Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

High five @Velocity23 !!!

I'd be mightly surprised if we don't get an Olicity sex scene at some point as it feels kind of inevitable but not "I'm going to eat a shoe" inevitable yet. 

But I was just kidding around about that being the redacted part of the post.

Disclaimer: however if turns out to be true I'm going to deny it and act like I was the first person to call it cause that's how I roll ;)

• Love 5

Sex scene working out might be accurate I could get on board with that train as a possibility. Not sure that is a happy thought for me right now, because if they keep DumbDoucheOQ that we have right now, most days I would prefer FS just find a good vibrator. I don't want her having sex with DumbDouchOQ, even if I'm way overdue and craving a O/F sex scene. Damn my brain for wanting good characterization over plot.

On another note, for me it's hard to see SA's back as OQ's back, because I miss the scars & tattoos. So when I see SA shirtless with a hat on I think SA is working out for something personal like a new role or Ninja Warrior; my mind doesn't immediately connect it to OQ's potential journey. It's not OQ's body. I have completely detached all of SA's work-out social media from being Arrow related. Same thing for EBR's work-out media, it's not FS. Although, I firmly believe the show is wasting a lot of EBR's potential by not allowing her to use her body more on the show. Because she has amazing technique, physique and could be completely kickass in stunt work.

• Love 4

Maybe MG is networking for new talent, the show could certainly use an injection of creativity and quality writing. Or maybe he needs some pin money, because he's been cutoff from his allowance. Either way it was one night out in LA to promote his shows, it's more business than pleasure. I don't see it as neglecting his duties.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, JenMD said:

He was talking about it a while ago, nothing concrete, iirc.   That's an interesting guess, though.  Los Angeles qualifier/final films next Wed/Thurs...

I am guessing it's a go then.  Someone asked about a good sandwich he has eaten.  He said something about he will have one March 10 (Friday). Until then not so much. His diet has been lean protein and veggies with limited carbs in the evening. His wife also hates wheat.

• Love 1

I thought I saw Arrow trend on Wednesday (from all the rage tweeting, I would bet, and maybe the Prometheus reveal) but it's not enough again to get them in the top 5 Nielsen Social Daily Ratings. The Chicago universe, though ... 

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 2.52.37 PM.png

5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I thought I saw Arrow trend on Wednesday (from all the rage tweeting, I would bet, and maybe the Prometheus reveal) but it's not enough again to get them in the top 5 Nielsen Social Daily Ratings. The Chicago universe, though ... 

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 2.52.37 PM.png

Arrow trends every week. 

3 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Arrow trends every week. 

Oh, does it? I haven't noticed. I saw Felicity trending 3 consecutive weeks, but didn't notice Arrow. Well, good for them then. They still haven't made it back on the Nielsen Social, though, where they were a fixture before. I think the last time they made it was 509 when Stephen live-tweeted. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, does it? I haven't noticed. I saw Felicity trending 3 consecutive weeks, but didn't notice Arrow. Well, good for them then. They still haven't made it back on the Nielsen Social, though, where they were a fixture before. I think the last time they made it was 509 when Stephen live-tweeted. 

Well to be fair shows with 5K tweets during live tweeting, trend each week so trending means nothing. The arrow trend usually pops up after the episode is aired on east coast,i dont know why. Same thing happens with the 100. It usually reaches 15K tweets or so each episode,huge drop to previous seasons.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, kismet said:

Arrow does not trend every week. At least not this season.

I see it trending in US each week(maybe not every week but most weeks). Its not trending during the airing though,for some reason. 

For example there was an episode that big belly burger,Black Canary and Felicity trended during the episode(i think it was 5x11) but Arrow wasnt trending. Once the episode was over,arrow started trending ranking #2 in US for at least one hour. 

Edited by theOAfc
(edited)
11 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I see it trending in US each week(maybe not every week but most weeks). Its not trending during the airing though,for some reason. 

For example there was an episode that big belly burger,Black Canary and Felicity trended during the episode(i think it was 5x11) but Arrow wasnt trending. Once the episode was over,arrow started trending ranking #2 in US for at least one hour. 

Most is not EVERY.  You said Every, that is a big difference. Because previous seasons, I believe they were hitting a trend every week, especially during episode. I often watch after the show airs because I work some Weds nights. And so I could get a feel from Twitter trends the intensity of the show by how soon or how long Arrow trended. I also often tweet during Empire which is directly after Arrow, so I monitor how long before it drops.

I get your point. I just wanted to state a fact. Arrow has not been trending every week. And others mentioned it is not hitting the Nielsen Social Ratings consistently or weekly, which is probably more important to the show.

39 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Arrow trends every week. 

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, kismet said:

Most is not EVERY.  You said Every, that is a big difference. Because previous seasons, I believe they were hitting a trend every week, especially during episode. I often watch after the show airs because I work some Weds nights. And so I could get a feel from Twitter trends the intensity of the show by how soon or how long Arrow trended. I also often tweet during Empire which is directly after Arrow, so I monitor how long before it drops.

I get your point. I just wanted to state a fact. Arrow has not been trending every week. And others mentioned it is not hitting the Nielsen Social Ratings consistently or weekly, which is probably more important to the show.

Oh yeah,i shouldnt have said "every". I havent paid attention to all episodes but from 5x09 till 5x15 it has been trending each week. My point was that trending doesnt mean much when there are shows with 5k tweets during live tweeting that also reach the top 10 trends in US each week. It doesnt mean anything about ratings and doesnt indicate that much about Nielsen social rankings either.  For example both 5x15 and 5x10 were trending for hours afterwards but they both had very low ratings this season. 5x15 had ratings close to series low.

• Love 2
(edited)

In other words, trending doesn't mean much but not trending does and the show has been not trending a lot this season.

As MG likes to point out, apathy is worse than rage.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

His diet has been lean protein and veggies with limited carbs in the evening. His wife also hates wheat.

I do have to admit that I am fortunate enough to not have any allergies or anything of that sort. Not being able to eat dairy or wheat sounds like such a 'horrible' thing to me. I mean, I pay attention to what I eat but I just generally don't want to think about what I eat all the time. That would put me in a bad mood constantly. I don't know how people do it. I wouldn't have the will power.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, theOAfc said:

Oh yeah,i shouldnt have said "every". I havent paid attention to all episodes but from 5x09 till 5x15 it has been trending each week. My point was that trending doesnt mean much when there are shows with 5k tweets during live tweeting that also reach the top 10 trends in US each week. It doesnt mean anything about ratings and doesnt indicate that much about Nielsen social rankings either.  For example both 5x15 and 5x10 were trending for hours afterwards but they both had very low ratings this season. 5x15 had ratings close to series low.

I think what you saw were tailored trends ... those are different, and not actual trend. If I recall correctly, Arrow has trended 3 or 4 times this season ... and that too for very short times, not longer hours long trend like before 

6 hours ago, Belinea said:

I do have to admit that I am fortunate enough to not have any allergies or anything of that sort. Not being able to eat dairy or wheat sounds like such a 'horrible' thing to me. I mean, I pay attention to what I eat but I just generally don't want to think about what I eat all the time. That would put me in a bad mood constantly. I don't know how people do it. I wouldn't have the will power.

I have a friend that found out she had celiac disease (allergic to wheat) as a kid.  And even now as an adult she frequently does NOT have the will power, lol.  She might pay for it with some uncomfortable spells but there are a lot of times that she says the pizza or pasta is just sooo worth it.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He's really a blonde? I never knew that, it looks kind of weird. Guess I'll get used to it.

He's not blonde. That is all grey/white. He's been coloring his hair for years. He said he started going grey at like 35

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
Just now, way2interested said:

It's really hard not to think of this whenever I see him have lighter hair again:

cZwJTXC.jpg

That is bleach blonde.

He's a silver fox underneath all that. 

Glad to see Lyla returning to Arrow, since that is all I got from the tweet. Here's hoping it's good news for the Diggles. My gut feels it might not be, but I'll air on hopeful.

• Love 1

Basically all theyve done is soap opera'd Laurel. You know when soaps get rid of an actor/actress and replace them with another actor/actress. Pretty much all theyve done. Got rid of Katie for whatever reason and replaced her with Juliana but essentially kept the character virtually the same. Insignificant character who makes little sense or purpose to the story but throws a cool line and kicks ass *shrug*

• Love 8

She's even gone a little blonder, IMO. At least from her 511 appearance. Or am I seeing things?

I think its hard to tell if she is actually blonder or if its the lighting. Arrow is literally such a dark show, that perhaps her hair has been this color and we just never noticed.

I hope they don't make her dye her hair blonder. Just get a wig, it makes more sense on all levels both in show and out of show. Then again, it's what a lot of brunettes or people greying do, so maybe its JH.

54 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Basically all theyve done is soap opera'd Laurel. You know when soaps get rid of an actor/actress and replace them with another actor/actress. Pretty much all theyve done. Got rid of Katie for whatever reason and replaced her with Juliana but essentially kept the character virtually the same. Insignificant character who makes little sense or purpose to the story but throws a cool line and kicks ass *shrug*

She's an upgrade though because she's more believable as a badass Black Canary and she doesn't have the bad triangley backstories Laurel had.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She's an upgrade though because she's more believable as a badass Black Canary and she doesn't have the bad triangley backstories Laurel had.

I've been reading snippets on Dinah Drake and now I wonder if they deliberately killed Laurel and put in a version of BC that didn't hook up with Oliver Queen in the Comics. My comics knowledge is non existent but  all the things I read film Google seem to indicate she's not the version that hooks up with OQ.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've been reading snippets on Dinah Drake and now I wonder if they deliberately killed Laurel and put in a version of BC that didn't hook up with Oliver Queen in the Comics. My comics knowledge is non existent but  all the things I read film Google seem to indicate she's not the version that hooks up with OQ.

Well after they failed so royally on delivering a quality LL, that might be the smartest decision they made regarding BC. Bring in a non-LI BC makes sense, no guarantee it will stay that way or that is their intention. But it was clear that their version of LL failed early on, and they repeatedly showed either no desire or skill to fix it properly - sending LL away from Arrow was a good call. Replacing her with DDrake is still too early to call, although it does seem smarter than whatever thought process created Arrow's LL backstory & character trajectory.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Depends on which version. Golden Age (or Silver Age) Dinah did have a thing with OQ after Larry Lance died (and she jumped Earths). This was before the 80s retcon which changed Black Canary into 2 different versions Mother/daughter. Since then OQ was paired with Dinah Laurel Lance. Of course even if you go by the pre-80s DD/OQ they had a thing but never married. 

That being said I don't believe it was at all intentional to kill LL and replace her with DD.  I think there was a LOT of BTS stuff involved and hope to one day get the E! True Hollywood Story

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That being said I don't believe it was at all intentional to kill LL and replace her with DD.  I think there was a LOT of BTS stuff involved and hope to one day get the E! True Hollywood Story

Oooh is that a possibility or is the show too small fry for them to do a huge expose on it?