Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Interesting tidbit, one of SAs recent follows on twitter is a PR guy. That guy is following both him and CJ and he liked, RT'd CJs tweet. 

Everything isn't PR but it wouldn't surprise me if this weekend was. 

• Love 3

Any PR person who thinks that Cassandra's tweet was a good move is probably someone they shouldn't have on their payroll. Unless the goal is to make them look like ridiculous people in the hopes of...IDK, getting a reality show or something. 

He seems to do PR for Nocking Point, so hopefully he's not advising them personally. If so, yikes!

• Love 8

I think both SA and his wife's reaction to that View video was more or less them being lowkey excited that they were mentioned on tv(it was on tv right?) and they acted all offended tagging the View accounts because they wanted to continue this small menion they got,to turn it into a fuss and make it a bigger deal than it was. The video wasnt offending them imo,it was just randomly using his public post to be sarcastic about couples. 

Nocking Point is a celebrity brand so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he told SA to go to Coachella and arranged for some mentions for SA/CJ. 

That being said, I think he probably sucks at his job. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

MG also clarified that this wasn't an official PR poster...

Still, it's a nice poster. I tried to find info on Trevor Hanowski. If I found the right guy, he's a Vancouver digital artist, comic book artist, and bodybuilder....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8065419/
http://trianone.deviantart.com/
https://www.behance.net/trianone
https://twitter.com/trianone (protected)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SA seems to have a talent for turning a harmless Facebook post into a twitter 'fight'. But if they wanted to get their names out there by fighting with Whoopie,  I only wonder if they really thought  anyone cares that much... 

Also, how cute is she after having just found the tv. 

Edited by Belinea

Latest nonspoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on Apr. 19 (including MG's snarky replies)...

smtabone asked:
Marc, remember in 3x01 when oliver apologised to felicity about how their date went and she said "Believe it or not, I have had worse first dates" will we ever get a flashback to one of those dates or will she ever mention it again? Lol

That’s what all the Season 10 flashbacks will be.

smtabone asked:
Marc, if you could choose any other character on the show for Emily to play, who would you choose? (For the record, she is 100% perfect as Felicity Smoak, I am just curious)

Slade Wilson.  Duh.

robwrecks asked:
So what's your secret to handling self entitled fans?

Sarcasm and an appreciation for fans of any stripe.

robwrecks asked:
Any chance we'll get an Arrow tie-in comic that explores what Rory's up too after he leaves to deal with his suit? (If this got sent the first time, I apologize for the double message)

Anything’s possible!

amalmrwz asked:
Im a member of the arrow reddit and i just wanted to let you know that most of the sub is having positive opinion about your work this season. There are many posts there appreciating your work this season. Making the show grounded again and focusing on the story rather than drama has really helped.(*) Well done!! Hope you keep up the good work in the finale and next season!! Also, can we get a more faithful depiction of hacking on the show? Some of the technobabble on the show makes less sense. :)

Thanks for sending that along!
We’ll work on the technobabble.  :)

(* This comment really puzzles me. Arrow is a TV drama series. What is the "story" if not drama?  The entire Prometheus revenge storyline is drama/melodrama. The entire Oliver thinking he's a monster is drama/melodrama. Etc.) 

smoakd asked:
My 10 year old niece now wants to go into computer sciences. So I'd like to thank you and Emily and Felicity Smoak for being such an inspiration :')

This makes my day!

optickaliber asked:
Hi Marc! I was wondering, How will the upcoming writer's strike affect Arrow and the other dc shows in terms of writing before production starts?

I’m optimistic that there won’t be a strike, but in the event there is, I would imagine it would postpone the start of the new seasons because scripts aren’t written yet.

whoatisashley asked:
So I jumped on the whole Arrow train way late. Literally it was like last October. I was super unaware of all the apparent drama until reading some of your asks, could have definitely lived without seeing that side of the fandom. Anyyyways, all that bullshit aside, I think you're great. I think the cast is also great. The show is fucking bonkers in the best way and it has quickly become a favorite of mine. Also Emily Bett Rickards could prob punch me in the face & I'd still think she's the best.

Welcome aboard!

defyinggravity10 asked:
Please convince the CW to put the episodes back on hulu.

Believe me, it’s not a question of my persuasive abilities.

defyinggravity10 asked:
Do you have a favorite scene from Arrow? And, if so, what scene is it?

It’s typically the last scene we shot.  :)

justinebenard asked:
Would you be interested in making an Arrow halloween episode where there are bunch of people dressing up as vigilantes / green arrow and Oliver keeps seeing them and complaining. Then it would give a chance for Felicity Smoak to wear a costume again haha

That’s a great idea.

songbin asked:
Can we have a OTA POSTER for season 6 ??? Or a Arrow team poster?

The official posters are created by the CW.  You’d have to ask them, I’m afraid.

littledoyaknow asked:
Do you see oliver and felicity adopting a dog or a cat as a pet? or perhaps a piglet?

You really want my line producer to kill me, don’t you?

bekaoperetta asked:
I would like to know who's going to be on the panel at SDCC. (PS: I am totally planning on camping out to get front row seats.) ??

I think Warner Bros publicity is still figuring that out.

fight--for--now asked:
I know you, Greg, and AK all worked on Smallville back in the day. A lot of those latter episodes (S7-10) had so many great Clark and Lois episodes and moments. If you can take some inspiration from that for Olicity going forward, I'll love you for life.

A LOT of Arrow crewmembers and directors worked on Smallville.  Y’know who didn’t?  Me.  Greg.  Andrew.  :)

olicitysarrow1 asked:
Why are you so hard on seasons three and four when they had great ratings? Just because some vocal minority of male “comic fans” complain and whine, doesn’t mean that your general audience didn’t enjoy those seasons (until 4b anyway). I’m curious why when ratings were strong and steady, the core team was loved and character development was valued over needing to write plot for the sake of plot.

I’m VERY proud of Seasons 3 and 4.  Very.  Very.  VERY.

becitravel asked:
Just wanted to share this My 12yr old cancer pt on the children's ward at my work I have looked after for many months is packing his green backpack Me: jack are you running away? Jack: yes Me: ok can ask where you are going? Jack: Oliver needs help. U saw the ep last night. Me: right Jack: u always said u have to help anyone u can who is hurt and Oliver is hurt. Me: okay that's awesome. I am pretty sure ur family will miss u. Jack: I left a note recruiting fans of the show i ❤ ???

You just killed me.  I have no words.

arrowsandkeystrokes asked:
ONE MORE TIME This is your daily reminder that Olicity needs to be married in Bali Vancouver can be converted to Bali easily?

You’ve never been to Vancouver, have you?

fight--for--now asked:
Ok ok ok.....one last time. 3 emojis for Felicity in the finale. Come on Marc, I'm sure you can figure out a way to tease and not spoil it!

My emoji game is not strong.

e-uropa asked:
Hello Marc, I hope all is well! I just wanted to say thanks for returning to Tumblr and answering asks.. feels like the good ol' days ;) Also, thank you for dealing with the different types of fans and their various forms of opinions.. everyone is entitled to their opinion and some are louder and/or more condescending about it but don't let it get to you. Keep telling the story you want and do it with happiness! Good luck with everything and I'm not looking forward to the treacherous break.

Thank you so much!

olicityarmy101 asked:
is emily bett rickards as adorable & funny as she seems? ?

Honestly?  Yes.

olicityarmy101 asked:
Stephen once said at a con that if you don't care about Oliver's personal relationships, you don't care about his journey. I think it's important for people to know that. Thea, Diggle & Felicity are part of that.

I agree.

ota-olicity asked:
The poster by the new design guy was cool; any chance we'll get new OTA pictures or an official Olicity photoshoot soon?

Photoshoots are the province of the CW.

infinitepunches asked:
Hey, Marc. (Third time's a charm) Do you remember the character Thomas Flynn from the episode The Promise? He was the priest with the rat on the Amazo. He lived but we never saw him after he reached Lian Yu. Will we ever see him again? I found him strangely interesting.

I do remember him.  The actor who played him chose to do another series.

justinebenard asked:
are you on board of the olicity baby train??????

There’s an actual train?

justinebenard asked:
Will we ever see Laura Hoffman and her slow cookers again?

As a villain-of-the-week, maybe.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

amalmrwz asked:
Im a member of the arrow reddit and i just wanted to let you know that most of the sub is having positive opinion about your work this season. There are many posts there appreciating your work this season. Making the show grounded again and focusing on the story rather than drama has really helped.(*) Well done!! Hope you keep up the good work in the finale and next season!! Also, can we get a more faithful depiction of hacking on the show? Some of the technobabble on the show makes less sense. :)

(* This comment really puzzles me. Arrow is a TV drama series. What is the "story" if not drama?  The entire Prometheus revenge storyline is drama/melodrama. The entire Oliver thinking he's a monster is drama/melodrama. Etc.)

Forgive me for being thick, but was the part in italics your observation or MG's?  

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Forgive me for being thick, but was the part in italics your observation or MG's?  

It's not MG's - his answer was just this: 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's not MG's - his answer was just this: 

Thanks for that clarification!

6 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

These people are so dense lol idiots 

Aww!  That hurts!  

(Yes, purposely misunderstanding your comment, lol)

• Love 1

Yes - the italicized parenthetical comment (*) was mine.

I would add that episodes 517 and 518, where Chase broke Oliver down and its ramifications, were two entire hours heavily focused on drama.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Yes - the italicized parenthetical comment (*) was mine.

I would add that episodes 517 and 518, where Chase broke Oliver down and its ramifications, were two entire hours heavily focused on drama.

Absolutely.  Like you said, the whole show is drama and at least half of that is melodrama.   

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

lmao why am i not surprised that the only unbelievable thing reddit finds is the tech hacking (aka felicitys expertise) while they have zero issue with all those instant vigilantes.

• Love 14

Have we ever seen Oliver taking off his new GA jacket? Because the sleeves seem to be detached and then velcroed on or something to the shirt he wears under the jacket. It took me a minute or two to comprehend that was what was throwing me off about this photo.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

Newsarama did a live blog of MG's panel at C2E2 today (this is his only scheduled panel, he just has scheduled signings on Sat. and Sun.)...

C2E2 2017: Marvel's RESURRXION Panel
By George Marston April 21, 2017 
http://www.newsarama.com/34165-c2e2-2017-marvel-s-resurrxion-panel.html

The first major panel of C2E2 2017 is Marvel Comics' ResurrXion. Marvel's Chris D'Lando will moderate a panel scheduled to include writers Marc Guggenheim, Matthew Rosenberg, and Charles Soule, as well as editors Nick Lowe, Wil Moss, and Christina Harrington. With the ResurrXion line encompassing both the X-Men and Inhumans titles, look for talk about both - as well as the newly-announced Inhumans: Once & Future Kings.
14:32
First up, Guggenheim talked about X-Men: Gold, which received a lukewarm response from the audience. 

14:32 
He discussed the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. "I like to call them the Brotherhood of Self-Aware Mutants."

14:33
We'll find out why they identify as "Evil Mutants" in X-Men: Gold #3.

14:33
"These are the X-Men I grew up with," said Guggenheim, who said his first X-Men comic book was Uncanny X-Men #139.

14:34 
Guggenheim talked about taking responsibility for the X-Men, while Kitty Pryde did the same thing. "I've been with the X-Men as long as Kitty has."

14:34
"I feel like our experience overlap. And we're both Jewish - and cute!" he joked.

14:35 
Guggenheim said he's planting a seed with a new character that will pay off around X-Men: Gold #20.

14:36
Guggenheim talked about bringing Kitty Pryde and Colossus back together, saying that he and Ken Lashley will do a done-in-one story focusing on the former couple.

14:37 
An upcoming story features Gambit botching a heist which leads to the accidental creation of nanotech Sentinels. "It's gonna push the X-Men to their limits - especially Rachel."
14:41
Guggenheim teased that the Gambit arc will also have a strong effect on Colossus. "I'm getting back to the basics, but one of the constants of the X-Men is change."

14:42 
Guggenheim called his arc with Lashley "a locked room horror story." It will introduce a new X-Cutioner, who is "kind of like Punisher, if he only targeted mutants."

14:42 
X-Cutioner will be locked in the X-Mansion trying to kill the X-Men.
15:24
A fan asked about how the X-Men books can be new reader friendly when they're so deeply tied to continuity and nostalgia. 

15:25
Guggenheim referred to his goal with writing to add in references and Easter eggs that relate to X-Men history, but that if you know the history you'll notice the references.

15:26 
Guggenheim compared his approach to John Byrne's run on Fantastic Four, returning the book to the basics and using that as a method to bring in new ideas.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

You know, if all this leads to KC being known more for playing Black Siren than Black Canary, I won't complain. Yes, I know, that's petty of me. But silver linings, right? ;) Lol.

In the text of the tweets, EK was "aka Curtis Holt" , but KC was "@cw_arrow vigilante". They don't even know what to call her now.

You know, I really dislike that the "bad" Black Canary has the name of Black Siren because when I read the name Black Siren, my mind always goes to Timm's Justice League's "Legends'" Black Siren, who was a HERO, and not a villain. I see that name used on this show for a villain, and my mind just screams how WRONG it all is.

Okay, now I'll go back to my cave and continue with my Classic Bollywood movies marathon watching.??

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You know, I really dislike that the "bad" Black Canary has the name of Black Siren because when I read the name Black Siren, my mind always goes to Timm's Justice League's "Legends'" Black Siren, who was a HERO, and not a villain. I see that name used on this show for a villain, and my mind just screams how WRONG it all is.

Okay, now I'll go back to my cave and continue with my Classic Bollywood movies marathon watching.??

I'd rather not have known there was a universe where Black Siren was a hero.  I don't like it giving the show runners ideas.  

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd rather not have known there was a universe where Black Siren was a hero.  I don't like it giving the show runners ideas.  

Andrew Kreisberg wrote those Justice League episodes, so I don't think they're unaware of it.  Since Black Siren popped up on The Flash first, I'm sure that's where they got the idea from.

Edited by Starfish35
clarification
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well that might change.....
EpgG6.gif

58 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They werre totally influenced by the show lol. The costume looks like it adapted part of it as well. Though we also have Scream Queen for Canaries E-3 evil counterpart from JL:C2E 

LOL. Olicity would be nothing without SA and EBR and how they elevate the material. The writers are so lucky that chemistry fell into their laps. Honestly, truly.

Also, I just noticed in the 301 script that Oliver was gonna go after Felicity after they kissed but the phone call from Barry stopped him.

BARRY ALLEN I WILL MURDER YOU. Dude is out there stopping OTP's from being together and erasing baby girls. I wanna fight!

Edited by Guest

I thought it was interesting that the original script for 3x01 had Oliver kiss Felicity and say "Now tell me I don't love you" but was changed/ad-libbed "Don't ask me to say I don't love you".

Also I could be remembering this wrong but I thought Stephen said ad-libbed the "It was red" line? 

39 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Also I could be remembering this wrong but I thought Stephen said ad-libbed the "It was red" line? 

I remember him mentioning the line and how he got annoyed/bewildered because he (the Arrow lexicon) couldn't remember while "Oliver" did, and he had to go rewatch 103 to make sure it was right before he felt comfortable saying it.

• Love 1

I like the "Don't ask me to say I don't love you" line better, but I wish they would have kept him carrying her into the bunker after the explosion and holding her when she came to.  I love seeing these script pages.

• Love 1

So - What do you guys think of the whole WGA strike? I'm not really aware of the situation in 2008, but for those of you who know, what would we expect if the writers DO go on strike? Also - do any of you know the possibility of them going on strike? 

40 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

So - What do you guys think of the whole WGA strike? I'm not really aware of the situation in 2008, but for those of you who know, what would we expect if the writers DO go on strike? Also - do any of you know the possibility of them going on strike? 

Due to the timing of this, it would push back majority of mainstream tvs fall starts. Arrow and co. wouldn't begin filming until probably August or later and most likely cause a 19-20 episode season. Last time the strike took place towards the middle of the tv season which caused  shows to have shorter seasons and get back to work later (it ended early Feb) so we basically were on a 3 month long hiatus. A lot of people would be out of work which would suck for everyone bts.

Marc tweeted about the strike and looks like it has a very good chance of happening

Edited by Primal Slayer

Here's what I don't get I read a Huffington post article from 2014 that said that even the low level staff writers are on $3700 a week by WAG rates which translates to about $90-100,000 a year? So to me it seems like they are on a more then reasonable wage, especially when there are teachers and nurses, fire fighters, trash collectors people who provide vital needs of the community on far less *shrug*

Edited by LeighAn