Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

There's a Port-A-Potty outside hiding behind a vine/flower wall that she has to use. As to Meg's meds, they might just be allergy pills or something. I don't imagine that the DR needs to hand out stuff like that. They also have free access to heartburn meds, Advil, etc.

Vanessa can buff armour in her sleep. She barely moved when they called her to buff and then fell asleep in the middle of it and had to be called again.

ETA: Shelli is somewhere in the 1700s.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

So I signed up for the free week of feeds, and so far I'm bored.  I tuned in during the challenge last night, so I saw nothing.  And thus far this morning, I get to watch Shelli walking around monotonously, and Clay in the pool talking without microphone.

To be fair, the feeds are usually pretty boring from around 5am through the afternoon, Hamster Time. Especially when there's not any major drama happening (post-HOH is usually the best time for drama). James won veto and is 100% (per James) not changing the nominations, so there's really not a lot of game things to discuss. Vanessa is the glue holding the 6th Sense together, and she can't talk game with anyone for the next 24 hours since she's stuck with Jackie.

If Clay plans on self-sabotaging if James keeps his nominations the same, the feeds might get interesting again Monday after the veto ceremony.

Most of the good stuff on the feeds happens when I'm asleep (like 11pm-3am), so I usually do a rewind to see any significant moments or conversations.

Edited by Ceeg

An outside toilet?  She's probably staying dehydrated enough to hardly use it.

Is Meg on the insensitive side?  She sat up and announced how tired she was.  As Vanessa is buffing armor in a comatose manner, and Shelli is outside dying in the heat.

I'll have to figure out the rewind. 

• Love 2

Is Meg on the insensitive side?  She sat up and announced how tired she was.  As Vanessa is buffing armor in a comatose manner, and Shelli is outside dying in the heat.

Complaining that they're tired is normal. Most of them usually don't get to bed until around 5 in the morning. Sometimes between 8 and 11, Big Brother wakes them up with music and the bedroom lights have to be turned on. Plus, after every 100 rotations of Shelli's punishment, she has to ring a bell in the living room and declare that the kingdom is safe. Both the bell and Shelli are loud. I doubt anyone is getting much sleep this morning.

But yeah, mornings and early afternoons are really slow on the feeds. Late afternoons are good if it's post-competition or post-ceremony. All the good stuff happens late at night and in the wee hours of the morning. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Yeah, I think Clay feels the outside world is pulling for the star crossed lovers. Normally, people would but they were in a majority alliance and it turned people off. IMO!!! Last year was boring too because of the majority alliance & Derrick. So, it looks like the house wants Shelli out because she's the stronger competitor. If the moms stay the same how will the voting go? Who does the rest of the 6th Sense want to stay? Do they have the votes to keep one versus the other?

Edited by ByaNose

If the moms stay the same how will the voting go? Who does the rest of the 6th Sense want to stay? Do they have the votes to keep one versus the other?

Freaks and Geeks have the majority vote (Vanessa, Austin, Liz, Julia, and Steve) so they can determine who they want to stay. Vanessa definitely wants Shelli to stay, I really think the twins do too. And if those three want it, I'm sure Austin will get on board, as will Steve. JMac and Becky have already promised Clay they'll vote how he wants, too. JMac seemed sincere and shook Clay's hand, and then started crying. Becky, you never know, but she did tell Clay that she's not telling James et. al that she will vote Clay out.

• Love 1

The three of them were talking about it in the HN room last night. It sounded like they were leaning towards keeping Shelli but they also don't want to go against what James wants. All three seem to have an affinity for James because he didn't put them up. Vanessa is going to be pushing her agenda to keep Shelli, but I feel like Liz in particular is getting tired of her antics. Should be interesting to watch.

(Vanessa in her mass hysteria was grilling Austin after he came down from the HOH yesterday. She was like, "What are you doing up there? You can't trust James. You better not be trying to fuck me over." Austin was all, "I was just using the bathroom!" I honestly don't know how anyone can deal with her.)

• Love 2

The three of them were talking about it in the HN room last night. It sounded like they were leaning towards keeping Shelli but they also don't want to go against what James wants. All three seem to have an affinity for James because he didn't put them up. Vanessa is going to be pushing her agenda to keep Shelli, but I feel like Liz in particular is getting tired of her antics. Should be interesting to watch.

I never get this way of thinking. James is HoH, sure, but his reign is pretty much over now that he won Veto (if he uses it, then it extends to naming the replacement nom and then is done). He can't play for HoH next week. The non-Summer Campers side of the house is much larger and has a better chance of winning HoH next week. The only way I see Meg winning is if it's a crapshoot or a trivia comp and even then I don't think she has that much of a shot. It shouldn't matter what James wants at this point.

That being said, I'd love to see him use the Veto to take Clay off and put up Liz. It'll never happen, but it would be the best way of securing Shelli's eviction if that's what they really want.

• Love 2

If Clay makes Austin promise via handshake to vote him out, I can't see him going back on that. Because if he lies about it, Clay is the one staying. Why would he want to piss off a member of his own alliance, when he can vote to keep Shelli and keep her happy? Voting out Shelli will show Clay exactly where Austin stands.

Of course, McRae did make final 5.

He made the F4, actually.

He definitely has Golden Boy disease.  You can tell that everything has always been given to him on a platter, and when he finally has to put in some actual effort, he goes into a tailspin.

Yeah, that became clear to me the moment he and Shelli were nominated.  He's spent so much of the game seeing everyone bending over backwards for him.  And now that he has to bend over backwards for the other houseguests to stay in the game, he'd rather sabotage himself than try and save himself.  He essentially wants to take his ball and go home.

I think what is motivating Clay is he thinks he will look good on TV for doing this. That America will view him as the knight in shining armor for giving up his game for Shelli. It's funny because most of the house thinks America loves Clelli when in reality they aren't popular at all. McCranda had more fans, which is saying a lot.

Clay and Shelli actually had a fair amount of fans at first, in week one.  But they became unpopular after they betrayed Da'Vonne for no good reason.  Just over one stupid, pointless argument with Clay.  It got worse when they helped Vanessa set Jeff up.  Then, they betrayed Audrey (understandable, but still . . .) and Jason (not understandable at all), two casual fan favorites, and you can see why they're wildly unpopular.

Bottom four HGs on Jokers: Austin, Clay, Shelli, Becky. John has also plummeted to #5 since his loyalties to Clelli became apparent. 

Austin's creep factor with Liz is obviously why he's down there.  Becky's newfound ratlike play and loyalty to Clay and Shelli are clearly why she's fallen so far.  Perhaps the Steve stuff, too.  I've never seen all the hype about John (don't hate him, but really don't like him, either), so I'm glad he's fallen so far down.  Clay and Shelli . . . see everything I said above, plus their behavior on the feeds over the past few weeks.

Where's Vanessa in these standings?  The twins?

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

"Following the HOH's wishes" is right up there with "voting with the house" as the most nonsensical BB axioms.

I actually love it when the HOH gets blindsided on a vote -- think back to Aaryn and the racists when they thought not once but twice that Elissa was going home. Also, shit for brains Nicole from last season. I actually doubt that happens this week. No one can keep a secret in this house and they're all about the Kumbaya shit. James will know if Shelli is staying.

It won't happen but I would love it if the twins and Austin blindsided Vanessa and voted Shelli out. She goes batshit over a few hinky votes. She might self evict if she really got bamboozled.

Agreed, @Eolivet.  Plain and simple, this game was fun for Clay while it was easy for him, and while everyone was doing what they could to help him (and Shelli) advance through the game.  But now that it's not so easy anymore and he has to fight for his survival, it's also not so fun anymore.  So he wants to leave for that reason.

I'll be fair and say that he also must know that the game means so much more to Shelli than it does to him, so he wants her to keep playing it.

Clay is 19? 22? Something like that? I can see him seeing Big Brother as a good way to get some national TV exposure, but the cold showers and the slop and the goofy costumes and the having to be nice to socially awkward people to whom he wouldn't normally give the time of day means he's ready to peace out. I hope he actually does, because again, if he stays, he could very easily win.

Short of being a super fan who loves the game, the easiest sell of Big Brother as a concept is hanging out with some cool dudes and some hot chicks. And I mean, the money's nice, but not if you actually have to work for it. When people are falling all over themselves to keep you, Big Brother is easy! When you actually have to put in effort to stay in the game, I can see Clay being ready to go home.

Plus, if he was there for the TV exposure, doing a "selfless" good deed helps his post-show likability. I just hope it actually happens.

(I keep picturing Grodner's white board with Clay's picture on it with the word "Winner" plastered on it, and for the rest of the week, she'll have the producers tell the other women "You know, I think Clay's really into you. Don't tell anyone, but Clay said if Shelli wasn't in the house, he'd totally go for you." ...It's quite possible I've been watching too much "Unreal," but still...)

You two are so right on your perceptions of Clay.  Per Jokers, Clay told Shelli he wouldn't care to repeat the BB experience.   He also asked her if he'll lose "opportunities" by being eliminated so early.

• Love 6

I wonder if the authorities in Texas managed to catch the burglar(s) who stole all that stuff from Clay's house soon after he went to LA?

Edited by TimWil

I wonder if the authorities in Texas managed to catch the burglar(s) who stole all that stuff from Clay's house soon after he went to LA?

Clay got robbed?  Wow.  I hope they do, then.  I hate Clay and all, but I'd rather his social life be dented, not his possessions.

Shelli went on a little rant about Vanessa either last night or early this morning.  It boiled down to Shelli and Clay not wanting to work with Vanessa anymore.  Going forward, it's the two of them, John, and Becky.  That's their F4.  The twins (Shelli "adores" Julia) are welcome for a F6.

Yes.  Liz and Julia are "welcome" to be in their F6.  Shelli actually used the word "welcome."

This woman . . .

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 7

Clay got robbed? Wow. I hope they do, then. I hate Clay and all, but I'd rather his social life be dented, not his possessions.

Shelli went on a little rant about Vanessa either last night or early this morning. It boiled down to Shelli and Clay not wanting to work with Vanessa anymore. Going forward it's the two of them, John, and Becky. That's their F4. The twins (Shelli "adores" Julia) are welcome for a F6.

Yes. Liz and Julia are "welcome" to be in their F6. Shelli actually used the word "welcome."

This woman . . .

I don't understand Shellis quick turn off Vanessa. She's been trying to brain storm ways to save her. Has pointed out that Becky is playing both sides. Which she knows she is. Becky comes to Shelli and says Vanessa only floats to where the power is. And Shelli believes her? What?!? They have both been alternating HOH for the past month and working together. Vanessa isn't floating.

Also both Clay & Shelli are convinced that neither of them have ever lied. Okay fine you can say that to other Houseguests because you want to save face. But let's just admit it to eachother and not act like you two are some innocent bystanders. Good Grief. I'm sick of their sense of entitlement.

• Love 10

What a perfect week for this medieval theme, given it's a very "oh how the mighty have fallen" theme going on in the house -- Shelli and Clay on the block and no longer the head honchos of the house, and Vanessa reduced to being Jackie's "squire" for twenty-four hours. :)

• Love 2

Going forward it's the two of them, John, and Becky. That's their F4.

I see they're still harboring the delusion that both will still be in the game on Friday morning. I really want to be watching tomorrow when the light bulb finally comes on and they realize one of them is toast. I suppose there is a remote chance that James could change his mind by tomorrow, but their mental capital would be best spent figuring out how to position the survivor going forward. They have largely been wrapped up in their tandem little pity party since the veto comp and have expended very little effort working the crowd, so to speak. We know this, because there were cameras following their every whisper, whine and canoodle last night before Shelli's punishment started.

• Love 2

I don't understand Shellis quick turn off Vanessa. She's been trying to brain storm ways to save her. Has pointed out that Becky is playing both sides. Which she knows she is. Becky comes to Shelli and says Vanessa only floats to where the power is. And Shelli believes her? What?!? They have both been alternating HOH for the past month and working together. Vanessa isn't floating.

I think it's Clay's influence on her. He's been pissed at Vanessa ever since she wouldn't let him get away with lying about Jason's nomination. If/when Clay is evicted, I think Shelli will float back over to aligning with Vanessa. I could be wrong, but I feel like Shelli won't be such a hot commodity for Becky once Clay is out.

• Love 4

Liz just told James that Clay is going around asking everyone to vote him out. She also said they're gonna try to get him to put up Steve. 

I can't wait for Clay's reaction at the house daring to go against his wishes. And Shelli won't say anything because she doesn't care that Clay is giving up his game to her.

• Love 2

James says Clay can self evict if he wants to go so bad. They also say that it's selfish of Shelli to let Clay throw away his game for her. I don't like Shelli but you can't blame her that Clay is an idiot. 

• Love 10

Man. Liz out and out asked if they should just tell Clay that telling everyone to vote him out isn't going to work and he's going to stay. Meg shot it down and James seems fine with it. I would much prefer to see them melt down that they can't get their way (again).

• Love 7

Good to see the ADC is still as clueless as ever.

But hey, Meg is just here to have a good time!

I realize it's probably super confusing being in that house but how can you not know that Vanessa is aligned with Austin and the twins? They've been together since the first week. My God. 

• Love 2

There was a banner plane with a message to Shelli?!

ETA: It was probably from her dog. I mean, he can write letters to her when she's HoH. 

ETA2: I don't really think it was for Shelli. I just like the speculation. When was the last banner plane?

Edited by Callaphera

Liz: (To James and Meg about Clay and Shelli.)  They thought they were Mister and Miss Perfect Jeff and Jordan.

First thing Liz has said in a while that I've actually liked, because . . . well . . . it's true.

Good news is James is sticking to his nominations, no matter what.  Any plans of getting Steve backdoored won't work.  Yay!

Question is, does this mean that Liz, Julia, and Austin really might go against Vanessa and vote to save Clay?  This talk she had with them sounds like they might do just that.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 3

I wonder if these people still think Vanessa is not in alliance. It's mind boggling to me. Meg just told the HOH room about Clelli's awesome plan to back door Steve...Vanessa immediately threw in, James gave up 5K and trip to win Veto. James said he's not using it no matter what.

• Love 4

Question is, does this mean that Liz, Julia, and Austin really might go against Vanessa and vote to save Clay?  This talk she had with them sounds like they might do just that.

I think it might take awhile to figure out just what Liz/Julia/Austin votes turn out to be.   Could be now they are voting with James and sending Shelli home but by Thursday they could be staying with Vanessa and sending Clay home.  Will be interesting to see which way they go.

• Love 4

If the twins and Austin go against Vanessa and vote out Shelli, Vanessa will loose four people in one swoop. Shelli would be gone, although Austin/Twins won't come after her, they would have proven they are not Vanessa's minions.

Clay or whichever one of couple stay is going with John and Becky. The only advantage for Vanessa is Shelli stays, is that Shelli will still pretend they are cool. Like the twins and Austin, she won't go after her. That whole alliance would be reduced to lip service. But if  Clay stays, he would have no problem nominating Vanessa himself. 

• Love 1

I wonder if these people still think Vanessa is not in alliance. It's mind boggling to me. Meg just told the HOH room about Clelli's awesome plan to back door Steve...Vanessa immediately threw in, James gave up 5K and trip to win Veto. James said he's not using it no matter what.

They have no idea. I'm pretty sure they think Vanessa is all alone now. They don't even think she's really with Clelli anymore, after the way they treated her post-nomination ceremony.

It's interesting to see what Vanessa will try to do this week. Because yes, once again it is all about Vanessa. Does she want to keep Shelli, as a stronger, smarter competitor? But someone who's game has been trashed? I think it's a better bet for her because Clay will easily fade back into the background and be "bros" with everyone, will flirt with Meg and Becky, and be golden while doing next to nothing to help her game out (which should be her focus in making her decision).

I really, really want his ass gone, so he'll probably stay, but it's not clear cut right now and I like that!

Meg finally lost me for good when she asked James earlier if someone won POV and pulled another person off, could they be nominated? I understand recruits knowing fuck all about this game, but it has been more than five freaking weeks. I have no patience with dipshits who do nothing but sleep and giggle all day and have not one clue what the freaking rules are. Call it a pet peeve.

• Love 11

Honestly the people I like the most are Liz and Julia and now that I'm hearing Liz is expressing thoughts about not keeping Shelli/not trusting Vanessa I feel like I can actually root for Liz now, too. I was scared she would just follow Julia in being Vanessa's lackey, but it appears she probably won't. I hope she can get Julia to stop being so into Vanessa.

• Love 3

I think the other side of the house will forgive Clay once Shelli is gone should they get her out. Vanessa will certainly use that to her advantage to keep Shelli by getting F&G keeping the person most likely to stay a target in the house.

So, of course, it is easier to work with Shelli since she can provide something useful, but even more important for a lot of people needs to be keeping enough shields in front of you to save your ass when things don't go your way in this game. I think Shelli is still a shield if she stays and Clay turns into a sword(vote) for the other side.

As far as the ranking of popularity of house guests go, I think there are a few things at play:

1) America likes an underdog. It is clear that said underdog seems to be the JJJM alliance. They suck at strategy and outside of James, suck at challenges. It makes it easier to cheer for them because you think they need the support.

2) Guilty by association. For example, the hate for Shelli and Clay because of their stone cold stabbing of a popular member from the above alliance, they plummeted to great lows. Similarly, Austin has been a creeper this whole time, so this puts a downer of Vanessa/Twins. Julia escaped this stigma because people are realizing that Liz is more guilty of being associated with Austin and her goodbye to Jason was pretty mean. On the opposite side, Meg hating Clelli makes her even more popular just because she hates someone the audience hates.

For the overall level of snarky that is our forums, these things don't move the meter. We don't care that Meg hates Clay, we instead care that she is dumb as rocks and her voice makes us want to punch babies. Unfortunately(well, really, fortunately), we don't represent the more common spectrum of BB fans.

• Love 4

Meg finally lost me for good when she asked James earlier if someone won POV and pulled another person off, could they be nominated? I understand recruits knowing fuck all about this game, but it has been more than five freaking weeks. I have no patience with dipshits who do nothing but sleep and giggle all day and have not one clue what the freaking rules are. Call it a pet peeve.

It's not a bad question to ask.  With the original Veto, it was possible for that to happen.  It was why they changed it to a Golden Power of Veto near the end of BB3 and have kept it that way ever since.

Liz is playing all sides and she's doing it much better and more interestingly than Becky/John IMO. Her game is really the only one I find interesting. I really want her to turn into a late in the game comp queen.

Obviously for Vanessa it makes no sense to keep Clay. That will 100% hurt her game. And for James/Meg/Jackie keeping Shelli is obviously a bad idea. But I haven't really decided what's best for anyone else yet. And I don't think they have either. This vote is actually interesting. Finally!

• Love 4

I think this vote will the tipping point. If F&G vote to keep Shelli then Vanessa still has a hold over her alliance and can go far. If they vote out Shelli, Vanessa is in a tough spot and may be in danger during the Double Eviction.

• Love 3

I think it might take awhile to figure out just what Liz/Julia/Austin votes turn out to be.

Well it's as terrible for their game to keep Clay as it is for Vanessa, Clay is going to go to blow up the Sixth Sense, and Liz/Julia/Austin are half of the Sixth Sense, and I can't think of a one of them that has good relationships with any of the ADC OR Jecky. I assume Vanessa will talk some sense into Julia and hopefully she can bring Liz in line, unfortunately it seems like Liz is driving the twin bus, and it is DRUNK.

• Love 1

I think this vote will the tipping point. If F&G vote to keep Shelli then Vanessa still has a hold over her alliance and can go far. If they vote out Shelli, Vanessa is in a tough spot and may be in danger during the Double Eviction.

Hmm. See, I don't know. Who would put Vanessa up, at this point? James, Jackie, and Meg all thing she's a loner now. Steve definitely wouldn't. Austin, Liz, and the Twins wouldn't, not while there are bigger threats around. Clay has bigger fish to fry right now in the game. JMac seems to want James out. Becky, well. She's the only one up in the air, and I'm not sure she'd really want to win HOH right now, because she'd have to declare a side.

Liz is playing all sides and she's doing it much better and more interestingly than Becky/John IMO. Her game is really the only one I find interesting. I really want her to turn into a late in the game comp queen.

Obviously for Vanessa it makes no sense to keep Clay. That will 100% hurt her game. And for James/Meg/Jackie keeping Shelli is obviously a bad idea. But I haven't really decided what's best for anyone else yet. And I don't think they have either. This vote is actually interesting. Finally!

Yes. I find Liz interesting. Knowing a little more of her pre-BB background makes me believe she is smarter than she is acting. The stringing Austin along as a target before her, the playing both sides to hedge her bets(because she is better off having options, especially if Shelli goes home), and being part of two different pairings but still not targeted means she(and Julia) are doing something right.

I believe Julia is better liked throughout the house, but Liz is more tuned to the pulse of the game. She is patiently waiting out the early rounds, being generally innocuous while keeping herself pretty neutral on the likability scale, which keeps her from being targeted by people who go after threats with the jury and people they simply don't like.

It is easy to see that she is playing a subtle game, but she maneuvered herself into a main alliance, unlike the other people who often appear to be doing nothing. That makes her light years ahead of Meg, Becky, and Jackie.

• Love 2

Has anyone else noticed that Austin cannot stand up from a chair or seat without saying "Ugh. Oh God," in this ridiculously neutral, non-"Oh God" voice? I started noticing it and now I can't unnotice it. It's annoying.

I think Liz will go before Julia. Being the twin who's won comps + being in a showmance, makes her a huge target. If she's ever up on the block vs. Austin or Julia (or anyone else for that matter), Liz will be the one to go home IMO. Get rid of Liz, and you eliminate two strong pairs in one blow.

• Love 4

I think Liz will go before Julia. Being the twin who's won comps + being in a showmance, makes her a huge target. If she's ever up on the block vs. Austin or Julia (or anyone else for that matter), Liz will be the one to go home IMO. Get rid of Liz, and you eliminate two strong pairs in one blow.

Oh, I don't disagree. If the house guests are smart, you eliminate Liz first.

I think if Julia is the final member standing of that "threesome" then she is going to end up going really far. It also seems the most likely outcome. However, if Austin goes first, who knows what happens then.

We could be sitting at final 5 with something along the lines of 2 players and 3 pawns. As to who each is, take your pick, but I think Julia and Meg both have really good chances to get there. If I were to take an early stab at it, I'd probably say something like James/Vanessa/Meg/Julia/(one of Steve/JMac/Liz/Shelli). For some reason, it is hard to imagine Jackie there because I think she will go before Meg...and I can't see that side of the house dominating challenges.

But if the other side of the house believe Liz when she renounces Austin and Vanessa, they may see her as the more useful twin to keep around. Regardless, so much game left to be played.

The new plan is for Clay and Shelli to go up to James and tell him that the house does not have his back in the upcoming vote. They're not going to throw Steve's name out there, they're only going to imply it. Whatever the result of this vote, the fallout is going to be interesting.

Big Brother opened the photo booth while Shelli is still going through her routine. Apparently, the live feeders want the HGs to take ugly photos of themselves. I'm sure the live feeders really care. It's just hilarious to see them steer the crowd away from Shelli while she toils away outside.

• Love 1