Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

What is the reasoning behind the Warriors moving? Seems like they have a good thing going with the fanbase right where they are. Are they building a new stadium or something?

The arena is ooooooold.

Yep. Several. It's where we take visitors because the stadium is beautiful.

And all of the Giants players call the Giants fans the best fans in baseball.

(edited)

I thought that tonight's game had an exciting finish. I am glad that we will now get a Game 5. I thought that Cleveland pulled out a very gritty win. Lebron worked very hard as usual but I also thought that Mozgov and Delly played well. Delly really came through for the Cavs at the end. They came very close to losing especially with the costly mistakes that JR Smith made with the fouls, but they ended up pulling out the win. They definitely needed this win. I am looking forward to game three of this series.

Edited by Jx223

Impressive win. I'm sure Curry won't have another off night but it was nice to see the Cavs come out and play after Irving's injury. Some teams would have gotten intimidated and blown out but the Cavs fought.

And may I say as someone who was in high school last time time such styles were in fashion, the Cavs' hair all looks fly.

Except LeBron. Whatever he did to "reinforce" his hairline is losing the battle. He's only a season or two away from a shaved head.

He did the best with what he's got, the sides are pretty dope. Did he stop wearing the headband because he could no longer push it up to his hairline without it sliding off?

What are people predicting for the two games at the Q? I find this series unpredictable at this point.

Without Irving & Love & Andy, the CAVS are done. Might they win another like last night? Sure, if Steve Curry goes down.

But as a CAVS fan, even I would not wish that on any player.

I'm ok with them not winning this year. I didn't expect them to. After all, I am a Cleveland sports fan. ;-D

(edited)

LeBron's stated reason for stopping the headband was so that he could blend in with his teammates, but it became such a big story that he began to have fun with it and wear it (seemingly) randomly.

Hope Cavs can capitalize on the home court advantage. Amazing they are keeping up when two of their three superstars and a very good Anderson are all out. The Cavs team is held together with duct tape and bailing wire right now, and they are taking it to the Warriors. Exciting series!

Edited by Crs97
(edited)

It was an impressive win by Cleveland, but will be tough to win 3 more like that

GS had only scored in the 60s deep into the 4th quarter.  I can't help but think that won't happen again. 

Curry looks awful this series so far.  He needs to start driving more and stop settling on the jumpers.  When he works to drive past his defender he is getting wide open lay ups. 

GS also hurt by thompson getting in foul trouble.  He couldn't miss when Curry was throwing up misses all game.

I know they missed a foul on a Lebron drive late in the game, but the majority of the calls this series are going his way besides that one.  At one point he is trying for a jump shot, gets his defender in the air, steps back and throws his elbow into the defender as he shoots and he gets the foul.  On the missed foul against him, he travelled before that, shouldn't have mattered. 

Finally I would just add  between Curry and Lebron :  two games, three attempts at last second shots to win it, 3 misses.  0-3 by the two best players in the game. 

Its been a closely contested two games, but still seems to be missing something, and I think that sums it up.  0-3 on game winning shots by two superstars. 

Edited by DrSpaceman
(edited)

I honestly couldnt care less about Cleveland or their "long suffering fans" and I especially couldnt care less about Dan Gilbert, but with all that said, if the Cavs manage to win this series I will do nothing but tip my cap to them and especially to Lebron. The man is doing it all.

I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they threw up a stat about players in the playoffs who have lead their teams in points, rebounds and assists. Lebron was #1 with 35 such games. #2 was Larry Bird with 13 and Duncan was 3rd with 11. So Lebron has more games where he's led his team in points, rebounds, and assists than the next two on the list...combined! Basically the point this makes (which has been obvious for the majority of his career) is that Lebron has not had great teams around him. Should he win this series, the Skip Bayless's of the world will be forced to concede his greatness.

I dont think Lebron can keep up the Herculean effort he's putting forth though. He's played like 100 minutes these first two games, and I think when the series goes further the deeper bench for GS will prove to be critical, at least I hope. But like I said, if the Cavs win, more power to them. They definitely will have earned it.

About Lebron's hairline...I think dude just finally got comfortable about it and decided not to try to "hide" it anymore. But everytime I see his commercial....I think its for Kia but there are so many product placements I get confused where his hairline looks great. Dont know if its makup or whatever they did to it, but if he was really concerned about it, with his money and resources, he could get something done.

Edited by FuriousStyles
(edited)

I could careless about his hairline if he can keep performing like this. I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst last night. Judging from a lot of people on ESPN, when Kyrie Irving (sadly) went down with a busted kneecap, the Finals was pretty much over & the Cavs are going get swept. Thankfully, that is not going to happen. Thank you Matt Dellavedova for getting the job done. The Cavs will be dead meat right now without him.

I'm ok with them not winning this year. I didn't expect them to. After all, I am a Cleveland sports fan. ;-D

Well, they got this far so hopefully they can find a way to win 3 more. Despite the injuries, I can't give up on them now. It would definitely help if JR Smith would finally show up. He's been MIA for the first 2 games. 

Edited by Magog

I'm gonna have a heart attack before this series ends.

While I don't want to get my hopes up, when the CAVS go up by 20, I can't help it. But thrn the 'Cleveland Curse' kicks in, and they almost lose it.

But they gotta get 2 guys on Curry in the 4th. Dellavadova can't do it all.

Wow, I'm exhausted! Dellavadova was clearly the MVP of this game. Amazing series!

He is killing it. If the Warriors want to win, they need to put points on the board and stop that beast. JR showed up too. Game 4 is going to be crazy!

I thought tonight was another exciting game in this series. I thought that overall Cleveland played well, especially defensively. Lebron continues to play very well and put up great numbers and Delly is really hustling and getting things done. I am impressed at how  hard Delly has been working to  help keep this the Cavs alive in these finals. He really has been a big difference maker for this team the last two games.

Even though Steph Curry struggled in the beginning of tonight's game, he finally found his rhythm in the fourth quarter and started knocking a lot of shots down. I could see him coming out hot again in Game 4 and making this series even more exciting and competitive. I thought that David Lee was also very helpful tonight for the Warriors and I think that we could definitely see more of him in Game 4. I am looking forward to Game 4.

(edited)

I am worried about the Cavs' stamina; I thought the fourth quarter let-down was simply exhaustion and was amazed they were able to gut out the remaining 90 seconds.

On a funny note, have y'all seen the brouhaha about Rihnna and the Warriors owner? She bought a ticket and he booted his kids down some seats so that he could sit beside her. She is rooting for LeBron. He tells her he's the Warriors owner, she doesn't care and keeps cheering for the Cavs, and he ends up so annoyed he changes seats. Hilarious!

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 1

I am worried about the Cavs' stamina; I thought the fourth quarter let-down was simply exhaustion and was amazed they were able to gut out the remaining 90 seconds.

On a funny note, have y'all seen the brouhaha about Rihnna and the Warriors owner? She bought a ticket and he booted his kids down some seats so that he could sit beside her. She is rooting for LeBron. He tells her he's the Warriors owner, she doesn't care and keeps cheering for the Cavs, and he ends up so annoyed he changes seats. Hilarious!

Seriously? What an ass. I hope those kids are now rooting for the CAVS too.

And yes, I agree with the 4th qtr stamina. That's why I said that Blatt/LeBron need to put 2 ppl on Curry in the 4th. Hopefully Lee stays on the bench again, as well.

Seriously? What an ass. I hope those kids are now rooting for the CAVS too.

He's not too much of an ass. He flew all of his full time employees to Cleveland for the game. 

And, to tell you the truth, Ri Ri probably would have worn me out as well.

• Love 2

Very classy move about his full-time employees; I saw and liked that. I just can't understand why he thought she would want to sit next to him. She had paid a lot for her own ticket, and I doubt she was saying to herself, "Who cares about the game? I just hope to meet an owner!!" I would be pretty annoyed if he had wanted me to change allegiances or tone down my excitement just because he moved me down a couple of seats. Of course, I don't look like her and would have been fully dressed so I think he would have happily left me in the nosebleed section.

• Love 1

I can't bring myself to watch anymore of the Finals. Too stressful. I'm pulling for the Cavs, but after Kyrie went down, I thought there's no way the Cavs could keep the series competitive. But I was wrong, and I hope Dellavadova and others continue to show up.  If the Cavs go up 3-1, maybe I'll watch the rest of the series. Otherwise, I'll just catch the highlights.

I understand, topenga. I work best when we have to DVR the game and start it late. I watch for a little bit while checking my phone. If the Cavs are winning, I stay. If they're losing, I remember an unfinished chore and tell him don't pause for me. I keep checking the score to decide when to rejoin or announce I am too tired to stay up. One day Mr. Crs will figure it out! I got caught last night because we caught up to the live TV by the second half. I left for awhile in the 4th, but ended up going back. It was exciting, but I can't handle much more of this!

I understand, topenga. I work best when we have to DVR the game and start it late. I watch for a little bit while checking my phone. If the Cavs are winning, I stay. If they're losing, I remember an unfinished chore and tell him don't pause for me. I keep checking the score to decide when to rejoin or announce I am too tired to stay up. One day Mr. Crs will figure it out! I got caught last night because we caught up to the live TV by the second half. I left for awhile in the 4th, but ended up going back. It was exciting, but I can't handle much more of this!

This is me to a 't', as well.

Dellavadova had to go to the hospital with exhaustion and dehydration, but he's been released and said he feels okay.

Poor guy. The only thing working against the Cavs is their depth because of all the injuries, so everyone is putting in a ton of minutes. It's only a matter of time before fatigue catches up to them.

(edited)

Nice bounce back game for the Ws. Steph didnt go off like some expected, but obviously the win was more important...and this game was an absolute must win.

The 2 days rest coming up im sure will do the Cavs some good. It was crazy watching their bench with the training staff running around putting cold towels around the players necks and then trying to rub out the cramps from other players. Those guys are really going all out.

Im glad Steve Kerr made his adjustments and that Iguodala showed out.

Im not even going to bother predicting who will win game 5, I just hope its a good game and nobody gets hurt.

Speaking of getting hurt, I found it curious that Lebron got that nasty cut on his head, and then Doris Burke mentions when when she spoke to Lebron (I think during halftime) she says Lebron said he had a headache...but there was absolutely no mention from anyone at any point about even possibly conducting a concussion test.

Edited by FuriousStyles
(edited)

There was a story on SportsCenter this morning about what it's like to be a Cleveland fan, and the guy they interviewed (sorry wasn't paying attention to who) said that the most typical Cleveland way for this series to go is a Game 7 buzzer beater by the Warriors.  As a casual fan of both teams, that would be incredible (and seems possible the way the series is going).  I find this series so much more entertaining than any of the previous 5-ish years.

Edited by AndreaK1041

Apparently ABC got a shot of LeBron's junk when he was adjusting himself tonight.  Deadspin got a clip of it, but I'm not going to link to it  If you really really want to see it, go look for it on deadspin.  :O

(edited)

I was confident, but very nervous at last night's game. Unfortunately, Stephen Curry finally showed up & Iguodala played very well last night and Cavs being 4-27 from 3 point range helped tie up the series a 2-2. I shouldn't be irritated about last night's loss since I picked the Cavs in 7. But some reason, last night just really irritate the hell out of me. I'm still not going to give up on them, but the Cavs definitely should of played better than they did. I'm going to be a nervous wreck till Sunday Night.

Hopefully, the 2 days off will help because they definitely have to win Game 5. I'm certain that LeBron, Dallevadova, & Mosgrov will show up, but now I'm not sure that JR Smith & the rest of them will show up. He certainly hasn't done very much in this series. He has been very disappointing. 

There was a story on SportsCenter this morning about what it's like to be a Cleveland fan, and the guy they interviewed (sorry wasn't paying attention to who) said that the most typical Cleveland way for this series to go is a Game 7 buzzer beater by the Warriors.  As a casual fan of both teams, that would be incredible (and seems possible the way the series is going).  I find this series so much more entertaining than any of the previous 5-ish years.

I'm sure that ESPN is hoping that something like that would happen. They're certainly looking for more ways to torment Cleveland. I know that they're very happy that the Warriors won last night.

Edited by Magog

Actually Curry didn't play all that well - for the MVP.

But I was surprised how well Greene played with his supposed back problems.

You know who DIDN'T play well -LeBron. He was missing shots all over the place.

Curry finally had that big game everyone was expecting him to have. Now all that nonsense about Delly being the Curry stopper can just stop.

I was worried early on when JR hit that second 3 at the very beginning of the game. I was like ohh no, here he comes. But he didnt, not really. Dont know what he finished with but he was pretty much absent in the second half. I cant recall him even being in the game.

The refs have been horrendous this series, on both sides. If they want to "let them play" then do so. But dont have Lebron or Draymond drive to the hole, get wacked and not call anything, but then turn around and call some bs ticky tack foul on a perimeter play. And even with out of bounds plays, they've just been terrible. Its like you're standing right there! Wtf are you looking at?

After this game, regardless of who wins, I'd vote LeBron MVP. He's been great. Talk bout putting a team on your back!

GSis gonna win. I've thought that since the beginning.

Hell, I figured the Bulls would be Easyern Conference Champs because the CAVS wouldn't have jelled so soon.

But get Matthew Dellevadovq on a new contract!

What I love most about Lebron this series is his swag/arrogance whatever you want to call it. I forget the question the reporter asked him last night but Lebron's response was "I'm confident because im the best player in the world". Obviously there's no debate there, but I dont think Lebron would have said that a few years ago when he was actually racking up those mvps...nor do I think the media would have basically shrugged their shoulders and said "yeah, you right". They would have killed him even though its true and its been true for a long time.

I am amazed that the Cavs are playing the best team in the West without two of its biggest stars and keeping the games as competitive as they are. Hope this stops the "weak east" nonsense. If not, then the Warriors should be embarrassed that they aren't running away against essentially a seven-member team of mostly back-ups.

• Love 1

So, I guess Jordan is claiming that he could beat any of his Hornets one on one.

Isn't that a self condemnation of his efforts as an owner/manager? That after all of these years he still hasn't been able to acquire a talent that could beat a (admittedly great) fifty something guy?

• Love 1

I am amazed that the Cavs are playing the best team in the West without two of its biggest stars and keeping the games as competitive as they are. Hope this stops the "weak east" nonsense. If not, then the Warriors should be embarrassed that they aren't running away against essentially a seven-member team of mostly back-ups.

Its two teams representing the stylistic differences of the conferences. East plays a whole lot more defense than the west.

I don't really care if Lebron loses and gets the MVP. I just want Golden State to win. I doubt the Golden STate players care either who wins the MVP as long as they win the series. Lebron is averaging nearly a triple double this series.

Curry finally had that big game everyone was expecting him to have. Now all that nonsense about Delly being the Curry stopper can just stop.

I was worried early on when JR hit that second 3 at the very beginning of the game. I was like ohh no, here he comes. But he didnt, not really. Dont know what he finished with but he was pretty much absent in the second half. I cant recall him even being in the game.

The refs have been horrendous this series, on both sides. If they want to "let them play" then do so. But dont have Lebron or Draymond drive to the hole, get wacked and not call anything, but then turn around and call some bs ticky tack foul on a perimeter play. And even with out of bounds plays, they've just been terrible. Its like you're standing right there! Wtf are you looking at?

The refs have been horrible in my opinon and the announcers have been worse, in regard to the calls made. Sometimes I don't know if they are watching the same game.

As a Knicks fan who has to deal with Mike Breen on most of the team's broadcasts, ive learned to tune him out. Van Gundy and Jackson are there purely for entertainment, which they seem to prioritize over actual analysis of the game. Not saying thats a good or bad thing, it just is.

I am hoping the Warriors treat this like its game 7 and come out guns blazing. Please put Lebron out of his misery and end this tonight.

I wouldnt exactly cry "outrage!" if Lebron won MVP even if the Cavs lose, but I would like it if the mvp actually went to someone on the winning team.

(edited)

Why do I have a bad feeling that the Cavs are going to lose tonight despite LeBron's giving it his all tonight? A lot of people on ESPN today were picking the Cavs to win tonight & I hope that it somehow happens. This is starting to remind me of his first-go around with the Cavs. I just hope that the other Cavs (especially that JR Smith) would show up for a whole game in this series for a change.

He got 14 points in the 1st half. He did absolutely nothing (as usual in this series) in the 2nd half.

Edited by Magog
(edited)

Congrats to the Warriors. After 40 years if mostly crappiness, their fans deserve this.

The Cavs really impressed me with their scrappiness. They made this series competitive, even if on paper they should have gotten blown out. All those injuries and still went head to head with the best in the league. Lebron really is a beast and hopefully brings a title to Cleveland if the team stays healthy.

Edited by twoods
(edited)

Congrats to the Ws and their fans. Highly deserved win for the team. Congrats also to Andre for Finals MVP. That must be extra whip cream on the sundae for sacrificing his starting spot all year.

I thought Andre winning it was appropriate. Him being inserted into the starting lineup was by all accounts the pivotal adjustment of the series. He came through on both ends of the floor....but my God he was awful at the free throw line. But anyway, for me, Curry needed to have another 35-ish point game to win finals mvp. He was just too inconsistent in those first couple of games to automatically give it to him.

I do feel bad for Lebron though. It makes me think what could have happened if he had either Kyrie or Kevin, let alone both. Its like he's been blessed with so much talent, physical abilities and health, yet cursed when it comes to teammates.

Edited by FuriousStyles