Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

As someone who also has an extremely close (bordering on "weird" according to my significant other) relationship with my sibling, I can totally understand Killian's predicament. The amount of love he has for Liam is probably pretty darn close to the same amount of love he has for Emma. That's a hell of a lot of love. He hasn't seen his brother in centuries, they're probably familial True Loves, and I could see Killian easily falling back into the younger brother/Lieutenant position and be submissive to his brother's superior older brother/Captain position, so anything Liam says to Hook will be taken as gospel. His entire life, Killian idolized and literally took orders from his older brother, so if Liam said something like, "Little brother, why do you want to even go back to Storybrooke? It has clearly caused you so much pain and suffering. Yes, you have friends and a pretty blonde girlfriend who apparently killed you, but your life is constantly in peril. I hear she's the Savior, do you think that lifestyle is ever going to change? Do you trust that she won't turn you into another Dark One some time in the future if you're on the brink of death again? What if a Storybrooke monster comes into town and kills you while you're on a mission with the Charmings? Your fate is inevitable. Come with me and you can finally be at peace once and for all. No more fighting. No more pain. Just you and me, brother." ...he would take it very seriously. I mean, Hook would have to be completely heartless and inhuman to not even contemplate that option.

Well said. I always appreciate it when shows depict how strong a sibling bond can be. I hate the idea that a character should automatically choose a significant other over a sibling. But of course, I do want Hook to choose Emma, and I also want Liam to realize that Hook should go back and live his life.

• Love 2

Does anyone else wonder if there could be a double-blind going on and the Hook that Emma rescued and then says what he says in the promo (can't bring myself to even type it!!!) isn't 'our' Hook.... ?

setting Emma up to fail and playing with her that way seems like Hades and Killian didn't seem like himself when they were all together at the loft....or maybe Rumple is up to his old shape shifting tricks by masquerading as Liam. then when Killian is about to step into the light 'Liam' slips up and says something that tips Killian off and realises it's a trick to get him out of the way. Either way...devastated Emma...because he chose to leave whether he actually went through with it or not.Then still lots of CS angst without a separation.

I don't know...something fishy going on. ..

Edited by PixiePaws1

I've got a theory that ties in with the less than thrilled look on Killian's face when he found out about the heart split and the Liam not liking Emma. Like when she turned a killian into the dark one without his consent, Emma just unilaterally decided they'd share a heart and never asked him apparently when they were offscreen (and she told him about Rumple's betrayal) whether the heart split was ok with him. These two need to have a conversation about choices and she needs to trust him to do the right thing - to do what's best for himself and for her. She's been running the show and there was that discussion when he was evil about her effectively neutering him. They both need the power. Maybe Liam is angry she doesn't give him a choice in controlling his destiny. And maybe he's still a bit angry at her and wants to choose. And ultimately does choose her but it gives him some of his power in the relationship back.

• Love 5

Any thoughts on why Emma's crib is in her house? They had her stare at it way too long for it not to come up again.

It could tie in with Emma's unfinished business. It is sort of symbolic of Emma's horrible childhood and lack of family for a lng time.

You know, if we spend all our time in Underbrooke with Emma getting confronted with her questionable decisions and choices, and feeling wrong or stupid, but Regina keeps getting scenes where she's getting forgiven without any effort by people (and horses, evidently) she's murdered? I think I will spit tacks.

• Love 2

Any thoughts on why Emma's crib is in her house? They had her stare at it way too long for it not to come up again.

Someone I know pointed out to me that when Hook is telling Rumple that he has a stay of execution, Rumple is positioned between Captain Swan and the crib because we see the strings from the mobile, which if I ever have a kid, I want one just like that. I know, irrelevant.

I don't know about Emma's unfinished business considering that she's not dead, and that her unfinished business would cause to open a whole can of worms with Regina and her parents which the writers have decided to keep closed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CS pregnancy. CS and RB relationships are foil, Rumple and Hook are foil, it makes sense that their progeny will be that too. 

About Liam...

In Hook's words, his brother is a stubborn arse. Plus he absolutely wants to be right about shit, which is why he decided to cut himself with the dreamshade. Emma and Hook tend to walk miles in each others' shoes. I guess it's Emma's turn to get that feeling of being inadequate and not enough which is exactly how the relationship was framed by Hook in 3x22.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CS pregnancy. CS and RB relationships are foil, Rumple and Hook are foil, it makes sense that their progeny will be that too.

Sorry, but if Emma is pregnant, I'm going to need to see the receipts.

Okay, so I refuse to believe the writers are going to pull another Graham on us and leave Milah hanging in the River of Lost Souls. So that means someone is going to have to save her... will Killian have to dive in and grab her? Will some kind of spell Emma and the gang discover save all the souls in the river by the end of the season? Will killing Hades reverse things? Will Rumple properly get punched in the face by both Milah and Hook? Will Killian and Milah actually get a goodbye scene before the end of the season? And more importantly...for the love of god, will these people stop trusting Rumple's stories?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

They both need the power. Maybe Liam is angry she doesn't give him a choice in controlling his destiny. And maybe he's still a bit angry at her and wants to choose. And ultimately does choose her but it gives him some of his power in the relationship back.

And it will make Charms and Snow (and even Henry) respect Hook more. Until recently, he'd only been admitted into their family circle on sufferance. Hook (as opposed to Regina) has had to jump through hoops to prove his love for Emma. Now they will see that Hook has someone on his side who loves him unconditionally 

and puts him first. This Underworld arc is going a long way to show that there are people both dead (Milah, Liam) and living, willing and able to look out for Hook.

Sorry, but if Emma is pregnant, I'm going to need to see the receipts.

We're all going to want to see those receipts, especially since they made a point of showing RB having rekindled that part of their marriage. It was probably done for people like me who would have been pointing at the whole Will/Belle relationship and screaming for a paternity test.

I'm not saying CS is happening right this second, but I think it's going to happen.

• Love 1

I'm not sure how Belle being pregnant after that rekindled relationship that apparently just happened maybe a day ago is going to tie in with the real-life pregnancy, given that she just gave birth. Are they going to be in the Underworld for six or so months, so that the next time we see Belle she'd got the huge bump? Or are they going to pull a Zelena and have Hades magically accelerate the pregnancy so he can get the baby sooner?

As for Hook, Liam, and Emma ... Since we know that Hook is one of the regular characters in a TV series, we know it's a good bet that he'll choose Emma and come back to the world of the living with her. But putting myself in Hook's head, where he doesn't know he's a character, I can see why he'd want to go with Liam. It's not as though his life was cut tragically short. He's lived a far longer than normal life, and it seems that most of it was unhappy. There was however long he and his brother were in the Navy together, and he seemed to have been happy in his time with Milah (though he was still missing his brother and wasn't the man he'd wanted to be), and now he's been happy for a few months with Emma, though that time has also involved a lot of fighting for his life and worrying about Emma. He chose to die, and he went out on a high note. If he came back, there's the chance that he could be tempted by darkness again, he'd have to face all the people who saw him as the Dark One, and there would be that constant fighting that seems to come with being in that world. So I can see where the idea of moving on to some kind of heaven with his brother would be really tempting (he's the character most likely to have made references to an afterlife and looking forward to it, so there may also be some element of religion there). It may look ungrateful that he doesn't want to be rescued by people who came to the Underworld after him, but he should have a say in what kind of rescue he gets, and even if he doesn't go back with Emma, she's still rescued him. If she hadn't come after him, there's no telling how long he would have been tortured by Hades, but she saved him from that, and her presence might be what allows him and Liam to move on to a good place for eternity, which counts as a rescue, even if it isn't the rescue she had in mind.

But I'm betting that Liam will turn out to be part of Hades' mind games, or else the flashback will make him change his tune on Emma, since we're pretty sure Hook will end up returning with Emma.

I agree. I don't think Liam is really Liam, which makes me sad because I really wanted to see their true reunion, and for Emma to meet the real Liam. If however, Liam is real, they're going to need a really good explanation to why Emma isn't good enough for Hook. I also think it's odd that Hook thinks he should move on instead of go back with Emma. This is the man that out ran a curse, sold his ship, never gave up no matter how many times Emma tried to push him away, followed her through a portal, and still loved Emma when he didn't have a heart. None of it makes sense.

I can see the arguments about Liam wanting Killian to move on to the light. And I understand Killian's wavering, because he's always worshipped Liam and it plays on his insecurities about not being worth saving, etc. Curio put it well.

But my gut says that it isn't the real Liam or he's being controlled/manipulated. Things just felt "off" in the preview. I can't imagine someone who loves their brother being all "finally my brother has died & is in the UW!" And, of course, in the last ep Hades told Rumple he had a job that only he could do.

I absolutely need Killian to actively CHOOSE to stay with Emma, not find out at the last second that it's not really Liam because someone comes running in as he's about to cross over with news they've found Liam's tipped-over tombstone.

• Love 2

As Killian's brother, Liam has a lot of reasons to be wary of Emma. Let's not forget she is the one who killed him. And I really hope Liam is the real Liam. It would be so unfair for Killian if, after not being able to see Milah again, he can't see his brother either. Really, Regina has already seen her father, her mother and her horse. At least let the poor guy see his real brother one last time.

• Love 2

Next episode...

Everyone is standing in front of the gravestones.

EMMA: So it looks like I'm here to stay, so no need to split my heart anyway.  Is there an Ikea down here?

MARY MARGARET: Hey I'm baaaaaaaaack.  Let's spend the little time we have left together eating at Granny's, uh I mean Blind Witch's Gingerbread Emporium.

CHARMING: I'm staying here with you.  Everyone we love is already down here, so why leave?

REGINA: This orange haze is great for my complexion anyway.

HENRY: Operation Chisel.  How do I get my slab!

ROBIN: What do the names on the gravestones mean?

• Love 1

But I'm betting that Liam will turn out to be part of Hades' mind games, or else the flashback will make him change his tune on Emma, since we're pretty sure Hook will end up returning with Emma.

I bet Liam will be working for Hades, but it'll be really him. Maybe Hades offers him and Killian a trip to Olympus or something.

I really hope not.  I don't think Liam needs to be working for Hades for him to ask this of Killian.  As a sort of rigid and regimental older brother, it is natural that he would try to convince Killian to go with him up into the light.   It would be a sort of happy ending for both Liam and Hook if they were to find peace together embarking on their next adventure in the ocean in the skies.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

I guess it's Emma's turn to get that feeling of being inadequate and not enough which is exactly how the relationship was framed by Hook in 3x22.

The problem with this is that Emma has spent her entire life not being enough for anyone. I guess she just hasn't learned her lesson yet.

• Love 2

I don't think it's just that. I think the problem is that Emma's fear of abandonment is still causing her to make decisions on Hook's behalf. All the Nevengers are a bit dim--they need to relearn the same lessons over and over apparently. So, even after all that went down in 5A, Emma is still not trusting Hook completely. She doesn't want to lose him. But instead of getting his input on her plans, she just informs him that it will work (like the heart-split). The problem with that is, poor Milah became collateral damage in their fight against Hades. This is the second time she has lost her life trying to save Hook. Emma, Snow, and Regina's names got written on the gravestones, even though Hook himself refused to do it. So, he might think it would be better overall to leave the UW with his brother, than risk getting more people hurt. Liam would encourage him to do that, in his over-protective bro-mode. It will be interesting to see how Hook reacts to these two opposing interests. 

• Love 3

See my problem with the whole thing is that I absolutely agree with Hook making his own choices and doing what he wants, but he's been the one leading the charge about Emma trusting in the future and how he'll never stop fighting for them and how she needs to ignore her entire life experience and give in to love and hope. So of course, when she finally does that and tries to do what everyone has been yelling at her to do, they immediately tell her it's wrong to do so and she needs to let it go. So hope and love and trust is good for everyone at all times except for this time and Emma is all wrong to do what she's doing. And the reality is that she does need to let it go, but the narrative has been screaming at her for so long that it's wrong to give up and let it go that I just get frustrated with everything.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3
And the reality is that she does need to let it go, but the narrative has been screaming at her for so long that it's wrong to give up and let it go that I just get frustrated with the whole thing.

It's frustrating too in regards to CS, because when Emma doesn't fight for Hook, everyone gets on her back, and when she does, everyone gets on her back too about it, and the way she's going about it.

In the end, I wonder if Emma is not a victim of her lack of experience in a relationship. Maybe she's so used to taking the lead with Hook that she forgets that his opinion matters too. 

• Love 3

I think the show has done a good job of setting up both Emma and Killian's insecurities well enough in the past couple of seasons to make legitimate arguments for both sides. There isn't one winner or loser, right or wrong person here. Which is why I love it when the show actually delves deep into their issues, because they're the only couple on this show where both characters are three-dimensional enough to support their motivations.

On one side, you have Emma who has finally brought her walls down completely, which is something she's been fighting for the entire series. She's finally doing something for herself and taking charge of her own destiny when her agency has always been taken away from her. She's finally going all-in with Killian when he's been fighting for her since Season 3. She finally got rid of being a Dark One, and she's probably sick and tired of helping give other people their happy endings that she's going to do whatever it takes to give herself one. But she also has a tendency to want to make all the decisions for herself and Killian, which he is slightly responsible for because he was the one who always let her take the lead up until now, but now that their relationship is getting more serious, that's becoming a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. I agree that Emma's lack of being in a long-term relationship might be affecting the way she makes decisions for herself and Hook, but she also has her parents' unrealistic True Love goals as her only comparison of a true loving relationship in her life. With Snow and Charming, Snow never asked Charming about splitting a heart and sharing it, she just did it. And Charming seems to be cool with it. So maybe Emma sees that and thinks Hook will just go with the flow and accept that doing a crazy thing like that is totally normal.

And then you have Hook's side of the equation, where he's just gone through the worst week(s) of his life. His girlfriend was a Dark One, he sacrificed himself to save her mom and got mortally wounded by Arthur, nearly bled out on the floor while everyone tried to convince Emma to let him die, begged Emma to let him go only for her to not listen to his dying wishes, she took away his agency (when all he ever tries to do is give her her agency) and turned him into the thing he hates most in the world, became a Dark One, learned that Emma lied to him about Excalibur and thought she didn't trust him, killed Merlin and began a dark curse, was lied to again by Emma in Storybrooke as she kept keeping the Dark One Hook a secret from him, went dark again in Storybrooke after finding out the truth, nearly killed the only family and friends he has in the world, watched Nimue nearly kill Emma, begged Emma to let him go again and kill him with Excalibur, sacrificed himself thinking he was saving his friends and destroying the darkness once and for all, went to the Underworld and immediately got tortured and beaten up, found out his girlfriend decided not to listen to him again because she apparently came down to save him, and because Emma and her family are helping save people in the Underworld he's been tortured by Hades to choose three people to die, was chained and hung over the River of Lost Souls, escaped only to find out his old love just died moments earlier trying to help him escape, realized Rumple screwed his sacrifice over and tricked him, and finally this all accumulates in finding out Emma made a decision without consulting him that they were going to physically share one heart. (I'm sorry Regina, what's that you said over there about having it worse than anyone else on the show? About life always kicking you in the teeth?)

I think in any other circumstance where Hook hasn't been through hell the past several weeks, he would be pretty thrilled about Emma coming to save him and would have had more of a "Wow, she wants to split her heart with me? Holy crap she finally thinks we're True Love!" moment. But he's exhausted, and he's tired of his friends suffering because of him. He probably feels extremely guilty about the whole Dark Hook situation, and now because of him being stuck in the Underworld, his friends might also have to be stuck in the Underworld. So what Emma sees as a heroic mission to save her True Love, Hook sees as a potentially futile mission where Emma's family is being hurt because they're foolishly trying to save him. Even without Liam in the situation, Hook (who already has a pinch of self-loathing) might begin thinking that Emma and her family are better off if he just moved on for good. So now that Liam comes in and offers his input, that's totally going to rattle the way Killian thinks this through.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

In the end, I wonder if Emma is not a victim of her lack of experience in a relationship. Maybe she's so used to taking the lead with Hook that she forgets that his opinion matters too. 

I think that's a big part of it. Hook has partly allowed that because of his own issues with self-worth, and fear that Emma would run if he pushes her too much. Relationship decisions affected both of them. Turning him into a Dark One, however, was something Emma did to him as a person, and against his will. And now again, he finds out that she was planning to split her heart with him, and just informed him of that a minute before Regina attempted to do it. So, there's again that lack of trust coming through. Seeing Liam in the UW would remind Hook of their father's betrayal and being sold into servitude. So, he would be dealing with conflicting emotions after being tortured by Hades, and finding out Milah's fate. So, peacing out and going to heaven with Liam would look like a very attractive option.

See my problem with the whole thing is that I absolutely agree with Hook making his own choices and doing what he wants, but he's been the one leading the charge about Emma trusting in the future and how he'll never stop fighting for them and how she needs to ignore her entire life experience and give in to love and hope.

It does seem unfair. And yet, I can't blame him for wanting autonomy in certain issues of self. I think if Emma just spoke to him and asked him if he wanted to return with her or not, it would go a long way in making him feel an equal in their relationship. Her actions show insecurity. Emma needs to trust in his love for her. 

ETA: What Curio said. ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Maybe people should tell Emma that she should have hope that even if she loses another person in her life she should still have hope that it wont be as bad even if she devotes her life to saving everyone else. lol What a shitty life she has.

I do see it in both Emma and Hooks POVs though. Emma has to trust Hook to make the right decision but Hook also has to trust that he is worth saving.

I think Hades probably does make an offer to Killian but in the end he realizes that Emma is good for Killian and how much Killian loves Emma and how much he needs her.

I still don't think Emma turning Hook into the Dark One is a good reason for Liam thinking she's good enough for Killian. She was not even in her right mind when she did it and she was trying to save him. I'd thank her if that was my brother if I'm being honest.

Ideas on Regina's next act of "sa​ving" in the Underworld? She will find the Cursed Apple, and help it move on. Its unfinished business is that nobody it Cursed stayed Cursed. Regina will help it realize that it is the thought, or rather, the bite that counts. She, along with Henry and Snow (the apple's victims) will stand by the fires of Mount Doom while the apple rolls off into a heavenly apple orchard where it will sprout, and bear hundred of cursed apples when it's a fully grown apple tree.

• Love 2

lol

I bet Cora will be Regina's last person who needs saving and we'll still not know if Snows parents or Ruth moved on. They wont even touch Graham with a ten foot pole all though I think him getting the fuck away from his rapist even if its death could be considered his unfinished business.

• Love 1

They wont even touch Graham with a ten foot pole all though I think him getting the fuck away from his rapist even if its death could be considered his unfinished business.

I agree. We won't get to see his gravestone and be reminded of the pesky rape issue. I'm not sure A&E think it's even rape. Instead, we get to see all the people (and horses) who feel kindly towards Regina, and want the best for her. 

I bet Cora will be Regina's last person who needs saving and we'll still not know if Snows parents or Ruth moved on.

Yeah, because these are the writers who would feel hauling flour makes up for massacring a safe haven.  Snow will acknowledge that it was the sins of her mother and father which made Cora lose sight of what's important in life... love, since all she ever wanted to do was to give Regina what she thought she needed, never realizing that friendship with victims is the glue that holds the universe together.

I can already hear Regina's motivational speech to Emma about being good enough for Hook:

Miss Swan, if you weren't of any value i wouldn't have tried to have you murdered when you were minutes old. Do you think I went around murdering just anyone?

• Love 2

I can already hear Regina's motivational speech to Emma about being good enough for Hook:

Miss Swan, if you weren't of any value i wouldn't have tried to have you murdered when you were minutes old. Do you think I went around murdering just anyone?

"Um... after talking to the people in Underbrooke, I would have to say yes. Yes I do."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Wow tumblr is up in arms over this whole issue (as usual), with people accusing each other of not loving Emma enough, or Killian enough. Lol We don't even know if Liam actually says anything about Emma not being good enough for Hook, or if Emma's insecurities are flaring up making her think that to be the case.

At any rate, the poor guy has been waiting for hundreds of years for his "little" brother. It will be up to Killian to make his brother understand that he is not "little" anymore, and can make his own choices.

I got a kick out of the title for a spoiler article from Entertainment Weekly (no spoilers):

"'Once Upon a Time' season 15 spoilers: Liam disapproves of Emma for Hook in 'The Brothers Jones', Belle is pregnant"

I'm curious to know the spoilers for season 15.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Amazing how so much can text can tell you nothing. I'm wondering if Hades used to have a lot more power, then someone stepped in and took it from him. That's probably why he's so territorial about his subjects. I've noticed that the only people we've seen in Underbrooke either died in the Enchanted Forest or Storybrooke.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I don't know... it just seems so lame that Zelena had a role in Hades life.  That whiny long-winded low-life pity party doesn't deserve such a prominent role in the mythology.  It's clearly some contrived way to get Zelena to Hell and make her somehow relevant.  

Edited by Camera One

^^

I was merely referring to the apparently scandalous nature of Hades' secret. I agree the writing leaves much to be desired. One would hope Henry has better writing skills than Isaac, but Henry doesn't even go to school anymore. So, I'm not sure his writing style is going to be an improvement.

I never read this thread, because I live in Spoiler world, so if this has already been addressed, forgive me.

If CS ever get married, do you think Regina would let Killian adopt Henry?

I see all of next week's budget went into that scarecrow CGI.

That kind of pisses me off because Scarecrow is my favorite character from the Wizard of Oz movie, and it's so sad to see how pathetic he looks as a CGI thing. Would it really have been more expensive to hire an actor and let the costume department do their magic with a scarecrow outfit?

You know, I'm thinking that they are going to retcon and make Hades Pistachio's father.

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised. It might be the writers' way of backing out of the whole rape issue. And Robin is so dumb that he probably could have believed Zelena if she lied and said they got pregnant after that one time they were in a hot tub together.

If CS ever get married, do you think Regina would let Killian adopt Henry?

I don't see how Regina would have any say in the matter. If Emma and Henry are okay with it, those are really the only opinions that matter.

Edited by Curio

Well Regina is Henry's other mother, and that would give her a say in it.

That said, I don't see it happening. For one thing, Law in Storybrooke is bogus anyway. For another, I think Hook & Henry will be satisfied with a step-dad & step-son relationship.

• Love 1

Well Regina is Henry's other mother, and that would give her a say in it. That said, I don't see it happening. For one thing, Law in Storybrooke is bogus anyway.

Does Regina even have any legal right to Henry? I know she adopted him within the American system. 

Prior to Going Home, Regina had full legal rights to Henry. The missing year is what makes things murky. Some sort of records had to have been magically changed for Emma to be able to enroll Henry in school etc. Saying his birth certificate was burned in the fire at her Boston apartment wouldn't have been enough. The records from his birth have to now say that he was never adopted and his name is Henry Swan, but the show will probably never explain this. 

That said, I do think Regina should get a say in all matters pertaining to who is raising Henry as long as she is on the path of good. If she ever reverts to Evil Queen, Emma should take Henry and run like she was planning to in Season 1. 

• Love 3

I realize I worded my initial post poorly. The point I was trying to make is if Emma, Henry, and Killian all agree and want him to become an adoptive parent to Henry, I don't see how Regina's one vote for "no" would outweigh three "yes" votes. She of course is allowed to have an opinion on the matter, but considering Storybrooke doesn't even have a legal system, how does Regina as the adoptive mother get to override the vote of the biological mother? Is Emma just supposed to roll over and say, "Sorry, babe. But since Regina—the woman who once accidentally killed Henry—doesn't agree, you can't be Henry's adoptive father." What?

That kind of pisses me off because Scarecrow is my favorite character from the Wizard of Oz movie, and it's so sad to see how pathetic he looks as a CGI thing. Would it really have been more expensive to hire an actor and let the costume department do their magic with a scarecrow outfit?

Well if Zelena torches him, maybe it's better he's all CGI. Otherwise, that would be too gruesome.