Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Well, Jason v. Michael would never truly be a thing because Jason always put Michael first and loved him unconditionally.

The way Sonny is speaking to and about Michael is so revolting. Carly wouldn't stand for that shit.

• Love 3

Eh. In his own way, Dante's a Sonny apologist too. He might not have ever said he loves him to his face, but he told Lulu that he'd come to, and I consider that just as bad.

No I know, I am no Dante fan myself, but I would give him a pass, maybe, because when he isn't around Sonny he isn't half bad on average. And he has the added benefit of not having been raised by Sonny and all that needless baggage.

The way Sonny is speaking to and about Michael is so revolting. Carly wouldn't stand for that shit.

None of this really should be happening right now. None of these characters are their usual selves, imo, Ron has just grabbed onto this idea he's come up with and he's running with it.

Except Jason. :)

I think Carly totally would have hid the truth about Sonny killing AJ from Michael. BUT! I also think she'd be doing everything in her power (schemes, set-ups…plaaaaaans--the last of which is actually in my dictionary as an acceptable spelling of a real word) to get him to forgive her. She would NOT be licking Sonny's taint quite this hard because she would want Michael back more.

Absolutely she would hid the truth about AJ's murder, but it is also true she would sell out Sonny if she thought it would preserve her relationship with Michael.

Glad I have a place to go with my Michael hate. I really thought I was the only one.

And it has nothing to do with Sonny, who I loathe. Or Carly, who sounded like a complete idiot today. Or Morgan, who I want to take a crowbar to his head in hopes of knocking loose a brain cell or two. I think part of it is I can't stand the way CD plays him. His smug is worse then Liz.

Edited by tvgoddess

So...I'm probs the only one, but I actually think Carly and Sonny are being kinda OOC in terms of Michael. And I think if Jason saw this shit, he would be horrified.

Ron doesn't know these characters at all.

I think Carly is OOC. She would not be asskissing Sonny this hard. And she would be way more pissed about Sonny dragging Morgan into the mess. Hell, she would have been way more pissed about Sonny hurting Morgan by sleeping wtih Ava in the first place.

Sonny I think is acting like his usual self. He talks about a big game about loving and caring but if someone lashes out for too long he gets mad and defensive and nasty.

Well, Jason v. Michael would never truly be a thing because Jason always put Michael first and loved him unconditionally.

I responded in the Jason thread.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
I think part of it is I can't stand the way CD plays him. His smug is worse then Liz.

So much THIS his "stank face" makes me want to thump his head and I think he has no chemistry with Avery and that is the cutiest baby evah! I think that is why Sonny wasn't holding Avery when Michael got to take her b/c it would be even more apparent how little chemistry he has with her.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
I just want Sonny and his whole entire clan, blood related or not, to just fall off the face of the Earth. I am sick and tired of them all. I will give a pass to Dante just because he produced Ben. But the rest can just begone.

Eh. In his own way, Dante's a Sonny apologist too. He might not have ever said he loves him to his face, but he told Lulu that he'd come to, and I consider that just as bad.

But the original post wasn't saying that Dante wasn't an apologist. Just that he gets a pass from falling off the face of the earth. :)

Edited by ulkis
I think part of it is I can't stand the way CD plays him. His smug is worse then Liz.

That's how I feel about him. I've never been impressed by his acting and right now he's at his worst imho. His little smug and smirk act is just so over the top and detestable to me.

So much THIS his "stank face" makes me want to thump his head and I think he has no chemistry with Avery and that is the cutiest baby evah! I think that is why Sonny wasn't holding Avery when Michael got to take her b/c it would be even more apparent how little chemistry he has with her.

Oh no question Maurice would have been that baby's favourite of all, heh, he is magic with babies.

Frankly I think the only reason the baby stopped fussing when Chad took her from Kiki 2.0 is because she didn't like the position she was holding her in. Chad merely held her upright and she liked that better. I saw no reason to give him a medal for gently jiggling a baby and making her giggle.

As far as I can recall that baby has fussed when most of the actors, Michelle, Roger, Maura, Laura, etc try to hold her in a cradle position, unless she has a pacifier or bottle to soothe her.

I think it's also pretty obvious most of the young actors haven't been around infants or held them much, imho. Chad, new Kiki and Bryan all just seem a bit uncomfortable or unsure of themselves when the baby begins to fuss or cry.

But the original post wasn't saying that Dante wasn't an apologist. Just that he gets a pass from falling off the face of the earth. :)

Heh, I don't mind giving him a pass to stay on the face of the earth if I can have Sonny and his miserable lot banished for good. You can't help who you share DNA with sometimes.

• Love 2

I think it's also pretty obvious most of the young actors haven't been around infants or held them much, imho. Chad, new Kiki and Bryan all just seem a bit uncomfortable or unsure of themselves when the baby begins to fuss or cry.

I hate to keep defending Morgan b/c he's not my fav, but I do think BC is cute with her and even Kiki seemed cute holding her when she was talking to Morgan. I just get no connection with Chad and the baby. It could just be his perma "stank face" though.

Edited by Cattitude
I think he has no chemistry with Avery and that is the cutiest baby evan!

What sort of chemistry should he have with an infant? Avery was fussing in Lauren's arms, and when given to Michael, she stopped fussing and smiled. He keeps her relatively calm. That seems enough, IMO. 

As far as a "connection," Michael shouldn't really have one with Avery yet, as he's spent all of three minutes with her. MB has a natural ease with babies, as mentioned, but that doesn't mean Sonny knows how to take care of children.

• Love 9
MB has a natural ease with babies, as mentioned, but that doesn't mean Sonny knows how to take care of children.

If he can't find towels, I'd say the odds he could find diapers would be somewhere between slim and none.

• Love 9

I think BM would would have been much better as Lucky. Helena taking Lucky would make more sense both from a historic viewpoint and in terms of this specific (terrible!!) story line. 

I also think Lucky's absence is glaring and inexplicable while Jason had a legitimate reason to be off-screen

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I still can't stand Brad and find it appalling that he is the best Lucas can do.  There has to be some hot, decent gay guy somewhere in the general PC vicinity.

After Maxie breaks his heart Plywood should give men a try. Lucas doesn't get much screen time which means Plywood wouldn't get much screen time either and we would only rarely be treated to RP's acting.

• Love 2

After Maxie breaks his heart Plywood should give men a try. Lucas doesn't get much screen time which means Plywood wouldn't get much screen time either and we would only rarely be treated to RP's acting.

When he and Maxie were talking about a long-lost love yesterday, they were avoiding the use of pronouns and I believe Maxine eventually used "she". I totally thought they were/are going to reveal Nathan was with a guy in the past.

• Love 2

For a while there I was worried that I was starting to *like* Michael for him giving grief to his worthless living parents and playing dirty with Sonny. Glad his behavior of late has made me (very reluctant) team!Jerome. I don't care what kind of hypocrite Kiki is, fact is Sabrina for real tried to kill Avery. She said as much when she was messing with Ava's meds. She wanted Ava to suffer for Gabe by killing Avery. The only reason she stopped was because she found out that Ava didn't kill Gabe, not she figured it unethical to kill a baby. I do believe she now realizes killing children because of their parents is wrong no matter what, she still shouldn't be the kid's nanny. 

As for Kiki being Team!Sonny, this is how I see it. I don't think Kiki was every that jazzed that Sonny decided to take his property, sorry, raise his little girl, but I agree with Cattitude, she made peace with the decision not to pursue custody of Avery, and as terrible as Sonny is, he did say to Kiki to keep all the stuff she got for Avery because he would allow unlimited access to her. While at the time it wounded her, it was a lot better then what she got from Michael. Michael didn't get that well deserved punch in the face from Morgan because he was trashing Sonny, but because he was going to make sure Morgan and Kiki would never see her.

For all the nonsense that Morgan and Kiki utter, there are kernels of truth. Michael had no interest in raising Avery, or Avery in general, until he figured out it could hurt Sonny. Kiki did the one useful thing she has ever done and cared for her for months and Michael is going to cut her out because he is ever bit the vindictive little bitch his mother is (not to mention inheriting the ability to rationalize his behavior under the banner of protecting children), not because she is a threat.

When Michael was taking Avery away, he mentioned that because everyone lied to him, it is what made him this way, and I couldn't help think,There it is! I never fully bought he was that close to AJ. I believe he felt bad for him and did finally see that he was bullied by Sonny and Carly, but this loving, avenging son, not really. But him lashing out because he felt betrayed by them, that I buy (and I am not saying it is untrue and as far as Kiki,Sonny and Carly, I hope he never fully comes around).  Borrowing from another poster, Michael never gave a flying fuck about the people that Sonny hurt, terrorized and killed until it hit him, now he is the paragon of morality. I noticed he edited out the part where he went to Sonny with his suspicions of Dante, knowing full well what Sonny would do. And why, because for the first time in his life, he wasn't being treated as the center of everyone's existence .

I don't believe Michael well get AJed. Everyone always treats him as the end all and be all and still do. Edward wanted to put Dillon on a plane when Tracy left him at the Q mansion when she first returned because Tracy raised him, but Michael always had the carpet rolled out for him, despite Carly  being a way worse person, and Sonny, Carly and Jason raised Michael to hate the Qs, something Tracy never taught Dillon. While Tracy and AJ constantly clawed for scraps of power and success, Ned of all people handed it right over Michael. As misguided as Morgan was with his initial relationship with Kiki, it wasn't just that Kiki left him for his brother, it was everyone pretty much applauded it. And nothing is the seal of approval quite like St.Jason basically giving up his own son so Michael wouldn't be left alone with those losers. Tracy and Ned were never as nice to AJ as they are to Michael,nor were nearly as supportive, and he basically called Tracy an idiot when he came to live at the Q mansion. It doesn't help that Chad Duell is a mediocre actor.

• Love 6

Great post, Ambrosefolly. Michael's an entitled shit and he always has been. He has good qualities, of course, but he's definitely always had a very healthy sense of entitlement. I'm enjoying him (and more so Sonny and Carly's flabbergasted reaction that he actually took Avery with him than Michael himself), but I'm enjoying him because the whole "Michael is such a puppy he can't even get away with a white lie" angle has been dropped.

• Love 3

I don't find Chad Duell mediocre. I find him actually very good. When he started, I looked up his credits. I was like ok, one Disney show. For one Disney credit, he's done a very good job. He's imo managed to turn lemons into lemonade. I do believe he actually studied SK while he was on because I see movements and small things that are very AJ Quartermaine. I also see Jane Elliot had to have worked with him because you can see touches of Alan Quartermaine in some of his stuff. Without having his girlfriend on set, you can see he's working harder and it's paying off. He's an actor I think that can get better and wants to.

• Love 6

I liked Drew, but I don't think he would have aged into someone I could take seriously as head of ELQ either, or as someone intimidating to others. He rocked being an angry teen but if Michael were ever recast they probably should go with someone new.

• Love 2

I find Chad underwhelming and asexual.I will concede that he has his moments, but he tends to shout his lines. I preferred Drew Garrett to him. 

Drew Garrett was amazing. I'd love to know how he'd do with this material, but alas, it was not meant to be. Drew will always and forever be Rage!Michael to me.

• Love 9

As the Nurses' Ball draws near, I'm again missing Britt.  I found her antics during both modern balls enjoyable, first ruining Princess Sabrina's night by wrapping her pregnant belly in a fur coat at 2013's ball and then snarking on the red carpet show and then later supporting Brad at 2014's.

• Love 6

I miss Britt too. Why couldn't they send Felix with Faison? And then dumb ass Nik fucking turns EVIL like two shakes of a lambs tail after banishing her from the kingdom. What a douche. Nik deserves to be alone, impotent, and drooling in a corner forever. We lost a Quartermaine for him. And now we have to watch I really am not sure what's going on, but I blame Nik.

• Love 3

I know that this is a wildly unpopular opinion, but I have always hated SK's AJ.  He was an oafish, tanned Frankenstein that always seemed hungover and in the mood for a nap.  I may be biased....in the 90's, there was an event in Atlantic City, and I worked in PR in South Jersey. The photographer on my team was there to take shots of the event, and he happened to be married to the manager of the event's venue.  My photographer friend told me that SK was a giant drunken asshole.  He was rude and slimy, and he cornered my friend's wife and acted inappropriately (that's the polite version).  I know SK was in the heyday of his drinking days back then, but drunkenness doesn't excuse widespread douchery IMO.  I didn't like him/his portrayal of AJ before that incident, and I liked him even less after.

Oh, and another UO -- I really like Felix. 

Oh, and I am okay with Franco, but my positive feelings for him are probably just the fumes left behind from my love of Todd on OLTL.  However, I do enjoy some of the comedy that Franco brings.

• Love 2

I actually like JaSam's song, "Just You and Me" (that's the name of the song), even though I'm not really a fan of the couple itself. But only the orchestral version, not the acoustic guitar version. 

Excuse me. *taps the microphone * May I have your attention? Sigh.

I have a confession to make. I don't like that Avery is called AJ. Nor do I like that Jason is Jake. While the initial wtf faces of Sonny and Carly were priceless regarding AJ, it's kinda pointless. Why? Avery is a girlchild and a second girlchild at that. If she were a boy, the AJ naming would have been freaking amazing and more of an impact. This whole story would be more impactful. Sonny took AJ's SON, gave him his name and raised him in his world. AJ and Sonny are named after their fathers respectively. Therefore, taking Sonny's son and naming him AJ Quartermaine would have been more of a fuck you to Sonny and Carly. If Avery were Sonny's only and first surviving daughter, that too might be impactful. But taking a second girlchild that Sonny will forget in a year and rename Adella or Connie or Carolina isn't as shocking.

Jason being called Jake is a stupid and useless clue pandering to a rabid fanbase. Ron is preying on Liason fans. If he really wanted to push the Jason reveal foward, he'd have Jason think his name was Daniel. I don't care how messed up Jason's brain is. There are two kid's names he would imo recall- Daniel and Micheal. I'd buy him saying he's Daniel or Mike over Jake. He didn't even spend time with him till the week before he died.

• Love 1

Oh man, so I only recently started watching again. And I obviously know Jason had a son named Jake (in the biological sense of the word) but I didn't watch when he chose the name.... I really thought he was named after the bar. 

Which seems silly, but I honestly just thought "oh of course, he named himself after Jake's"

• Love 3

I cannot make myself watch any of this drivel. I like Anna , but she has been lobotomized. Duke WTH? I am happy Michael got the baby and calls her AJ. To bad the rest of the town didn't identify AJ with the letters in blood. AJ is gone, the Q's are barely there and so except for here. I don't bother. Thanks for keeping us informed. I liked G .M C on ATWTs but here No thanks. JMO.

• Love 1
therefore, taking Sonny's son and naming him AJ Quartermaine would have been more of a fuck you to Sonny and Carly.

You know they'd never humiliate Sonny like that. That's why we're getting this with girlchild. Once Sonny gets Avery back, he'll forget she exists until she's SORASed and is out for revenge.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Jason being called Jake is a stupid and useless clue pandering to a rabid fanbase. Ron is preying on Liason fans.

I don't even know what fanbase Ron is trying to rile or please or whatever. I honestly lost interest in Jason in any pairing a long time ago. But Ron officially lost me with all of this when he shit on Robin. Because I will never find it ~romantic~ for Robin to have sacrificed her life and happiness for another woman and her son while her douche husband screws said woman and the man Robin saved shacks up with someone other than his wife. No. Never gonna ship any of this ever.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I wish someone would throw a shiny toy into oncoming traffic and for Plywood to go chase after it. Or at the very least I wish he was reduced to spending most of his time hanging out with that Rosalie donkey off screen.

• Love 1

Which seems silly, but I honestly just thought "oh of course, he named himself after Jake's"

No what is silly is naming your son Jake after the bar she met his father a few times there. Then giving him the middle name of Martin so he would have the intials of J.M. same as his father.

Gah when that was a perfect moment to honor her beloved grandfather, Steve Hardy. Either name could have been used nicely with the Spencer last name when Lucky mistakenly thought he was his biological son.

• Love 2

No what is silly is naming your son Jake after the bar she met his father a few times there. Then giving him the middle name of Martin so he would have the intials of J.M. same as his father.

She thought she was so clever.

• Love 2

I remember Liz gave the baby the initials J.M. to honor Jason (gag), but she named him after the bar?  I don't recall them having some special connection to that place, I thought that was more Jason and Carly's thing.

• Love 2

I remember Liz gave the baby the initials J.M. to honor Jason (gag), but she named him after the bar?  I don't recall them having some special connection to that place, I thought that was more Jason and Carly's thing.

After Lucky "died" and she decided to go out and forget about her pain a few months later, she went out to Jake's and Jason saved from a guy who had hit on her and was mad that she was uncomfortable. So that place means as much to them as it does to Jason and Carly.

Topic?

I love the "Autumn Breeze" theme from 1976-1993 a tiny bit more than the "Faces of the Heart" theme from 1993-2004. Both are great, but the AB music combined with the whirling ambulance is awesome.

That said, it DID, realistically, reach a point where it made sense to replace it. 

• Love 1

I don't even know what fanbase Ron is trying to rile or please or whatever. I honestly lost interest in Jason in any pairing a long time ago. But Ron officially lost me with all of this when he shit on Robin. Because I will never find it ~romantic~ for Robin to have sacrificed her life and happiness for another woman and her son while her douche husband screws said woman and the man Robin saved shacks up with someone other than his wife. No. Never gonna ship any of this ever.

To be fair, even if Robin technically did it for Sam and Danny, Patrick had the knowledge of that first, and he said nothing. Patrick being a douchebag isn't really Sam's fault. It's more like a pre-existing condition.

• Love 2

I know. Sam isn't really my issue. It's mostly the fact that I think Patrick comes off as quite diabolical if you really think about it, but is 100% innocent and amazing in Ron's eyes.

I'm almost waiting for this scene to occur:

Patrick: Sam, I've never been with someone like you. You're the most amazing and most beautiful woman that's ever been in my life. The love I have for you and Danny is more than I've felt about anyone ever. Ever.

Sam: That's sweet, but what about....

Patrick: Sssshh, darling. Kimberly McCullough doesn't want to be on the show so I can say these things now and still be awesome and in character and people love me OK!

Sam: ....Cool. Now where's Jake?

• Love 1

I love the "Autumn Breeze" theme from 1976-1993 a tiny bit more than the "Faces of the Heart" theme from 1993-2004. Both are great, but the AB music combined with the whirling ambulance is awesome.

I always preferred the more simple beginning with the ambulance, and I liked the Autumn Breeze theme song tons better.   The ever-changing cast posing in the credits always looks goofy to me.   

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I just don't think it really makes sense when you have such a big cast. When they put the actors names along with the faces that made sense, but when it's just the face, it seems kinda pointless.