Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: I Love New Work

Season 2 begins with reality star Tiffany "New York" Pollard asking the doctors to fix her botched boobs. Also: They meet a transgender woman whose face was filled with cement; and Paul reconstructs a severely burned chin.

I'm watching the marathon and all I can say is unless you have to due to a medical reason, don't get breast implants. They are awful. WTF? Real breasts all the way small, large, saggy are beautiful naturally!

• Love 5

Sorry, I love IZombie more.

I tuned in to watch the second half, only to see a lame surgery-themed ripoff of Fashion Police with RuPaul and Dr Dubrow. No, thanks!

That was a horrible show.  Dubrow is really a fame whore.

I don't know that TIffany (NY) was botched as much as she went too large with the implants and probably didn't wear a bra.  I wish they sucked out the fat pocket that was just in front of her left underarm.

The transgender (Rajee?) - those black market injections are tragic.

Glad the woman with the chin implant / ski graft was happy with her new chin.

• Love 1

I find it so weird that nipples are the thing that make breasts obscene for network television, well women's breasts anyway, apparently men's nipples aren't erotic at all, to anyone, as far as the censors are concerned.

• Love 5

I admit to being broken-hearted that they could not help Rajee, the transgender woman. She is so incredibly lovely and has such a great spirit ... Hopefully being a beautiful person inside will be enough ... She needs her own show! She'd be a great talk show host or something ... 

• Love 9

I admit to being broken-hearted that they could not help Rajee, the transgender woman. She is so incredibly lovely and has such a great spirit ... Hopefully being a beautiful person inside will be enough ... She needs her own show! She'd be a great talk show host or something ... 

Surely they could have done something to help her!

• Love 3

I CANNOT STAND "New York" and really hate she was given more airtime, as I find her faker than fake and generally repellant. I'm not sure what she's done since her show, however long ago that was, but she said she has "offers" now. M'kay. Fixing her nose didn't make her sound any less nasal when she talked.

• Love 6

They said it was too risky because of the industrial grade silicone - it could damage a nerve or fragment off and go into the bloodstream.  Very scary.

• Love 2

Really disappointed that they didn't help the transgender woman.

Me, too, but I could see the doctor's point.   Imagine the amount of cutting and realignment it would take to give her breasts of a reasonable dimension for her size and with nipples in the correct places.    They were right, she'd be better off removing that stretched tissue entirely.  I was surprised, however, that they didn't talk her into that with the next step after healing being the placement of moderate sized implants.  Maybe the skin wouldn't take that.   I could also see their point about the location of the nodules, but wondered why they didn't at least do a facelift to pull the cheeks and chin back into place.  Maybe the danger of breaking those nodules and creating infection was too great.

I CANNOT STAND "New York" and really hate she was given more airtime, as I find her faker than fake and generally repellant. I'm not sure what she's done since her show, however long ago that was, but she said she has "offers" now. M'kay. Fixing her nose didn't make her sound any less nasal when she talked.

Oh my God I HATE her so much too! What a horrible fake annoying fame whore! She ruined this episode. I loved the trans woman and I was so sorry they couldn't help her. She was so charming sweet and genuine, unlike New York. Ugh. She is horrid. I felt so bad for the woman with the chin and the burned face. She did look better after the surgery, but still so scarred. I have a couple tiny scars on my forehead from a nasty bout with poison ivy last summer that I had been freaking out over. This woman's story really puts it in perspective. Oh, and the second half of the show with Ru Paul- horrible, horrible, horrible! What were they thinking?

Edited by Momof2boyz

I find it so weird that nipples are the thing that make breasts obscene for network television, well women's breasts anyway, apparently men's nipples aren't erotic at all, to anyone, as far as the censors are concerned.

The most amazing thing along those lines I've seen on a plastic surgery show was a trans woman getting implants, and they didn't start blurring out her nipples until the implants were in. Apparently the network thought they were male nipples to that point.

• Love 5

Unfortunately no.  Priscilla Presley had the same non medical grade fillers and she is a mess, too.  Not as much so the last time I saw her but it gets worse over time.  She went to a doctor who used to be on TV a lot.  He has disappeared!  That low grade silicone bonds with your tissue tightly and impossible to remove and keep the blood supply to the area. They would have necrosis  

After recently watching a marathon of boob implant disasters I saw 2 movies.  One with Meg Ryan and the other with Maura Tierney.   Both have very small breasts and looked beautiful.  They looked comfortable and very sexy.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
After recently watching a marathon of boob implant disasters I saw 2 movies.  One with Meg Ryan and the other with Maura Tierney.   Both have very small breasts and looked beautiful.

I'm surprised you could even see Meg Ryan's boobs past her ginormous overdone lips.

• Love 3

I'm surprised you could even see Meg Ryan's boobs past her ginormous overdone lips.

Oh my God, watching Kate & Leopold I could not think of anything except "What the hell did she do to her face?" (and, to be honest, "how shitty is this movie that it's making Hugh Jackman unattractive?").  When she denied plastic surgery it's like, "lady, you're not a radio star, we have eyes."

• Love 2

Oh my God, watching Kate & Leopold I could not think of anything except "What the hell did she do to her face?" (and, to be honest, "how shitty is this movie that it's making Hugh Jackman unattractive?").  When she denied plastic surgery it's like, "lady, you're not a radio star, we have eyes."

Lip injections are not plastic surgery, they are a procedure.   No cutting, just a needle.  That is why many get away with denying any surgery.   Cagey if they do not clarify, but true. 

Lip injections are not plastic surgery, they are a procedure.   No cutting, just a needle.  That is why many get away with denying any surgery.   Cagey if they do not clarify, but true. 

Whatever happened to her nose involved a knife.

Whatever happened to her nose involved a knife.

Her nose looks exactly the same.  I posted, then deleted a link on FB because my page comes up, of course!  I didn't realize in was FB.  It is her lips.  Her eyes have not been done and there is no evidence of fillers.  You will have to google  Meg Ryan and plastic surgery to come up with the 3 shots of her over the years on FB.   

Edited by wings707

After recently watching a marathon of boob implant disasters I saw 2 movies.  One with Meg Ryan and the other with Maura Tierney.   Both have very small breasts and looked beautiful.

I watched Liar Liar a few days ago, too. I've always thought Maura Tierney was such a natural beauty. I hope she doesn't go the Hollywood route and alter her looks for the industry. I haven't seen anything that suggests she's had work done.

I watched Liar Liar a few days ago, too. I've always thought Maura Tierney was such a natural beauty. I hope she doesn't go the Hollywood route and alter her looks for the industry. I haven't seen anything that suggests she's had work done.

Me too.  I cannot remember where I first saw her but I immediately was taken by her beauty.  

Many celebs have good work done but we don't know it because it is not obvious.  Fillers are the most obvious when overly done.  Terrible. 

Jane Fonda looks fabulous and she has had a face lift but clearly nothing else.  A good nip and tuck is a fabulous thing! 

I've always thought Maura Tierney was such a natural beauty. I hope she doesn't go the Hollywood route and alter her looks for the industry. I haven't seen anything that suggests she's had work done.

Well, she recently survived breast cancer so anything she DID have done would have to be in the wake of that.  

Mr Rat and I were both jumping and wincing at the coming attractions for this season.  Seems they've really been able to cast some spectacular plastic surgery disasters after season one, I'd guess because Botched is a surprisingly educational show (especially for the E! channel) and not the point-and-laugh show I kind of thought it was going to be.  The sympathetic treatment of Rajee is a good example, although I also really wished they could have done SOMETHING for her, for her face at least.