthorne posts some of her and himself tho). It would have been great for her to even be seen at Amell's Knocking Point party as well. 

Apparently CH posts photos on the set with KC and I know they have hung out together before (CH posted a photo at a tennis match with KC). So they seem to get along.

• Love 1