Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: IRL

How long will it take for Kelsey to dump her horny boyfriend and get with the Swedish author?

Didn't the Swedish author say something about a wife?  I think she should dump the boyfriend, but not for a married guy.

I read somewhere that the critics said the series got better and better, and so far it's true.

I hope Liza and her boss develop a great rapport.  I like all the main female characters (well, I haven't decided on Hilary Duff yet.)

I think my favorite storyline was the purse and the gay catfish.

Same here. I like that Diana softened toward him.

East Side Story is such a great album. Josh has good taste.

I also liked when Liza was rehearsing how to tell Josh she was 40 and said she was 14 instead: "You're under arrest." Hee.

• Love 2

I think my favorite storyline was the purse and the gay catfish.

I really enjoyed the Diana storyline too. She was really funny this episode, especially when Liza was helping her messaging that guy on line. Anyone remember any of her lines? I remember laughing at quite a few of them and her delivery.

(edited)

I liked the Diane storyline from beginning to end, from her stern original profile picture to deciding to let the high school kid hold her bag and then asking if she wanted him to take a picture of him with it. I don't want her to be the cliche cold clueless older career woman without a love life, but it was nice to see her and Liza IMing the guy together and getting excited about his responses. Hopefully this will be the beginning of more of a friendship between the two of them.

I'm not crazy about Debi Mazar but I love that she totally has Liza's back. Loved that when they ran into LIza's ex, Maggie's reaction was to ask him if he was still banging the blackjack dealer. That is definitely a best friend thing to do.

Didn't the Swedish author say something about a wife?  I think she should dump the boyfriend, but not for a married guy.

Yes, when she said her boyfriend was texting her, the author said his wife was texting him. I would love for her to dump her jackwad boyfriend based solely upon his terrible text.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

It cracked me up that the reading was in Swedish. That's a realistic mistake, and I'm glad Kelsey didn't let it throw her. 

I would love for her to dump her jackwad boyfriend based solely upon his terrible text.

Seriously. He's a complete tool. At least Liza is making her look at him slightly side-eyed now, though I think it will be a while before Kelsey dumps him.

I really enjoyed the Diana storyline too. She was really funny this episode, especially when Liza was helping her messaging that guy on line. Anyone remember any of her lines? I remember laughing at quite a few of them and her delivery.

The line about ordering a martini with two olives or whatever it was made me laugh, then Diana just gave him a look.

Sigh. "Club soda with a splash of grenadine."

• Love 5
(edited)

What did Hilary's BF text her?

I am actually really liking Debi Mazar, which I did not expect.  This role is a nice fit for her. 

I've done some online dating so I knew for sure that that guy was too good to be true.  No way men like that actually exist out there, LOL.  (tongue in cheek)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I'm hoping Kelsey met her boyfriend when he was an intern on wall street or something because those wall street hedge fund guys are always douchey.

It's not like I want an extensive exploration of Liza's life before, but her ex is a jackass. It makes me wonder if she's now keying in with Kelsey things that didn't, but should have pinged, with her own life.

I'm liking Debi Mazar (but then I always have). I think my favorite moment of hers (along with how she stood with Liza against the obnoxious, manipulative ex) was when she didn't just tell Liza to go ahead and sell all her furniture to the guy for 3 grand. Instead, she insisted they take their wares elsewhere and find people willing to buy them. And she must have stayed to help finish sell everything all by herself because she let Liza go off to meet with Tattoo Guy, so that's a really nice friend.

I agree that having Sutton play someone in her early 30's would be more realistic. That being said she does look great for 40, I totally buy her being younger. I binge watched the first three episodes. Pretty cute, but I hated when "Bunheads" was cancelled so I may be watching with jaded eyes.

Xanax plus alcohol!  Not a great idea.

Has mixing alcohol and sedatives become the new thing on shows? The Mindy Project did the same earlier this season so Mindy could "relax" enough for, shall we say, uncharted sexual waters. It really bothered me that both shows seemed so blase about the very real dangers of mixing medications with alcohol. The fact that it might normalize women feeling like they need to take not one, but two, relaxants just to enjoy sex is even more troubling to me.

I get that these are fictional shows, but more often than not they are either reflecting some truth in society or helping to shape societal opinion. Both shows referring to it as "roofie-ing yourself" is not cool either.

• Love 2