Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Austin whispers to Liz, "They told me in the DR someone's lying to us." Then fish. Now we're back and I can't tell who exactly they're talking about.

This is the kind of shit that makes me hate Big Brother sometimes. LEAVE THINGS ALONE, PRODUCERS.

Austin is talking with Liz right now, and said he's going to ask John, Steve, James, and Meg who they would want to see go this week the most. If they all say they want Vanessa out, Austin wants to keep her, because he doesn't want to send out everyone's target this week. Smart, Austin. 

Earlier today, Vanessa (smartly) had some strategy talks with Julia mostly and a little bit with Liz. They talked a lot about Steve, and how they think he's fake and untrustworthy, and that he's been with Johnny Mac for a long time.  I am pretty sure a huge portion of Vanessa's distrust of Steve/John comes from a few weeks ago, when Shelli told Vanessa that John told Clay (are yall keeping up?) that John has a final 2 with Steve, and then when confronted about it by Vanessa, Steve denied it. 

And after the Vanessa/Liz/Julia conversation today, Liz and Julia are pretty much on the Evict John or Steve train.

• Love 2

I guess Production is trying to protect John because Austin/Liz seem really focused on Steve and James right now. Dammit, I thought they would let John go. UGH!

Well, he's the fan favorite by far.

Maybe Steve will win Veto.

Well, he's the fan favorite by far.

He doesn't seem to be the overwhelming fan fave imo. Maybe earlier, but lately most people seem to see him as a dumbass. And James emerged late to be pretty popular.

If Steve wins veto James will go up and probably out.

• Love 5

Austin is pissed that no one came upstairs to the HoH after the names were drawn for Veto to ask what Austin wants done with the Veto. I mean, he thinks it could be okay because maybe that means they really are okay with the rest of the house, but no one wants his opinion. They can all be backdoor targets! What are they thinking?

Hey, Austin? Why don't you just wait until after the Veto is won to start talking about what to do with it. 

Also, LOL at Austin and Liz telling Julia that she needs to try and win the Veto. Ha! Julia's going to make it through the season without a single win under her name. I'd honestly give Meg better odds than Julia (also, it would be funnier. Go Grandma!).

ETA: He's also concerned that the DR doesn't ask him questions about how it feels to be the king of the house or how comfortable he feels in power. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

The fruits of Vanessa's manic labor are starting to blossom in this Austin/Liz/Julia conversation happening right now. Earlier today with Liz and Julia, Vanessa floated the idea of Steve working with James, and now they're worried that the 2 pairs (John/Steve, James/Meg) will team up next week to get out the threesome, IF they evicted Vanessa this week.

This is interesting to see, because a lot of what they're talking about is at least partly based on seeds that Vanessa has planted the past two days.

I still have no idea how Vanessa managed to turn the Austwins from trashing her on a constant basis last week to them wanting to keep her around for another few weeks. And Liz and Julia both don't believe she'd ever put them up, now.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Aw, man, the cookies turned out all right. I figured they were going to be shit.

Oh, and Vanessa's medication has been forgotten by the DR today. So we know her excuse for when she doesn't win Veto later today.

• Love 6

I really hate production protecting Vanessa. I know they want her in the finals but it seems so wrong since the money is life changing to anybody else in the house and chump change to her.

It was chump change to Dr Will and I never see people complaining about his win. Also, I think it would be chump change to the dentist in the house as well, who is nowhere near the player Vanessa is regardless of what people personally think of them as people (and I like her but think she's overrated as a player but she is, you know, PLAYING). 

But then again, I don't think people's financial situations should ever be a factor or BB, Survivor or any game show for that matter. JMO

Edited by yankee1151
  • Love 7

I mean if this ends with Steve evicted I'm not gonna be mad at it lol. But he'd probably win the buy back comp anyway.

I feel like I just need to accept that this season, like most others, isn't gonna end in a way that's entertaining to me.

ETA: And it's veto time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

ZINGBOT TIME! YAY! I can't wait until the feeds come back and someone's crying or whining about their zing.

I need some kind of drama. This week is shaping up to be as dull as last week.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

I feel like I just need to accept that this season, like most others, isn't gonna end in a way that's entertaining to me.

I think there are only 2 or 3 seasons (out of 17! omg) where I've enjoyed the ending of this show. Why do I continue to do this to myself?

• Love 6

Austin might legit cry. I hope Zingbot is brutal.

I'm hoping for an Austin/Liz doubleheader that mentions Austin's (ex)girlfriend. Or what he smells like. Either will do.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

Aw, man, the cookies turned out all right. I figured they were going to be shit.

I've loved your cookie updates today!  I too am disappointed that they seemed to have turned out okay.

• Love 3

I'm not buying that Big Brother is trying to save anyone, certainly not Johnny Mac over Steve. Steve has been featured a lot more than Johny Mac on the show recently. They've both had home visits, and while Johnny Mac's DRs still seem popular, they show a segment of Steve doing Steve stuff by himself pretty much every show. And I can't imagine them wanting Vanesssa out at this point, she's TV gold.

From what I've seen of Austin, he's very easily persuaded, and reads a LOT into things. And really only cares about making good TV and getting another job in wresting, so I have no real respect for him as a game player, even though I do acknowledge he's playing the game. I can easily see the DR asking him if he thinks there's things going on in the house that he's not aware of (the most generic question ever), and him turning it into a "thing".

• Love 5

I really hate production protecting Vanessa. I know they want her in the finals but it seems so wrong since the money is life changing to anybody else in the house and chump change to her.

Eh, that shouldn't matter. If it did, might as well go back to Season 1 format and we can vote for the one who "needs" it the most to win.

Austin whispers to Liz, "They told me in the DR someone's lying to us." Then fish. Now we're back and I can't tell who exactly they're talking about.

I heard this, too. I always thought DR manipulates things, but past HGs insist they just ask questions to make you think. They could definitely cater the questions to make you paranoid about certain things, though. "Do you think someone is lying to you?" or "Are you sure someone isn't lying to you?" would definitely start making you think you were missing something if you're paranoid already.

• Love 3

ETA: It looks like Vanessa is drinking an energy drink. I don't know if that's a great idea for her (or anyone who has ADHD?). Both before a comp and just in general. The opposite of an energy drink is what she needs. Some sleepytime tea maybe.

Actually, caffeine is a well known great way to self medicate if you have ADD or ADHD. ADD meds like Adderall or Vyvanse are actually amphetamines. Caffeine, as a stimulant, helps people with ADD focus and calm down.
  • Love 2

The show has been on for 17 seasons now.  If there was any real manipulation by the producers for a certain outcome, someone who have leaked it by now.

There is no way a major powerhouse like CBS will risk steep FCC violations - just to favor a certain winner of a summer time reality TV show.

Off course the so called conspiracy theories never fails to rear it's ugly head every season - when viewers favorites aren't doing better.

• Love 1

The show has been on for 17 seasons now.  If there was any real manipulation by the producers for a certain outcome, someone who have leaked it by now.

There is no way a major powerhouse like CBS will risk steep FCC violations - just to favor a certain winner of a summer time reality TV show.

Off course the so called conspiracy theories never fails to rear it's ugly head every season - when viewers favorites aren't doing better.

Shows like BB and Survivor are not subject to the same rules as regular game shows. They can rig it all they want and the players sign something acknowledging this. FCC can't get involved at all. Also in terms of leaks, they all (including crew/production) have to sign ironclad NDAs. I don't know how long they last, but leaking shit could ruin careers, trust me I work in this industry. And the casts are (mostly) famewhores that want to be asked back/asked to do TAR or Survivor, etc. Chima sure had a whole lot to say about what went on wrt her exit, so I imagine the NDA had expired and she (rightly) doesn't have any fucks to give about being on any CBS show. 

• Love 4

I watched a whole movie since this comp began!

A couple of things regarding Liztin.  First of all, based on what I've read here over the past few days, and what I've seen myself on the show and a few BBADs, I don't think Liz feels any differently about Austin than she did when she said she liked him but "didn't feel that way about him."  Part of the reason I think she's acting like (and saying in DR) that she does is the current game sitch (i.e. meat-shield), but I think that conversation between L/A about possibly being as popular as Brenchel is telling.  I think Liz might think that her showmance might lead to other reality show gigs like future All-Stars seasons, TAR, etc.  In that case, would she possibly take Austin further in the game than Julia?  I don't think so; I certainly hope not; but I wouldn't discount it.

Secondly, Liz has the perfect excuse to stop Austin pawing her: "My parents are watching!"  I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that young people today would be just as mortified at the thought of their parents watching them engage in sexual activity as my generation (known historically as "if it feels good, do it" generation) would have been.  And yet Liz is allowing it.  See above re: showmance.

Because it can't be said enough, thanks to feed-watchers who share here.  I don't know how you find the time to do so and also work, sleep, enjoy friends and family and, most importantly, watch other TV shows. :)

Edited by Newbietunes
  • Love 6

The BBAD people are getting a rerun and a message that the show will be live once the comp is over. Shitty deal for them. Zingbot usually takes awhile, too. I think we're at around two and a half hours since the feeds went down.

ETA:

Because it can't be said enough, thanks to feed-watchers who share here.  I don't know how you find the time to do so and also work, sleep, enjoy friends and family and, most importantly, wacth other TV shows. :)

Wine helps. Lots of wine. And temperatures too hot to want to go out in the real world. Big Brother is my "thing" every year and it's cheap entertainment. I listen to the feeds while I do other things. And wine. Did I mention the wine? Lemme go pour another glass while we wait for the feeds to come back...

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 8

Interesting that this is the way the show chose to handle the comp going long. I remember last season a Veto comp going on forever, partly due to Zach completely sucking at it, and when BBAD came on, it was just Derrick and that dude who was obsessed with Amber (I legitimately can not remember his name) being locked in the HOH room because they were the only two not playing in the comp. It was pretty bad television, but still better than a repeat. Stupid heat (which I assume is why they started the comp late). I want to go to bed, but refuse to until I know who won veto.

• Love 6

Caleb! Beast Mode Cowboy!

Yeah, I thought they would send James into the house to entertain the BBAD people, but didn't they get zinged at the end of the comp last time? They might want him outside for that.

One BB player lied to another!?!?   STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!

Shoot.  I was looking forward to some good across-the-table cookie spew.

If production wants to save JMac that badly, they'll whip out a coup 'de tout or pandora box this week.

...or a Reset, maybe?

• Love 1

I hate every single person involved in this veto. Both playing and planning. I am so tired. But I know me, and one of the ways where this show has a very obnoxious hold on me is if I go to sleep now, I will dream all kinds of outcomes and will wake up thinking Audrey came back into the house and won. I don't like that.

• Love 8

Four hours now. Two glasses left. Who will win?

If the feeds come back and they're all sleeping...

ETA:

Okay, off to run to the store, that should guarantee the feeds come back shortly while I'm out.

Get wine! And deliver to western Canada, please. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

Secondly, Liz has the perfect excuse to stop Austin pawing her: "My parents are watching!" I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that young people today would be just as mortified at the thought of their parents watching them engage in sexual activity as my generation (known historically as "if it feels good, do it" generation) would have been. And yet Liz is allowing it. See above re: showmance.

I think he's a fun distraction for her - I mean, she's stuck in a house with nothing else to do and no one else to tempt her. But, also, she's a recruit. I don't think she's ever seen the live feeds or the hoopla that goes on with it. It's one thing to tell someone the 24/7 situation, and another to actually see it. She'd probably be far more careful if she knew the reality of what goes on with the BB viewers. I mean, screenshots, discussions, videos...it'll probably be a nightmare when she gets put. Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

I hate every single person involved in this veto. Both playing and planning. I am so tired. But I know me, and one of the ways where this show has a very obnoxious hold on me is if I go to sleep now, I will dream all kinds of outcomes and will wake up thinking Audrey came back into the house and won. I don't like that.

Wait, you think Audrey coming back in the house and winning the veto would be a BAD thing? :)

• Love 3

Honestly, Audrey coming back and winning veto would be awesome. It will also be a dream which would never come true. I would wake up thinking, "Audrey is back" and then coming back to reality, and looking up who won to see that Austin won. It's a double blow. Meanwhile, it's 1am my time and I am a complete nutcase.

• Love 1

Honestly, Audrey coming back and winning veto would be awesome. It will also be a dream which would never come true. I would wake up thinking, "Audrey is back" and then coming back to reality, and looking up who won to see that Austin won. It's a double blow. Meanwhile, it's 1am my time and I am a complete nutcase.

It's a puzzle. Austin will not win. It's 2 am my time and I'm losing it too. FUCK YOU, ZINGBOT!!

• Love 1

I honestly believe that the show doesn't give a shit about anyone left this season. I mean, they do LIKE John, Steve, Vanessa and the twins (the Twin Twist possibly going to the Final 2 is definitely something AG would love) but no one is such a standout that they'd skew the game to save them. They didn't do shit to save Donny last year and he was more popular than anyone this year. Besides that one Frankie BotB last year and the general "stop S6 from dominating this year by ending BotB early" this year, they haven't really intervened since BB14, I believe, when they tried to get Dan a DPOV and Dan ended up not getting it but still saving himself through Dan's Funeral (and hint - BB - what was more interesting? Dan saving himself through your rigging or Dan saving himself on his own?). 

• Love 7