Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

I mentioned this in Phaedra's thread, but since it pertains to this episode....

The ladies who keep saying "win a case" may be referring to the upcoming trial with Angela Stanton that Phaedra has to deal with. Phaedra's deposition was less than forthcoming. She's got a lot on her mind with that, I think, rather than any past cases or what's happened to Apollo. It could blow her world upside down.

• Love 2

Claudia and Kenya did have personal life storylines.  We saw Claudia's toes.  We saw her furniture delivered.  We met her relatives.  We saw her at work.  Kenya in previous years had her workout thing, her surrogacy thing (as silly as it was), her relationship with Velvet.  

NeNe got us backstage at Cinderella, which was cool.  Greg went everywhere and she went to all the show outings, but we saw the younger son just once (on the NY trip) and didn't see the older one or the grandchild -- isn't that her personal life?  I get it - not everybody wants to participate, nor should they have to.  But did we even enter NeNe's house this season except to see her exclaim over how many lines she had in her script?  Having Gregg in tow in every scene doesn't = showing us your personal life.

• Love 1

My friend has crazy internet sleuthing skills and says he found out that Peter legit does have 24 cases against him, and Cynthia has some too. Basically no one affiliated with any of Peter's businesses or the Bailey Agency has been paid. (It's not a surprise to me at all that the Bailey Agency isn't turning a profit.) But when I Google, I just turn up that old $100K in back rent on Bar One from a year ago. Maybe one of y'all will have better luck?

(edited)

Wasn't the point of Nene's charity challenge a put your money where your mouth is kind of thing, because she didn't think Kenya had really made a donation to Saving Our Daughters (forgive me if this is the wrong name)? I don't remember the details but I feel like Nene had said something like if you have Trump checks than donate to the charity of your choice and I'll match it, implying Kenya was faking being a philanthropist. Time goes by and Nene publicly tweets Kenya hasn't donated. Kenya donates, radio silence. Kenya shows the receipts, and suddenly Nene is over it and when questioned on WWHL in 2014 begins this line of nonsense about how she'll match when she "feels like it", which has evolved into "when I get ready" and been twisted into this strange tale of making a mockery of charitable events, as though they're these hush hush operations where people donate in humble secrecy and not, y'know, huge star studded galas.

IMO she should donate $100,000 to Detroit Public Schools. It'd make a difference to needy kids and show up Kenya. Only Nene thinks she looks good by reneging on using her money to help at-risk youth, specifically underprivileged African Americans who could benefit in a very real way, because of a petty grudge. It's not that far away from Porsha's situation. If Porsha just said "While I felt physically threatened I do of course wish I had never resorted to violence and regret my actions that day, and I apologize for causing Kenya to suffer." Then Kenya is effectively out of ammo. The nonononono I do what I want and if you'd stop fucking up I wouldn't have to get pissed defense isn't doing them any favors.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 14

I have to disagree about going ape shit on my husband telling me a co-worker offered fellatio and going batshit crazy. If you know your husband has a history of lying then you would definitely have to seek out the person he said "offered" it to him and ask questions like an adult, like did you offer it, did you know he was married etc. etc. cause for me I'm not a violent person, last thing I wanna do is fight. If you know your spouse/significant other tells the truth, okay, but it's still best to investigate the story yourself.

I think people are very intuitive about their loved ones and significant others.  I know a lie when I hear one because I start questioning in my mind what was said and how it was said.

Phaedra is not a dummy.  She knew who she married and she is deflecting her anger at Apollo towards Kenya, IMO.  She thought that she could shape and mold him into a better man, but she could not.  We all think we can influence are loved ones to be better people ....as we define better people, but it does not work out that way at all.

She can call Kenya all the whores she wants and she can get arrested for assault, but nothing will ever change Apollo until HE wants to change.  Kenya being an instigator did not make Apollo a lying, cheating felon.  

• Love 12
(edited)

My friend has crazy internet sleuthing skills and says he found out that Peter legit does have 24 cases against him, and Cynthia has some too. Basically no one affiliated with any of Peter's businesses or the Bailey Agency has been paid. (It's not a surprise to me at all that the Bailey Agency isn't turning a profit.) But when I Google, I just turn up that old $100K in back rent on Bar One from a year ago. Maybe one of y'all will have better luck?

On another board I go to, a poster was able to confirm the cases against Peter and he/she screenshot the details of the cases. If Phaedra was lying or it was a case of mistaken identity (since Thomas is such a common last name), I feel like Peter would have said something on social media by now.

Edited by trimthatfat

Phaedra is a victim of "misogyny" and "dated thinking"? Umm, what? She is the chief promoter of both on the show in my opinion . . . or did the sneering about "you can't get a huzzbin'" and the pregnancy confabulism never happen? I think that salivating over an exotic dancer who's novelty act hinges on the fact that his member is so big that he can self-pleasure would fall under the Biblical prohibitions against "lust" (and, yes, that would apply to men, as well; however, Phaedra doesn't seem to have a problem with gender-selective applications of her moral outrage considering that Apollo's repeated on-air declarations that he "could have smashed that" - that being, you know, not an object but a woman - only incited her to up the vitriol against Kenya). Then again, Phaedra seems to have, well, little familiarity with the Bible since a) Mary Magdalene was not a "whore" and there is no textual evidence to suggest she was and b) the New Testament, as well as the story of Gomer, promote non-judgment of and love for prostitutes rather than attempting to humiliate women who *don't* have sex for money by leveraging that term against them. And, yes, when one presents oneself as such as proper, doctrinally punctilious, and generally pure woman that the thought of premarital sex gives you the vapors and compels you to concoct an elaborate fiction that contradicts basic tenets of gynecology and neonatal care . . . then, yup, leering over male strippers and exhibiting a Tourette's like propensity to indulge in vulgar slang is indeed rather incongruous, in my view . . . Everyone cites Kenya's insinuations at the season five reunion vis-a-vis the text messaging as evidence of her nefarious intent to embarrass Phaedra. If I recall correctly, however, she clarified in the next breath that all of the messages were "perfectly innocent" and stipulated that she had only asked "why do you keep texting me?" after Apollo had claimed he wanted nothing to do with her.

• Love 19

Thank you. Nene made a mockery of her marriage when she chose the almighty dollar over honoring her vows ("for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer"). The way she fancies herself and Gregg being the poster children for holy matrimony is fucking laughable.

And, I loved it when the idiot was ranting for the single ladies to be fired, she then added the "who aren't looking to date" part when it dawned on her that she was also advocating for her buddy Porsha (and possibly Phaedra) to lose her job. Oops.

Nene can spin it 'til the Ramen falls off her head, but refusing to cut a promised check to charity is a twunt move, period.

We've seen NeNe rant and I don't think that's what she did on WWHL. In fact, she spoke very calmly. And she didn't go "on and on" as someone else said. I also thought her comment on how it would be more interesting to have the single on the women in dating situations and looking for love was spot on and would be much more fun for the viewers and the married ladies. She could not have said it to save Porsha, because as has been noted here, apparently Porsha wasn't willing to share her dating life.

• Love 3

So married women can't look at strippers? What verse in the bible is that? Married men can look at strippers tho...? I'm so confused by this whole attempt at slut shaming with a touch of misogyny and dated thinking. 

At the reunion her first year Kenya insinuated the texts between her and Apollo were insidious; which is the difference between her flirting with Apollo and Nene flirting with Peter. She thought she was gonna imply an affair and intimidate Phaedra but instead she alienated a lot of the audience.  The fucked up part of this whole thing is nobody was ever a big fan of Phaedra's until Kenya picked a fight. Maybe if she'd stuck to fucking with Porsha she would have just got her assed thoroughly whooped instead called out on her bad behavior.

I'm guessing the one that says a woman that flirts - even inappropriately - is a whore, regardless of the absence of any actual sex?  There's no slut-shaming going on - at least not by me. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and reaching. Now Phaedra and her gang ... waalll....  outdated and misogynistic certainly describes them.

As for the rest, there's just always going to be a difference of opinion in how heinous a crime Kenya committed, and how that behavior is constantly conflated to justifying Porsha's lack of control. Nobody is changing anybody's mind about that.

At the reunion that year KENYA MOORE insinuated there was more to the texts than just a business deal so she brought the bullshit on herself. Phaedra might have side-eyed Apollo had Kenya not cosigned that something was going on.

Maybe we need a Gif of Kenya, her fan and fluttering lashes slyly saying "maybe he should stop texting me then".  I'm sure one can find a reason to hate Phaedra if they want but if Kenya hadn't started it "Moore Whore" wouldn't have become a thing.

Insinuations? LOL. Phaedra is trained to get facts. "Tell him to stop texting me" doesn't sound a thing like "put your dick in my mouth." At least not where I'm from.

Now it's my turn to be confused, that it's a-okay to call Kenya a whore, but any other commentary about questionable sexual behavior is slut-shaming. Isn't all that language the same?

I would think if Phaedra went into their relationship believing that Apollo was a lying liar who lies she wouldn't have married him.

Oh Phaedra was getting that man locked by hook or by crook. Emphasis on crook. And PHAEDRA is a lying liar who lies! Why should she bothered by Apollo? Does anyone REALLY believe she had no clue that he was up to things and wasn't making his money on the up and up? Really? And why do we keep pretending the last time was his first time in, not second - and pretending that Phaedra didn't know him the whole time from high school on? She didn't meet some poor former incarcerated person in church, learned about his record much later while they fed hungry children and homeless people together, and helped redeem him with her love. She picked him up at the gates, because she knew when he went in and when he was coming out. He was a recidivist. More than anyone she knew the risks. That's what her attorney friend was low-key saying when she asked why didn't Phaedra think this could happen.

Cynthia was never a doormat, but she was deferential. She didn't need to win every argument.  Now she needs to not lose -- which is slightly different.  And Porsha, Phaedra, and Nene are used to dumping on her, so having it all thrown off, back at their feet is what they're protesting. 

Blister, I couldn't quote but standing O to all of your post, but I especially liked that you pointed this out, I don't think I've seen this explanation/argument made yet. It makes perfect sense.

• Love 12

I'm guessing the one that says a woman that flirts - even inappropriately - is a whore, regardless of the absence of any actual sex?  There's no slut-shaming going on - at least not by me. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and reaching.

And blind allegiance doesn't change the fact that Kenya wanted people to think she and Apollo had slept together. No one is saying that flirting is wrong. However if associating with strippers is wrong then why do Kenya and Claudia so desperately want Nene's attention?  

The selective memory of Kenya's disciples is boring now. IMO selective memory is worse than lying as it's like your partner fucking in front of you and saying "Who you gon believe me or your lying eyes" Kenya's 1st and 2nd season on this show is available for rewatch and there's no getting around what is plain to the naked eye.

• Love 5

However if associating with strippers is wrong then why do Kenya and Claudia so desperately want Nene's attention?

Funniest thing I've read in this thread yet.

With that said, let's everyone be respectful of others' opinions and keep the snark directed at the players on the screen.

• Love 5

At the reunion her first year Kenya insinuated the texts between her and Apollo were insidious ... She thought she was gonna imply an affair and intimidate Phaedra but instead she alienated a lot of the audience.  

At the reunion that year KENYA MOORE insinuated there was more to the texts than just a business deal so she brought the bullshit on herself.

And blind allegiance doesn't change the fact that Kenya wanted people to think she and Apollo had slept together.

This has been asserted over and over for ages and I don't get it.  Can someone explain to me how Kenya mentioning that Apollo was texting her is somehow insinuating they had an affair?  To me it sounded like she was merely challenging Apollo's claim that he didn't want anything to do with her.  

"Tell him to stop texting me" doesn't sound a thing like "put your dick in my mouth." At least not where I'm from.

All I heard was "tell him to stop texting me" too.   Nothing about a dick going in anyone's mouth.  I am sure I would remember that.  My memory is not that selective, lol. 

Anyway ... the fact that Phaedra was willing to fall for Apollo's claims that Kenya's texts were sugggestive seems to be the result of her own insecurities about her marriage.  That's not Kenya's fault.  She didn't set out to mislead Phaedra, just shut Apollo down. Apollo is the one who spun the web of lies, solely intended to capitalize on his wife's fears.  A simultaneous burn to both Kenya and Phaedra.

But the truth is, Apollo could not have pulled it off without Phaedra's help.  She fell for it.  Couldn't wait to believe it, in fact.  She took it and ran.  Apollo played her like a fiddle.  

What a sad day when an educated, self-sufficient woman like Phaedra will allow herself - and her insecurities - to be used as some man's weapon to strike down another woman just because that woman stood up to him.  

And a thief isn't necessarily a liar.

Apollo Nida stole cars, created fake VIN numbers, and sold those cars to unsuspecting people = lies, lies, lies.  He went on to steal people's identities, drain their accounts, and forged documents to obtain fraudulent loans in their names. Lies, lies, lies.  If Apollo Nida isn't a LIAR I don't know who is.  

Phaedra was a fool to believe a word he spoke.  She can sit on the couch and claim she was cussing Kenya because of this and that flirting or whatever, but her treatment of Kenya is the result of being manipulated by Apollo, 100%.   Apollo played Phaedra by suggesting Kenya was after him sexually - that got him off the hook for texting her trying to do business, plus it made Phaedra madly jealous. It also accomplished putting Kenya in Phaedra's sights, revenge upon the woman who exposed him pursuing a business deal with Kenya behind his wife's back.  What a manipulative scumbag that man is, lol.  

But the really sad part of all this is that even when it was proven to be all lies, Phaedra refused to give it up.  She did the only thing that could have made her look stupider than falling for Apollo's lies to begin with - refuse to admit she had been lied to after Apollo admitted what he had done and there was outside independent corroboration of that fact.   Still sitting there on that couch calling Kenya a whore to this day. 

Pathetic.

• Love 21

What a sad day when an educated, self-sufficient woman like Phaedra will allow herself - and her insecurities - to be used as some man's weapon to strike down another woman just because that woman stood up to him.

This, a thousand times over. It's not just Phaedra, it's a lot of women we see on programs like this. And in real life.

• Love 12

Nene will learn.

No, she won't.  Whatever happened to that hat charity she had?  In the first or second season, she had a luncheon and "allegedly" raised $20,000.  Apparently, it was never registered as a legitimate charity.

I think Nene's biggest charity is herself… or making bail for Bryson. 

• Love 10

The ladies who keep saying "win a case" may be referring to the upcoming trial with Angela Stanton that Phaedra has to deal with. Phaedra's deposition was less than forthcoming. She's got a lot on her mind with that, I think, rather than any past cases or what's happened to Apollo. It could blow her world upside down.

It kills me that this was not brought up and discussed at the reunion!  Of course they probably didn't talk about it because it was never addressed on the show.  Which also bugs me.  Why was it not addressed on the show?!?!

To me this very REAL situation is a thousand times more interesting than any dumb rumor about Prince Chocolate or who the hell ever they were accusing Phaedra of hooking up with.  She has royally effed herself up with this whole Angela Stanton situation.  I agree, this could blow her world apart.  Phaedra may end up owing this woman a fortune between damages and legal fees.  And I could not be rooting against her any harder.  It burns me to see a lawyer behave the way Phaedra has, showing absolutely no respect for the legal process or the court.  And she was just stupid.  She never should have started this tangle with Stanton to start with ... her book would have gone silently into that good night and been forgotten.  Now look where Phaedra is.  Jury trial, all her business being aired out, old allegations re-hashed and publicized.  It will be damaging to what is left of her legal career and reputation.  More stories for her kids to be embarrassed by one day.  Not to mention potentially losing the case, which may very well happen.  

And she deserves every last bit of misery being heaped on her.  It sucks to have people exaggerate and tell outright lies about you, doesn't it Phaedra?  Lies that bring scorn upon you, cause people to talk trash to and about you.  Lies that mess with your business and ability to earn a living.  You know all that because it's exactly what you and Apollo did to Kenya, lol.  

What goes around comes around! 

• Love 4

It kills me that this was not brought up and discussed at the reunion! Of course they probably didn't talk about it because it was never addressed on the show. Which also bugs me. Why was it not addressed on the show?!?!

Probably for legal reasons. Phaedra is not able to talk about it, I would guess.

Probably for legal reasons. Phaedra is not able to talk about it, I would guess.

Grrrr! Then let the rest of them talk about it!  Isn't that the way on these shows? I remember Caroline and Jax discussing the hell outta Teresa Giudici's legal problems behind her back.  And even pressing her about it on camera when it was damn obvious Teresa did not want to talk about it.  

I would pay cash money to watch Kenya and Cynthia and Claudia dish about Pheadra's lawsuit and all the allegations swirling around her, if for no other reason than I know it would be making Phaedra go batshit crazy.  I wanna see how long she can keep up her Southern Belle schtick in the face of THAT.  She lunged across the table at someone for merely mentioning Prince Chocolate at that dinner.  She's flip the whole damn table over if someone brought up Angela Stanton, ™ Teresa Giudice style.  

I wanna see it.

• Love 3

NeNe couldn't have made herself look like a biggest ass with her non-donation.  She brings it up last year because she just looooooooved acting as though she is so fabulous she could drop 20K on charity.  Then when called upon it, she tries to act like it's gauche to post the check on social media.  She's just a complete fraud who is so insecure she can't take the slightest bit of criticism.  

And I will always love Kenya.  She's smart and funny.  Love Claudia too. Porscha can be so beautiful and yet she looked like a drag queen.

• Love 3

Grrrr! Then let the rest of them talk about it!  Isn't that the way on these shows? I remember Caroline and Jax discussing the hell outta Teresa Giudici's legal problems behind her back.  And even pressing her about it on camera when it was damn obvious Teresa did not want to talk about it.  

I would pay cash money to watch Kenya and Cynthia and Claudia dish about Pheadra's lawsuit and all the allegations swirling around her, if for no other reason than I know it would be making Phaedra go batshit crazy.  I wanna see how long she can keep up her Southern Belle schtick in the face of THAT.  She lunged across the table at someone for merely mentioning Prince Chocolate at that dinner.  She's flip the whole damn table over if someone brought up Angela Stanton, ™ Teresa Giudice style.  

I wanna see it.

Teresa made her legal situation fair game on the show by bringing it up herself, Phaedra has not spoken about the AS situation and that is the difference. All of these HWs basically agree to not use off camera incidents unless the HW in question brings "whatever" up first themselves. Should it be fair game on camera, Yes but only if it is relevant to the show itself IMO.

• Love 2

Teresa made her legal situation fair game on the show by bringing it up herself, Phaedra has not spoken about the AS situation and that is the difference.

Fair enough.  But I have a hard time believing Apollo's legal situation would have never been brought up on the show if Phaedra or Apollo had not mentioned it.  Once something reaches the stage of a cast member facing prison time, I would think typical rules of restraint go by the wayside.  Phaedra is not facing prison of course, but if she were ordered to make a significant payout in this civil case, I wonder if the situation will continue to be ignored.  

But you make a good point, Wirewrap - Phaedra has shown great restraint in not mentioning the case.  That may well be the reason the subject has not really been mentioned on the show.  If only she had shown that kind of restraint in dealing with Angela Stanton in the first place, she might not be facing the problems she has to face right now!

• Love 2

Phaedra is not facing prison of course, but if she were ordered to make a significant payout in this civil case, I wonder if the situation will continue to be ignored.

I think once the case has been to court and it's over, it can be discussed by anybody because it would be in the news. But since it's not yet "gone live" I believe everyone involved is probably being told by their respective counsel to keep their traps shut.

Sort of how Andy brought up Bryson to NeNe, and she shut it down. It had been reported in a lot of news articles about his troubles with the law, so it was public information.

• Love 1

Phaedra's kids.  Could they be any cuter?  I loved when Andy was facetiming with Ayden (I think that's who she spells his name right?).  He's so sweet and polite.  

• Love 9

It's weird that so many harp on Phaedra and Apollo's lies like Kenya didn't create a whole ass storyline around Walter.  Regardless of Apollo's lack of honesty, after a whole season of watching Kenya play make believe and also flirt with her husband, why wouldn't Phaedra believe what Apollo said?

I won't act like Kenya wasn't a trashy rude harpy, just because she isn't actually a whore.  It wasn't a huge jump to conclude she might actually be that way.

• Love 6

It's weird that so many harp on Phaedra and Apollo's lies like Kenya didn't create a whole ass storyline around Walter. Regardless of Apollo's lack of honesty, after a whole season of watching Kenya play make believe and also flirt with her husband, why wouldn't Phaedra believe what Apollo said?

I won't act like Kenya wasn't a trashy rude harpy, just because she isn't actually a whore. It wasn't a huge jump to conclude she might actually be that way.

People in glass houses. Phadrea and Apollo came on the show and started off with lies. Apollo was a "clean" man. Phadrea lied about her due date. Nene and Sharee pretended to be rich when they came on. Porsha was supposedly happily married. Most of the HW's came on the show playing make believe. I do think Kenya was the first woman Bravo hired to be an actress on the franchise and her real life wasn't suppose to be apart of the show.
  • Love 12
(edited)

howivesforever, it would be easier to list the people on this show who didn't come on here peddling a phony story or persona!   I think that list consists of exactly one person, DeShawn Snow.  And that is only because the poor dear had no idea her dream life was a sham, that her wonderful husband was a no good cheat who would go on to leave her when he knocked up his mistress.  

I think coming in a close second would be Cynthia.  She also seems a bit deluded about how great her husband is.  Her response to allegations about Peter at the reunion was nothing new.  But like DeShawn, she doesn't seem to be knowingly misleading people the way Nene, Sheree, Phaedra, Porsha etc have been doing.  

ugh it just occurred to me that there is always Kandi ... I always forget Kandi.  She is such a bleh to me I keep forgetting she exists. Yeah, she is the real deal.  She is also real boring, though, so who cares.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

I think we can all agree that there are many types of checks.  Personal checks, cashier's checks, Trump checks...  Bottom line is, Nene presented zero of these.  Kenya came up with 20 grand and passed it on to DPS.  I don't get all of the hair splitting. 

Rolling and spit out my wine with the Trump checks. Let's hope the Donald don't see that. That narcissist wind bag will be calling up the National Treasury tomorrow.

• Love 2

I do think Kenya was the first woman Bravo hired to be an actress on the franchise and her real life wasn't suppose to be apart of the show.

What does this mean this "wasn't supposed to be about her real life"?  Is she the only one who is an actress playing a part? Does everyone else know she is acting?  If so why does anyone film with her if she is acting and this is their real lives? And where did you get the information Bravo hired her to be an actress on this franchise?

Are there any other actresses on any of the other franchises whose real life isn't suppose to be a part of the show?

• Love 2
(edited)

I do think Kenya was the first woman Bravo hired to be an actress on the franchise and her real life wasn't suppose to be apart of the show.

So if she's an actress playing a part what difference does it make if Phaedra or anyone else calls her a whore? Julia Roberts didn't go home and cry after Pretty Woman...

BTW it's hilarious the contortions one must go to in order to make Kenya Moore a good guy--an actress playing a part indeed. So Nene's an actress too (not a great one) is she playing a part? 

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 5

People in glass houses. Phadrea and Apollo came on the show and started off with lies. Apollo was a "clean" man. Phadrea lied about her due date. Nene and Sharee pretended to be rich when they came on. Porsha was supposedly happily married. Most of the HW's came on the show playing make believe. I do think Kenya was the first woman Bravo hired to be an actress on the franchise and her real life wasn't suppose to be apart of the show.

Well, let' look at the suspects...  Phaedra called Apollo a clean man because he had no other children out there beside hers.  She is a Christian woman whose mother is a minister so like millions of other women in her posistion, she lied about her due date.  The running joke when i was coming up was counting the month that all those overly healthy "primies" were coming far less than the 9 months.

Both Nene and Sheree were in a position where they have a fabulous life by their standards by marrying someone they felt was indeed wealthy so their saying they were rich is what they really felt at the time

Porsha sincerely believed she had the perfect marriage until it all blew up

None of this was make believe to these women.  As far as Kenya is concerned; if this was just another acting gig, she wouldn't take to every type of social media to do damage control or trash the other cast mates.She also wouldn't act the exact same way on other shows.  But she has

The show may be manipulated but this still real life to all of these women.

• Love 5
(edited)

So if she's an actress playing a part what difference does it make if Phaedra or anyone else calls her a whore? Julia Roberts didn't go home and cry after Pretty Woman...

BTW it's hilarious the contortions one must go to in order to make Kenya Moore a good guy--an actress playing a part indeed. So Nene's an actress too (not a great one) is she playing a part?

I don't know how that turns her into the good guy because I think Bravo hired her to bring drama to the show. Love her or hate her she did her job. I think after Kenya's 1st season she began being more of herself.Nene just sucks as a person. She's just negative and nasty. I would take Kenya any day of the week over Nene. Kenya is smart, articulate and fun.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 3

It happens to any reality show on Bravo once it's a success after it's first season. They bring on people to "stir the pot", on purpose, because that's how Bravo operates. Eventually, they run the shows into the ground. I'm seeing it on a couple of other Bravo shows as well.

It was reported Claudia was hired specifically to go after NeNe and stir things up. She did just that. I can say that with hindsight being 20/20, that's exactly why Kenya was hired. Stir things up with Apollo and Phaedra. And she did the job she was hired to do.

They are also encouraged to go onto social media and keep the myth rolling. Which they do. It's in the contract, it's what they are paid to do. Which was why I laughed when NeNe filed cease & desists against Claudia and Kenya. Woman, take it up with your boss, Andy, and ask him why this is happening. I think NeNe knows full well what's going on, as we have seen her do the same thing with various people.

None of which has anything to do with this particular episode, but to point out that this is not reality. It's a scripted, producer-driven show which in my opinion has reached the bottom of the barrel and needs a revamp or needs to go away altogether.

Back to your regularly scheduled show discussion. :)

• Love 5
(edited)

Both Nene and Sheree were in a position where they have a fabulous life by their standards by marrying someone they felt was indeed wealthy so their saying they were rich is what they really felt at the time

Nene felt she had a fabulous life married to wealthy Gregg?  He was broke as a joke and she knew it.  He owed a fortune in back taxes, that big house was a rental (and they were evicted for non-payment), and her car got re-po'd from the Home Depot parking lot!  Remember that fake scene of her taking her son to get a brand new car in his graduation cap and gown, lol?!  The fake charity she pretended she had? They don't come any phonier than ol' Nene!  http://jezebel.com/5110249/4-out-of-5-real-housewives-of-atlanta-are-actually-broke

Poor Sheree had already been dumped by her husband by the time she started this show and she was not receiving any kind of alimony or child support according to her own self. All that money she seemed to be blowing on personal shoppers bringing her shoes, the fancy cars, the big parties she threw for herself, the billboard sized painting of her head ... that was all bought on spec based on that "seven figure lump sum" divorce settlement that she said was coming her way.  Last I heard of her, she was also having her Aston Martin re-po'd by her lawyer for non-payment of legal fees.  She was broke and she knew it the whole time.  Everything was a front from her, just the way it was with NeNe.  Total frauds, the both of em!

Porsha sincerely believed she had the perfect marriage until it all blew up

Porsha insinuated that Kordell physically abused her. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/04/29/porsha-williams-abuse-claims-kordell-stewart-physically-abused-her-kordell-denies/  She also claimed he wouldn't have sex with her and also implied he was gay. That sounds less than a perfect marriage to me.  Of course that didn't stop her from going around screeching about the convictions of being a wife, lol.  What an empty-headed little posuer.

Phaedra called Apollo a clean man because he had no other children out there beside hers. 

Yes, fortunately for Phaedra, Apollo had spent several years in the penitentiary.  So he managed to stay "clean."  It's hard to father children when you are in lockdown. 

Seriously, if Apollo was "clean" to her, I would hate to hear her definition of "dirty."

She is a Christian woman whose mother is a minister so like millions of other women in her posistion, she lied about her due date.

To me this may be the worst lie of all.  Phaedra seems to have been trying to represent herself as somewhat the chaste Christian lady, but that was total bullshit.  She was knocked up and had a shotgun wedding.  Talk about trying to be something you ain't.    She thought she was gonna fool people, but all she did was make a fool of herself trying to lie about dates, claiming her doctor wanted to force an uncooked baby out of her for no damn reason.  Insulted my intelligence and my Christian sensibilities.  Head Doctor, lol.  She's the biggest fake of all.

Kenya claiming she had a boyfriend she was thinking about marrying in order to justify her presence on a show about the lives of houseWIVES pales in comparison to this other stuff in my opinion. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 16

She thought she was gonna fool people, but all she did was make a fool of herself trying to lie about dates, claiming her doctor wanted to force an uncooked baby out of her for no damn reason.  Insulted my intelligence and my Christian sensibilities.  

The one thing I'll always love about the misinformation about the date is we got that extra piece of the puzzle to Kim "Wig" Zolciak...and she was at some point allegedly a nurse.

• Love 7
The running joke when i was coming up was counting the month that all those overly healthy "primies" were coming far less than the 9 months.

Where I come from it was "babies take 9 months -- except the first baby, which can come at any time."

• Love 7

IMHO, I do think Nene is playing a part.  Both she and Kenya (and probably 90% of reality show casts) are playing amplified versions of themselves.   So yes, the emotions and feelings are real.  But some of the things they do are plot or producer driven, and not choices they would make in real life.  Nene would never have the career that she's has outside of RHOA, if her true self acted the way she does on the show.  The real Nene must be far more humble and professional than what we see on TV.   If Kenya and NeNe did the types of things they do on the show, in real life, with real people, with no cameras around, they would both have received several beatdowns at some point in time.   

None of this was make believe to these women.  As far as Kenya is concerned; if this was just another acting gig, she wouldn't take to every type of social media to do damage control or trash the other cast mates.She also wouldn't act the exact same way on other shows.  But she has

Kenya played the RHOA version of herself on Celebrity Apprentice, because that was what she was hired to do.  Not necessarily because that was her real personality.  Similar to the original reality show villian, Omorosa.  Celebrity Apprentice always includes a few hired sabetours in the cast.   I haven't seen her in any other shows.

• Love 1

Phaedra is a victim of "misogyny" and "dated thinking"? Umm, what? She is the chief promoter of both on the show in my opinion . . . or did the sneering about "you can't get a huzzbin'" and the pregnancy confabulism never happen? I think that salivating over an exotic dancer who's novelty act hinges on the fact that his member is so big that he can self-pleasure would fall under the Biblical prohibitions against "lust" (and, yes, that would apply to men, as well; however, Phaedra doesn't seem to have a problem with gender-selective applications of her moral outrage considering that Apollo's repeated on-air declarations that he "could have smashed that" - that being, you know, not an object but a woman - only incited her to up the vitriol against Kenya). Then again, Phaedra seems to have, well, little familiarity with the Bible since a) Mary Magdalene was not a "whore" and there is no textual evidence to suggest she was and b) the New Testament, as well as the story of Gomer, promote non-judgment of and love for prostitutes rather than attempting to humiliate women who *don't* have sex for money by leveraging that term against them. And, yes, when one presents oneself as such as proper, doctrinally punctilious, and generally pure woman that the thought of premarital sex gives you the vapors and compels you to concoct an elaborate fiction that contradicts basic tenets of gynecology and neonatal care . . . then, yup, leering over male strippers and exhibiting a Tourette's like propensity to indulge in vulgar slang is indeed rather incongruous, in my view . . . Everyone cites Kenya's insinuations at the season five reunion vis-a-vis the text messaging as evidence of her nefarious intent to embarrass Phaedra. If I recall correctly, however, she clarified in the next breath that all of the messages were "perfectly innocent" and stipulated that she had only asked "why do you keep texting me?" after Apollo had claimed he wanted nothing to do with her.

Logic. Nice tactic. LOL.

And blind allegiance doesn't change the fact that Kenya wanted people to think she and Apollo had slept together. No one is saying that flirting is wrong. However if associating with strippers is wrong then why do Kenya and Claudia so desperately want Nene's attention?  

The selective memory of Kenya's disciples is boring now. IMO selective memory is worse than lying as it's like your partner fucking in front of you and saying "Who you gon believe me or your lying eyes" Kenya's 1st and 2nd season on this show is available for rewatch and there's no getting around what is plain to the naked eye.

It's amusing to think I'm so invested as to be a disciple; nothing could be further from the truth. I just call bullshit on the so-called gospel.  Ask five people who witnessed something what they saw. Rarely will you get five identical answers. It would be awfully arrogant to assume the other four are wrong.

Those who are so inclined can feel free to interpret her actions as the height of whoredom. I'll continue to view it as tacky at best, and trying too hard to make an impression at worst. Gonna decline that invite to re-watch tho; I have no issues with retention, just overly dramatic pearl clutching. 

Nene felt she had a fabulous life married to wealthy Gregg?  He was broke as a joke and she knew it.  He owed a fortune in back taxes, that big house was a rental (and they were evicted for non-payment), and her car got re-po'd from the Home Depot parking lot!  Remember that fake scene of her taking her son to get a brand new car in his graduation cap and gown, lol?!  The fake charity she pretended she had? They don't come any phonier than ol' Nene!  http://jezebel.com/5110249/4-out-of-5-real-housewives-of-atlanta-are-actually-broke

Poor Sheree had already been dumped by her husband by the time she started this show and she was not receiving any kind of alimony or child support according to her own self. All that money she seemed to be blowing on personal shoppers bringing her shoes, the fancy cars, the big parties she threw for herself, the billboard sized painting of her head ... that was all bought on spec based on that "seven figure lump sum" divorce settlement that she said was coming her way.  Last I heard of her, she was also having her Aston Martin re-po'd by her lawyer for non-payment of legal fees.  She was broke and she knew it the whole time.  Everything was a front from her, just the way it was with NeNe.  Total frauds, the both of em!

Porsha insinuated that Kordell physically abused her. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/04/29/porsha-williams-abuse-claims-kordell-stewart-physically-abused-her-kordell-denies/  She also claimed he wouldn't have sex with her and also implied he was gay. That sounds less than a perfect marriage to me.  Of course that didn't stop her from going around screeching about the convictions of being a wife, lol.  What an empty-headed little posuer.

Yes, fortunately for Phaedra, Apollo had spent several years in the penitentiary.  So he managed to stay "clean."  It's hard to father children when you are in lockdown. Seriously, if Apollo was "clean" to her, I would hate to hear her definition of "dirty."

To me this may be the worst lie of all.  Phaedra seems to have been trying to represent herself as somewhat the chaste Christian lady, but that was total bullshit.  She was knocked up and had a shotgun wedding.  Talk about trying to be something you ain't.    She thought she was gonna fool people, but all she did was make a fool of herself trying to lie about dates, claiming her doctor wanted to force an uncooked baby out of her for no damn reason.  Insulted my intelligence and my Christian sensibilities.  Head Doctor, lol.  She's the biggest fake of all.

Kenya claiming she had a boyfriend she was thinking about marrying in order to justify her presence on a show about the lives of houseWIVES pales in comparison to this other stuff in my opinion. 

Celia Rubenstein, you are KILLING it.  One post after another, girl.

• Love 7
(edited)

Fair enough.  But I have a hard time believing Apollo's legal situation would have never been brought up on the show if Phaedra or Apollo had not mentioned it.  Once something reaches the stage of a cast member facing prison time, I would think typical rules of restraint go by the wayside.  Phaedra is not facing prison of course, but if she were ordered to make a significant payout in this civil case, I wonder if the situation will continue to be ignored.  

But you make a good point, Wirewrap - Phaedra has shown great restraint in not mentioning the case.  That may well be the reason the subject has not really been mentioned on the show.  If only she had shown that kind of restraint in dealing with Angela Stanton in the first place, she might not be facing the problems she has to face right now!

At some point, all the HWs on all the HW shows agree to keep certain things off camera with few exceptions. I do not fault any HW for that, something's need to be kept private.

I don't know how that turns her into the good guy because I think Bravo hired her to bring drama to the show. Love her or hate her she did her job. I think after Kenya's 1st season she began being more of herself.Nene just sucks as a person. She's just negative and nasty. I would take Kenya any day of the week over Nene. Kenya is smart, articulate and fun.

I disagree, IMO, just mine, I find more things in common between Kenya and Nene than not. Their upbringings are similar, their desperate need to be seen/viewed as top dog/bitch, their need to be heard, their need to be revered/loved and their incredible drive to better themselves. They may have different approaches but at their core, they are more alike than not and I can not stand either at this point. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
At some point, all the HWs on all the HW shows agree to keep certain things off camera with few exceptions. I do not fault any HW for that, something's need to be kept private.

I think the main rule is that kids are to be left out of things in all cases.  For example, if you follow the gossip blogs etc it seems Nene has a growing brood of grandchildren whom she may or may not have a relationship with.  Luann's daughter got thrown out of school for that video showing her exhibiting some questionable behavior and language.  One of the wives on another franchise has a child who is rumored to have serious psychiatric problems.

All that is fine with me.  These kids didn't sign up for this show and start dishing shit out to people bringing drama on themselves like say, the Manzo kids or Jax's daughter Asshley did. 

But some of the things the actual housewives seemed to want to keep offscreen just get too big and boiled over though. Kim Richards' alcoholism, Taylor Armstrong's domestic violence situation... both were supposed to be secret but eventually made it to air. In Taylor's case they actually mentioned the fact that they were all supposed to be keeping it secret.  

It remains to be seen how big this Angela Stanton case will get.  But I don't think anyone is going to continue ignoring it should Phaedra find herself on the losing end of a big case, one that is centered around assertions she was a criminal mastermind.  Right now nothing has been proven, but if dirt comes out in that case that incriminates Phaedra, I don't think there is any way the entire cast will continue keeping the lid on. 

• Love 1

If that case does go wrong for Phaedra, you just know Bravo will want to include it in the show somehow. Phaedra may quit, or have to quit, but they won't let a sleeping dog like that just lie there under the porch without calling it out to howl.

• Love 2

I think the main rule is that kids are to be left out of things in all cases.  For example, if you follow the gossip blogs etc it seems Nene has a growing brood of grandchildren whom she may or may not have a relationship with.  Luann's daughter got thrown out of school for that video showing her exhibiting some questionable behavior and language.  One of the wives on another franchise has a child who is rumored to have serious psychiatric problems.

All that is fine with me.  These kids didn't sign up for this show and start dishing shit out to people bringing drama on themselves like say, the Manzo kids or Jax's daughter Asshley did. 

But some of the things the actual housewives seemed to want to keep offscreen just get too big and boiled over though. Kim Richards' alcoholism, Taylor Armstrong's domestic violence situation... both were supposed to be secret but eventually made it to air. In Taylor's case they actually mentioned the fact that they were all supposed to be keeping it secret.  

It remains to be seen how big this Angela Stanton case will get.  But I don't think anyone is going to continue ignoring it should Phaedra find herself on the losing end of a big case, one that is centered around assertions she was a criminal mastermind.  Right now nothing has been proven, but if dirt comes out in that case that incriminates Phaedra, I don't think there is any way the entire cast will continue keeping the lid on. 

Again, I think it will depend on the HWs themselves. LisaV lost a big lawsuit and no mention was made on the show, even by Brandi. Both Kim's addictions and Taylor's DA problems came out in the heat of a fight/argument and were things the others were worried about (life threatening). Also, I think it will depend on what any of the others may have to hide themselves, lawsuits of their own, if they are willing to have their skeletons exposed in retaliation because we know that will happen!

• Love 1
(edited)

Greg Leakes: "I'm a man's man."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 11
(edited)

Now it's my turn to be confused, that it's a-okay to call Kenya a whore, but any other commentary about questionable sexual behavior is slut-shaming. Isn't all that language the same?

There's a goddamn stripper on the show so to question Phaedra's morals for associating with Ridickulous is hypocritical IMO and the only point I was trying to make. I've never understood the bruhaha over Phaedra lying about her due date since there's been bigger lies told on this show before and since--ahem She by Sheree, Chateau Sheree, Peter is a bidness man, Greg is a bidness man, I have a boyfriend named Walter...just sayin.

BTW I do think Phaedra is dead wrong and a bad friend to Kandi but due to the nastiness from the coven that is Cynthia, Kenya and Claudia we'll never see that friendship repaired.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson

I've never understood the bruhaha over Phaedra lying about her due date since there's been bigger lies told on this show before and since

It may not have been the biggest lie, but it was the best lie.  It was so transparently untrue and just funny. Like she thought people were just complete idiots. Claiming to a table full of women who had all given birth (one of them a nurse) that the doctor was going to induce her at 34 weeks just for the hell of it  (when Kim Zolciak uses scientific information to shoot you down, you've made a grave error in your calculations).  And she just refused to give up, no matter what people said.  

The best was when she struggled to convince her delivery doctor she was not full term and that big babies just ran in the family, claiming Apollo had weighed 8 pounds when he was born 3 months early.  When I remember Sheree's talking head ("bitch, you don't know when you got knocked up?") it still makes me laugh.

• Love 12

when Kim Zolciak uses scientific information to shoot you down, you've made a grave error in your calculations

I just spit kittens. :)

I will never forget that party. Phaedra had what looked like pieces of toilet paper rolled up in her hair, when she was dancing with Dwight.

I miss Dwight.

• Love 6

BTW I do think Phaedra is dead wrong and a bad friend to Kandi but due to the nastiness from the coven that is Cynthia, Kenya and Claudia we'll never see that friendship repaired.

I don't see how Kenya, Cynthia, and Claudia have anything to do with Kandi and Phaedra's friendship. 

I think Phaedra's problem with Kandi is her perception that Kandi (and Todd) were too much on Apollo's side. I wonder if maybe Phaedra thinks that the real reason Kandi was blowing her off. And Kandi's problem with Phaedra seems to be due to Phaedra talking to NeNe about her, and also being so self-centered making everything about herself when Kandi was going through her own dramas.  

When Phaedra and Kandi were discussing their problems, I barely heard a peep out of Cynthia, Kenya, or Claudia. Kandi may have been seated on their couch but she hardly seems like part of their "side." Their behavior might be off-putting to Phaedra in general but she has no reason to let it effect her feelings about Kandi.

Actually, the one who was accused of trying to keep Phaedra from being friends with Kandi was Porsha.  Cynthia admitted she was the one who claimed that.    I tend to zone out when Porsha is on the screen (I find her quite useless)  so I have no idea what Porsha did that makes Cynthia believe this of her.

I miss Dwight.

Me too! Did you know he got himself a new nose? Apparently he went on "Botched" http://starcasm.net/archives/314532

• Love 2

o me this may be the worst lie of all.  Phaedra seems to have been trying to represent herself as somewhat the chaste Christian lady, but that was total bullshit.  She was knocked up and had a shotgun wedding.  Talk about trying to be something you ain't.    She thought she was

So if Kenya is playing a part and doesn't reflect her real life. Is it a stretch to say Phaedra is playing the part of a Christian Lady? I still don't get the Kenya was hired to play a part, she can lie about everything and everybody because she is playing a part? and the other cast members can't sue her ass or Bravos. 

• Love 3

Phaedra is playing the part of "Christian Lady" in her life, not on the show.

It's obvious she married Apollo because she got pregnant.  Preacher's Kids don't just pop out babies without a husband. It just isn't done.

You get married, lie about your due date so it doesn't look like a shotgun wedding, and commit to the lie.

• Love 7