Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Their reaction wasn't really that bad imo, certainly not on the level of Vanessa when she was nommed or Jace or Audrey. Or even Day. But, yea, they should've realized that was gonna happen. Meg actually did suggest beforehand that they would both be nommed, but James didn't think so. They're both so dumb, but they both also have fleeting moments where they get it.

Steve said that he checked the Native American box to get affirmative action at Cornell. He said it worked. That's pretty foul. And this is why I don't fully believe Steve's "I'm just so awkward and cute so don't be mad at me for all the gross stuff I say and do tee hee" schtick.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I was thinking more ridiculously stupid. Which I suppose shouldn't be a surprise.

Steve's awkwardness really helps mask an unlikeable personality IMO.

• Love 4

Steve said that he checked the Native American box to get affirmative action at Cornell. He said it worked. That's pretty foul. And this is why I don't fully believe Steve's "I'm just so awkward and cute so don't be mad at me for all the gross stuff I say and do tee hee" schtick.

Oh man - that is horrible.  This would be a good time to use the line...."That's why we can't have nice things"

• Love 2

I just had a really awesome thought for DE. Let's say Steve wins HOH and then actually does what he says and puts up Liz/Austin. Then Liz wins veto. This works out beautifully because Steve will probably shit himself on live tv when he has to do a replacement nom. Then he can put up Julia and Austin can get evicted. What a dream! There is literally no chance of this happening though lol. I still don't believe Steve would put up Liz/Austin. And even if he did if one of them won veto he'd probably put up James and then James would just go because Vanessa wants to go to the F4 with blood relatives and a showmance.

Steve's awkwardness really helps mask an unlikeable personality IMO.

Yep. Ah, to be an awkward, white man.

Bit off topic but Jason really doesn't like Steve. From a Twitter conversation from earlier this morning...

TheJayRoy @TheJayRoy
morning squirrel squad

Crystal D. @modestvixen
@TheJayRoy morning Jason! I'm sure you're being flooded with people informing ya bout Steve talkin crap again :/

TheJayRoy @TheJayRoy
@modestvixen actually no,but no surprise there.

Crystal D. @modestvixen
@TheJayRoy whining about "the fight" that happened before feeds with Vanessa. You've been out for weeks and they still worried bout you ;)

TheJayRoy @TheJayRoy
@modestvixen nah hes probably just worried i would tell the world the things he said. he's lucky i havent.

• Love 1

How does that work?  Did Cornell give him a break on tuition or did they give him scholarship money?  Or did it just make it easier for him to get into Cornell?

Because if that is the case and he is still going there (He said he is missing a semester by being on the show), I wonder if Cornell could go after him.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 2
Because if that is the case and he is still going there (He said he is missing a semester by being on the show), I wonder if Cornell could go after him.

Or some Native Americans who did NOT get into Cornell.  The boy may be smart, but he sure is dumb.

I don't actually believe Steve. I'm pretty sure that if you check the Native American box on college applications, you have to also submit tribal ID information as well.  It's not as simple as just checking a box, with no proof or research.

• Love 8

Steve actually does have some Native American background. He's said that he's 1/16th Cherokee and that he was told that that "counted" as being Native American and so it was OK. I have no idea what the actual requirements are to count as Native American on college applications (ie what % Native American do you have to be for it to count), I think it varies per state/school.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 3

Bit off topic but Jason really doesn't like Steve. From a Twitter conversation from earlier this morning...

What is "the fight" they're referring to? I didn't really start paying attention until after Jeff's eviction.

Who is Jeff? LOL!! Man, that seems so long ago. We are getting down to the home stretch. I guess we will have a better idea how this is going to play out with Thursday's DE. Will it be Vanessa & Austwin in the Final 4? If so, who will ultimately win. As long, that it's not the twins in the Final 2 I'll be happy. I can't imagine BB & CBS would want a Final 2 of the twins either, right? Too boring.

How does that work? Did Cornell give him a break on tuition or did they give him scholarship money? Or did it just make it easier for him to get into Cornell?

Cornell doesn't care. It's only interested in what it's stats show. If Cornell really cared it would ask for a tribal identity card issued by tribes to their members.

And who knows? He might have gotten in without that being a consideration. Anyway, it shows an absolute lack of character. It's a very bad thing to do. He should be deeply ashamed instead of actually telling people about it.

ETA: Each tribe has its own membership rules. The Cherokee tribe, if I recall correctly, requires an ancestor who was on the 1916 membership roll. Or something like that, I've encountered very fair blue-eyed people with Cherokee membership cards. The Navajo tribe requires 1/4 Navajo ancestry. Some tribes have a one drop rule. But so many people claim Native American ancestry. Sometimes it's just family lore.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 4

I'm dying to know if this bs from Vanessa is all game, bad memory or both. Of course, most reality contestants have revisionist history when they are done the game and you never know if they are telling the truth or not. So, we'll probably know the truth about Vanessa with her crying & made up stories after she is done talking to someone. Remember her being threatened by Becky in the backyard? Nope! Because it didn't happen and we all saw it, too. Vanessa is either an amazing player or completely off her rocker. LOL!!!

• Love 3

What is "the fight" they're referring to? I didn't really start paying attention until after Jeff's eviction.

Happened before the feeds came on. Jason talked about it before. It sounded like Steve made a homophobic remark, but I'm not sure

Watching Meg suck on Lick-A-Stix is making James horny as a goat and me losing the will to live. Meg likes the grape flavor the best and thinks the cherry flavor tastes like cough medicine.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
Happened before the feeds came on. Jason talked about it before. It sounded like Steve made a homophobic remark, but I'm not sure

Based on a couple of conversations I read about, I don't think it was a matter of Steve making a homophobic remark, but I'm not going to speculate what I think it was about.

• Love 1

Meg overheard Liz and Steve talking in the storage room. They were discussing Julia going up on the block, and Steve was ensuring that Julia has his vote. He said the decision will be easy for him because it's between an ally (Julia) and someone who was trying to get him out last week (Meg). However, Meg and James have now interpreted this as Liz trying to get Steve to vote out JMac (someone trying to get Steve out) over Meg (an ally now?).

LOL Summer Camp

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Vanessa just told Meg that if she has a problem with someone she'll go right to the person.  And within 15 seconds of that, told Meg that she has a problem with James making fun of her speech.  If i were Meg I would have said..."Did you talk to him about it?"  

(I've been hit and miss on feeds so hopefully I didn't miss Vanessa talking to James about her speech)

• Love 2

Meg is campaigning to stay in the house and for Vanessa to put up John. Meg actually told Vanessa that she's with James while John is alone. WHAT IS SHE DOING? LOL Vanessa was like, that's the exact reason I'd want him to stay. 

• Love 1

Happened before the feeds came on. Jason talked about it before. It sounded like Steve made a homophobic remark, but I'm not sure.

In the convo I saw Jason said it was because Steve talked about seeing someone at the mall with a "God Hates Bags" bag, which was a play on that whole "God Hates Fags" thing. I hope there's more to it because that doesn't sound bad lol. There must be something else if Jason is claiming he hasn't told anyone what it was. But then again, it's Jason, and he was a dick so.

This Vanessa/Meg convo is a disaster. Meg is so dumb and Vanessa is so annoying.

• Love 1

Based on a couple of conversations I read about, I don't think it was a matter of Steve making a homophobic remark, but I'm not going to speculate what I think it was about.

In the convos I saw Jason specifically said he made a homophobic remark. But then he told the above story, which isn't a homophobic remark, so I don't understand. Jason and Steve both suck imo, so it's kind of a wash. What are the convos that you heard that lead you to believe it wasn't about a homophobic remark.

ETA: Vanessa is telling Meg how insulted she is by James telling her she's playing the game too hard. And that he was insulting how she plays. Bitch, you do that all the damn time! 

Now she's talking about how she's always the third wheel. With Shelli/Clay, with Austwins. And she said 'the people I worked with has been utterly obvious." I thought you were solo dolo, honey! 

Now bringing up that being gay she feels a little different than everyone else.

Then she started crying. And yet was completely not crying seconds later.

I can't with her at all anymore.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Steve actually does have some Native American background. He's said that he's 1/16th Cherokee and that he was told that that "counted" as being Native American and so it was OK. I have no idea what the actual requirements are to count as Native American on college applications (ie what % Native American do you have to be for it to count), I think it varies per state/school.

My mom is 1/8th Cherokee (great-grandmother was on the Trail of Tears), and if I wasn't adopted, I would have been 1/16th.  In that case, I could see her encouraging me to use that on college apps if it was allowed.  Now that Native Americans are entitled to a couple of things, everybody wants to claim ancestry.

• Love 2

Best I could piece together about Steve's comment was that it somehow revolved around Steve talking about seeing someone at a mall with a bag that said "God hates bags". It seems as though Steve may have used the "f word" in referring to that (not sure if he actually said it or just implied it). Jason was offended by that. Steve claimed that he didn't understand why Jason was upset. He talked to Audrey about it and she explained why. He then apologized to Jason several times (and also to everyone else), saying that he didn't mean to hurt him or anyone else and that he wouldn't use that word anymore now that he understood. This got brought up yesterday because Steve was saying that he was aggravated because he felt like Jason couldn't let it go even though Steve apologized and Jason accepted the apology.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 2

Vanessa has gotten what she wanted. Meg has no information to give her and she has no use for anyone outside of a game interest. Can she use them ore get information from them? That's the end of it.

• Love 1

Meg will enjoy the jury house. It will be the summer camp that she's been hoping for. She will have fun sunning by the pool with her sority sisters Shelli, Jackie & Becky. It sounds like a great vacation to mr and you're getting paid. I wonder what the stipend actually is? I know that's all Jason was hoping for and he was evicted months ago.

• Love 2

YMMV, but I don't put much stock in anything Jason says. He was a nasty guy from what I remember and I haven't missed him one bit. I also find it hard to believe that Steve would make this supposedly awful remark before the feeds come on, but has never once slipped up in the two plus months since the feeds have come on. If he really was homophobic, racist, or whatever it was... I just can't imagine he'd be able to keep it hidden for so long with cameras on him 24/7.

• Love 7

YMMV, but I don't put much stock in anything Jason says. He was a nasty guy from what I remember and I haven't missed him one bit. I also find it hard to believe that Steve would make this supposedly awful remark before the feeds come on, but has never once slipped up in the two plus months since the feeds have come on. If he really was homophobic, racist, or whatever it was... I just can't imagine he'd be able to keep it hidden for so long with cameras on him 24/7.

I think he probably did make a comment that he thought was innocuous and when others explained why it was offensive, he understood and apologized profusely. That's what I gathered from the comments made by other HGs. Steve is a socially awkward guy who was almost definitely sheltered (small ass town, attachment to mommy, etc.)  Jason probably knew Steve meant no harm and was sincere in his apologies, but because he and the other summer campers thought Steve was creepy or weird or whatever, just used that as more ammo to hate him - because their other REASONS were petty and mean-girlish.  

Also, if the rumors about Steve being gay/bi are true, he may have made the comment out of insecurity. I am by no means defending Steve if he truly made an offensive comment knowingly. He's technically a grown man. But from what it sounds like, the comment was pretty benign to begin with and when Audrey or whoever explained why it was offensive, Steve felt terrible. If Jason and his pals didn't hate Steve for other (superficial and petty) reasons, they would have been totally fine with him post-apology and it would have never been mentioned again. But this was during the time where literally no one spoke to Steve (unless they absolutely had to) save Julia (part time player) and Vanessa. 

I didn't hate Jason and frequently thought he was funny, but I think his bittercakes over being evicted pre-jury are going to last quite a while. And his hatred of Steve was unwarranted from what I saw, but he was far from the only one who acted that way. I'm glad Steve feels comfortable talking to everyone left now, and they are being nicer to him. 

Edited by yankee1151
  • Love 8

Sounds like the "would you rather" game. People usually use slightly less bizarre questions though.

I caught part of that game on BBAD and one of her other questions was something like "would you rather have a steel toe or a cement nose." Meg looked at her like she was insane and said steel toe BECAUSE YOU CAN HIDE IT!  The weirdest part of the game was that Julia was the only one asking the questions. Everyone else was just like okay, we're bored, so...

James saying he's going to do the opposite of whatever Vanessa tells him. Says if Meg goes and he wins HOH his noms would be Austin/Vanessa with Liz as the replacement.

He's pretty much conceding that he's fucked and is going to have to win a bunch of comps to make it any father.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

Vanessa has gotten what she wanted. Meg has no information to give her and she has no use for anyone outside of a game interest. Can she use them ore get information from them? That's the end of it.

And this is why she might lose in F2. We fans love the strategy and machinations but the game is also about relationships and getting people to like you, and Vanessa just really sucks at that aspect. I don't think she's blessed with good social skills but she doesn't do herself any favors.

• Love 3

James saying he's going to do the opposite of whatever Vanessa tells him. Says if Meg goes and he wins HOH his noms would be Austin/Vanessa with Liz as the replacement.

He's pretty much conceding that he's fucked and is going to have to win a bunch of comps to make it any father.

He also said he thinks the Austwins have been controlling Vanessa this whole game and now she's thinking for herself...

• Love 1

He also said he thinks the Austwins have been controlling Vanessa this whole game and now she's thinking for herself...

And yet, he'd still target Vanessa if he wins HOH. 

• Love 1

And this is why she might lose in F2. We fans love the strategy and machinations but the game is also about relationships and getting people to like you, and Vanessa just really sucks at that aspect. I don't think she's blessed with good social skills but she doesn't do herself any favors.

Who do you think she could beat in a Final 2?

I think she loses to Austin for sure.  Johnny Mac, James, and Liz is a toss-up.  Steve and Meg, I don't know.  Julia she'd win.

I think you're right that the social game will get her in the end.  If she's in Final 2 her plea for votes will remind everyone what it's like to have Vanessa explain things.  They'll remember they weren't very friendly with her anyway and vote for the person they like the best.  ?????

Julia and JMac are her best bets. She loses to everyone else (I'm not counting Meg because I'm assuming she goes this week).

I don't know if she loses to Steve. John knows he's been a lap dog and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the concensus at the end.

• Love 1

I don't know if she loses to Steve. John knows he's been a lap dog and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the concensus at the end.

I guess it depends on who wins comps at the end. 

• Love 1

Julia and JMac are her best bets. She loses to everyone else (I'm not counting Meg because I'm assuming she goes this week).

JMac would have Shelli and Becky on lock. The Goblins, especially Jackie would most likely vote with Becky. Bonus is they'll voting against Vanessa. That is all the votes he'll need to win. I think Steve would vote for JMac too.

• Love 1