Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I have to say, I'm glad I watched that video because I had no idea that David Ramsey is so funny and charming.  I knew nothing about him outside of his Arrow interviews where he speaks with depth and intelligent on the show/character.  

The man is hilarious.

• Love 4

There's some chatter on Tumblr about how there was an Oliver/Laurel goodbye scene and that it was cut (here's the link to the post). I have no idea if it's true although some of these folks are talking like they actually know it as fact. If it's true, I wonder what the reasoning is. Edited for time? Didn't fit the flow of the story (it was already a bit uneven)? Truth is, I didn't even notice, and even after, I didn't question it as much. Laurel's life is just so separate from Oliver's these days that it made perfect sense to me he wouldn't feel the need to say goodbye to her.

• Love 4

I'm willing to be persuaded differently but I find it hard to believe that there was an Oliver/Laurel goodbye scene because her storyline was just so much apart from the main plot.  She doesn't know anything about Thea's involvement in Sara's death, she doesn't know what Malcolm gets up to, and she's barely aware of Ra's existence.  To say goodbye, Oliver would have to explain to her the whole story of Ra's ultimatum and why he's offering himself in X's place.  It just doesn't make writing sense.

• Love 7

I don't think Oliver trusted Laurel not to go after Thea... or not to argue with him... or not to follow him.  If I were him, I just wouldn't want the hassle of having to deal with her reaction when he only had a very limited amount of time.

• Love 3

There's some chatter on Tumblr about how there was an Oliver/Laurel goodbye scene and that it was cut (here's the link to the post). I have no idea if it's true although some of these folks are talking like they actually know it as fact. If it's true, I wonder what the reasoning is. Edited for time? Didn't fit the flow of the story (it was already a bit uneven)? Truth is, I didn't even notice, and even after, I didn't question it as much. Laurel's life is just so separate from Oliver's these days that it made perfect sense to me he wouldn't feel the need to say goodbye to her.

If it was really there and cut, I cannot actually place the spot it could have been cut from. The narration didn't allow for another scene - it's just wishfull thinking and speculation. Also, if it was really cut - was it cut from the script or was it filmed and cut?

I guess the way Laurel behaves in the next episode will tell the truth.

I don't think it would've made sense for him to say goodbye to her unless he lied to her about where he was going. He wouldn't have told her he was going to Ra's - if he did you know she'd be a icicle dangling from that cliff because she would've followed him there. He never would've told her Thea killed Sara, because she's so hell-bent on vengeance for Sara's killer that no way would he have been dumb enough to even suggest that he knew who it was and wouldn't tell her. The context in which he left and the reasons for him leaving don't allow for a goodbye with Laurel, so if it was cut, I'm glad it was. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Yeah, I don't really see how a goodbye scene between Oliver and Laurel would have fit the narrative. They spent two seasons yelling/being pissy at each other and then the third season...being slightly less pissy at each other. After the first season we never saw them hanging out as friends either, so I wish someone could tell me why Oliver would be saying a big emotional goodbye to her outside of the comic canon argument that has nothing to do with the TV show.

• Love 6

"I occasionally talk to x, y and X"

Ok, yes, of course.

It wouldn't make sense that they made a goodbye scene, and if they did, it makes sense that they didn't include it.

Oliver couldn't just randomly go and say good bye to her with a  "hey I'm going to a trip". It would make Laurel suspicious, this I credit her. So I agree with who said it was the context who didn't allow that.

• Love 1

He didn't technically say goodbye to Thea either..I don't know, maybe he could have gone and see Laurel, just because..and we'd know that was goodbye. It'd make sense, after all.

ETA: Not saying I believe this person's claims, just that the scene (whether it exists or not-if it does, I surely didn't need it and am glad it got cut) wouldn't have been completely out of place :)

Edited by looptab

Yeah, I've seen that person on Tumblr who says they talk to the Arrow producers occasionally, and I just laugh and laugh and laugh some more at the very nice sockpuppetry.

That conversation would have been awesome, though. "Hey, Laurel, so. My sister killed your sister, and the LoA now wants to kill my sister for killing your sister, so I'm trading myself for my sister so that her murder of your sister can be settled. Cool? K, bye."

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6

(about the "deleted" L/O scene) It wasn’t deleted. The producers chose not to include it.

Isn't that what a deleted scene is, a scene that is shot but the producers decide not to use it?

I think the fact that they would have to go back to s1 to find a romantic shot of Oliver and Laurel says something.

• Love 2

I found this on the tumblr of that "insider" too. LMAO

And then got changed because the producers felt threatened by all those scary Olicity shippers? LOL

I just think that particular tumblr is a scary place.

True. The pages I sometimes visit seem run by sane people, it's the first time I see something like that.

• Love 1

(about the "deleted" L/O scene) It wasn’t deleted. The producers chose not to include it. The original plan was were to use the Laurel/Oliver kiss from S1.

Hmm, okay, for the sake of pretending I believe that person, if way way way back in S1 the Arrow EPs had a plan for S3 that included Ra's killing Oliver in the middle of the season, then yes, sure they would have used the L/O kiss from S1, and Oliver's humanity would be tied to Laurel, and not Felicity. Then I can totally believe that two years ago, the original plan was to use the L/O kiss in this alternate future S3 where L/O worked from S1 onwards.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 4

(about the "deleted" L/O scene) It wasn’t deleted. The producers chose not to include it. The original plan was were to use the Laurel/Oliver kiss from S1.

I always thought that the person was a troll :p I mean think about it, if they did put in the L/O kiss, then how would that have been consistent with the rest of the episode or even season? That's just balderdash I tell you. But entertaining nonetheless lmao

Edited by wonderwall

...and I play poker on Fridays with the EP's. Sure thing.

And after an hour discussion, we've decided not to include the kiss from s1, bacause we're saving it for a more profiund moment. Like maybe Laure's death scene.

This is riddiculous!

• Love 2

People have selective shipping like they have selective hearing and memory. They ship what they think is there when in fact it isn't.

Also, tumbler can pretty great, also a bit of crazy is not a bad thing... However, bat-shit crazy is better reserved for Halloween.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

Hmm... what does SA mean by this posting on his Facebook page?

Stephen Amell 16 hours ago

We have very clever fans.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/770050113080258/?type=1&theater

(I did not put this in the Spoilers thread because I thought it was too vague and ambiguous to be considered a spoiler.)

Edited by tv echo

I wish there was video of this; I feel like I need it in my life. Lol

PB & EBR are giving me John Glover & Alison Mack flashbacks. Glover would always call Alison Mack 'Ms. Mack.' This is the second photo PB has posted with/of EBR with the title 'The One and Only.'

• Love 1

I wish there was video of this; I feel like I need it in my life. Lol

PB & EBR are giving me John Glover & Alison Mack flashbacks. Glover would always call Alison Mack 'Ms. Mack.' This is the second photo PB has posted with/of EBR with the title 'The One and Only.'

To be fair, he does the mr./ms. Thing to just about everyone. Usually KC since she's the one he shots most of his scenes with. And I think i saw the one and only line with her too.

Stephen Amell is doing his 3 million likes Q and A. His last bit of social media before he goes on a break for the holidays. 

If anyone feels like it, I would love it if you liked my question. 

The Q and A is here, and my question is here (should be the first post). 

• Love 3

Stephen Amell is doing his 3 million likes Q and A. His last bit of social media before he goes on a break for the holidays. 

Done. Good luck! :-)

• Love 1

Done

Great, question, I hope he answers it, I'd love to get the BTS scoop.  Stuff like that always fascinates me.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Done!

I hope he answers it!  good question!

• Love 2