Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Apparently not - and the writers could try and make it seem as organic as possible but there's no way I'd buy this as anything more then a step closer to accommodating the Mer/Alex romance the writers seem to be caving towards. If they have Jo move on with DeLuca it'll fit the poor Alex theme they have going this season and Meredith can continue to be his only support **eyeroll**

I haven't seen any evidence at all this season of a Meredith / Alex romance. I think it's pretty clear that the writers are pushing her and Riggs together; it's basically dominating the story-telling. Ellen Pompeo said herself last year that she didn't think they'd ever go there. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Luckily, it doesn't sound like a definite thing...so there is hope.  But ,yeah...a Jo/Alex/DeLuca (Andrew!) triangle is even less appealing to me than the other love triangle they have going (which I also don't like).

Gianniotti does sound like an awesome guy, though....

Call me his fan. My forum name does not fit.

I like Joluca friendship.

I already liked their brief scenes last season, haha, when Jo was almost run over by that enormous woman, he helped her stand up, he was so so caring with her, I could not stand him with Maggie most of the time, but I love Andrew with Jo.

I hope we will get some substance in Joluca friendship, I do not need to see anything  romantic although I think they do have awesome chemistry, but just really nice scenes of them talking and laughing with each other.

I keep thinking of those sandwiches he was holding, was he originally going to eat them both??? Maybe?

It shows he was able to share one with her, he is a giver.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 2

agree that its coming...the thing is, this was episode 5 (!!) so like when are they going to start addressing it.  I gave them a pass on episode 1, episode 2, then episode 3 but now I'm just getting angry.  This is mostly rhetorical.  I'm sure you are right and there will be some big random blow-up in the mid-season finale leaving us with another cliffhanger that will be dropped when they resume, again.  yay.  Sorry I am not directing this to you I am just annoyed by this entire storyline.  

My guess is that Alex's case will go to trial and that will come up toward the end of the first "half" of this season and Jo and DeLuca are going to be called to testify. Which will put Jo in an awkward place because she and DeLuca are going to become closer but I'm sure (at least I hope) that she is going to be torn about testifying against Alex. Even though it is in no way realistic, the secret husband thing will most likely come out during the trial, either from Jo herself or DeLuca.  Now, the reason that Alex and Jo were fighting has nothing to do with the assault, BUT this is Grey's and so it will some how come out.  Maybe DeLuca's lawyers will imply that Alex was violent toward Jo and that is why they fought/she said no to the proposal or maybe Jo's former name/identity will come up.  

What really sucks is that I guarantee that THIS will be where they leave it and then we have to wait 2-3 months for the show to come back and then and only then will this seasons long storyline really get started.  Sigh.  I was pretty sure before that the husband would show up, but I'm not convinced now considering how little of Jo's perspective we have gotten so far.  Sadly, I don't know that they are going to give her past all that much attention.

• Love 1

I agree, I posted that idea half jokingly in Jo's thread a couple of weeks back.  Jo being the one on the stand may be more dramatic but I think it will be DeLuca.  I know there's no realism on GA but how much would Alex's lawyer need to suck to not be able to discredit the testimony of someone who was drunk to the point of practically passing out? I'll add DeLuca's lawyer too because they wouldn't need such an unreliable witness. They have DeLuca, Alex's turning himself in and all the doctors (including Meredith who Alex talked to about what happened).  Personally I'd find Jo sweating it out in the court room as DeLuca is question more dramatic than she herself being on the stand because its less predictable. Also, since they seem more interested in telling the story through the Alex/Meredith friendship I would not be shocked if it was Meredith magically finds out about Jo's husband minutes before she testifies then spills it while testifying.  

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they totally skip Jo's POV.  They'll probably give returning Leah a big storyline while Jo mopes around the hospital because all the attendings still ignore her (without explanation).

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, windsprints said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they totally skip Jo's POV.  They'll probably give returning Leah a big storyline while Jo mopes around the hospital because all the attendings still ignore her (without explanation).

Exactly - I've gotta wonder what Camilla Luddington did to piss off the writers of this show. The writing for her character is atrocious. The pairing with DeLuca is the best thing they've done for her since Alex became Merediths lapdog and I'd say even that development is being done for DeLucas development moreso then Jo. 

• Love 1

I don't think they hate Camilla. If they did Jo would have been gone seasons ago. I think the decision to have Alex be Meredith's person to the extreme because both Sandra and Patrick departed left Jo out in the cold.  Alex doesn't get enough screen time to be Meredith's lapdog, a gal pal to the sisters, a competent surgeon and have his own relationship storyline.  Jo goes to the wayside 2 seasons ago & Alex now works in the clinic leaving Alex to move back in just as Amelia moves out. Maybe something will shift if Meredith ever gets into a true relationship with Nathan but until then I think Jo will just be there treading water. The past 2 seasons is why I have this opinion - the vast majority of Alex's screen time was spent as a sister.  Sandra leaving left him stuck as the person but Patrick leaving stuck Alex as the lapdog.  If Derek were alive Meredith would be ignoring Alex much of the time as she often did.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I agree, I posted that idea half jokingly in Jo's thread a couple of weeks back.  Jo being the one on the stand may be more dramatic but I think it will be DeLuca.  I know there's no realism on GA but how much would Alex's lawyer need to suck to not be able to discredit the testimony of someone who was drunk to the point of practically passing out? I'll add DeLuca's lawyer too because they wouldn't need such an unreliable witness. They have DeLuca, Alex's turning himself in and all the doctors (including Meredith who Alex talked to about what happened).  Personally I'd find Jo sweating it out in the court room as DeLuca is question more dramatic than she herself being on the stand because its less predictable. Also, since they seem more interested in telling the story through the Alex/Meredith friendship I would not be shocked if it was Meredith magically finds out about Jo's husband minutes before she testifies then spills it while testifying.  

If DeLuca testifies it will only up the angst because Jo's new friend will betray her. Blah. I guess the only reason for Jo to take the stand would be if DeLuca's lawyers want to portray Alex as someone with severe violent tendencies and imply that Jo was afraid of him.  I'm just not sure how else the husband stuff would come up.  Again, unless somehow the fact that Jo changed her name comes up.  Unfortunately, I also think that this situation has the capacity to make Jo once again be the bad guy.  Alex is totally in the wrong of course and the assault is his fault, but Jo is going to have to somehow staddle the line between supporting justice for DeLuca, but also being concerned for Alex and his future.  They haven't shown much of it, but I imagine that she is still in love with him and they were together for years.

• Love 1

If DeLuca testifies it will only up the angst because Jo's new friend will betray her. Blah. I guess the only reason for Jo to take the stand would be if DeLuca's lawyers want to portray Alex as someone with severe violent tendencies and imply that Jo was afraid of him.  I'm just not sure how else the husband stuff would come up.

Alex had to be pulled off of Shane when he was beating him in the hospital so they have at least one other instance (with witnesses) of Alex using physical violence.  IMO, its easy for Jo being married to come up with DeLuca testifying. If he's pressed for details about the night leading up to him being in Alex's home with a drunk Jo he could get flustered and say she was really upset about having to turn down Alex's proposal. A few more questions then DeLuca breaks with "she is already married". (I watch a lot of tv).

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Alex had to be pulled off of Shane when he was beating him in the hospital so they have at least one other instance (with witnesses) of Alex using physical violence.  IMO, its easy for Jo being married to come up with DeLuca testifying. If he's pressed for details about the night leading up to him being in Alex's home with a drunk Jo he could get flustered and say she was really upset about having to turn down Alex's proposal. A few more questions then DeLuca breaks with "she is already married". (I watch a lot of tv).

Yeah, I can totally see that happening, especially if Alex's defense is that he thought DeLuca was taking advantage.  Then Alex gets mad at Jo, Jo gets mad at DeLuca and DeLuca just gets thrown under the bus all over again and we are totally back where we started.  Yay?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Yeah, I can totally see that happening, especially if Alex's defense is that he thought DeLuca was taking advantage.  Then Alex gets mad at Jo, Jo gets mad at DeLuca and DeLuca just gets thrown under the bus all over again and we are totally back where we started.  Yay?

lol why even bother waiting for the midseason finale, we know this is what's going to happen haha. And of course it will happen with Jo having no agency over her own life or storylines, as per. I know she's going to need some kind of push to tell Alex about her husband, but I wanted it to come from HER. You know, this storyline has just happened exactly how I didn't want. Shonda is so full of BS with her 'survivor' talk, when we have seen not one ounce of Jo's perspective in this mess. It might be coming, but when?! It's episode 5 for god sakes and we have not one clue how Jo/Alex are feeling about eachother. When are we going to get to the gritty interesting complex material, of Jo actually dealing with the repercussions and trauma of an abusive and violent past? Will we see Alex find out, be rightfully hurt/betrayed, all that (because I have no doubt of THAT part) but will we actually see him be the person we know - find it in himself to understand, have compassion and actually help Jo through that pain? because THAT'S the journey and path I want to see!!! that's what this storyline Should be giving us!! So far Jo is non existent or she's been demonised in the writing or by the fanbase. I love Alex and don't get me wrong - I want to see his part in all this too, and I wanted to see him recognise and work through his own anger/violent tendencies, but we always see everything through his eyes -and what's happened so far is only more evidence of this!! This is their chance to turn Jo from the hated/misunderstood character who is only used as a spare part, to an actually layered, multifaceted member of the cast. And if They don't do that, I'll just be so disappointed.

• Love 2
On 20.10.2016 at 6:19 PM, BaseOps said:

I haven't seen any evidence at all this season of a Meredith / Alex romance. I think it's pretty clear that the writers are pushing her and Riggs together; it's basically dominating the story-telling. Ellen Pompeo said herself last year that she didn't think they'd ever go there. 

I agree. Alex and Nathan will also be good friends even. What I like about Meredith. Let's see what's coming.
I hope that we will see in "Roar" in 13x06 more Merthan, so more passion, because yes was written is the first 5 episodes nothing exciting and passionate between Meredith and Nathan will happen. So I think that is somewhere 13x06 will happen.

Edited by Maukie99

Cathrine want to replace Alex. But can she fire him from the hospital  Or may the directors of the board have a board  meeting and vote ?   The foundation is electing Jackson as chairman because  they had   majority of the funds. That means she has no seat on the board so it is Jackson who votes  and  several of the surgeons shall vote  .   Cristina gave Alex her shares of the hospital but  the board unanimously voted for Bailey to take Cristina's seat, but hired Alex as an attending pediatric surgeon. 
 Maybe  it  isn't going Catherine's way.  

Edited by Ilovemydog

I don't like Catherine most of the time, but she's right on the money here. Bailey trying to act like nothing happened is the most ridiculous thing the show has done since, well, the LVAD wire. And in a weird way it looks like they're trying to redo some aspects of the Izzie/Denny story, only with like 0,1% of its emotional impact. 

• Love 2

I can't take Catherine seriously here. Her own son punched Alex three times into a coffee table. 

Alex is reassigned to the clinic and not allowed to perform surgery. He's demoted. That's not acting like nothing happened. Hell, isn't that more than Izzie got for cutting the LVAD? Oh yeah, people begged for her to return.

I don't understand why the writers did this if they're not going to address Jo's past. I want to see that. Or Alex in therapy and/or anger management. 

• Love 3

The problem is, it doesn't work in any case. Alex has not put the hospital or patients in jeopardy for even a lawsuit by DeLuacha. However, at the same time Bailey acting like ignoring it isn't the way and when it all comes down to it. DeLuacha at this time has no reason to keep Jo's secret and even more, there has ben NOTHING on Jo at all on this. we have to wait around for some big outing because you know... DRAMA!

Yea, I don't really see how Bailey / the hospital acted like nothing happened. Alex lost his ability to do surgery, he's working in the clinic. Pending his trial, Bailey has basically just tried to keep the drama from interfering with work in the hospital. I mean, everyone in this hospital has done ridiculous things that should get them fired; Bailey giving that child a drug against the parents wishes, Meredith tampering with a clinical trial... Maggie punched a freakin patient's family member last year! I think Alex's punishment is suitable for now. 

• Love 2

In the real world Alex would likely be put on some type of administrative leave pending the trial but in the realm of SGM Alex is being punished harshly for now.  Bailey went to Izzie and asked her to return after the LVAD, has committed various violations herself and last week was standing next to Meredith as she violated patient privacy laws and said nothing. So really, what did Catherine expect?

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

The problem is, ever since S6-ish, the writers decided to start splitting seasons in half and beating one or two storylines to death at a time while everyone else does nothing, then pick other storylines back up while pretending they're all still happening at or around the same time. 

On 10/21/2016 at 10:37 AM, Deanie87 said:

What really sucks is that I guarantee that THIS will be where they leave it and then we have to wait 2-3 months for the show to come back and then and only then will this seasons long storyline really get started.  Sigh.  I was pretty sure before that the husband would show up, but I'm not convinced now considering how little of Jo's perspective we have gotten so far.  Sadly, I don't know that they are going to give her past all that much attention.

I'm also betting that the trial in general will be the mid-season cliffhanger. Specifically, it may be the verdict or -- to get really soapy -- Jo's abusive hubby sees her picture in the paper after she testifies, and bursts into the courtroom.  The latter is how things would roll if this were One Life to Live. LOL

On 10/22/2016 at 10:14 AM, Maukie99 said:

I hope that we will see in "Roar" in 13x06 more Merthan, so more passion, because yes was written is the first 5 episodes nothing exciting and passionate between Meredith and Nathan will happen. So I think that is somewhere 13x06 will happen.

Well, since so far there has been absolutely no passion between Meredith and Nathan -- their hasty coupling last year was painful, and since then their interactions have been duller than watching paint dry -- I'll be amused to see what the show considers "more" passion. 

20 hours ago, Ilovemydog said:

Cathrine want to replace Alex. But can she fire him from the hospital  Or may the directors of the board have a board  meeting and vote ?   The foundation is electing Jackson as chairman because  they had   majority of the funds. That means she has no seat on the board so it is Jackson who votes  and  several of the surgeons shall vote  .   Cristina gave Alex her shares of the hospital but  the board unanimously voted for Bailey to take Cristina's seat, but hired Alex as an attending pediatric surgeon. 
 Maybe  it  isn't going Catherine's way.  

Catherine's not on the hospital board, so I don't see how she can demand anything. She can try to convince Jackson to vote to fire Alex, but given the mother-son relationship, he'd probably tell her to go blow smoke, and there are other people on the board she'd have to convince to get a majority.

But then again, this is Grey's Anatomy, and what is or isn't legal, logical, or likely doesn't matter. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gladrags said:

Catherine's not on the hospital board, so I don't see how she can demand anything. She can try to convince Jackson to vote to fire Alex, but given the mother-son relationship, he'd probably tell her to go blow smoke, and there are other people on the board she'd have to convince to get a majority.

But then again, this is Grey's Anatomy, and what is or isn't legal, logical, or likely doesn't matter. 

I'm a little confused.  Isn't Alex on the board now, thanks to Cristina giving him her shares...or did that go to Bailey?  Or was the choice between Bailey and Alex over Chief of Surgery....the last few seasons have totally become a slush pile in my mind.

I'm a little confused.  Isn't Alex on the board now, thanks to Cristina giving him her shares...or did that go to Bailey?  Or was the choice between Bailey and Alex over Chief of Surgery....the last few seasons have totally become a slush pile in my mind.

Alex doesn't have a vote on the board. Cristina left him her shares but the board overruled and gave it to Bailey (no one voted for Alex).  He probably still has a financial stake in the hospital. I don't think they could take that away and give it to Bailey too but this is Grey's so who knows for sure.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gladrags said:

How will it go over with Catherine that Alex is her granddaughter's doctor?

32 minutes ago, Gladrags said:

Jackson may be the chairman of the board, but he and the Avery Foundation still only get one vote. 

I'm guessing no one took Derek's or Callie's spots on the board?

I don't know about Callie, but Meredith would have gotten Derek's shares--although I don't know about his vote.  It might just be that they have one less voting member now.  I'm sure it will become an issue when there is enough drama around it.

• Love 1

There's no reason for Callie to have sold her shares of the hospital just because she moved to NYC. The hospital is named partly after her daughter's deceased father, so she'd want to keep her shares if for no other reason than so Sofia can inherit them one day. In that case, she would have given someone her proxy. Bailey and Meredith are the likeliest candidates, with an outside chance of it being Arizona if Callie was thinking of it from a "protect our daughter's interests" perspective.

• Love 2

When Meredith and Derek were planning to move to Boston, they were going to Skype into board meetings (telecommute? Is that a word?) so if it ever comes up with Callie, they can just say the same. 

The Avery vote is worth a vote "and a half". I'm not exactly sure why, but it was mentioned once...Jackson apparently also has veto power. I guess he chooses not to exercise it?

Edited by flickers

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/bc.marfeel.com/www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/greys-anatomy-episode-1308-room-where.html%3fmarfeeltn=amp?client=safari

Press release for The Room where it happens is available. I'm not wholly surprised because it's Jo but I've gotta say I can't believe that they're giving Stephanie a flashback episode yet Jo's past has become a vehicle for Alex's man pain and DeLuca to get more focus. We'll be 8 episodes in at this point and still nothing will have come of it. As someone who likes the character and the actress it's becoming a frustrating waste of time waiting for this story to actually kick off and trust it will be told in a sensitive way that doesn't villainise Jo or become more about Alex then her.

• Love 4

I haven't been too impatient because I assumed that the Jo and Jo/Alex stuff was going to come up in the mid-season finale (episode 13.09).  But from the descriptions/info that I have read for the episodes it doesn't sound like that storyline is happening in the mid-season finale.  I thought for sure it would be the trail, but maybe not.  I mean, this husband/marriage/Jo's past stuff has been going on for over 2 seasons now.  WTF.

• Love 1

That's an interesting character combo - Mer, Richard, Stef and Owen. We know we'll see Zola in the episode as well as a flashback to young Stef + someone in Richard's family. Will we also, possibly, see Owen's sister? Or someone else connected to him? I wonder what this episode is all about.

Bridget Regan, though not listed in the press release, is slated to be in this episode. It's possible that she could be part of Owen's flashback, unless she's the patient. 

As for Jo, Jo/Alex, and the trial: I think it will end up coming back up as the "big" mid season finale story with possible cliffhanger. Episode 8 "The Room Where It Happens" seems to be more of a standalone episode. 

The episode title is a song from the musical Hamilton.  It will be interesting to see if any of the lyrics from the song have any relationship to the storyline(s).

i found this set of lyrics particularly poignant 

The art of the compromise

Hold your nose and close your eyes

We want our leaders to save the day

But we don't get a say in what they trade away

We dream of a brand new start

But we dream in the dark for the most part

And also

And all he had to do was die

That's a lot less work

We oughta give it a try

Regarding Jo's storyline, I doubt that there will be much of one.  I think that they may have had some big ideas about it at the end of last season, but then decided that this season's focus would be on The Originals.  They've hyped up the focus on The Originals in the media, so I think that that's what they are going to stick with as the season goes along.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Press release for The Room where it happens is available. I'm not wholly surprised because it's Jo but I've gotta say I can't believe that they're giving Stephanie a flashback episode yet Jo's past has become a vehicle for Alex's man pain and DeLuca to get more focus. We'll be 8 episodes in at this point and still nothing will have come of it. As someone who likes the character and the actress it's becoming a frustrating waste of time waiting for this story to actually kick off and trust it will be told in a sensitive way that doesn't villainise Jo or become more about Alex then her.

Honestly I don't mind the wait.  It would be unrealistic  (I know, I know this is Grey's where "realism" takes a vacation on the regular) for her past to suddenly intrude on her now just because she mentioned her husband to DeLuca.  I know it is a retcon, but it is now canon.  So in that vein, she had been keeping this quiet for years.  And she has been under the radar for years.  It makes no sense for her husband to appear just on the strength of her having mentioned him in a drunken stupor.

The only reason her past should become present is if DeLuca spills the beans -- which still doesn't make the husband appear but has major ramifications for Jo with the hospital, Alex etc.  (I think this would be the better road for the show to go).

Or if something big happens with the hospital such that is makes national news and Jo herself is part of that news evenif it is just a backgrond photo or something.  In which case, voila, husband discovers her.

I am no big fan of Jos, but I think smart storytelling would go the first route with people at SG finding out about her secret and then much later down the line... maybe not even this season ... the husband appears.  It would actualy more story for her by making these two separate things.

So I think it is fine to wait for the shoe drop and in the meantime, yes it is good the flesh out the extremely underused characters like Steph and DeLuca.

Regarding Jo's storyline, I doubt that there will be much of one.  I think that they may have had some big ideas about it at the end of last season, but then decided that this season's focus would be on The Originals.  They've hyped up the focus on The Originals in the media, so I think that that's what they are going to stick with as the season goes along

If that is true then they should have taken 10 minutes to wrap it up. They could have had Jo discover the ex had died and she could have told Alex. They could leave them broken up if the plan is to have Alex be one of the sisters again without leaving a major plot point they introduced just hanging.  Also, if Jo's story is being dropped to focus on The Originals then why is Amelia & Owen getting focus? Why is Leah returning? Arizona getting a love interest? Stephanie getting flashbacks? Maggie in every other scene?  Personally I think the media interviews of "we're focusing on The Originals" was BS and applied to maybe the first two episodes but YMMV.

I don't care about ever seeing Jo's husband; they could hold off on him showing up for seasons if ever.  What I find frustrating is the complete lack of POV so far this season from Jo. I never expected it to dominate the show but there's been zero.  A women who changed her identity due to escaping domestic abuse outs her secret, the secret causes a break up with the man she loves, she watches him beat the shit out of a co-worker and then she's mopey and she eats cookies with DeLuca.  She doesn't even appear concerned that someone she's not even all that close with now knows this massive secret about her.  I think Jo needs fleshing out just as much as Stephanie.  Since Cristina left Seattle Jo's story consisted of being treated like shit by Meredith and moping about Alex not paying attention.  She's in her last year of residency (at least it should be) and has no specialty. She barely even does surgery.  I LOLed in the last episode because of course Jo didn't get the surgery on the patient she worked with all day because Stephanie had the sads.  Just give her a cookie instead.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I haven't been too impatient because I assumed that the Jo and Jo/Alex stuff was going to come up in the mid-season finale (episode 13.09).  But from the descriptions/info that I have read for the episodes it doesn't sound like that storyline is happening in the mid-season finale.  I thought for sure it would be the trail, but maybe not.  I mean, this husband/marriage/Jo's past stuff has been going on for over 2 seasons now.  WTF.

JustinChambersOnline posted a pic with Justin and a woman who could be his lawyer, in a courthouse.  I think it is for 13x09 so I do still think the trial is coming before the winter break.  None of the episode descriptions include anything about Alex on trial though, so we'll see I guess.   

As I was saying in the episode thread, I do think Jo's past and why she can't marry Alex is for sure coming, I am just getting frustrated there has been virtually nothing for them in the first 5 episodes.  The problem I see with them "holding" this for the mid-season finale is, every cliffhanger for Alex and Jo has basically been dropped when they the episodes return.  So I am not personally holding on to any hope that we will see an on screen interaction/discussion between Alex and Jo during the winter premiere.  I guess I will just keep waiting but every promo/sneak that comes out is like, more Omelia nonsense, Meredith and Riggs or the Mer/Maggie/Amelia trio and its just like blah blah blah.  

In other news, I guess we will be getting flashbacks to the day Derek died in episode 13x09 per the promo pics.  http://calzona-ga.tumblr.com/

I wonder how they will tie this in to Stephanie's childhood and seems like also something relating to Webber's family member (mother or sister?).  

Meredith, Owen, Webber and Stephanie seem to be doing a surgery at Dilllard?  So odd, I am so curious as to what is happening.  well duh, I just figured why the episode is called "The Rom Where it Happens".  I guess Meredith (and co) will have to operate on someone in the same OR where Derek died, hence the flashbacks. 

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/10/145005_6094-900x600.jpg

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

The episode title is a song from the musical Hamilton.  It will be interesting to see if any of the lyrics from the song have any relationship to the storyline(s).

i found this set of lyrics particularly poignant 

And also

And all he had to do was die

That's a lot less work

We oughta give it a try

heh maybe they will rename Dillard Medical center as "Derek Shepherd Memorial Hospital".  

*I'm totally kidding, just tying into that Hamilton verse (naming Clarmont Street after General Mercer after he died).  

• Love 1

Meredith, Owen, Webber and Stephanie seem to be doing a surgery at Dilllard?  So odd, I am so curious as to what is happening.  well duh, I just figured why the episode is called "The Rom Where it Happened".  I guess Meredith will have to operate on someone in the same OR where Derek died, hence the flashbacks.

I don't think its a flashback with the kids. Bailey is too old. He was in a stroller when Derek died, here's a promo pic from the episode.

1121pic.jpg

So does Meredith go to this hospital again wearing the same shirt do perform surgery in the room where Derek died? I'm sorry but come on (not you, the show).

Edited by windsprints
1 hour ago, Greysaddict said:

heh maybe they will rename Dillard Medical center as "Derek Shepherd Memorial Hospital".  

*I'm totally kidding, just tying into that Hamilton verse (naming Clarmont Street after General Mercer after he died).  

LOL!  Sure!  Why not?!  :)

I looked at the promo pics and am wondering if Meredith is being operated on.  It looks like a dream sequence.  The giant sliding ER doors with waiting room on the other side makes no sense architecturally and violates the sterile field.

Or maybe she is reminiscing about giving birth to Ellis?

Edited by Scatterbrained
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, flickers said:

The Avery vote is worth a vote "and a half". I'm not exactly sure why, but it was mentioned once...Jackson apparently also has veto power. I guess he chooses not to exercise it?

Catherine drove a hard bargain (of course) for the Avery Foundation saving the hospital. But I vaguely recall a very early episode where Jackson realized that exercising the veto wouldn't go well for him unless he was willing to constantly be on bad terms with the rest of the board, which he wasn't. That's when he came up with the name of Grey Sloan Memorial, as an olive branch to the others.

I looked at the promo pics and am wondering if Meredith is being operated on.  It looks like a dream sequence.  The giant sliding ER doors with waiting room on the other side makes no sense architecturally and violates the sterile field.

Good point, it does look dream-like. Maybe she is dreaming that she went into the OR trying to save Derek?  She did talk to Nathan about a dream about Derek in the last episode didn't she?

I don't think she's the patient because we see her as a surgeon in the pictures too (ferry cap). I also don't think they are at another hospital because the screen in the background of the surgery photo says Grey Sloan Memorial.

I'm hoping you are right and the scenes at Dillard are some kind of dream, separate from them performing surgery at SGM.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, windsprints said:

Good point, it does look dream-like. Maybe she is dreaming that she went into the OR trying to save Derek?  She did talk to Nathan about a dream about Derek in the last episode didn't she?

I don't think she's the patient because we see her as a surgeon in the pictures too (ferry cap). I also don't think they are at another hospital because the screen in the background of the surgery photo says Grey Sloan Memorial.

I'm hoping you are right and the scenes at Dillard are some kind of dream, separate from them performing surgery at SGM.

In this picture they are clearly operating at Dillard, but other pics have the grey Sloan logo so who knows.  

Also I realize that the Bailey in the current pics is the current actor and thus too old to be flashback Bailey, but I'm assuming they either couldn't get the former actor or just didn't care and though the audience wouldn't notice or care all that much. They have to be flashback or perhaps dreams/what if because why else have Meredith (and Zola) in the exact same outfits as 11x21. 

IMG_5442.PNG

10 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

LOL!  Sure!  Why not?!  :)

Or maybe she is reminiscing about giving birth to Ellis?

hmm, you are right the layout doesn't really make sense, it seems like the waiting room is outside the ER, with the sliding doors, which makes sense. But then they seem to be operating right in the ER, not an OR.  Weird.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Greysaddict said:

I guess I will just keep waiting but every promo/sneak that comes out is like, more Omelia nonsense, Meredith and Riggs or the Mer/Maggie/Amelia trio and its just like blah blah blah.  

You know, the Originals.  *Rolls eyes*  I have no problem with Stephanie getting something to do and I am glad that Richard, especially, will get some more backstory, but this season seems to be shaping up like the last two and I find that greatly disappointing.  Once again, having the mid season finale so early in the season screws up the natural flow of the storytelling.  I know that I've mentioned this before, but seriously, Alex "proposed" to Jo for the first time back in season TEN!  This bullshit has been going on for nearly three seasons now and is still not fully fleshed out.  They get the beginnings of some kind of story, it gets ramped up, then dropped, then a cliffhanger, and then usually nothing, and then a few stand alone "gimmicky" episodes are sprinkled in right as everything is getting going again.  At this rate, I assume that Alex will find out about the husband at the trial, which I thought would be in the mid-season finale, but I'm not so sure now, and then nothing will happen about it until the finale when the husband finally shows up and we start the whole, drawn out, boring process again next season.  

And another thing...there are promo pictures of all of the residents and DeLuca and Leah together.  So I assume that DeLuca is now just going to be part of the Resident class and they STILL haven't even mentioned the Boards.  

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Honestly I don't mind the wait.  It would be unrealistic  (I know, I know this is Grey's where "realism" takes a vacation on the regular) for her past to suddenly intrude on her now just because she mentioned her husband to DeLuca.  I know it is a retcon, but it is now canon.  So in that vein, she had been keeping this quiet for years.  And she has been under the radar for years.  It makes no sense for her husband to appear just on the strength of her having mentioned him in a drunken stupor.

The only reason her past should become present is if DeLuca spills the beans -- which still doesn't make the husband appear but has major ramifications for Jo with the hospital, Alex etc.  (I think this would be the better road for the show to go).

Or if something big happens with the hospital such that is makes national news and Jo herself is part of that news evenif it is just a backgrond photo or something.  In which case, voila, husband discovers her.

I am no big fan of Jos, but I think smart storytelling would go the first route with people at SG finding out about her secret and then much later down the line... maybe not even this season ... the husband appears.  It would actualy more story for her by making these two separate things.

So I think it is fine to wait for the shoe drop and in the meantime, yes it is good the flesh out the extremely underused characters like Steph and DeLuca.

Sorry for the double post!  I see what you are saying here and if things hadn't been going on for so long already, and if they hadn't had so many storylines started and then drawn out/dropped already I would be okay with this.  But as it is, its just starting to bore me, and if its boring ME, I can't imagine how others must feel about it.  The only way that would be logical for the husband to appear after the trial is if it somehow makes the national news, which I don't know why it would.  And even then, Jo has changed her name, so unless the husband or his minions see a picture of her it won't make sense.

As far as Jo having lied about her name (in other words, if she hasn't changed it legally), I just don't think that this is something that the character can withstand. As it is, they are making her extremely unlikable by having her lead Alex on about marriage (regardless of why she did it), giving her absolutely no point of view or context for her actions, and then having her do nothing but complain nearly every time she is onscreen.  I like Jo, but her "redemption" needs to start sooner rather than later, and since they are apparently not interested in showing her as any kind of real surgeon or giving her a mentor, then they need to get her past and personal life cleared up quick.  Giving the whole hospital a real reason to distrust and or dislike her (even more than the nonsensical reasons they all apparently do now), will be the final nail in the character's coffin.  I think that her character has a lot of potential, both alone and with Alex,  so that will be real shame, IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Greysaddict said:

In this picture they are clearly operating at Dillard, but other pics have the grey Sloan logo so who knows.  

Also I realize that the Bailey in the current pics is the current actor and thus too old to be flashback Bailey, but I'm assuming they either couldn't get the former actor or just didn't care and though the audience wouldn't notice or care all that much. They have to be flashback or perhaps dreams/what if because why else have Meredith (and Zola) in the exact same outfits as 11x21. 

IMG_5442.PNG

It looks quite surreal- like a theatre stage.

Dear GOD let not Shonda's love for Hamilton manifest itself into another musical episode.

• Love 2

either couldn't get the former actor or just didn't care and though the audience wouldn't notice or care all that much

I would never notice if it was the exact child but they could have gotten a youger child if its a flashback so I'll go with they just don't care. 

hmm, you are right the layout doesn't really make sense, it seems like the waiting room is outside the ER, with the sliding doors, which makes sense. But then they seem to be operating right in the ER, not an OR.  Weird.

Agree with you and Scatterbrained, something is weird with those pictures. If they were operating at another hospital would they bring Bohkee with them? That seems off too. When we saw the team to to that military hospital they didn't bring surgical nurses, etc. with them, did they?

In the promo Amelia says that its been 2 months since the wedding so we have some idea of the timeline. Not that it actually matters since they just erase years at will, etc., lol

In the sneak peek Amelia says its been 2 months since her wedding.

I wonder if that is why they were/are filming out of order. Jo probably has some larger SL in the second half of the season that they needed to get done before Camilla starts showing.

Congratulations to her!