Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I've been saying this since Maggie first arrived, I don't understand why everyone just assumes that Maggie is Richard's daughter. I've seen all of the episodes and I admit that my memory sucks but I don't remember any DNA testing being done.  She just appeared as Ellis's daughter and with her being biracial everyone assumed she was Richard's.   Elias obviously had no problems with cheating so who's to say she didn't have another guy on the side?  

I think (kinda hope) that it will come out that she's not his daughter. 

1 hour ago, mdw said:

Maybe her mentor will be Owen or Amelia. After all, she is at their dinner party and she has never before seemed to be particular friends with them.

I don't know why Meredith treats Jo so badly.

Or maybe it is a Thin Man style dinner party and Jo has been invited for everyone to g t to the bottom of it.  It being what happened to DeLuca.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Chas411 said:

The promo pics of the dinner party worry me. Why is Jo there? And why is Meredith giving her a dirty look - I really can't watch this if it's just another chance for Meedith to treat her like shit only this time it's "warranted" because Jo betrayed Alex or whatever. 

On the other hand is this how Jo gets her new mentor? I wonder who it'll be..

I agree I also can't stomach another scene where Jo is treated as a verbal punching bag, or another self-righteous Meredith speech with matching condescending looks to go with it. Im so done with that. It also goes against the natural dynamics which Shona said she used to pay attention to and utilise in the show - Camilla and Ellen are actually really good friends. Same with Jessica - not having her and Jo bond whilst living in the same house was such a wasted opportunity IMO. 

I'm really curious though because Jo seems to be smiling somewhat.. and yeah who do you think should be her mentor? I loved her with Callie but since that's not an option I would like to see her in trauma.. Anything but sticking her with the sisters where she'll never grace the screen again (especially in Maggies case). 

The return of Arizona! 

Episode 13.03 - I Ain't No Miracle Worker
A family argues at the hospital following a funeral car crash; Arizona is caught between Alex and Andrew; Ben has a new parenting role; Amelia helps Meredith and Maggie work through a problem.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, doram said:

Why not - because Ellis cheating on her husband because she was in love with Richard and planned to elope with him, and that makes her a cheater, not a slut. There's no evidence that Ellis slept with multiple men other than the crude assumption that because she was having an affair with Richard, she must have been sleeping with other people, too.

Very true....plus, the show went to great lengths to show that the Ellis/Richard affair was NOT just sex.  Ellis was many things, but there was never anything to suggest that she would hook up with whoever was around.  And, while no lab test was never done, they've gone to great lengths to show situationally that Richard is Maggie's father.  Does it hold up in a court of law--no....but I don't care.  It works for me.  Plus, hasn't the show beaten the Richard/Ellis angle to death?  Questioning Maggie's paternity would be re-opening that can of worms and I have no interest in that.  I would much rather find out who Maggie's adopted parents are than go back and re-examine her biological parents.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Joana said:

I simply don't think GA is the kind of show that would have such surprising twists. 

I think that the Maggie "reveal," for lack of a better word, was about the most surprising twist that GA has done and, to go back to that, would be pushing the envelope too far (frankly, I'm amazed that story line worked as well as it did...)  I've seen too many shows that were ruined because the writers were trying to push things too far and be too "surprising".  GA has done very well, knowing its boundaries, and I'd hate to see GA go down that road--especially with a character who I would consider to fill a supporting role at this point.

26 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I think that the Maggie "reveal," for lack of a better word, was about the most surprising twist that GA has done and, to go back to that, would be pushing the envelope too far (frankly, I'm amazed that story line worked as well as it did...)  I've seen too many shows that were ruined because the writers were trying to push things too far and be too "surprising".  GA has done very well, knowing its boundaries, and I'd hate to see GA go down that road--especially with a character who I would consider to fill a supporting role at this point.

I agree. Maggie was essentially a retcon, like Arizona's pregnancy or Owen's sister. It's already annoying enough that they seem to be turning to such cheap tricks increasingly often, but to take something that's been universally accepted as the truth (i.e. Richard being Maggie's biological father) and then turn it upside down would be pushing it too far. There are shows where such things are the norm, GA isn't (or at least hasn't been) one of them, so it would be disappointing if they went in that direction.

Moreover, it's been made well clear that Maggie is not looking for a replacement father figure, so such storyline wouldn't serve any real purpose or contrinute anything substantial to the story. It would just lead to more carousel flashbacks, and God dammit, we do NOT need any more of those. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Chas411 said:

The promo pics of the dinner party worry me. Why is Jo there? And why is Meredith giving her a dirty look - I really can't watch this if it's just another chance for Meedith to treat her like shit only this time it's "warranted" because Jo betrayed Alex or whatever. 

On the other hand is this how Jo gets her new mentor? I wonder who it'll be..

I fear judgemental Meredith knowing everything. I feel sorry for Jo that she has to attend that kind of party.  Why would Amelia or Owen even invite her? She has her own friends. Weird writers´ logic. The only reason is for Meredith to tell her she knows everything best.

Maggie has finally grown on me, and I have always liked that she felt like she had parents and didn't need to obsess over her birth parents. She came to find Meredith. For some reason, all of Meredith's sisters think she is worth knowing. If a Richard/Maggie story line sucked up airtime, I would not be happy.

I am not a huge fan of Jo's, but I have never understood why Meredith has always been so mean to her. If she makes Alex happy, what's the problem. God knows, Meredith makes Alex bend over backwards to make HER happy. I think Jo is a weirdo, but I guess that works for Alex. Misfits unite!

Callie was a mentor for an episode, right? Nothing really came of it. I see Jo doing the same thing Alex did and doing Pediatrics. Arizona is quirky and edgy, as well as often on the outside of things, and could relate to Jo.

18 hours ago, mdw said:

Maybe her mentor will be Owen or Amelia. After all, she is at their dinner party and she has never before seemed to be particular friends with them.

I don't know why Meredith treats Jo so badly.

That would explain why she was invited in the first place, but I believe her mentor could be Richard, we will see...

1 hour ago, thewhiteowl said:

I saw the promo and I think I going to have a tough time feeling any empathy for angsty Alex.  I kind of hope he does get arrested.

I think he should get arrested but not lose his job. I don't know how serious Deluca's injuries are going to be. (Promos tend to over exaggerate danger.) Assuming Deluca's injuries aren't very serious and he recovers, I would hope he doesn't press charges and Alex isn't in jail very long, (like a weekend or up to a week).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I am not a huge fan of Jo's, but I have never understood why Meredith has always been so mean to her. If she makes Alex happy, what's the problem. God knows, Meredith makes Alex bend over backwards to make HER happy. I think Jo is a weirdo, but I guess that works for Alex. Misfits unite!

Callie was a mentor for an episode, right? Nothing really came of it. I see Jo doing the same thing Alex did and doing Pediatrics. Arizona is quirky and edgy, as well as often on the outside of things, and could relate to Jo.

I read an article that said Ellen Pompeo questioned why Meredith was so mean to Jo. I think it's kind of like when Izzie was so mean to Callie. I didn't quite get it then either. It's like both female characters are overly possessive of their male friends, but I'm not sure why.

Meredith told Jo in one episode that she felt protective of Alex because he hasn't had it easy with relationships. I think that is part of it, but I think that there is more. I don't think she's in love with him deep down and unaware of it. Maybe she relies on Alex so much as a support for her that subconsciously she feels threatened by or jealous of Jo's role in his life. Meredith can be selfish, although I don't think she means to be.

Edited by mdw

Meredith told Jo in one episode that she felt protective of Alex because he hasn't had it easy with relationships. I think that is part of it, but I think that there is more. I don't think she's in love with him deep down and unaware of it. Maybe she relies on Alex so much as a support for her that subconsciously she feels threatened by or jealous of Jo's role in his life. Meredith can be selfish, although I don't think she means to be.

Meredith became like that with Alex after Cristina left. To me its that she wanted him constantly there for her once she deemed him her person.  I can't imagine it would ever be written that she being in love with him was any part of it since it started when Derek was still alive. I doubt it will be explained further. Her statement to Jo after seasons of her being a bitch was likely all we'll see. This way they've made it all about Jo not being good enough (in Meredith's view) and Mary Sue Grey not being a bitch.

I'd love to see Alex get mandated counseling or anger management. Even probation would work.  I can't imagine he'll be carted off to jail for any length of time because that takes him completely out of the story. Also, given how others have fared for their crimes I really can't see them having Alex go to jail. 

I don't know how serious Deluca's injuries are going to be.

Either there's a time jump or they aren't too bad since he's back at work in episode 3:

Episode 13.03 - I Ain't No Miracle Worker
A family argues at the hospital following a funeral car crash; Arizona is caught between Alex and Andrew; Ben has a new parenting role; Amelia helps Meredith and Maggie work through a problem.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

I really want them to handle Alex and Jo story on a sensible level, which is take time to focus on both of them and what they go through. at this point, I don't really care about the "she should have told him" aspect of Jo's lie, but I'd like to have a bigger exploration of what she went through. she obviously was in an abusive relationship that forced her to change her name and such, and if this isn't treated seriously but just put there in the open only for "DRAMA" pruposes, I'll be pissed. These kind of subjects need to be addressed and this is as much Jo dealing with a dark time of her life as this is Alex'.

On the other hand, I'd really like that this event allows Alex to have a real exploration of his anger management issues, but also the other shitons of crap that has happened to him and have never been explored that much but as a throaway line. I hated that him being shot was only treated as a way to put Mark and Lexie back together and that everyone forgot about it when Derek and Cristina had so much episodes dealing with the consequences of the shooting. I also dislike the fact that we never had any follow through with how his sister Amber was coping. 

So yes, I hope that the fallout of the DeLuca beating won't be treated as a Jo/Alex and friends thing, but as a way to explore the character themselves and for them to have the focus on (but who am I kidding, it's gonna be all about the sisters ij one way or another...)

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Coxfires said:

I really want them to handle Alex and Jo story on a sensible level, which is take time to focus on both of them and what they go through. at this point, I don't really care about the "she should have told him" aspect of Jo's lie, but I'd like to have a bigger exploration of what she went through. she obviously was in an abusive relationship that forced her to change her name and such, and if this isn't treated seriously but just put there in the open only for "DRAMA" pruposes, I'll be pissed. These kind of subjects need to be addressed and this is as much Jo dealing with a dark time of her life as this is Alex'.

On the other hand, I'd really like that this event allows Alex to have a real exploration of his anger management issues, but also the other shitons of crap that has happened to him and have never been explored that much but as a throaway line. I hated that him being shot was only treated as a way to put Mark and Lexie back together and that everyone forgot about it when Derek and Cristina had so much episodes dealing with the consequences of the shooting. I also dislike the fact that we never had any follow through with how his sister Amber was coping. 

So yes, I hope that the fallout of the DeLuca beating won't be treated as a Jo/Alex and friends thing, but as a way to explore the character themselves and for them to have the focus on (but who am I kidding, it's gonna be all about the sisters ij one way or another...)

I completely agree and I also hope that they don't lay it on way, way too thick.  In the promo pictures of the dinner party, it looks like Jo may have gotten a black eye, which may be from trying to pull Alex off of DeLuca.   I am all for angst and emotional storylines, but I agree there needs to be some sensitivity to the issue and some restraint as well.  As it is, I"m sure that the mustache-twirling husband will show up at some point, so I hope that they keep the soapiness to that part of the story and not in the first part of it.   I much prefer to see what Jo has overcome than to get hit over the head with yet another "Somebody did Alex wrong" story.  It seems like Alex is going to get raked over the coals quite a bit (and rightly so), and I am fine in not sympathizing with him, but I don't want his heartbreak and/or downward spiral to eclipse Jo's side of the story either.

• Love 5

TVLine did 'Fall TV predictions' and for Grey's they predict that Jo's ex-husband will be someone that the audience already knows. Of course this is just a totally random guess, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. How soapy / revisionist can the writers get? Was she married to Denny? Burke? George? Derek? Alex's dad? Izzie? It could be anyone... 

As you said its just them guessing but who knows, could end up being true. Burke, Derek & Alex's dad can be ruled out because they've appeared at SGM while Jo was there. George doesn't fit Jo's description of her ex at all.  

And bite your tongue, lol - no Dead Denny again, ever!

Edited by windsprints

If we have already met the person, it might be someone who guest starred for a story arc.  Like Patrick Fabian/Oliver Lebackes or Peter Macnicol/Robert Stark.  I'm not saying those two are contenders, they were just easy for me to remember and Google.  I hate temporary/story arc characters, so I would not be the one to make any guesses.  I usually fast forward through their scenes.

I think that TV Line is just pulling stuff out of their ass, per usual, but if it ends up being someone that we have already seen, my guess is the investor guy that the Plane Crash Crew went to visit to help buy the hospital. I'm picturing someone not too much older than Jo,  attractive and rich and/or powerful.  But if he shows up he will probably be someone new.

• Love 4

Cool promo pictures for Meredith and Nathan in every episode it seems so far, it seems like a nice couple in the making...

I am surprised.

It seems Shonda has found a new man for Meredith. I honestly thought it would be impossible after Derek.

Edited by Nobodysfan

I'm bringing stuff over from the Promo thread and the episode thread because I will be speculating and also I know that people get irritated when the episode thread is 3 pages long before the episode even airs.

And I still think the whole story and the way Alex lost control there is completely OTT. So I can only hope there's some deeper meaning behind it and it wasn't just done for drama and cheap thrills. But I'm not counting on it.

On a different note, where IS Jo? Do we think she really caught a black eye in that fight between Alex and Andrew?

The beating was a bit much, but I don't really think that it is completely out of character.  Alex has always had this in him and one of the reasons that I enjoy him as a character so much is because the writers haven't shied away from his darker side.  It makes sense to me that someone from his background would do this, and also that the person he is now is horrified by it. He has come a long way and done his best to be better than his father was, and he succeeded.  But I think that its realistic that he would lash out and now he is in panic mode and maybe trying to cover his tracks or at least see how bad things are before he makes any decisions.  That makes sense to me as well.  As for Jo, I think that the lack of information about her is deliberate right now, and I do think that she may have gotten injured.  Which, of course will be worse for everyone involved and is definitely for the drama!thrills! factor.  But I also think that it muddies the waters a bit about the whole "Evil Jo lied to poor Cupcake Alex" rewriting of history that I have seen here and there.  It just adds another facet to the storyline and I hope will add a bit more depth to their relationship because they both have firsthand knowledge of abuse and its effects.  The writers have proven that the don't much care about Jo, but I don't think that they are so tone-deaf as to not care about the criticism that they will get if this whole storyline is told primarily from Alex's perspective.

I'm eager to see how it plays out. The sneak is only a couple of minutes. We see Meredith not saying anything yet and checking the scans for Alex but I'm not sure she won't tell someone before Alex has the chance to own up to what he's done. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My guess is that Meredith does cover for Alex initially, but then has a change of heart.  Not about turning him in but about feeling uneasy that Alex was capable of something like this, especially if Jo shows up sporting a black eye.  EP hinted as much in one of her interviews.  She said something about "how well do you really know someone, etc., etc."  I think it would be interesting if Jo was actually sympathetic to Jo for once and didn't immediately dismiss her out of blind loyalty to Alex.  I don't really want Meredith all that involved in the Jo/Alex story, but my hope is that it will be a season long story and this is only the first stage of it, with Jo and Alex having more interaction once the initial shock of the beating and the reveal of the secret has passed.

Bright side: It's unlikely he'll be gossiping with the girls any time soon.

If nothing else, THIS will make the whole storyline worthwhile!  

• Love 1

I believe Alex would have decked him. I don't buy that he would have beaten him so badly at this point.

While Jo has a sympathetic reason for lying, that doesn't mean she should get an automatic pass for lying. 

She's had plenty of opportunities to tell Alex. She's gotten mad at him for what she considered lying over the eggs. She's questioned his commitment to her multiple times.

At this point, she should have been able to trust Alex to tell him. 

I don't need Meredith to be blindly loyal but I do expect her to support him and be there for him during this time. She can do that without covering for him. Alex deserves that after everything he's done for Meredith.

• Love 1

She's gotten mad at him for what she considered lying over the eggs. She's questioned his commitment to her multiple times.

She got annoyed because she feared he had been more committed to Izzy then he was to her not because he lied.

i don't doubt Jo will be called out on her lies (hopefully by Alex and not Meredith). she's not a character to usually get a free pass on her screw ups nor is Alex. I'd be really surprised if she's not called out on her dishonesty. Last season she was either dismissed or treated like crap by every cast member at one point - I can't imagine she'll suddenly be the apple of their eyes now. 

I do think her scenes with Webber will lead to her confirming Alwx beat DeLuca although judging from the sneak peek everyone has already guessed anyway.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Court said:

I believe Alex would have decked him. I don't buy that he would have beaten him so badly at this point.

While Jo has a sympathetic reason for lying, that doesn't mean she should get an automatic pass for lying. 

She's had plenty of opportunities to tell Alex. She's gotten mad at him for what she considered lying over the eggs. She's questioned his commitment to her multiple times.

At this point, she should have been able to trust Alex to tell him. 

I don't need Meredith to be blindly loyal but I do expect her to support him and be there for him during this time. She can do that without covering for him. Alex deserves that after everything he's done for Meredith.

Well, nearly every other time that Alex has gone after someone, there have been a few people there to pull him off.  This time there was just a drunk Jo.  Not saying that he would have whaled on someone those other times, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, at least for me.

And I agree with Chas, Jo has never, ever gotten a pass for anything on this show, so I can guaranty that it won't start now.  The fact that Alex reacted the way that he did will most likely reinforce to Jo that she was right not to tell him.  I've said before that as long as they can make it clear that JO felt afraid enough not to tell Alex about her husband, that is enough for me, regardless of whether I or the other characters think she could have trusted Alex.  I blame some of this on the writing as well, because clearly the direction that they are now taking Jo and Alex was decided at the last minute.  It makes sense in regards to stuff from seasons 9 and 10, but is both supported and contradicted from episodes earlier in this past season. She has been written all over the place with unclear motivations, at least recently, so I am going to try to get on board with what is happening now, since they appear to have actually given it a tiny bit of thought at this point.  Hopefully, it will be consistent going forward.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I blame some of this on the writing as well, because clearly the direction that they are now taking Jo and Alex was decided at the last minute.  It makes sense in regards to stuff from seasons 9 and 10, but is both supported and contradicted from episodes earlier in this past season. She has been written all over the place with unclear motivations, at least recently, so I am going to try to get on board with what is happening now, since they appear to have actually given it a tiny bit of thought at this point.

I agree with this 100%. It's incredible when you look at it the damage that season 11 and 12 had on jolex simply for the fact that they were barely ever shown together. It's such a shame because I rewatched season 9&10 and they really had SUCH a great build up, and then season 10 was great for them too. If they had bypassed the stupid 'Meredith treating Jo like dirt' non-storyline, in favour of Jo's past, I think we would be seeing a completely different reception by the casual viewers. As it is, the comments on the greys Facebook page about Jo disgust me, but you are right in the sense that the writers have just totally screwed her. 

I hope so so much that people are right in speculating that this storyline will be told in stages, and Jo has her perspective explored later on. I think it's inevitable the husband will eventually find her, but do you think it will be before jolex have had communication and started to try and fix things? Or do you think it could happen after they have cleared the air, and Alex is potentially understanding towards Jo and giving her another chance? Both could be interesting 

I have to say I absolutely love season 9 and 10 - 9 especially because you see the build up and even though it's the standard ~he falls for her without her realising trope its still written nicely and she's written as such a caring and good friend to him. Similar to the the way Meredith was before she came bitter over Derek. The derailment of Jo the character and The Jolex relationship has been a huge disappointment of the past two seasons but I guess that's for another thread. 

This is such a random question but are try giving Stephanie a storyline? She's the only character I've heard nothing about so far. I was wondering who we might get as Jos new mentor - Amelia could be in the running since Steph seems to blame her for Fez's death and could want off her services. 

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1

I would rather have no storyline like Jolex than the hatchet job they did on Jackson and April last season. Bogus restraining order? Pfft, no. April- I loved you, but you are dead to me now.

Stephanie needs a storyline, but if they never mention Fez again, it will be too soon. (And just once, I would like her and Jo to admit that they're crappy friends to each other. This will never happen.)

Who'd have thought that Alex would start the season with the most promising storyline. And it only took 13 years...

• Love 1

Yeah Jackson/April were wrecked last year - although on rewatch I don't think their love story was ever that promising. Nothing will ever beat the Calzona trashing. They were dessimated.

I like the Stephanie and Jo friendship in season 9 and some of season 10/11. They had nice moments last season but I think that the friendship also suffered due to the writers lack of interest in Jo and not knowing what to do with Steph. I wish they'd gotten development instead of forcing Maggie and Amelia on us. They were pretty promising in season 9.

id like to see that friendship get some more development in season 13 - probably won't hold my breath though.

Jo and Stephanie should go the way of Izzie and Cristina from back in the day and acknowledge that while they'd be there for each other if necessary, they're never going to be best friends and it's OK. 

I must say I really like how Maggie and Amelia have bonded. It felt spontaneous, organic and believeable, unlike they're respective relationships with Meredith. Amelia's obsession with Meredith's approval and validation is just unhealthy, while Maggie's connection with her feels somewhat forced and weird with her random "I love your kids so much!!!1" stuff. 

So not looking forward to the Jackson/April reunion. It's going to happen and everyone knows it, so they might as well pull it off in the first episode and be done with it. But yeah, they'll almost certainly drag it out for as long as possible. 

speculating next episode before I comment on the premiere....

Big surprise, Alex is the first person in the history of Grey's to actually have legal consequences for his actions.  I guess they had a courtroom set leftover from the Calzona custody battle might as well use it again :)

ETA: I saw the promo pics for 13x02 and Justin looks HOT in that suit. damn

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 6

I think its going to come out that the way Alex found Jo/DeLuca was a lot like how he found his mother/father prior to beating his father (who left and never returned).  We know Alex's dad was abusive and we know Alex fought him.  When Jimmy came to the hospital and Alex wouldn't talk to him he told Jo “The last time I saw his face I was punching him so hard I could’ve killed him, I’m just afraid I’ll pick up where I left off.” I don't recall the exact situation being described but they could use his past to be what triggered him to lost control the way he did.  If the judge orders any kind of psychiatric evaluation at any point during the proceedings (I have no idea if this is possible IRL but its GA where legal proceedings are never accurate) I can see it being written as the reason Alex would be sentenced (or take a plea) to mandated counseling/probation, etc.

I'm not excusing Alex, just speculating about the story.

ETA: Spoiler Room: Scoop on Agents of SHIELD, Grey's Anatomy, The Flash and more

Mer and Riggs on Grey’s Anatomy, please tell me it’s not over between them. — Yolanda
Despite an obvious attraction, Meredith will be keeping Riggs at arm’s length for the foreseeable future. “She really can’t betray her sister again, because the whole premiere episode about Alex being the one who beats up DeLuca is a betrayal because Meredith did not confide to Maggie that she knew who did it,” Ellen Pompeo says. “She can’t betray Maggie again, yet she’s finding herself in this triangle that Maggie for sure is going to see as a betrayal.”

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4

Is Meredith in the promo for next episode actually threatening Deluca? Maybe to drop the charges against Alex?

Why would Deluca ever do that?

How on earth does Meredith have the guts to threaten him?

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

An idea - maybe the ophthalmologist mentioned in this episode will be Arizona's new love interest? Nowadays they rarely even bother pretending there's more hospital staff than the same 10 people we see every week, so perhaps there's a reason why her name was brought up. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Joana said:

An idea - maybe the ophthalmologist mentioned in this episode will be Arizona's new love interest? Nowadays they rarely even bother pretending there's more hospital staff than the same 10 people we see every week, so perhaps there's a reason why her name was brought up. 

I noticed that, Jackson even said her name.

I've got a call into Jan Reger.

00:14:46,285 --> 00:14:47,552
She's great, but she's
in Whidbey Island, so...

Where is Whidbey Island? Is it not a part of Seattle?

The question is if Deluca has some problems with his eye after the surgery, Jan Reger may actually come to Greys. Ben said:

I'd be worried about rebleeds,
long-term vision loss.

Also how on earth can a plastic surgeon operate on an eye????!!!!  This hospital is a mess without at least the ophthalmologist assisting Jackson, poor Deluca and his sight.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, windsprints said:

If the judge orders any kind of psychiatric evaluation at any point during the proceedings (I have no idea if this is possible IRL but its GA where legal proceedings are never accurate) I can see it being written as the reason Alex would be sentenced (or take a plea) to mandated counseling/probation, etc.

I'm not excusing Alex, just speculating about the story.

I think it's about time Alex had a psychiatriic evaluation considering all the crap he's been through. I'm definitely not excusing him and will never condone violent behaviour, but the guys does carry a lot of negative history in him, from his childhood to his love life and being shot, plus his father's death recently. We never saw him deal properly with it, just shruggiing it off and moving on, a therapy wouldn't come too soon, and the extremely violent outburst he displayed just confirms it. Now, I wouldn't want him to get a "poor guy" treatment and DeLuca would be more than right to press charges. I hope he won't back down from it, Alexe needs to be judged for this.

I wonder how they'll deal with the actual sentence and make it just enough. I don't see the show going up to withdrawing his licence but you can't put what he did under the rug just because it is Alex.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I really dislike this triangle - it's not a triangle when Riggs doesn't reciprocate Maggies feelings. She's such a bloody child.

It is downright AWFUL. The whole triangle.

It reminds me of Season´s 6 gem - Cristina, Owen, Teddy. It went on from Episode 9 until the finale!!!!

I think this will be the same for this MMM mess. At least 16 episodes will do.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Coxfires said:

I think it's about time Alex had a psychiatriic evaluation considering all the crap he's been through. I'm definitely not excusing him and will never condone violent behaviour, but the guys does carry a lot of negative history in him, from his childhood to his love life and being shot, plus his father's death recently. We never saw him deal properly with it, just shruggiing it off and moving on, a therapy wouldn't come too soon, and the extremely violent outburst he displayed just confirms it. Now, I wouldn't want him to get a "poor guy" treatment and DeLuca would be more than right to press charges. I hope he won't back down from it, Alexe needs to be judged for this.

I wonder how they'll deal with the actual sentence and make it just enough. I don't see the show going up to withdrawing his licence but you can't put what he did under the rug just because it is Alex.

Alex is my favorite and I agree that what he did shouldn't get swept under the rug, it was horrific and even worse, he did it to a colleague and there was no call for it.  But, at the same time, I also don't want the writers to decide that after 12 years of nearly every single character doing career-ending things, that NOW they are going to draw a line and become realistic about consequences.  I also don't have any interest in seeing all of these ethically challenged doctors climbing up on their self-righteous high horses to look down at Alex.  Yes, it was extremely violent and it was against one of their own, but there aren't too many people in that hospital who have the complete moral high ground about anything.  It would be just love Alex getting suspended for having a relationship with a co-worker, when every other single person on the show did the exact same thing, with multiple partners all the time, with absolutely no repercussions.

I kind of want DeLuca to go ahead with pressing charges, so I don't want Alex to get lenience because of him.  But I'm not sure how else it will happen, unless Alex can convince the judge that he thought he was defending Jo.  But even then, it was overkill.  

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I really dislike this triangle - it's not a triangle when Riggs doesn't reciprocate Maggies feelings. She's such a bloody child.

I hate the whole idea of the triangle too.  Have ever since it was first hinted at last season.  But I don't blame Maggie.  I do think she is socially awkward and it is clear she never went through the regular adolescent rituals of dating.  So she has an air of real arrested development.  I mean she is super young and a head of a cardio, I think i read somewhere that she was basically a Dougie Howser.   So it isn't really a bad thing to be interested in someone and not know how to make your interest known.

But the real issue is Meredith, imo.  She is the one in possession of all the information.  She knows that Maggie likes Riggs, all she has to do is just freakin' tell Maggie that she and Riggs slept together.  Or maybe giving Riggs a heads up "by the way, Maggie has a little crush on you so this is kinda awkward here."  Withholding something so simple that could head off later complications is what really strikes me as childish. 

It would be so refreshing (so it probably won't happen) if when Maggie finally does learn about she says something like "well why didn't you just tell me you were involved with him?"

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I hate the whole idea of the triangle too.  Have ever since it was first hinted at last season.  But I don't blame Maggie.  I do think she is socially awkward and it is clear she never went through the regular adolescent rituals of dating.  So she has an air of real arrested development.  I mean she is super young and a head of a cardio, I think i read somewhere that she was basically a Dougie Howser.   So it isn't really a bad thing to be interested in someone and not know how to make your interest known.

But the real issue is Meredith, imo.  She is the one in possession of all the information.  She knows that Maggie likes Riggs, all she has to do is just freakin' tell Maggie that she and Riggs slept together.  Or maybe giving Riggs a heads up "by the way, Maggie has a little crush on you so this is kinda awkward here."  Withholding something so simple that could head off later complications is what really strikes me as childish. 

It would be so refreshing (so it probably won't happen) if when Maggie finally does learn about she says something like "well why didn't you just tell me you were involved with him?"

Preach it.

1 hour ago, Nobodysfan said:

Where is Whidbey Island? Is it not a part of Seattle?

No, it's an island in Puget Sound. It's not technically that far away but by car, its about a two hour drive from Seattle. It's not easy to get on and off that island, the only road on is through the north end. Or you can take a ferry to the south end but it takes just as long. I lived there for three years. 

• Love 1
Just now, kariyaki said:

No, it's an island in Puget Sound. It's not technically that far away but by car, its about a two hour drive from Seattle. It's not easy to get on and off that island, the only road on is through the north end. Or you can take a ferry to the south end but it takes just as long. I lived there for three years. 

Thanks.

I wanted to look on map but your answer is great.

• Love 1

There's nothing triangular about the Maggie, Mer and Riggs mess yet. Unless Riggs has done someone with Maggie we don't know about yet, it's two adults who seem to like each other, one hanger-on with a crush. How on earth do they stretch that into a storyline? At least Owen was genuinely conflicted about Teddy for a while.

Edited by flickers
  • Love 1