Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Is that Stephen's wife in between Willa and David?

Yep. Cassandra. Or as I remember her, that girl from that season of ANTM who quit when they cut her hair. (Only a little bit of judgment - ANTM's styling decisions are not always better for the model.)

• Love 2

Is there some sort of law that all men (apart from John Barrowman) have to wear back-to-front baseball caps practically glued to their heads? That's what I'm getting from that picture.

• Love 1

Who is the guy on the left?

Google images thinks it might be KC's boyfriend.  At least that what I Googled to get his picture to pop up.  To be fair so does SA's.  LOl. 

I'm bad with faces.  Is that the hockey player Jarett Stoll?

Edited by BkWurm1

Google images thinks it might be KC's boyfriend.  At least that what I Googled to get his picture to pop up.  To be fair so does SA's.  LOl. 

It is her boyfriend - he plays in the NHL

Edited by apinknightmare

Yep. Cassandra. Or as I remember her, that girl from that season of ANTM who quit when they cut her hair. (Only a little bit of judgment - ANTM's styling decisions are not always better for the model.)

omg I remember that! haha 

I'm bad with faces.  Is that the hockey player Jarett Stoll?

No, his name is Jason Garrison

Keep the baby away from the beer!!!!!

That baby is all kinds of adorable. "Your hair is in my way, Emily."

Lol That baby has alot going on with her in that picture. She's all yeah yeah, just take the picture, I'm busy with my beer.

Edited by icandigit
  • Love 1

From Willa's Instagram page:

Check out what she wrote on the top side :-P. her scenes with Barrowman are going to be amazing- can you imagine what the gag reel will look like?!!

http://instagram.com/p/r3WqYTJGwX/

I can't seem to add it as a picture. if anyone is able to, please.

ETA: If you're in Canada- According to his facebook Stephen will be at the Fan Expo in Canada because: he has a lighter schedule next episode, which should be episode 5 AKA the Felicity episode. interesting.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I kind of agree with her with that and I also wish the celebrities doing the challenge would focus more on the donating part than the how awesome they can get Ice water poured on their heads. I did like Emily and Colton's and hope they did donate that money they were throwing around. They don't have to say how much they are giving but just say that they are in fact donating while also taking the challenge. 

Edited by Sakura12

I dont think Caity will be doing the Ice Bucket Challenge :( 

http://instagram.com/p/r5VrRguGRH/?modal=true

I'm biased because a loved one passed away last year from ALS, and it's one of the most horrifying diseases a person can get, and there's not much awareness around it. Yes, there are people who are participating who are doing it for the wrong reasons and/or doing it without knowing why and not donating, and I agree that the celebrities should mention more about the donation aspect, but clearly the viral campaign is working since ALS charities are reporting receiving 10 times their normal donations this month.

Could there be a better way to go about it? Yeah, sure. But I won't complain if that money eventually saves a person from having their body quite literally kill them. It's terrifying.

• Love 4

I kind of agree with her with that and I also wish the celebrities doing the challenge would focus more on the donating part than the how awesome they can get Ice water poured on their heads. I did like Emily and Colton's and hope they did donate that money they were throwing around. They don't have to say how much they are giving but just say that they are in fact donating while also taking the challenge. 

I just assume the celebs are donating in addition to the challenge.

The latest figures are almost 23 million dollars raised compared to last years 1.9 million during the same time period. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/19/ice-bucket-challenge-pushes-donations-to-als-association-to-22-9-million/ I haven't watched a lot of these but I know Charlie Sheen and Lady Gaga donated  $10,000 each.  Viral marketing does work. I'm sorry Caity feels that way but as someone with a loved one in the end stages of ALS, I'm very happy this cause is getting that kind of attention.

• Love 5

I obviously wouldn't have any way of knowing this, but I doubt CL would refrain from donating even if she disagrees with the (admittedly rather wasteful) way of publicizing the donation challenge. She may have just done so privately. There is a drought in the U.S. right now, after all.

I thought that EBR and CH handled theirs well, since they made special mention of donating as the main priority.

I just assume the celebs are donating in addition to the challenge.

I think most of them are. The point was to do the ice bucket challenge w/in 24 hours and donate $10 (or more) or don't do it and donate $100 (or more). So on top of being annoyed about Caity's Instagram on general principle, I'm even more annoyed because it's wrong (and I generally hate it when people are condescending towards good-natured charitable campaigns).

ETA: Caity has every right to feel how she likes about it, I just...like I wrote above - it's personal for me.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

@cadlymack, who was challenged by the fan along with EBR and CH, said that she wasn't going to do it because there is a drought in California.

I hope she donated, but even if there is a drought, be creative.  Dump a pail of confetti on yourself, donate, and challenge other people.  ALS doesn't get anywhere near the publicity the better known cancers do, so it's their turn.

I like what EBR and CH did because it looks like they deliberately delayed responding so that they could promote the part about donating money if you don't do it within 24 hours, and then they did it anyway.  Good sports, and keeping with the idea of donation.

And Bill Gates built a special contraption to dump the water on himself.

I'm glad it is raising money for ALS, but there are people in third world countries also dying because they don't have clean water and we waste it anyway, that just adds to it. So I agree with Caity about it being wasteful and wish there was a different way to get the awareness out there. 

• Love 1

@cadlymack, who was challenged by the fan along with EBR and CH, said that she wasn't going to do it because there is a drought in California.

I hope she donated, but even if there is a drought, be creative.  Dump a pail of confetti on yourself, donate, and challenge other people.  ALS doesn't get anywhere near the publicity the better known cancers do, so it's their turn.

I like what EBR and CH did because it looks like they deliberately delayed responding so that they could promote the part about donating money if you don't do it within 24 hours, and then they did it anyway.  Good sports, and keeping with the idea of donation.

And Bill Gates built a special contraption to dump the water on himself.

I agree - there are ways to get creative with it without wasting water, and there are ways to disagree with something that don't involve posting (an incorrect) meme about it that puts down the people who did do it.

Sorry I just don't see how one thing impacts the other? Unless you're saying that the people dumping the water would have sent that water over to a country that doesn't have fresh water? The majority of people who did it used a pail the size of a toilet bowl of water. Should we stop flushing because of a drought in the US or a lack of clean water around the world? Not trying to be snarky just trying to understand the correlation.

• Love 4

Sorry I just don't see how one thing impacts the other? Unless you're saying that the people dumping the water would have sent that water over to a country that doesn't have fresh water? The majority of people who did it used a pail the size of a toilet bowl of water. Should we stop flushing because of a drought in the US or a lack of clean water around the world? Not trying to be snarky just trying to understand the correlation.

Generally during times of drought conservation of water becomes a concern. I can't speak for how clean water is distributed to foreign nations and according to @apinknightmare the meme image CL posted is incorrect about how the challenge works anyway. If only it was the Papercut Challenge and celebs could just dump buckets of money on each other and it all went towards fighting ALS, this controversy could be avoided. Somebody start tweeting and make it happen.

If only it was the Papercut Challenge and celebs could just dump buckets of money on each other and it all went towards fighting ALS, this controversy could be avoided. Somebody start tweeting and make it happen.

And I would pay good money to watch that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=703493863069217&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

Stephen wants to be more more charitable. Auctioning his scripts from episodes 1-9 of season 2. The cast will sign it + Grant Gustin 

I just had to bid on State vs. Queen, haha.

• Love 1

Dumping water on your head is wasteful. As I said, I'm glad it's raising money, there just should've been a better way to go about it. But I'm going to stop posting about this. I did donate, hopefully more people do that over the water challenge.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Dumping water on your head is wasteful. As I said, I'm glad it's raising money, there just should've been a better way to go about it. But I'm going to stop posting about this. I did donate, hopefully more people do that over the water challenge.

I have to second Sakura AND Caity Lotz! I come from a country where fresh water are a scarce resource (and is becoming scarcer and scarcer with each year as we have less rain), all this water dumping is killing me- i was brought up with the awareness of having to save on water- you close the faucet while washing dishes and brushing your teeth and so forth.

I actually loved how Charlie Sheen went about it by dumping money on himself, RDJ did it in his own pool. i thought both were clever.

Here's the eBay page with all the scripts (I can't figure out how to link to his Facebook post).  Somebody must've been putting in fake bids earlier, as Ep 1 was over 8K a few hours ago.  Can't wait to see how much they raise by the end of the auction.

I like Caity but that meme rubbed me the wrong way. She could have just done a video saying she wasn't doing the challenge due to drought conditions, etc. and stressed the donation part as I've seen other celebrities doing. In other words, get creative instead of negative if you don't agree with something because you have more impact that way. The meme just seems like it's putting people down in a public way for doing something that most probably have good intentions about doing. As I said before, I donated after watching Colton and Emily's video. Without all these videos I doubt it would have occurred to me to donate to that specific charity this year. It's not on my usual donation list, though I believe I'll add it to my list now.

I think I'll bid on Episodes 6, 7 and 8 :)

Edited by poetgirl925
  • Love 6

Caity's message has rubbed me the wrong way as well, it was condescending to everyone who did take part in it. I too donated to this after watching Ben Affleck and EBR & Colton video as both stressed on donating. Perhaps Caity felt left out because no one asked her.

• Love 1

Here's the eBay page with all the scripts (I can't figure out how to link to his Facebook post).  Somebody must've been putting in fake bids earlier, as Ep 1 was over 8K a few hours ago.  Can't wait to see how much they raise by the end of the auction.

I'm betting all of them will go close or over 1000 at least.

Can we all gosh over those funny faces Stephen is doing behind the scripts? I swear each one is funnier than the previous one. (or maybe i'm just that exhausted)

And I'm hoping whom ever win these scripts will post them, cause i'm dying to read his comments on the sides.

Edited by foreverevolving