Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I'm beginning to think that they will just skip the trial altogether and there will be a time jump, per usual and we will hear all about it when the show returns.  I haven't really seen much about the trial itself, other than Jo saying she has to testify.  There haven't been any court scenes in the promos and as far as I'm aware, no BTS court stuff.  I really wanted to see Alex's defense and his real time reaction to the verdict, as well as Jo and DeLuca's testimony, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.  It doesn't really makes sense for the show to return with the trial, that seems much more of a cliffhanger-y thing, but a lot about the show doesn't make sense to me these days so it won't surprise me.

13x09 takes place the day before the trial rather than actually during the trial, so I think we're definitely in for another time-jump. I'd be thrilled if 13x10 is the trial, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but more than likely we'll see a number of cliffhangers in the winter finale and then pick up a month or two later when the show comes back in January. I expect them to skip over the trial, the Maggie / Meredith fallout, fallout from Jo telling Alex the truth, and potentially the first bits of dating / flirtation between Arizona and Minnick. 

Edited by BaseOps

From Entertainment Weekly:

When a building collapses in Seattle, Grey Sloan gets flooded with patients for an emotional hour that requires all hands on deck. “It’s a pretty big one for our midseason finale,” Kevin McKidd tells EW. “It brings in a lot of trauma to the hospital, so Owen is very busy.”

But there’s one person conspicuously MIA. In the wake of Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) telling Owen that she doesn’t want to have a baby, the duo have been on the outs. “In the middle of it all, he’s dealing with this missing-in-action situation where he can’t find Amelia,” McKidd says. “It’s pretty dramatic.” Still, viewers will get a pretty definitive answer on what’s next for the couple by episode’s end.

“It’s a wonderful episode,” McKidd adds. “It’s a good, solid midseason finale. It’s one of our finer moments.”

3 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

But there’s one person conspicuously MIA. In the wake of Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) telling Owen that she doesn’t want to have a baby, the duo have been on the outs. “In the middle of it all, he’s dealing with this missing-in-action situation where he can’t find Amelia,” McKidd says. “It’s pretty dramatic.” Still, viewers will get a pretty definitive answer on what’s next for the couple by episode’s end.

Divorce? *fingers crossed*

• Love 2

It's funny how the biggest story going into this season and the mid season finale is the Jolex drama, and yet Kevin McKidd is the one doing all of the press for Owen and Amelia's no baby issue.  But I guess the biggest cliffhanger will end up being the Jolex drama and trial, as I suspect the mid season premiere will be Alex's trial. 

Other than Catherine and Bailey, who have already made their allegiance, it's sad to think that any of the others would take Dr. Minnick's side over Richard. It bothers me when new characters are brought in and then they make the beloved characters look bad for the sake of some random story. I'd take Richard any day. 

• Love 6

Prediction: Alex goes to prison. Prison has a riot. Alex does something heroic. Alex gets paroled. Parole comes with serious probation, with restrictions on his movement. He'll be Doctor Anklet all next season.

So I have seen some speculation on Twitter about Alex actually going to jail.  Apparently, there were some extras filming prison scenes or something like that. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find links to these extras or any real proof, so take it with a grain of salt.  But I'm not convinced that Alex won't go to jail, even if its only for a couple of episodes.  There have been some behind the scenes photos and some hints here and there for other characters, but nothing about Alex. If it does end up being true, I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I would like to see a trial, mainly because I want to know exactly how Alex sees his actions, if he truly was trying to defend Jo or if it was just him losing it out of jealousy.  I believe it was a mixture of both, but would like to see his perspective.  I would also like to see Jo testify on his behalf.  Not about beating DeLuca, because clearly he did, but on the type of person Alex can be.  I don't think we have gotten much from her beyond how it affects her due to her husband, etc.  I would like to get her perspective on many things at this point, and the idea of Alex now going to prison for however many episodes plus a few more stand-alone "gimmicky" episodes make that seem less and less likely.

But if Alex does go to prison, no matter for how long, what will that do to his career? Not that Grey's deals in realism anymore, but you'd think it would ultimately affect his professional life in a substantial way. 

Edited by funnygirl

It´s really weird they dropped Nathan and Meredith. Nothing more, not even a kiss between them, just stupid verbal convos, him pushing on her and her pushing him away, not something which would lead to a potential relationship storyline for them, not even a sign.

Where is the bromance between Riggs and Alex the actor Martin Henderson was talking about quite a long time ago? Did he dream about it or what script did he read???

Most likely they introduced  Megan to test the audience reaction to the actress whivh I think has been very positive, just to bring her maybe back in the  second half as Megan who is alive and suddenly appears in the hospital.

The scenes between Meredith and Alex have been heavily featured, I believe they are going with them as a possible couple, the only point against them is the What if shenanigan in S8 where they were shown as a horrribly wrong mismatched couple.

Edited by Nobodysfan
52 minutes ago, Nobodysfan said:

It´s really weird they dropped Nathan and Meredith. Nothing more, not even a kiss between them, just stupid verbal convos, him pushing on her and her pushing him away, not something which would lead to a potential relationship storyline for them, not even a sign.

Where is the bromance between Riggs and Alex the actor Martin Henderosn was talking about quite a long time ago? Did he dream about it or what script did he read???

Most likely they introduced  Megan to test the audience reaction to the actress whivh I think has been very positive, just to bring her maybe back in the  second half as Megan who is alive and suddely appears in the hospital.

The scenes between Meredith and Alex have been heavily featured, I believe they are going with them as a possible couple, the only point against them is the What if shenanigan in S8 where they were shown as a horrribly wrong mismatched couple.

I think we saw the seeds of the Riggs/Hunt bromance in the last episode.  I think the two characters were coming from a place of so much distrust (at least on Owen's side) that the show will have to work up to an actual amiable relationship between the two.  Although, McDreamy and McSteamy miraculously got over their animosity to start (re-start) their bromance, so who knows.

I don't think the show is heading in the direction of a Meredith/Alex relationship, but I don't think you can use the What If episode as a reason for them NOT to do it.  The Meredith and Alex (and pretty much every other character, except maybe Jackson) in that episode were not the same characters in the reality of the show. (For the record, I hope they do NOT go in that direction...)

As for a Meredith/Riggs relationship...I don't think they've "just dropped it."  Meredith asked him to lay off and he (eventually) did.  I don't know if this means the end of the relationship, although I hope that it does, but I think there is just too many other things going on in the show at the moment to give much airtime to this will they/won't they story line.

• Love 1

Yes, we saw Riggs/Hunt bromance, sort of, because bonding over cheating on the woman you are supposedly in love with is sort of sick in my opinion, but it is Shondaland, so it is ok.

But Henderson did say publicly in an interview, we will see ALEX - Nathan bromance ...... plus he explicitly said  this Alex/Riggs bromance will complicate things with Maggie ???????? I keep looking for the article online,but I can´t find it, it was some sort of scoop published in October.

I would think he would not lie publicly, the question is why they changed it to HUNT bromance.

But, interestingly enough, who is Derek and who is Steamy in the duo Hunt and Riggs? 

Edited by Nobodysfan

Lots of chatter about ABC showing interest in a potential Grey's spinoff - this is a pretty common rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised. I keep seeing speculation about an Alex spinoff, though I don't think Shonda would move him away from Meredith unless the series was over. At this point I can't see many characters carrying a show - maybe April & Jackson? 

28 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Lots of chatter about ABC showing interest in a potential Grey's spinoff - this is a pretty common rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised. I keep seeing speculation about an Alex spinoff, though I don't think Shonda would move him away from Meredith unless the series was over. At this point I can't see many characters carrying a show - maybe April & Jackson? 

Well, it has been successfully done before.  I do agree, though, that I can't see a current character or characters for whom that would work. 

A Grey's spinoff? That's interesting... That might mean that Ellen is finally ready to call it a day, because the show isn't "Grey's Anatomy" without her. 

As long as it's not a spinoff with the current residents at the helm (Jo, Stephanie, Ben, Andrew, and Leah - who shouldn't even be back anyway), then I don't know that I'd hate the idea. 

Edited by funnygirl
12 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

I think an Avery spinoff makes the most sense.  You have enough solid characters already developed and a bit of backstory (backstories) already developed, yet there are still gaps where information can be creatively filled in.  

My guess...and this is really based on nothing more than chatter on these boards...is it might be something like Jesse Williams doesn't renew his contract and they need something to do with Sarah Drew (the way they've written April and the way she's evolved, she doesn't exist well without Avery in the GA environment.  At least that's my feeling).  OR, they want to keep Jesse Williams and, to do so, offer him a lead or co-lead in a different show.

As I said, they did pull this off once before....but I don't know if this is a case of lightning never striking twice.

Also, I've only heard these rumblings of a spin off here.  Has it been mentioned anywhere else?

I'd find it utterly bizarre. Wasn't Addison a hugely popular character in her time? Wasn't there even talk about her overshadowing Meredith? A spin-off with her character taking the central role made sense. Jackson has like 5% of such appeal and interest. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Joana said:

I'd find it utterly bizarre. Wasn't Addison a hugely popular character in her time? Wasn't there even talk about her overshadowing Meredith? A spin-off with her character taking the central role made sense. Jackson has like 5% of such appeal and interest. 

I can't compare the popularity of the two. I remember Addison being popular and I think quite a few people consider themselves Jackson fans.  What I do think is different is the situation.  Addison, as a character, was in a tricky position--working with both her kind of, sort of ex-husband, on-again/off-again ex-lover, AND ex-ish husband's new girlfriend.  That right there could have easily taken over the show (and away from Meredith).  Addison was a strong enough character to carry her own weight and it made sense for her to go out on her own.  If they had kept her in Seattle for too long, the show would have become about her, if only because of her various entanglements.  Jackson, on the other hand, doesn't have that.  He has his "thing", whatever it is, with April and his mom is Catherine.  Both of those elements can be pushed to the forefront or the background as needed.

I wasn't really thinking about a show that focused on Jackson, just that there is enough story developed and various character relationships developed for a spin-off.  Although, now that I think about it, most spin-offs feature one character and a whole new set of other characters.  

On 12/16/2016 at 0:45 PM, BaseOps said:

The pairing of Arizona / Bailey / Jo is interesting. I'm excited to see how that storyline plays out. 

I do wonder if their intent is to throw Arizona into the middle of Alex and Jo since her being thrown in between Alex and DeLuca was smoothed over so quickly.

Or it's just to have them interact more since Jessica seems to be Camilla's bestie. Plus, Chandra saying she wanted more Arizona/Bailey interaction because she liked that so much when Jessica first came on the show. Killing all the birds with one stone. 

Ahead of Grey’s Anatomy‘s return on Thursday, Jan. 19, I put in a request to speak to series creator Shonda Rhimes about the second half of the ABC drama’s 13th season. She was unable to hop on the phone with me due to her busy schedule, but she agreed to answer a handful of questions via email. What follows are her unedited answers.

TVLINE | Nathan and Meredith: How will their relationship – or lack thereof – evolve during the second half of the season?
SHONDA RHIMES | Meredith’s journey is always interesting and complex. There are so many aspects to her as woman, a surgeon, a sister and a mother.

TVLINE | As close as Meredith and Alex are, and as romantically lost as they are, why haven’t they considered possibly becoming more than friends by now?
That’s like asking me why haven’t I had a certain kind of cheese. The answer is, ‘Because I haven’t had that kind of cheese.’

TVLINE | Are you interested in finding a way to bring Callie back into the fold this season, even if just for an episode or two? Have you had discussions with Sara?
I love Sara Ramirez and I love Callie Torres.

TVLINE | How will the dynamic between Arizona and Eliza (Marika Dominczyk) differ from the one between Arizona and Callie?
I don’t look at it in terms of dynamics and I can’t possibly compare Arizona and Callie’s marriage with what is currently barely a flirtation. The fun comes with waiting to see what unfolds.

TVLINE | If DeLuca were to drop the charges against Alex, what would be his motivation — DeLuca’s feelings for Jo (and what are those, anyway?), his sense of Alex’s actual remorse?
[Rhimes declined to answer]

TVLINE | How have DeLuca’s feelings toward Jo been developing over the course of this season, and how do you foresee them developing?
I think we’ve all had a chance to watch what’s happened between Jo and Andrew. I am not sure that it’s mature to put a name on what’s going on at the moment. 

TVLINE | How will co-parenting impact Jackson and April’s separation? And what’s the possibility of Harriet bringing them together again as an actual couple?
This isn’t a new issue so we’ve already seen any and all issues that this might entail. It’s such a positive thing to watch our characters behave as fully formed adults who know how to co-parent. What’s great is that parenting has nothing to do with their storyline this season — it gets much more interesting than you’d imagine…

TVLINE | If Megan (Bridget Reagan) were to turn out to be alive, where could you imagine her fitting into the world of Grey’s, professionally and romantically?
I don’t even know how to answer this question as it confuses me deeply.

TVLINE | Will there be a wedding before the season is up?
Weddings do not define my characters. I thought we all learned that when Meredith nailed a Post-It note to her wall.

50 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

So... why did Shonda bother answering these? A lot of those responses came across as quite rude to me, and she literally didn't even hint at any potential storylines or episodes. 

Yes.  I agree.  That was a waste of time for the interviewer, the interviewee, and the readers.  :(

It's like a big fat BAH-HUMBUG!

• Love 5

I think Shonda doesn't even know what's going on anymore.

Okay, obviously she does, but for years she's treated Grey's like the bastard child. I guess that's what happens when it surpasses the time frame and stories/endings she had originally planned for the show and characters. Now it's a free for all. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I think Shonda doesn't even know what's going on anymore.

Okay, obviously she does, but for years she's treated Grey's like the bastard child. I guess that's what happens when it surpasses the time frame and stories/endings she had originally planned for the show and characters. Now it's a free for all. 

It's clear that she's only investing the bare minimum effort at this point and the only reason GA is still on air is that is miraculously manages to get very good rating at the time most shows are struggling a lot.

Seriously, what's the point of giving out "answers" like this? 

• Love 3

Shonda comes off very rude, just out of basic politeness to the journalist who took some effort to put those questions together and out of respect to the loyal viewers of 13 seasons she could have put her arrogant attitude aside.

I dislike how sarcastic she is. This is just awful.

I still haven´t watched the winter finale and have no plans to do so, only some scenes on youtube, maybe 3 or 4.  I am slowly drifting away and interviews likes these do help me NOT to care.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Yeah that interview was something else.  I follow a lot of tv critics on Twitter and beyond the "spoiler" type of coverage from outlets like Ausiello, Cosmo and maybe Matt from TV Guide or wherever, Grey's is pretty much completely ignored. So it seems to me that Shonda wouldn't be so rude to the few that bother asking about it.  If she wants better and more in-depth questions that might bring a different type of interview, then maybe she should write better and more in-depth stories.  

As far as a spin-off, Jackson and April make sense only in that they don't have a huge connection to many other characters, and those who don't have Meredith in the middle of their orbit don't seem to get as much storyline or screentime.  But it also wouldn't surprise me if they try to do something with Stephanie since the pilot for Jerrika fell through.  But mostly, I don't think that a spinoff is in the works.  Shonda has a bunch of other things going on.

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't really think a spin off is in the works either and I think that most of the actors would probably enjoy playing different parts once the show runs its' course.

ETA:  when I was thinking about  an Avery show earlier, I was thinking about what story is developed enough that there is a story to be told.  With the Avery's I feel that a storyline could be written around the foundation and there are enough social connections written in that anyone (from Grey's) who wanted to stay on could be recruited for the foundation and/or could make guest appearances.  

So many characters have such a weak and barely there backstory.  Some backstories were invented by the actors themselves i.e. Stephanie and her sickle cell story which the actress borrowed from a family member (cousin, I think).

Edited by Scatterbrained

Just for fun, here are MY interpretations to Shonda's answers to the questions above:

Nathan and Meredith: Probably not going to happen

Meredith and Alex:  maybe they will, maybe they won't.  We are still hashing that out in the writer's room.

Callie: NOPE! (But not for Katherine Heigl reasons!)

Arizona and Eliza: We wanted it to happen, and promised it would happen, but the chemistry is not there and the audience isn't buying it.  We don't want another Penny situation, but we are still gonna try to make it happen and hope the audience gets on board.  COME ON, Audience!!!

If DeLuca were to drop the charges against Alex, what would be his motivation — DeLuca’s feelings for Jo (and what are those, anyway?), his sense of Alex’s actual remorse?:  DAMMIT!  Who leaked this info?!?!?

DeLuca and Jo:  Meh, it was mostly just filler anyway, and now the the actress is pregnant IRL.  We're gonna have to put a hold on that.  We may revisit it in the future, or we may not.

Jackson and April and Harriet:  There will be more Japril and less baby in the storylines going forward.

Megan:  We haven't really figured out any of the details yet.  We're not even sure if she should be alive or dead.

Wedding:  there MIGHT be one but I don't want to spoil anything and we might still be debating that one in the writer's room as well.

• Love 2
On 12/20/2016 at 10:31 PM, flickers said:

Shonda never gives scoops to TVLand and by the looks of this, she barely gives interview either.

I'll be unpopular and say...I don't blame her? Seriously, Grey's is one of the top-rated shows on TV, and yet, most coverage is focused on streaming (most/all of which has no ratings, so there's no way to know how popular it is) and obscure cable shows. If I saw one more effing article about the Gilmore Girls revival like it was going to reinvent the television series, when it was only a modest hit on the WB that got 5 million viewers in its heyday...I can see why Shonda was dismissive.

Other than the new shows, like This is Us, broadcast TV has become the proverbial red-headed stepchild of the TV press. Grey's has an incredibly good story -- they are maintaining their ratings (above a 2.0 is almost unheard of), as a 13 year-old show, proving that a show does not need a male lead to thrive. But it's a story that's sort of been ignored in favor of other coverage.

Also: to be contacted prior to Christmas -- when the site is doing their "Best of" features, and readership traditionally drops -- is pretty insulting, if you're pretty much carrying the entire ABC schedule on the back of your show.

So, I don't blame her for giving them the middle finger. Contact her during a sweep month, or at a point when the site has more readers. Or the week before Scandal starts up again, so she's anxious to talk up #TGIT. This felt like a filler interview, an obligatory "oh yeah, I guess this show's popular" contact. As far as I'm concerned, she treated it with all the respect with which they treated her.

• Love 1

I think the reason GA doesn't get much attention is that there's just not that much to write about. It's a really, really bad show at this point. I guess the only angle to come up with would be "How in the world does something that old and that awful still manage to pull in that many viewers?", and obviously they can't approach Shonda with that. Although, it would be kinda hilarious. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'll be unpopular and say...I don't blame her? Seriously, Grey's is one of the top-rated shows on TV, and yet, most coverage is focused on streaming (most/all of which has no ratings, so there's no way to know how popular it is) and obscure cable shows. If I saw one more effing article about the Gilmore Girls revival like it was going to reinvent the television series, when it was only a modest hit on the WB that got 5 million viewers in its heyday...I can see why Shonda was dismissive.

Other than the new shows, like This is Us, broadcast TV has become the proverbial red-headed stepchild of the TV press. Grey's has an incredibly good story -- they are maintaining their ratings (above a 2.0 is almost unheard of), as a 13 year-old show, proving that a show does not need a male lead to thrive. But it's a story that's sort of been ignored in favor of other coverage.

Also: to be contacted prior to Christmas -- when the site is doing their "Best of" features, and readership traditionally drops -- is pretty insulting, if you're pretty much carrying the entire ABC schedule on the back of your show.

So, I don't blame her for giving them the middle finger. Contact her during a sweep month, or at a point when the site has more readers. Or the week before Scandal starts up again, so she's anxious to talk up #TGIT. This felt like a filler interview, an obligatory "oh yeah, I guess this show's popular" contact. As far as I'm concerned, she treated it with all the respect with which they treated her.

That makes no sense. Grey's still gets massive coverage from outlets like EW, TVLine, and TVGuide - if they don't, it's because Shonda has been giving responses like this for quite a while now. I respect her a great deal and I think she has the right to do whatever press she wants, but for the last few years she's given off this 'my shit don't stink' attitude which is quite sad. Her strong-arming ABC into dropping #TGIT while Scandal was away was a real indicator of this. It especially sucks because aside from Grey's, her other shows are really struggling - The Catch was a total bomb, HTGAWM has no more than a season left in it, Scandal has been sharply declining, and ABC just cut her 'Still Star-Crossed' down to only 7 episodes - if anything, she's in need of some goodwill from these publications. 

I don't think the shows you call obscure are all that obscure - people are just consuming them in different ways. Grey's is a 13-year-old show, it isn't going to be getting the focus it did when it was new and hot. Not to mention, the quality just isn't there. It honestly wouldn't make most critics lists of the top 100 airs showing right now. Still, TVLine always writes about it (including weekly recaps). Of course Gilmore Girls got a ton of coverage, it was the return of a beloved show (by both critics and audiences). Every reunion / reboot gets massive coverage. I fail to see how that has anything to do with Grey's Anatomy or how Shonda responded. I also don't see what the end of the year has to do with it - I work for the press, particularly a television website, and we have more TV agents reaching out to us around this time to speak to their clients than almost any other time of year aside from August / September. 

Her giving those answers was downright rude and obnoxious. She should have just not answered; instead, she wasted Michael's time and her fans' time. 

• Love 8

When I read that interview, hilariously I was immediately brought to mind of the maddening Mad Men previews of the next week's show.  This was like the interview version of those previews.

But really I have to wonder, outside of the weird "cheese" response to the Mer/Alex question what was so objectionable with how she answered those questions?  Most of them sound like she is not trying to give anything away.  I mean "is there going to be a wedding?'  If she said no.  And there is, then people will drag her later for lying.  if she said "yes" then she will have given away a plot point she may not have wanted to.  If she declined to answer it practically screams "yes" or people will get frustrated at another "declined" to answer  response. 

I thought given that he prefaced it with she was super busy and answered by email it was a quick squeeze in type of thing.  I follow her on twitter and she's been completely twitter silent since about the 16th of this month.  So either she though she was doing him a solid and answering a handful of questions on her phone via email or she coulda just iced him completely.

But some of the questions are just stupid.  Come on, the guy is supposed to be a tv industry professional and with a handful of questions he comes up with a Callie question? Hadn't that been covered extensively?  Even by his own site?  Why even ask that? Sara hasn't even been off the show a whole season yet.

I dunno, maybe it is my own bias because I am finding it harder to take that site seriously anymore.  Frankly I think the site has devolved into more of a vanity fan site than a real industry information site.  The Gilmore Girls coverage on that site went beyond  reasonable coverage and straight into fangirl tumblr.

• Love 4

This probably goes in the media thread but, Ellen P and her husband had another baby (I assume via surrogate like her second daughter).  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/ellen-pompeo-welcomes-third-child-with-husband-chris-ivery-w458280

I think this is probably the reason for all the out of order filming, so that Ellen could have a small maternity leave and a lighter schedule in the fall.  There isn't a whole lot of info about the baby yet, but it looks around 2 months old?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Greysaddict said:

This probably goes in the media thread but, Ellen P and her husband had another baby (I assume via surrogate like her second daughter).  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/ellen-pompeo-welcomes-third-child-with-husband-chris-ivery-w458280

I think this is probably the reason for all the out of order filming, so that Ellen could have a small maternity leave and a lighter schedule in the fall.  There isn't a whole lot of info about the baby yet, but it looks around 2 months old?  

I think it might have been one of the reasons.  They also had to work around Caterina Scorone's pregnancy and maternity leave and well as a bit of Jessica Capshaw's...oh, and now Camilla Luddington's.  Personally, I think it is a credit to this show that it is so willing to work with family schedules.

• Love 3

It would have been nice to see her adopt a baby and with all the money she earned from Greys to provide an orphan or an abandoned child a better life not to pay I assume millions of dollars  to a surrogate yet again. JMHO 

On the other hand, it is her money, she can do whatever she wishes with it.

I assume the baby was not adopted. I have this huge respect for A. Jolie, but not everyone can do what she did.

It seems baby boom in Greys, like the actresses are competing who will have a baby next.

Edited by Nobodysfan

“You Can Look (But You’d Better Not Touch)” –  Bailey, Arizona and Jo go to a maximum security women’s prison to treat a violent, 16-year-old pregnant girl and her unborn baby, on the midseason premiere of “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, JANUARY 19.

Guest starring is Jasmin Savoy Brown as Amanda, Klea Scott as Dr. Eldredge and Anna Jacoby-Heron as Kristen. “You Can Look (But You’d Better Not Touch)” was written by Tia Napolitano and directed by Jann Turner.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

“You Can Look (But You’d Better Not Touch)” –  Bailey, Arizona and Jo go to a maximum security women’s prison to treat a violent, 16-year-old pregnant girl and her unborn baby, on the midseason premiere of “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, JANUARY 19.

Guest starring is Jasmin Savoy Brown as Amanda, Klea Scott as Dr. Eldredge and Anna Jacoby-Heron as Kristen. “You Can Look (But You’d Better Not Touch)” was written by Tia Napolitano and directed by Jann Turner.

I'm surprised we haven't seen something like this before on Grey's, sounds like a decent episode to me.

Since this was filmed as episode 13.13, I'm guessing it's a standalone and we won't pick up on the cliffhangers with Alex, Webber etc until the following week.

I'm surprised they didn't pick up from hiatus with a more Mer-prominent episode.

3 minutes ago, flickers said:

Since this was filmed as episode 13.13, I'm guessing it's a standalone and we won't pick up on the cliffhangers with Alex, Webber etc until the following week.

I'm surprised they didn't pick up from hiatus with a more Mer-prominent episode.

Did they change the order of the episodes?  I mean, was this supposed to be #13 and now its #12?

I understand that shows sometimes have to film scenes or entire episodes out of order at times, but it seems like Grey's did it so much this season (I'm guessing to work around family leaves....which is a very valid reason), that I would guess it would be hard on the actors....

I'm actually looking forward to this episode and may even watch the whole thing! Not even meaning to sound snarky, I've just been so beyond disappointed with this show, and  this episOde is the first Thing to intrigue me In terms of characters and patient story 

This episode does seem interesting, and I am all for an out of the ordinary character combination.  I just hope that it isn't the only thing going on this episode. Continuity and consistency are the absolute biggest problems of the show in the last couple of seasons, so I am really not interested in any kind of time jump or further dragging out of Alex's jail stuff, the Chief vs. Whatshername or any of the other cliffhangers/stagnant storylines.  It seems like this is the case that Jo was referring to at the end of the fall finale, so I hope that they pick up where they left off and we get some actual answers in this episode.  I thought that coming back to an out of nowhere Meredith episode after last season's cliffhanger-y finale was complete bullshit and really ruined a lot of the storylines going forward.  I really don't want that to happen again.

• Love 4