Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

(edited)
I just wonder who the hayull is caring for her kid when she's out at all these parties and events… how many "working moms" do YOU know who are out at social events most nights of the week?

I'm going to guess she has some sort of assistant or nanny or something.  She must, right?  After all, someone is taking the videos.   But seriously, I do know many working moms that have social obligations more than once a week, generally important to networking and their careers or their husband's and it's probably at least doubly important to those in show business.    I get your point @GoldDustWoman but I just think there is enough about Sherri to snark on besides being a working mother.  No one ever seems to question working dads about the time away from their children. 

Today (7/15) on the show Sherri talked about wearing a swimsuit for parents day at Jeffery's camp.  She claimed she went to Target herself and bought it especially for that purpose because the invitation said, "bring your swimsuit" which is the same as "wear one instead of clothes" to Sherri.  Then she showed the Twitterpic posted upthread.  She noted that she was the only one in a swimsuit as was noted by just looking at the pic.  Oh Sherri. 

I don't know anything about raising dogs so I will defer to @Medicine Crow and others on that.  I do know that Sherri doesn't bother with finding out about anything before just plunging in though - so at the very least she is (again) guilty of not doing her research. Not surprising to me in the least. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I hope that dog is trained to within an inch of its life. The cane corso, like most powerful and dominant working breeds, is not an appropriate choice for anyone unable to exert complete control over it. That's also why I never have anything bigger than a cocker spaniel. :)

Thank you, you said it better than I did in my earlier post. Even Jack Russell Terriers have been known to attack infants and kill them. Happened twice in Phoenix while I was there.

The Cane Corso is a working breed that needs a job. They learn their jobs through training. Otherwise they can become confused and fear-aggressive. Like any dominant personality dog, they can be trained to use their alpha traits in positive ways. I would never throw or push my dog out in the rain. If there is no other choice, I put on the old raincoat and leash him up and out we go. Because most dogs I've ever known and have had love to go out for a walk and don't care if it is raining. That was what I mean by having control over your dog if it needs to go out and it's raining. You have to suck it up, cover your hair, and clothes and use an umbrella. I've had many dogs and that's what you have to do. Or, establish a pee and poop spot in your garage for emergencies that they know they can use.

I am always concerned for children around poorly trained dogs.

• Love 4

I'm going to guess she has some sort of assistant or nanny or something.  She must, right?  After all, someone is taking the videos.   But seriously, I do know many working moms that have social obligations more than once a week, generally important to networking and their careers or their husband's and it's probably at least doubly important to those in show business.    I get your point @GoldDustWoman but I just think there is enough about Sherri to snark on besides being a working mother.  No one ever seems to question working dads about the time away from their children. 

Today (7/15) on the show Sherri talked about wearing a swimsuit for parents day at Jeffery's camp.  She claimed she went to Target herself and bought it especially for that purpose because the invitation said, "bring your swimsuit" which is the same as "wear one instead of clothes" to Sherri.  Then she showed the Twitterpic posted upthread.  She noted that she was the only one in a swimsuit as was noted by just looking at the pic.  Oh Sherri. 

I don't know anything about raising dogs so I will defer to @Medicine Crow and others on that.  I do know that Sherri doesn't bother with finding out about anything before just plunging in though - so at the very least she is (again) guilty of not doing her research. Not surprising to me in the least. 

Right, Cosmo, BUT she knew ALL ABOUT the Cane Corso when "they" bought the dog for an obscene amount of money!!  (Guess she glossed over the part where training is discussed!!)

I've never been a Mom, much less a single one, so I don't comment on her time with or without her boy.

Thank you, you said it better than I did in my earlier post. Even Jack Russell Terriers have been known to attack infants and kill them. Happened twice in Phoenix while I was there.

The Cane Corso is a working breed that needs a job. They learn their jobs through training. Otherwise they can become confused and fear-aggressive. Like any dominant personality dog, they can be trained to use their alpha traits in positive ways. I would never throw or push my dog out in the rain. If there is no other choice, I put on the old raincoat and leash him up and out we go. Because most dogs I've ever known and have had love to go out for a walk and don't care if it is raining. That was what I mean by having control over your dog if it needs to go out and it's raining. You have to suck it up, cover your hair, and clothes and use an umbrella. I've had many dogs and that's what you have to do. Or, establish a pee and poop spot in your garage for emergencies that they know they can use.

Totally agree!!!  I've walked my dogs in the rain & snow & only quit when they did.  (Cold paws.)

• Love 2

Right, Cosmo, BUT she knew ALL ABOUT the Cane Corso when "they" bought the dog for an obscene amount of money!!  (Guess she glossed over the part where training is discussed!!)

Thanks @Medicine Crow.  I guess I wasn't paying attention when she said that.  I knew it had to be an expensive, maybe "status" breed since she mostly referred to the dog as a Cane Corso rather than it's name even "my dog."    Kind of like referring to a spendy designer handbag by brand rather than just 'purse'.  As in, "Please hand me my Hermes Birkin" when "grab my bag for me" would do.  Or even better:  "I parked my car in the front lot"  becomes  "I parked my Mercedes S-Class in the front lot."  

• Love 7

Word, Maryis1 !   Everyone should be concerned around poorly-trained dogs.   Haven't we heard, "He/She has never hurt anyone in his life," way too many times when hearing about a tragedy?  Socialization is an important word when dealing with a powerful dog.  That and constant reinforcement of the original training...but make it fun and easy on everyone.

• Love 3

Everyone should be concerned around poorly-trained dogs.

I agree.  And I'm always concerned about the dog too because, when something goes wrong, the authorities often consider it necessary to euthanize the dog.

Sherri Shepherd does not strike me as being mature & responsible enough to take proper care of a dog (or a child, for that matter).  I'm sorry for both her dog & her son.

• Love 4

I'm pretty positive Lexi went to obedience school, but I don't know if that training holds if Sherri doesn't stay in the alpha role, if she ever was.  I know German Shepherds very well, but nothing about Cane Corsos

I have a friend who loves dogs but is inconsistent with training and over rewards with treats to "stop bad behavior".  She means well but is a poor owner.

She  got an older (5 yrs) golden retriever about 2 yrs ago.  The dog was calm and beautifully trained - never jumped up on people never barked w/o provocation, never on the furniture etc.

All those good behaviors are gone due to an inconsistent owner.

Dogs are not that different from anyone - give them an inch and they will take a mile.  Consistency applies in parenting, ,managing employees and handling animals.

My understanding is that the Cane Corso breed is very smart - this dog is not under control by a dominant owner and I do foresee trouble ahead, hopefully no one is hurt.

Just my opinion of course, but it would be better for the dog and Sherri if she gave it back to the breeder for retraining and adoption by an appropriate owner.

• Love 4
(edited)

I take your point, and maybe I should have been more articulate in making mine.  Sherri's activities seem to take her out of state a lot, or she's got wall to wall events throughout most weekends…  Traveling is something different than coming home every night and that's what I was commenting on.

I would also add that with everything that's happened with Sal, (he hasn't been gone that long what, since April? May?) a child like Jeffrey might need/benefit from some stability to understand mom isn't leaving just because Sal has left.  A little more mom time might make sense for him, but I'm just speculating of course.  But it does for me at least add to the impression that her judgement is a little off.  ymmv

Edited by GoldDustWoman
  • Love 3

Insight.  Class.  Judgment.  Decorum.  Style.  Intellect.  Role Model.  Inquisitive.  Tolerant.  Knowledgeable.  Educable.   What other words can I NOT associate with Sherri Shepherd?

Just my opinion of course, but it would be better for the dog and Sherri if she gave it back to the breeder for retraining and adoption by an appropriate owner.

...and a reputable breeder would take her back if she's decently behaved.

"Elite" is a euphemism, right?

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know why this is sticking with me, Jeffrey MADE Sherri wear just her bathing suit the whole time, he MADE her, LOL!

Personally , if parents were asked to bring bathing suits to swim at parent's day, I'd wear mine under my clothes until I was going to get in the pool/lake whatever.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5

I don't know why this is sticking with me, Jeffrey MADE Sherri wear just her bathing suit the whole time, he MADE her, LOL!

Personally , if parents were asked to bring bathing suits to swim at parent's day, I'd wear mine under my clothes until I was going to get in the pool/lake whatever.

I can't believe Sherri found a swimsuit that fit her at Target. I am well-endowed, but still smaller than Sherri, and the Target in my area carries nothing but flimsy swimsuit tops and tiny bottoms. 

Sherri has said over and over she does not swim, can't swim. Even had a lesson or two several years ago. Wearing beach-wear would have been sufficient, and changing back into the clothes she wore there after the pool part.

Why does she have to make drama out of every little thing....and make it all about HER as well?

• Love 5
I don't know why this is sticking with me, Jeffrey MADE Sherri wear just her bathing suit the whole time, he MADE her, LOL!

Maybe, Ginger90, Jeffrey should do or say whatever worked on the swimsuit...to get his mother to stay home some nights and just have nice, easy, quiet times at home with him.  No selfies.  No visitors.  Nothing to brag about via Instagram...just what most parents and children do every day.

• Love 3

But her job is making appearances - that seems to be her main source of income now. If she was getting acting jobs on Blue Bloods, she wouldn't have had to do all these 'fests.'

I think as long as Jenny can keep her assets perky, she'll have a much longer shelf-life. Sherri, not so much.

• Love 2

"I think as long as Jenny can keep her assets perky, she'll have a much longer shelf-life. Sherri, not so much."

I think of Jenny as a journeyman personality. She's been in the public eye for quite a while. I see that she will be having a weekly show on XM Sirius radio. That's probably what she was referring to on the day she announced her leaving the View. I don't see how it could be labeled competition as she put it but I think it was a point of pride of sorts that she mentioned it. It sucks to be fired and I can't imagine having it happen in the publc eye. I think she saw it as some sort of face-saving comment.

Why does she have to make drama out of every little thing....and make it all about HER as well?

And then Whoopi suggested or implied that Sherri was the better mother because she wore the swimsuit and the other parents didn't. Oh and that Jeffrey would love her more because of it.

Eye. Roll.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sal's been in NJ, probably waiting for the surrogate to have the baby. The idiot thinks when he goes back to LA with a newborn his life is going to be all about "wine, women, and song". Yeah, okay, good luck with that:

Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  8h
Raining everyday I been in New Jersey.  LA here I come!  Wine, women and song!
Edited by LuckyBitch
Sal @SalfromtheD  ·  8h

Raining everyday I been in New Jersey.  LA here I come!  Wine, women and song

Wow.  What does Sal think?  Having a baby is one big party?  If I had to guess I would say Sal is going to try to make a deal with Sherri.  He will give her custody in exchange for a  huge settlement.  I honestly cannot see a man who seemed to have contributed very little to helping raising Jeffrey want to take care of a newborn.  Sadly I think this baby was simply an ends to a mean for Sal.  And although I think Sherri is a complete moron I do think the baby would be better off with her than Sal.

Sal's been in NJ, probably waiting for the surrogate to have the baby. The idiot thinks when he goes back to LA with a newborn his life is going to be all about "wine, women, and song". Yeah, okay, good luck with that:

Gah he's such an ass.

Makes me wonder what Sherri saw in him. UGH.

Makes me wonder what Sherri saw in him. UGH.

He was a man who was willing to be her husband.  Seriously.  That seemed to be the only two requirements it took for Sherri to say I do.

• Love 5

if Sherri takes the little one, she's still bound to the lunkhead because he's the biological father.  I think Lamar Jr. will be better off with a family who loves and wants him for himself.  Poor little guy -- not yet born and he already has a job.

• Love 4

What happened to FICO scores?

I think her desire for a man with a good FICO score was overruled by her desire for something else.

I don't think Sherri had men beating a path to her door.  She "dated" that pro wrestler for like a minute but I think that was just for publicity.  I truly believe Sherri would have married any man who asked.  She places her value as a woman in having a man.  If I was a betting person I would place money on there being a husband #3 within 2 years of her divorce being finalized.  I'm sure Sherri would argue Jeffrey needs a father figure in his life as her reasoning for wanting a husband.  But Jeffrey has a father figure in his life. His FATHER.  And she is doing Jeffrey no favors by having a husband/father figure who IMO was a piss poor role model for a young boy.

• Love 5

Just started watching today's show and I'm here already!! Sherri's entrance WTH? Then she says she was doing RESEARCH which made her have to run up the stairs, making her out of breath at the table? She seemed to recover though, and quickly.

• Love 5

I had a major nightmare last night that Donnie Walberg persuaded the producers of Blue Bloods to hire Sherri. So there she was, on each week as a whore aka cop working vice..................good typecasting but God help us if she ever got a major role like that....trouble is sicker things have really happened..........

• Love 1
(edited)

I had a major nightmare last night that Donnie Walberg persuaded the producers of Blue Bloods to hire Sherri.

When it was announced that Sherri and Jenny were leaving the show there were a bunch tweets suggesting they were pairing up. Sherri tweeted, along with a picture of the three of them, that Donnie takes care of his women. At that point I figured something like your nightmare would happen. She needs to move on and make success for herself and not ride on someone else, imo.

ETA this: http://instagram.com/p/puwyuFoLv6/

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

• In the discussion of the vandalism at Taylor Swift's BEAUTIFUL mansion, Sherri just told me and you. "It just shows you that you can be book smart (tapping her temple) but not life smart.  You have no common sense."    I'm so confused; which one is Sherri?

And...she has 100-pound Lexi who will KILL you if you go into her house.  That should end all our questions--here we thought that perhaps Lexi wasn't trained.  Guess she is!   

What was that with The Breastesses Shake during Sherri's "breathless" entry?   And finally...

Just how many times today are they going to say RESEARCH?  Are they trying to convinced themselves...or us? 

Gettin' fancy with posting options.

• Love 7

• In the discussion of the vandalism at Taylor Swift's BEAUTIFUL mansion, Sherri just told me and you. "It just shows you that you can be book smart (tapping her temple) but not life smart.  You have no common sense."    I'm so confused; which one is Sherri?
  • And...she has 100-pound Lexi who will KILL you if you go into her house.  That should end all our questions--here we thought that perhaps Lexi wasn't trained.  Guess she is!   
  • What was that with The Breastesses Shake during Sherri's "breathless" entry?   And finally...
  • Just how many times today are they going to say RESEARCH?  Are they trying to convinced themselves...or us? 
  • Gettin' fancy with posting options.

I need to watch the show again and pay attention again

I'm not gonna watch the show till the new season starts up in September, but love reading up on what's going on here. Sounds like they got a stern talking to when Sherri let slip that they didn't have time to do research/homework so now, in defense, they need to refer to all the research they are doing on a daily basis LOL. I just hope this mandate doesn't carry over into the new season with cohosts required to put graphs and charts up on that back wall to defend and support their decisions!!

Actually, that annoying background photo wall will probably be gone in September and a more likeable theme song will have been adopted.

• Love 2

Yeah, to everything, CathinAZ.   Those pornographic background pictures should have been taken down the minute Sunny Hostin alerted us to the dangers of babies in swimsuits!   Sherri spilled the beans that they don't have time to research and then pretended(?) to be late and breathless because she was "doing research."  Methinks her Zumba contract has run out; otherwise, why would she be breathless.  I understand she wouldn't want to attend classes unless compensated.

• Love 5
(edited)

Actually, that annoying background photo wall will probably be gone in September and a more likeable theme song will have been adopted.

Did you forget what show we are talking about? -They may be gone but I'm sure the show's new ideas won't be any better!

Edited by springtime
What's the deal with Sherri's hair? I know she has pieces in there, but it doesn't look quite right.

JonesingJay, maybe going swimming (although I doubt she really did) had some negative affect on her new weave.

• OR...her contract with the wig company is in discussions and she'll show 'em how much business suffers when she doesn't were 3-4 different wigs every day on The View and Twitter.  She'll stick with the fabulous weave.
  • OR...maybe she met some new man who does NOT like wigs and let it be known.   I love to speculate.
  • Love 3
(edited)

According to Sherri's twitter, she's going to be on QVC again in September. However, she doesn't actually say what she will be selling. I find that a bit strange. I wonder how many companies will want her as a spokesperson, now that she's done on The View. I haven't seen any mention of Rocco or Zumba in quite a while. After the last few days she certainly won't be asked by Apple, or Comcast!!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

JonesingJay, maybe going swimming (although I doubt she really did) had some negative affect on her new weave.

• OR...her contract with the wig company is in discussions and she'll show 'em how much business suffers when she doesn't were 3-4 different wigs every day on The View and Twitter.  She'll stick with the fabulous weave.
  • OR...maybe she met some new man who does NOT like wigs and let it be known.   I love to speculate.

And you also love using those bullet points!

• Love 1

Research?   Riiiiigggghhhhtt.  Sure. B.S., pure and simple.

If they had done research, they could have found out the racial stats of men who shot cops, rather than just criticizing the idiot newsman who made the claim that it was young black men without fathers.  Morons, you too, Whoops.

• Love 1

young black men without fathers.

The fact that Sherri commented on this "as a single mother" got me. First, she's not actually single. Second Jeffrey's father IS in the picture. The single mother crap of hers is old and very tired. I'd like to see her last a week as a single mother that I have in mind. She does know there are more reasons women are single mothers, besides divorce, right??

That reporter is an ass.

• Love 4

Oh Jesus is Sherri still trotting out that "As a single mom" shit again?  My definition of a single mom is a woman who's children do NOT have a father in their life.  Sherri has been and will be again once her divorce is final, a single woman but she is NOT a single mom.

• Love 8

Sherri is married!   Wouldn't it be nice to hear something like others* have said, like she couldn't do her job if she didn't have household help and someone special who loves and cares for Jeffrey? If she would show gratitude and humility, she would garner some respect.  She probably feels like a single mom...but maybe she should speak to some of her friends and relatives who DO NOT make millions (not even close) of dollars.

*Amy Poehler and Tina Fey to name two.

• Love 3