Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

#WhoIsFelicitySmoak trended for about 4 hours, actually, prior to and during the episode. MG and the Arrow writers seemed really excited about that.

That's actually pretty impressive since it's not an easy feat to trend for an extended period of time like that. I know there were organized trending attempts but even aside from that, I would be curious to see the details as to the number of unique user tweets for this episode.

It makes me really happy that MamaSmoak trended too. Charlotte Ross was retweeting (probably a handful of) the tweets to her, and there was so much ridiculous love for Donna. I know the producers say it, so I really hope it encourages them to bring her back.

I also saw on Twitter that Nolan Funk was trending about an hour before the episode (probably during his Q&A).

• Love 1

That's actually pretty impressive since it's not an easy feat to trend for an extended period of time like that. I know there were organized trending attempts but even aside from that, I would be curious to see the details as to the number of unique user tweets for this episode.

This site only let's you search for hashtag trends but it's a neat graph of how many tweets using #WhoisFelicitySmoak were tweeted.  https://www.hashtags.org/analytics/whoisfelicitysmoak/

The peak was 8-9pm when there were 17,400 tweets with that tag.

• Love 2

I can also see why SA would want time off. Look at his baby! He misses a lot of time with her.

I truly can't see an actor scaling back at what seems like a peak time unless there's some very serious, extentuating circumstances going on in his personal life.

I remember a few years ago Vincent D'Onofrio collapsed from exhaustion of the set of L&O: Criminal Intent. I guess being in pretty much every scene for four years took its toll. After that, they brought in Chris Noth to do half the episodes and later Jeff Goldblum and the show continued on for another 5 or so seasons.  SA is not in every scene and is younger, but it is a very physical role. I hope they take care of him, 'cos they need him.  I don't begrudge him a bit of time off/a missed episode. I just hope Diggle is front and centre when he's absent.

• Love 1

It makes me really happy that MamaSmoak trended too. Charlotte Ross was retweeting (probably a handful of) the tweets to her, and there was so much ridiculous love for Donna. I know the producers say it, so I really hope it encourages them to bring her back.

I also saw on Twitter that Nolan Funk was trending about an hour before the episode (probably during his Q&A).

I admit to unabashedly fangirling when Charlotte Ross retweeted me twice!  haha  I am waaaayyyy too old to be so excited by this.  

I don't usually do these tweet things, but I needed some cheering up and it was actually a lot of fun.    I did it earlier in the day for awhile (one that got a few retweets was "Who is Felicity Smoak?  A woman motivated by goodness, not hatred or revenge.") and then during the episode. 

• Love 6

Those trend things can be really fun. Some of the folks I follow actually do put interesting stuff in their tweets instead of just counting 1, 2, 3. The live-tweeting is great, too. Especially the last one because a lot of folks came out to party :) And "Who Is Felicity Smoak" and #WhoIsFelicitySmoak combined trended from a little past 5 p.m. until the West Coast viewing.

• Love 1

About six hours ago Stephen Amell tweeted: "I already miss my mustache." Sounds like he already had to take it off. My conclusion is: On Monday, he has to go back to work (=shooting scenes), which means that his absence from the set/ the show/ the episode 3x11 is shorter than I had supposed. Well, I'm happy about that. I don't want to watch ARROW without its protagonist!

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 5

That first video should come with an epilepsy warning omg. I don't know how anyone could live like that. Way too intrusive. 

That first video should come with an epilepsy warning omg. I don't know how anyone could live like that. Way too intrusive. 

Probably that is why many big celebs move out of LA after they have kids and stuff. It was ridiculous, no wonder big name actors move with a whole security squad.

That's awful, I had no idea that someone who's still relatively unknown would get subjected to that.  Seriously it's not like Emily doesn't take tons of pics of herself for her fans anyway, why do the paps need to behave like that?  Are they hoping she faceplants or something? Ugh.

That's awful, I had no idea that someone who's still relatively unknown would get subjected to that.  Seriously it's not like Emily doesn't take tons of pics of herself for her fans anyway, why do the paps need to behave like that?  Are they hoping she faceplants or something? Ugh.

I think they do tend to be more aggressive because then they get a reaction out of the celebrities and thus have a bigger story to tell. "[Actress] at Halloween party" won't sell the same as "[Actress] faceplants/tells of photographers/whatever". So it doesn't matter how accessible a celebrity already is as these people's jobs rely on celebrities acting out or embarrassing themselves. 

• Love 1

I think it was at Matthew Morrison's Hallowe'en party so the paparazzi were there for the bigger stars and they took her picture because they could get some money selling it.

Still, an awful way to have to live.  When Johnny Depp was asked about getting $10 million for a picture, he said it was $1 million for the acting and $9 million for the invasion of privacy that came with it.

I've had one experience with paps living in LA and it was nuts. I was driving home and at a stop light waiting to turn onto Melrose Ave when 3 SUVs pull up, stop short, 3-4 guys jump out and begin running across Melrose (which was in the midst of 5:00 traffic) before they jumped a fence and were photographing whomever was behind it. It was freaky and scary for me; I can't imagine what it's like for celebs. I don't understand how it's legal in any way. I get it if an event is happening but not when you're just living your life. 

• Love 1

I think it was at Matthew Morrison's Hallowe'en party so the paparazzi were there for the bigger stars and they took her picture because they could get some money selling it.

Still, an awful way to have to live.  When Johnny Depp was asked about getting $10 million for a picture, he said it was $1 million for the acting and $9 million for the invasion of privacy that came with it.

I had to google that person, and I still don't know who he is, so I guess the idea of bigger stars is somewhat subjective. But for someone like Emily Bett Rickards, she's a very pretty young woman, and that simple fact will mean she'll get about a million photos taken of her, whenever she goes to any sort of publicity event. Because even if she turns out not to be famous, people will still look at pictures of a beautiful woman on the internet.

The bit I always find gross is when the women have to stop in front of some backdrop bearing the name of an event's sponsor, and have to pose and twirl for the paparazzi, making sure to offer up the requisite leg, cleavage and ass shots. So, so sleazy.

I don't usually watch The Arrow After Show, but with SA on it this week and how John Campea feels about Laurel (he threatened to stop watching if Laurel became BC), it should be pretty entertaining :)

Plus, 3x06 looks like a big Laurel episode

As for John Campea, he's been asking fans to send him their questions on Twitter. From the ones I've seen, this could be a HIGHLY interesting interview but - knowing that SA won't spill anything - it will probably be underwhelming.

I also wonder if SA knows about Campea's pledge to stop watching the show if Laurel becomes Black Canary....

I'm actually not looking forward to SA on the AfterShow because he has had some unprofessional reactions to critics of the show and Campea is so against the Laurel as Black Canary. I can't imagine Campea holding his tongue. 

I wonder if it was just scheduling that SA is on after this episode or if its PR-related. 

Eh I'm sure this Campea guy is like a lot of "entertainment journalists" fill of vim and vinegar in commentary, but will soft pedal any critical or  "hardball" questions when face to face.  I mean he's sort of straddling the line between fanboy/journalist, but I'd still think he'll be at the least diplomatic towards his guest. Having said that I hope he does confront SA about it, like just bring it down to for realisies: the writers can tell any story they want to tell, but no one has to watch it, and that a lot of people aren't interested in seeing Laurel become Black Canary relatively overnight via her sisters brutal murder. I actually wonder if SA (and the network/producers) scheduled this in part to mediate to the large balance of the audience that are not 'fans of Laurel'. To placate and minimize any fears about her story line.

I actually wonder if SA (and the network/producers) scheduled this in part to mediate to the large balance of the audience that are not 'fans of Laurel'. To placate and minimize any fears about her story line.

I think it's just a coincidence. SA seems to have some time off from filming and the Arrow After Show films in LA. Although I'm not sure if SA is just phoning in as a guest or if he'll actually be there in person.

I think it's just a coincidence. SA seems to have some time off from filming and the Arrow After Show films in LA. Although I'm not sure if SA is just phoning in as a guest or if he'll actually be there in person.

He appeared in person when he was interviewed during the winter break last year.

SA is a fan of the show I believe.

SA randomly phoned in last season to the Aftershow. But that was during 2A when the show was awesome. I'm not watching Arrow anymore but I do continue to watch the Aftershow. 

I miss their Firefly Aftershow. They did like 3 eps then stopped. 

Edited by Sakura12

SA randomly phoned in last season to the Aftershow. But that was during 2A when the show was awesome. I'm not watching Arrow anymore but I do continue to watch the Aftershow. 

I miss their Firefly Aftershow. They did like 3 eps then stopped. 

You are right.  The Quiver (I think) is the one he appeared on live.

Eh I'm sure this Campea guy is like a lot of "entertainment journalists" fill of vim and vinegar in commentary, but will soft pedal any critical or  "hardball" questions when face to face.  I mean he's sort of straddling the line between fanboy/journalist, but I'd still think he'll be at the least diplomatic towards his guest. Having said that I hope he does confront SA about it, like just bring it down to for realisies: the writers can tell any story they want to tell, but no one has to watch it, and that a lot of people aren't interested in seeing Laurel become Black Canary relatively overnight via her sisters brutal murder. I actually wonder if SA (and the network/producers) scheduled this in part to mediate to the large balance of the audience that are not 'fans of Laurel'. To placate and minimize any fears about her story line.

I doubt Campea is going to come right out and ask SA about Laurel becoming Insta-Canary. In reality though, he doesn't need to. I'm sure Stephen is well aware of how the audience views her which is why he got so defensive when the S3 poster came out. No good can come of asking about it anyway. Stephen isn't going to agree with him because that would look terrible (and would probably piss off the EPs). I'm sure he'll be positive and encouraging about the storyline because he wants people to watch the show so he can keep his job.

I do hope someone asks Stephen about his light shooting schedule and how that will play into screen time after the mid-season finale. That's the thing I'm most anxious about.

• Love 2

I'd assume that everyone involved with the show knows about their problem with Laurel. I don't think that the complaints are new to them. While I'd really like for John to voice his opinion (just to see a reaction) I doubt he'd ask it in a way that would make SA angry. SA might already know about John's Laurel/Roy criticism therefore he won't be blindsided. But I really do hope the episode delivers because if there is one character John likes even less than Laurel, it's Roy. So if it is full of Roy and Laurel I can't wait to see what he's going to say if he doesn't like 3x06 (with SA right there).  

Edited by Belinea

NumberCruncher, are you going to tweet to the Arrow Aftershow to ask about the light shooting schedule or should someone else do it?

Since SA is not stupid or naive,  he knows the Laurel question will come up. He'll either have a diplomatic answer prepared (we all work very hard; different people like different aspects of the show) or he'll have gone over the issue with Campea before the show so the question won't get asked.

But I really do hope the episode delivers because if there is one character John likes even less than Laurel, it's Roy. So if it is full of Roy and Laurel I can't wait to see what he's going to say if he doesn't like 3x06 (with SA right there).  

LOL, you're right.  One of the women likes Roy but Campea has no time for him.  (He's also no fan of Olicity, I think because he likes Felicity as she is now.)

I have the feeling it's going to be a bad episode to be asked questions of.

Since SA is not stupid or naive,  he knows the Laurel question will come up. He'll either have a diplomatic answer prepared (we all work very hard; different people like different aspects of the show) or he'll have gone over the issue with Campea before the show so the question won't get asked.

I'm just waiting for his: "The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy," answer lol. Honestly, I know this sounds horrible but I'm looking forward to Stephen being confronted with the Laurel situation. I feel like it sometimes gets brushed off as a shipper thing.

Someone asked Campea on twitter if he was gonna tell Stephen he'd stop watching if Laurel became BC & he said yes. https://twitter.com/johncampea/status/531949454170263552

I stopped watching the after show because some very sexist remarks were made but I plan to suffer through tomorrow night.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 3

There are some pretty good questions there, like when why is Laurel being so bossy in the Arrow Cave, why are we getting so little O/D/F Team Arrow, why doesn't Diggle have a costume, why don't Diggle and Felicity have code names.  And is season 3 moving into the GA/BC show.

I hope some of those get asked.

Stephen says to hang in there and Laurel won't go from the girl who was beat up in episode 3 to what Caity Lotz was, but it's television and things have to move relatively quickly. We will see a huge pay off in episode 10-12. 

HE also said that part of the problem with Laurel along with Tommy and Thea was that she was isolated from everything in the beginning of the season. 

The winter premiere will be great and that they do read only criticism and it plays into how they write the show somewhat. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Stephen says that "One of the shows least favorite things is having a VOTW but it's necessary when they have 23 episodes

All of them seem to have liked the episode a lot. 

LOL Stephen made fun of the "Arsenal" dialogue 

John is so cringeworthy

Edited by ban1o

He says ep 10 has been the worst in the first two seasons so this season they found a really great way to do it. 

If you like the show, trust the writers.  More about this being Laurel's island (although it may be Ann Campea), and everything is so wonderful.

He has a future in politics.

Basically, Campea is so excited to have him on the show, it's a puff piece.  But he did say that Laurel aside, the woman in the show are written really well.

SA said episodes 6 and 7 bridge the gap between the start of the show and the fall finale.  He loves working with Laurel in his Arrow persona.

Diggle was being the devil's advocate in telling Oliver to dump Roy.

Campea's favorite episode was The Magician, SA agrees it was very good.

LOL "Stephen Amell's performace wasn't the best this episode." 

Stephen is  defending Diggle's behavior and characterization this episode. 

Edited by ban1o

Stephen says it's safe to assume mirakuru is done on the show 

They predicted that Thea will be evil since she's on "Team Merlyn" but Stephen says that they are "totally wrong"

Stephen doesn't think Merlyn is evil. 

Edited by ban1o