Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers

• Start Topic

I still think the boot list is correct, but why on god's green earth does Spencer have 8 more confessionals (at last count) than the next person? Are we all supposed to be that captivated with The Spencer Show? Or is Jeremy that boring? I mean, isn't this the point in the season when the winner becomes the de facto narrator? Either Spencer received far and away the most votes to return and so the editors feel they have to feature him more heavily than the winner to please the public, or Jeremy's confessionals are like Bill Belichick's press conferences: he just frowns and says "It is what it is" a lot.

Or there's a third, more unsavory option having to do with Spencer looking more like the prototypical Survivor winner, but I'd like to think the show isn't that stupid.

It wouldn't be the first time a person has gotten little screen time (or started the season with an unfavorable edit) only to end up winning the whole thing.  The ep title for next week ("My Wheels Are Spinning") could apply to Jeremy, and that could be the episode that we finally start see him dominating the game and coming out of the woodwork to get the winners arc with 2 episodes to go.  Something could happen the previous episode (maybe that complicated TC we've been hearing about) that either almost gets Jeremy out, but he plays the idol, or gets out one of his allies.  It is quite possible, too, that Joe gets booted, and then like last season, people suddenly turn on the next big target.  At any rate, I think Jeremy's arc is coming, if he is the winner.  He's either going to suddenly be an underdog or shown as the ultimate puppet master.  Spencer's edit reminds me of Survivor's version of The Wonder Years-more coming of age and growing up than playing a winning worthy game.  Spencer, like Joe, are among the most popular players this season, and likely in Survivor history.  I can see why we've gotten tons of confessionals with them, and nothing of people like Kimmi, Keith, etc.  Except when it's relevant to the game.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I can't. Spencer's confessionals bore me to tears, and it looks like he's going to spend most of the game floating. Even if he starts doing major work from now on, he hasn't earned what he's been getting. Spencer may have been one of the favorites entering the game, but it's not like other players can't become popular if they do more work.

I don't think we necessarily need more of Keith since it sounds like he and Wigle aren't going to do much of anything in the game, but I am upset that we're not getting more Jeremy and Tasha. Actually, I'm a little on the fence about Jeremy because the edit is still at least very clear about how influential Jeremy is being and how well Jeremy's playing. But Tasha's been rendered invisible since Angkor (with the brief exception of the Kass boot), but Tasha's one of the people everyone believes is running the show. We should be seeing more of her, either in confessionals or group scenes. 

I also think we should be getting a little more of Kimmi, assuming the bootlist is correct that she's f6. Stephen/Spencer/Savage have so many repetitious confessionals. Surely, we could have a single confessional where Kimmi sums up her game plan (like the one that's currently a bonus clip) instead of one of those.

• Love 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_2fbqzwWEfM

Sneak peek for tomorrow.  Nothing here except footage of the IC.  Stephen looks very determined when he brings up the advantage.  I'm guessing no one that could physically beat Stephen (like Jeremy and Joe) jump in.

I hope he goes home because of this. I'm hoping someone surprising wins immunity, like Ciera or Kelley. I'm tired of Joe winning everything because he knows he sucks at the game. It's boring. Let someone else win. 

Edited by bdestroyer88

I still think there's a chance Stephen's bumbling edit keeps up, and he bumbles his way out of the game without ever making a big move (or waiting too long and it backfires).  Right now I see him as important to Jeremy, but nothing more than just a number in that alliance.  I don't see him having a big impact, tbh.  But we shall see!

Hes at least surpassed Rob C's all star appearance which is what we all thought was his ceiling. Meaning that we thought he would be one of the first 5 boots like Rob C. I was surprised he wasn't.

• Love 1

Joe's having a viewing party tomorrow. I hope it's his boot episode. I don't want the three witches going anywhere. 

I like Joe so I hope he isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he'd be having a viewing party the night he gets booted.  Plus, Joe mentioned in his twitter that he was going out of town from Thursday-Sunday.  Not to say he couldn't do press from elsewhere, but seems kind odd.  I'm sticking with Ciera.  Hoping it is Fishbach (I just want Joe outlasting him).  If we get a surprise then Kelly Wigles, Kimmi, Abi, or Wentworth.

• Love 1

I like Joe so I hope he isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he'd be having a viewing party the night he gets booted.  Plus, Joe mentioned in his twitter that he was going out of town from Thursday-Sunday.  Not to say he couldn't do press from elsewhere, but seems kind odd.  I'm sticking with Ciera.  Hoping it is Fishbach (I just want Joe outlasting him).  If we get a surprise then Kelly Wigles, Kimmi, Abi, or Wentworth.

I'm thinking Ciera or Kimmi. I just see Stephen lasting slightly longer though no complaints if he does go. I think the pizza party ad eliminates wentworth from booting contention.

Actually many survivors have viewing parties the night they get booted. Monica had one this season when she got axed.

Well, Vytas got bumped during the premiere so not sure if I count that (a lot of Survivors have/attend premiere parties even if they are booted).  As for Monica, maybe it was so her friends could have some proof she was actually on the show?  Plus they went out for I believe it was Abi's birthday after the fact, so maybe that was connected.  Anyway, I'm not thinking Joe goes, but that also goes along with wishful thinking.  I just think there'd be more build up with Stephen still there, even if Stephen has no role in Joe getting booted other than writing his name down.  Besides, I don't want to think there's any real chance it'll be Wentworth, and since she's having a viewing party, I like to think she wouldn't be having one if she was getting sacked.  Unless she goes out in spectacular fashion.  She's pretty far down on the bootlist, though.  Still thinking it'll be someone predictable, or at least someone that was not slated to make the final 6.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Well, Vytas got bumped during the premiere so not sure if I count that (a lot of Survivors have/attend premiere parties even if they are booted).  As for Monica, maybe it was so her friends could have some proof she was actually on the show?  Plus they went out for I believe it was Abi's birthday after the fact, so maybe that was connected.  Anyway, I'm not thinking Joe goes, but that also goes along with wishful thinking.  I just think there'd be more build up with Stephen still there, even if Stephen has no role in Joe getting booted other than writing his name down.  Besides, I don't want to think there's any real chance it'll be Wentworth, and since she's having a viewing party, I like to think she wouldn't be having one if she was getting sacked.  Unless she goes out in spectacular fashion.  She's pretty far down on the bootlist, though.  Still thinking it'll be someone predictable, or at least someone that was not slated to make the final 6.  

Wentworth's party is December 2nd. I think she's safe till then.

• Love 1

Of the 3 girls Wentworth is the biggest threat, challenge wise and even without an idol is playing hard and I think everyone knows that.  So if one of the 3 girls  goes I think it would be Wentworth especially after that last move. 

Would you have a watch party on your boot episode?  IDK but it might make more sense then to wait till after you've been voted out? 

Of the big alliance its hard to say

if you take immunity out the equation who's on the bottom? 

If Stephen is calling Kimmi and Jeremy family that seems to speak to some sort of sub alliance? 

Joe seems to be sort of on the outs but it depends on when Jeremy doesn't feel the need for a meat shield anymore

That leaves Wigglesworth and Spencer.  Spencer is a potentially bigger threat - it seems like not going after the biggest threats first is always a mistake - always emotional voting - like Jeremy has a soft spot for Spencer?

leaving Wigglesworth

I personally would love to see Kimmi go.  I don't really "know" her very well but I didn't like the clam conversation and she seems like one of those women who.....IDK how to get into it without a long paragraph explaining but likes men better than women if you know what I mean.  I'm a hetero who likes women and sisterhood.

She doesn't seem to be doing anything except having been lucky enough to pair up with Jeremy?  Coat tailer.

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1

Weighing all the 'evidence' I think tonight one of the 'obvious' targets goes home. With a episode that has both a RC and IC and a story line that seemingly is going to address the weather finally turning bad, I don't think that there will be enough time to feature any 'new' explanation for who is going home. If Joe loses IC and Stephen finally gets his chance to eliminate him, that will have been a completion of a story arc. If Ciera goes then it is just because she is the obvious target of the majority alliance. Maybe even Stephen since he seemingly fights for and/or gets the IC advantage in the RC but I don't think he would taunt his detractors in his tweet if tonight is the night. And an outside chance that it is Kimmi. Anyone else would be a surprise. Just my two cents.

• Love 2

Other then the facebook thing is there anything that even remotely signals a Kimmi boot? I guess she got some camera time last week but even that seemed like a way to compare her approach to the reward with Ciera's. I can't see the boot being anybody other then Stephen, Joe or Ciera.

If I'm wrong I would like some barbeque on my crow please.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think it's Stephen, Ciera, or Joe. I'm hoping it's Stephen, and I'm expecting it to be Ciera. Assuming the f6 is accurate, I don't think Joe can go before Stephen because I don't see how all of Abi, Kelley, and Spencer would make it to f6 over Stephen without there being a Joe motivated action to vote out Stephen.

The only thing I've seen about Stephen making a move is him saying he was finally going to do it.  Now, maybe they figured it would be obvious if they mentioned in the description that Stephen essentially takes out Joe.  But I don't know, I just feel like there might be a bigger build to this if Stephen took out Joe (unless he doesn't make any big, orchestrated blindside to take him out).

The only thing I've seen about Stephen making a move is him saying he was finally going to do it.  Now, maybe they figured it would be obvious if they mentioned in the description that Stephen essentially takes out Joe.  But I don't know, I just feel like there might be a bigger build to this if Stephen took out Joe (unless he doesn't make any big, orchestrated blindside to take him out).

How more built up does this Stephen/Joe thing need to be, Jesus Christ... They've been building it up since episode 2. I think that's sufficient enough. 

• Love 1

How more built up does this Stephen/Joe thing need to be, Jesus Christ... They've been building it up since episode 2. I think that's sufficient enough. 

There were hints of the Fish/Joe rivalry even in E1.

I think it's Ciera tonite. Hoping for a Joe boot bc he bores me.

I would think that, if Stephen made his big move on getting Joe out tonight, there'd be something more in the promos and teasers and ep descriptions out there.  It's been a big angle (the only angle) of Stephen's story all season, getting Joe, and never having the chance.  I know it is possible they aren't alluding to it anywhere because it'll be obvious who they are talking about (like the 3 women someone dubs 'the witches coven' in the description).  But everything so far, even Jeff's boring teaser, indicates it'll probably be a predictable boot.  I'm sticking with Ciera.  I'd love for it to be Stephen, Kimmi, Tasha, even Jeremy at this point to turn the game on its head.  And really, Joe is a predictable boot, too, if he loses.  It'd be more shocking to see him stick around.  Still, I won't rule out a Joe boot, as there isn't anything to indicate he makes the top 6.  Ciera's my pick, but I think it could be Joe or Stephen.  I won't rule out Wigles, either, but it seems really odd she would go.  I guess if she suddenly gets a ton of screen time that'll be an indication she's going. 

Also, I'm hoping the second idol Jeremy finds is one that was planted.  I really don't want to see him of all people have two.

Edited by LadyChatts

Just an aside, but I don't like how CBS frames the three women outside of the alliance as "Witches". Back in Caramoan, Malcolm and his 2 sidekicks were fondly called Three Amigos. Now, because it's women and they're trying to stir the pot, so to speak, they're referred to as Witches. I thought we're past that, CBS.

Makes me cheer harder for them that they indeed hopefully stir and spew crap and upend the majority alliance.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1

CBS typically plucks a line of dialogue spoken by the cast for the title of each episode. Just like Keith's line "you call, we'll haul" became an episode title, someone on the cast refers to a "witches coven." MAYBE EVEN THE WOMEN THEMSELVES, or maybe not. So before jumping all over production, let's wait and see how the line plays out. I think it would be cool if the women used it to refer to themselves.

• Love 1

CBS typically plucks a line of dialogue spoken by the cast for the title of each episode. Just like Keith's line "you call, we'll haul" became an episode title, someone on the cast refers to a "witches coven." MAYBE EVEN THE WOMEN THEMSELVES, or maybe not. So before jumping all over production, let's wait and see how the line plays out. I think it would be cool if the women used it to refer to themselves.

I was referring to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/Survivor_Tweet/status/667071087168081921

Wentworth already got her dig in

I like Kelley's suggestion of 'Three Amigas'.  I'm not really offended by that.  I wish it meant we were leading to the second coming of the black widow brigade.  Kass mentioned something in an interview about Tasha bringing the hatchet down on a vote, and I wondered if it was in regards to the girls trying to rally together to take the men down, but Tasha wouldn't go along with it.  Might be what Monica meant when she said Kimmi would be sorry for not keeping her around.  Anyway, someone on the show refers to them as the 'witches coven'.  It's their story that the three are on the outs but trying to create drama and get people to wake up and flip.  My guess is they won't be successful, but I won't be surprised if TPTB play it up like Ciera or whoever has a shot and gets booted (may be like the Hali boot last season, where they think they have numbers, but discover they don't at tribal). 

I volunteer Wednesday nights and can't watch until Thursday nights.  Dying to see how the episode goes down and will check in when I get back!

Meanwhile...just a thought. Assuming the "evolution of relationship" building is true, and assuming it is true that Probst said it began last Tribal Council, then we will certainly see more tonight (one episode does not an evolution make).

My guess...Joe wins immunity.  Jeremy, Stephen, Kimmie stay strong and unite to vote out a non-shield type.  Cierra is a good choice because she is a troublemaker from a strategy standpoint.  The remainders take out Stephen with Joe's prodding.

I wonder if the evolution of strategy maybe is that Joe loses immunity, but somehow he and Stephen come together and work through a couple of boots.  Maybe Stephen uses this advantage to save Joe, but that of course backfires on Stephen at the next vote (and Joe follows when he loses immunity again).  Very unlikely, but Joe losing immunity and seeming like the easy vote is a great time for a blindside if you can make it happen.  Everyone will think Joe is going.  It isn't likely, but just a thought to throw out there.  I don't really see the alliance sticking together as being an evolution, nor do I see anything about relationships we've seen thus far be anything we haven't seen before.  Since Joe might be on the fence, if he wins immunity, maybe Jeremy and the gang try to test his allegiance by saying they are voting for someone to see if he votes for that person (like Mike did last season with Will and Shirin).

• Love 1

I wonder if the evolution of strategy maybe is that Joe loses immunity, but somehow he and Stephen come together and work through a couple of boots.  Maybe Stephen uses this advantage to save Joe, but that of course backfires on Stephen at the next vote (and Joe follows when he loses immunity again).  Very unlikely, but Joe losing immunity and seeming like the easy vote is a great time for a blindside if you can make it happen.  Everyone will think Joe is going.  It isn't likely, but just a thought to throw out there.  I don't really see the alliance sticking together as being an evolution, nor do I see anything about relationships we've seen thus far be anything we haven't seen before.  Since Joe might be on the fence, if he wins immunity, maybe Jeremy and the gang try to test his allegiance by saying they are voting for someone to see if he votes for that person (like Mike did last season with Will and Shirin).

I think the smarter move for Stephen would be to work with Joe - not against him.  Joe is just too popular at this juncture.  Sometimes loyalty works against people.  Stephen, Jeremy, and Kimmi might be good examples.

I think the smarter move for Stephen would be to work with Joe - not against him.  Joe is just too popular at this juncture.  Sometimes loyalty works against people.  Stephen, Jeremy, and Kimmi might be good examples.

Define "too popular"? Except for Savage (who is now gone) noone wanted to go to the end with him.

If he really had sway dues to his popularity, Fish would have been gone last week like he wanted.

I followed ur link and I dont see her reply. What does she say?
She, Abi, and Ciera are going to town on CBS for that crap. There's too much on all three of their Twitters to link to, but to summarize they've pointed out why it was a jawdroppingly inappropriate image to tweet and already moved on to reclaiming the insult (Wentworth started the hashtag #BossWitches and they've done some fun gifs).

I am praying that their relative lightheartedness means that Stephen's out this ep and the Witches' Coven moves on for another 3 days. 

I just want something big to happen.  I'm not hopeful, but I my wish is that CBS is purposely holding back to really shock everyone.  Spoilers are out there and they know it, and obviously they've been guilty giving stuff away in promos, teasers, sneak peeks, pics, and descriptions this season.  So that's why a teeny part of me is preparing and wishing for something big to happen to shake the game up.  As the boot list stands now, if it holds up and that's the final 6, it seems obvious that Jeremy's core held together, and somehow Kelley and Abi defied the odds to get in there.  Stephen and Joe boots could easily be explained, my guess is Kelly Wigles get idoled out, and Keith probably goes for being a nice guy challenge threat (or is idoled out).  Why Abi and Wentworth would survive until then I don't know, unless Wentworth goes on an IC and Abi is seen as either a goat or easy fodder to vote off down the road.

And I love Joe, but it would be nice to see someone else win IC.  I really wish they would bring back a variety for IC and not just endurance.  They are easy, but for someone like Joe, this challenge tonight seems very much in his wheelhouse.  Fortunately Kelly is also a yoga guru so maybe that will benefit her, too.

I say Ciera, too.  She has been obnoxious at TCs.  You always stop to take a burr off your socks while hiking, they don't hurt but are damned annoying.  No reason to keep her around. 

• Love 1

I don't know that they would hype a Kimmi boot, but I'm still going with Ciera as well.  Maybe it isn't as predictable as she just gets voted out, maybe someone plays an idol and that gets her.

They just named Jeremy and Kelly Wigs winner candidates in the reward trip. That could lead to the Kelley Wigs boot.

Also I was right Jeremy finds the idol

I wonder if it's a vote split or Kelly gets idoled out.  She just seems like such a random choice to boot, unless she does something between now and whenever that is (and TPTB will have to give her something if it isn't an idol play or vote split).  Even people voted off said she wasn't doing much behind the scenes except playing camp provider.

Could it be Jeremy plays an idol on Ciera to save her and try to use that to dispute her claims that he's running things, she's at the bottom, and still keep the target on her for the next vote?  Kind of boring Jeremy found the second idol, but at least he looked for it.  Makes me wonder, since this is the second season in a row where people thought there were no idols, if we'll get a season like that down the road.  Everyone's looking, maybe even plant fake clues around camp, but don't provide any idols.

Edited by LadyChatts

More Kelly talk this might be happening lol. Now shes close with Joe. So random to just mention her all of a sudden.

That's what happened with Monica.  That might be it, she gets close with Joe and they see that as a threat.  Joe might be able to get the numbers to topple Jeremy and crew.  She was next on the bootlist after Stephen, right?

I wonder if it's a vote split or Kelly gets idoled out.  She just seems like such a random choice to boot, unless she does something between now and whenever that is (and TPTB will have to give her something if it isn't an idol play or vote split).  Even people voted off said she wasn't doing much behind the scenes except playing camp provider.

Could it be Jeremy plays an idol on Ciera to save her and try to use that to dispute her claims that he's running things, she's at the bottom, and still keep the target on her for the next vote?  Kind of boring Jeremy found the second idol, but at least he looked for it.  Makes me wonder, since this is the second season in a row where people thought there were no idols, if we'll get a season like that down the road.  Everyone's looking, maybe even plant fake clues around camp, but don't provide any idols.

That Ciera save might happen its defitnely a possibility I would like to see an old school season however I don't think we will until they do an all winners season.

That's what happened with Monica.  That might be it, she gets close with Joe and they see that as a threat.  Joe might be able to get the numbers to topple Jeremy and crew.  She was next on the bootlist after Stephen, right?

Yea Stephen Kelly Ciera Andrew was the order

That Ciera save might happen its defitnely a possibility I would like to see an old school season however I don't think we will until they do an all winners season.

I don't want Kelly or Ciera to go, but Ciera's been way more interesting to watch.  Besides, I would love to see the look on everyone's faces if Jeremy does that.  And he'd still have a second idol, which people may not realize.  I really wish they had kept up with hiding the idols at challenges.  It makes it boring hiding them around camp.

Since Joe won immunity, I'm sticking with Ciera, possibly Kelly who has suddenly come to life, or Stephen.

Edited by LadyChatts

Hmm are we in for a shock and Kimmi gets the boot?  Really, I want the boot list to be right on the one hand, not right just to really shake the game up.  Somehow, I think the final 3 could be right, possibly Stephen instead of Spencer if Kimmi goes tonight and the boot list goes to heck.

Boot list back on track. Stephen controlled the boot and he can steal a vote. From bumbling idiot to the guy with an advantage and controls the blindside. What a weird edit.

Thats a pretty good advantage I think. I mean you are basically saying to someone sorry your vote is invalid tonight and I'm voting again instead. That could be huge. Also whats that ball thing next week? Sitting out immunity ?

Now if we go in the bootlist order next would be Ciera which would now be weird since The Stephen Jeremy Spencer side just aligned with the witches.

Edited by anthonyd46

If Ciera goes next week than I'm guessing Stephen ends up going when Savage was supposed to, maybe Joe (could be Joe follows Ciera, then Stephen).  Since it was close to order, that could be how he gets Joe out, with the advantage.  Maybe he turns on Jeremy and gets idoled out.  Somehow I don't think Stephen's bumbling edit is completely gone.  I have a feeling, with all his talk about outlasting the golden boy, Jeremy is going to be his executioner.

I would calm down with speculation guys. You've all proven to be wrong multiple times, like today. That said, the Ep. 10 title is "Like Selling Your Soul To The Devil", which COULD mean that Tasha's villainous arc begins and she takes out Stephen.

Edited by bdestroyer88
  • Love 1