Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

We are allowed to debate without being modded. That's part of the point of the board. So I'm curious as to what positivity you were seeing from the show until this week. SA was being a jerk on social media

Reveal hidden contents

DR just started filming and so likely has no new scenes in the sizzle reel, Olicity are broken up STILL and just good friends, there are newbies galore, and Laurel Lance is so important she has her own statue.

Nope, I don't really feel like debating. I've already said what I thought and I don't agree with you. :) 

• Love 1

I have no idea what will or won't be in the sizzle reel, but Arrow can throw footage filmed on Wednesday into the Saturday sizzle reel, especially if they asked Bamford to give them at least one shot that didn't need a CGI background. And for what it's worth, Netflix/Marvel just teased stuff from The Punisher, which isn't even in production yet.  And in previous seasons, at least, the sizzle reels haven't necessarily been the best predictor of which characters would be the center of attention in upcoming episodes.

(We all do remember Sara's appearance in the season 3 sizzle reel, right? Right.)

Regarding newbies - Arrow introduces new characters every season and hypes them up in the hopes of getting people to tune in to see them. How well that's worked is pretty debatable, but it's just par for the course, so again, I'm not reading much into it - except to note that the CW apparently isn't going to the effort of getting any of them down to SDCC, which kinda makes its own statement right there.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, quarks said:

I have no idea what will or won't be in the sizzle reel, but Arrow can throw footage filmed on Wednesday into the Saturday sizzle reel, especially if they asked Bamford to give them at least one shot that didn't need a CGI background.

Oh, I don't think Digg's not going to be in the show. I have all faith that he'll be in it just as much as usual. He just probably won't be in the sizzle much/at all. It was already cut before he started filming. I get that they could add something, and they could also use old shots. But it's likely he won't be in it much/at all, which is a negative point for the sizzle.

I would be much more positive about this show if I could ignore its history as well as logic and available facts, but I am constitutionally incapable of that.

17 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Despite the

Reveal hidden contents

statue  

the fact Laurel is dead and Echo is around has seemed to get some positive reaction from the board. 

I count Laurel being dead as a last season positive. I do like Echo, but it never occurred to me that he wouldn't stay around.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is getting super spoilery re: Diggle, but for all we know, they end the sizzle reel in some sort of "we gotta get Dig back from the Army" statement. That would make the absence of his footage okay with me.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Oh, I don't think Digg's not going to be in the show. I have all faith that he'll be in it just as much as usual. He just probably won't be in the sizzle much/at all. It was already cut before he started filming. I get that they could add something, and they could also use old shots. But it's likely he won't be in it much/at all, which is a negative point for the sizzle.

We're talking digital though, not film. In previous seasons, Arrow has waited until the absolute last second to do a final cut on its sizzle reel. For season three, for instance, AK later admitted that they cut the sizzle reel the morning before the panel, which...well, let us move on.

Sure, things could have radically changed this year - in fact, let's hope they have - but chances are equally good that the sizzle reel is getting cut as we type about it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, quarks said:

Sure, things could have radically changed this year - in fact, let's hope they have - but chances are equally good that the sizzle reel is getting cut as we type about it.

One of the writers tweeted that they watched the sizzle reel some 3-4 days ago, that's why people are assuming no Dig footage. But also, they could be adding stuff right now, yeah.

10 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

One of the writers tweeted that they watched the sizzle reel some 3-4 days ago, that's why people are assuming no Dig footage. But also, they could be adding stuff right now, yeah.

Ah, ok, I forgot that. Arrow completing its sizzle reels in advance? YAY! Most hopeful thing I've heard yet.  Though, on a less hopeful note, TV shows do usually send out early cuts of sizzle reels to writers/producers/executives/cast members and then do a second cut post feedback.

Not that I'm trying to be pessimistic or optimistic; mostly just saying that I don't know what will or won't be in the sizzle reel. I mean, hopefully at least one arrow, because that is the title of the show, but even predicting that is probably going a bit too far.

• Love 3
(edited)

I noticed in the Conan appearance that SA danced around the costume question. Makes me wonder if it is being revealed again at the panel or just shown in the sizzle reel.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm kinda baffled at this conversation. I mean, 

Spoiler

I wasn't  expecting Oliver and Felicity to get back together over the summer; and while I'm not exactly excited for the newbies - which we don't know how much are going to be involved - and the ongoing canonization of Laura, it doesn't seem enough to be so hopeless and down about the new season.

I get that the writers are the same idiotic writers, but we are not at the bridge yet? Or, as we say where I come from, don't bandage your head before it's hurt :)

Edited by looptab
It's Laura, not Laurel :D
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Presentation of all SOTY nominees (from last night)...

MTV Fandom Fest Awards 2016: Ship of the Year Nominees
Published on Jul 22, 2016, by Chocobear

It's interesting to listen to the crowd reaction.  I would say the two ships that were really battling it out (Olicity and Clexa) got the least amount of cheers (especially noticeable for Clexa), while ships from the larger (movie) fandoms got the loudest screams.

Does this mean that Tumblr is NOT a true reflection of reality?  I am confused and adrift.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, looptab said:

I'm kinda baffled at this conversation. I mean, 

Hide contents

I wasn't  expecting Oliver and Felicity to get back together over the summer; and while I'm not exactly excited for the newbies - which we don't know how much are going to be involved - and the ongoing canonization of Laurel, it doesn't seem enough to be so hopeless and down about the new season.

I get that the writers are the same idiotic writers, but we are not at the bridge yet? Or, as we say where I come from, don't bandage your head before it's hurt :)

People have different reactions to the same information. Which is fine, and allowed here.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how to properly label tiny bits of info without context into fixed "positive" or "negative" columns.

They are not fixed columns. They are subject to change. But there is some context, particularly from SA's comments from awhile back, along with four years of history of this show and the EP's decisions. All of that is context. 

3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

People have different reactions to the same information. Which is fine, and allowed here.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't. Just putting my 2 cents in. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

It's interesting to listen to the crowd reaction.  I would say the two ships that were really battling it out (Olicity and Clexa) got the least amount of cheers (especially noticeable for Clexa), while ships from the larger (movie) fandoms got the loudest screams.

Does this mean that Tumblr is NOT a true reflection of reality?  I am confused and adrift.

Not really confusing to me. TV Show Shippers, especially on CW have a small but very dedicated fandom. Movies have a wider appeal/much larger audience but not nearly as dedicated fandom, IMO.

As for Arrow S5 I'm actually quite interested and there's a few things I'm very excited for.  Don't mistake my comments last night about SA as a negative for Arrow S5.

My comments were simply recognition of the PR Game that gets played at SDCC.  Others view it definitely which is more than fair.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Dang it, my sarcasm font is busted again!

It was the Clexa reaction that really surprised me considering how hard the Tumblr fandom was voting and the fact that Lexa's death makes a repeat appearance in the poll unlikely.  Maybe they just realized they'd lost and were subdued.  But a few of the large cheer ships didn't even break 100,000 votes.  Besides Clexa, Olicity really had no competition in that poll.

• Love 4

I know a few months back a lot of the hard core Lexa/adc/Clexa fans have decided to stop voting in any of the polls that would increase the 100's visibility in protest of the way they were treated,  I'm not sure if they stood by that or not though.

• Love 1

SA really brought out the charm when accepting that award.  Nice to see that again. Maybe someone gave him a hint that negativity about who butters your bread is not the wisest course of action.

LOL that GB wasn't able to make SDCC because of family engagements. Yes, that's what' happens when you have kids.

I counted the questions on the Conan interview. Everyone got an equal number.  I agree with SA that stubbornness is Oliver's super power (look at him around MM s3) but I laughed most when Conan told GG that running fast and then getting knocked down when he stops is something the Flash has to rethink.

• Love 4
(edited)
Spoiler

Above: tweets from Brian Ford Sullivan talking about the lack of spoilers for Diggle, Felicity etc.

Edited by Soulfire
Added spoiler tag.
  • Love 7

Who are the people commenting on SOTY nominees?

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

This year at SDCC...

The blonde with the ponytail really reminds me of Glee's Britney.

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What girl?

A tweet posted yesterday said SA, Echo and Willa were on their way to CC. And the Emily wouldn't be there until Saturday/

• Love 1