Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I am not looking forward to the return of Daniel.

Wow, I think he’s one of the best characters from either show, he has great depth to his character, I enjoyed his time at the Dam and his interaction with Efraín, including the torture scene  which was really well done.

Having been shot through the mouth by Strand, it will be interesting to see what change Daniel has undergone that would stop him from killing Victor at their first encounter.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if they will eventually have him kill Strand. I feel like we are moving to a merger of Fear with TWD maybe in the next season. 

Edited by Beatrice

Probably not at least for the time being.  AMC seems fairly committed to the franchise, to the point that they've announced a third show for I think next year.  All the press has made it sound like they're basically wanting to lock down that Sunday time slot where one of the three shows would be running at any point in the year.  

I won't say I didn't kind of love the meta bit last half season where they did have a plan to head to Virginia to join Morgan's old crew but one thing after kept getting in the way of it until they basically said oh, just fuck it we'll stay here and help people instead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It looks like we’ll have to enjoy his character while we can, after the big build up and all,

From ComicBook,

Ruben Blades will be reprising his role as Daniel Salazar. The stay won't be permanent but he will have a brief presence on the AMC series, giving fans a taste of what the character has been up to since going down with the dam in the the Season Three finale a couple of years ago.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/05/15/fear-the-walking-dead-daniel-salazar-season-5/

• Love 1

Vaguely spoilery in saying it's a bit of a slow start that will probably take an episode or two to kick into high gear.  They're throwing a mysterious plane into the mix (Gods, please don't be another version of the longest tease ever with the mothership's helicopters.) and we find out the kitty of the apocalypse in the trailer is named Skidmark, who will be showing up with Daniel.  Promise me a bit of action that immediately pairs Dwight up with John Dorie, and it all sounds just weird enough that I'll be here for it.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

They're throwing a mysterious plane into the mix (Gods, please don't be another version of the longest tease ever with the mothership's helicopters.)

I wonder if that's the same plane that carried Rick away on TWD.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:26 AM, ByTor said:

I swear I'll be blubbering like an idiot if Dwight finds Sherri.

Dwight finding Morgan and Daniel finding Victor are pushing things, Dwight finding Sherri as well will have me blubbing, but not for any romantic reasons! 😭

• Love 1
(edited)

Episode titles for S5 / Front Eight,

"Here to Help" June 2,                                         Led by Morgan and Alicia, the group lands in uncharted territory in search of survivors to help - but everything is not as it seems in this foreboding new land.

"The Hurt That Will Happen" June 9, 

"Humbug's Gulch" June 16, 

"Skidmark" June 23, 

"The End of Everything" June 30, 

"The Little Prince" TBA

"Still Standing" TBA

"Is Anybody Out There? TBA 

Edited by OoohMaggie
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 12:55 AM, nodorothyparker said:

It looks like a small engine plane.  Rick rode away into the sunset in a helicopter.

And looking at the sneak peek, the twin prop plane appears to be in many burning pieces, Alicia seems to be using one of the prop blades as a weapon.

Edited by OoohMaggie
2 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Either Al’s truck locks a wheel, or somebody gets really scared 💩

I believe I read somewhere that is they name of the cat which is Daniel's. Although I've been reading so much crap lately that I don't know what's what anymore. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I believe I read somewhere that is they name of the cat which is Daniel's

The Ex Sombra Negra has a cat called Skidmark? That bullet through the face must have  really mellowed him. 😺

(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 2:48 AM, nodorothyparker said:

and we find out the kitty of the apocalypse in the trailer is named Skidmark

Duh, don’t know how I missed that first time around.

What’s the betting that Strand drives over the damn thing? 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1

Hey, even Dr. Evil loved his cat.  

The linked story makes it sound like the show is hoping Skidmark becomes the Dog of this series, to the point of invoking "If Skidmark dies, we riot."  Which, as a cat owner, I have to ask if any of these people have ever met any.  A cat, especially one that's been smart enough to survive this long, is going to nope on out of a stupidly dangerous situation pretty quickly.  I'd be down for watching Strand give Daniel no end of shit for having a cat though.

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'd be down for watching Strand give Daniel no end of shit for having a cat though

You can see it happening, he’d be wise to leave off the BBQ jokes though.

Episode synopsis from TSDF's official site for S05E01: Here to Help:

Brief Daniel sighting but no Dwight yet.  I kind of love that these idiots have managed to procure and now crash a plane and that of course, Strand knows how to fly.

Two boys, Max and Dylan, are hunting a deer. They manage to take it down, but also drawing the attention of a walker in the process. Just as the walker is closing in on them, a plane in distress buzzes the tree tops and crashes nearby. When they investigate, Alicia appears out of the smoke of the wreckage to save the two boys from a small group of walkers.

As the two boys go to hide themselves in the plane we see Morgan, John, and Luciana are in the back of the plane that crashed. As they come to and extract themselves from the wreckage, Morgan attempts to contact someone named Logan and tells him that they are on their way. Alicia and Morgan discuss their situation. They are 10-15 miles from their intended destination. Even though the plane has crashed and Luciana has been seriously wounded inside the plane (impaled on a pipe through the back of her right shoulder blade ), Morgan is determined to reach the destination. So to provide time for everyone else to get out of the wreckage, Alicia and Morgan set up a trip wire and start to fight off walkers.

June wakes up in the cockpit of the plane as a walker is pawing at her face. Al is sitting next to her in the pilot seat. John climbs up onto the side of the plane and opens the cockpit door. June climbs out while Al attempts to radio Strand to tell him that there is a tape titled "Skidmark." On that tape, is a person with a plane that might be able to help Strand and the others come rescue the now stranded group. There is no confirmation that Strand received her message.

June examines Luciana. She asks Dylan to help administer first-aid to Luciana while John and Al look for a tool to help cut away the pipe that Luciana is impaled on. While searching through the wreckage, Al finds her camera. As she is distracted with her camera, a walker clad in strange armor complete with a face shielded helmet attacks her. She impales the walker, takes some footage of it, and then regroups with the others. Meanwhile, Alicia and Morgan are using a trip wire to help them take out the small herd of walkers. Alicia trips and falls on top of some chain link fencing laying on the ground. There is a sign on the fencing that states "danger high radiation

Luciana is removed from the plane, and as everyone regroups to fight their way through the walkers, a campground van appears out of no where and a teenage girl (Annie) tells them to get in. The boys inform the group that it is their sister, and the group piles in. While driving away from the crash site, Annie informs them, "'growlers' are the least of our problems. You have no idea where you landed, do you?"

Meanwhile, Strand did indeed receive the message, and is driving the SWAT with Charlie. The twins, Sarah and Wendell, are leading the way down the road in their big rig. They question Strand (across the radio) whether or not he is capable of flying this second plane and he tells them he has it covered.

Back in the campground van, Alicia asks Annie she saw some warning signs back at the crash site and wants to know what happened in this area. Annie informs her that she doesn't know, but her brothers and parents got stuck in this area. (From the look of Max's face we assume that their parents are dead now.) "The roads to the east are washed out. Landslides in the pass. Roads to the south and west have those signs on them."

They have a conversation with the kids about their mission to save Logan and how they are helping him even though they don't even know him. Annie questions the wisdom of what they are doing but continues down the road until they run into the "red rover" walkers. At this point Annie informs them that she will not drive through blockade. So Morgan and group will continue on foot. Seeing their resolve to complete the mission, Annie comments "he better be worth it" and agrees to continue driving them to their location.

They pull up to the truck stop and it is abandoned. No walkers in sight. They get past the perimeter walls, and inspect the outside of the building, and then check out the inside. It looks clear and Logan is no where to be found. They bring in Luciana and prepare to remove the pipe from her arm. Annie and her brothers continue to question the group about their mission to help others. The group invites Annie, Max, and Dylan to come join them back at the denim factory. Annie doesn't trust any of this considering the mission to save Logan lead them to an abandoned truck stop. She tells her brothers to load up everything they can and leave. The group protests, but Max holds them off at gun point while they walk out of the truck stop, get into the van and leave. June is emphatic that they have to remove the pipe from Luciana now, so the group helps hold her down as June pulls the pipe out of Luciana's shoulder.

We are then taken to the location across the river from the denim factory where the group was at the end of season 4. Except this time, we see a balding white haired man staring across the river towards the denim factory. Then we see the same man entering the code into the padlock of a gate. We then seem him wandering around the interior of the factory, past shelves of supplies, a warehouse full of empty beds all made up, home brewing equipment used for brewing beer, a movie night list, and a pile of video cam tapes with a notepad of names, locations, and whether or not they were able to find the people on the list.

Back at the truck stop, Morgan finds a radio and calls out to Logan. Logan eventually replies, and when Morgan continues to inquire about helping him, Logan explains that might be difficult. Logan has taken control of the denim factory. Clayton (Polar Bear) was his partner and Logan didn't agree with Clayton's approach to trying to help people. Regardless though, Logan wanted to reclaim control of the facility which he claims he legally owns. However, since he wanted to avoid a violent confrontation, he sent the group out to the farthest truck stop he could think of so they would be gone as he took over. Strand and his group appear to pull up to the factory around the same time Logan is talking to Morgan over the radio. Strand and his group are facing off against Logan's group with weapons drawn. Logan tells Morgan he did believe in one thing that Clayton believed in, "take what you need, leave what you don't." Logan and his group left a pile of boxes and supplies out in front of the gate where Strand and his group arrived. This at least gives Strand the chance to find the tape he was looking for.

We next see Wendell, Sarah, Strand and Charlie talking about their day. Charlie claims she can find a way back into the factory. Strand appears out of the back of the truck and announces he found the tape they need and they should be able to negotiate with the guy who has the plane. Strand regrets not being on the plane today, but he is determine to fly the next mission.

Back at the truck stop, Al is reviewing the tape of the armor clad walker that attacked her. She talks with Morgan about a story she has found and she needs to go back to the plane crash tonight. Morgan resists and says they can go back in the morning, but Al is afraid that whatever she found will be gone by then. John and June then have an touching scene where John questions whether or not what they are doing is the right thing, but June convinces him that she never thought anyone could help her until he came along. Morgan finds Alicia outside the building patrolling the inside of the walls. They have a heart to heart about how there has to be more than just living now. Living has to mean something and that is why they need to continue their work.

Back to Strand, inside the SWAT truck. He is reviewing the tape again. You hear Al's voice, and then you see the screen that Strand is watching. The camera is panning around a warehouse and stops when it gets to the face of Daniel Salazar.

A truck pulls up in the rainy dark, and out steps Al with her camera. She finds the armor clad walker and takes off its helmet and punctures its skull with her blade. She then gets out her camera and starts to film the body paying close attention to its armor. She reaches into a pocket of the walker and finds a map and other belongings that have the three overlapping circles we have seen used by the helicopter people in TWD. As Al is calling back to Morgan to tell him about what she discovered, she is knocked down from behind. The video camera captures the image of a living person clad in the same armor and helmet.

(edited)

S5 Ep2,

“Morgan and Alicia meet a survivor and learn of a grave new walker threat. Meanwhile, the mission is put to the test when one of their own goes missing. Elsewhere, Strand makes contact”

Edited by OoohMaggie
(edited)

S5 Ep3,

“Dorie and June run from a threat and take shelter, but trouble arises when a misunderstanding arises with a survivor; Alicia and Morgan encounter an obstacle”

Its D time!                                                           

Ep3 promo photo

4CC67200-B463-4241-8FAE-F132C94E7040.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, heisenberg said:

But I also have to say that they did the same last year and it all went well,  everything got sorted out on the way.  I cross my fingers.

Not that you’d bet your house on what they say, but it appears you’ll get what you want,

from EW, “There’s a lot more story to come with Logan and his motives for taking over the river mill and for kicking our people out and for sending them on a wild goose chase with the plane. He may actually have more going on than he initially says”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/02/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-here-to-help-501/

• Love 1

Full episode synopsis from TSDF's official site for S05.E02 The Hurt That Will Happen.

I don't think radiation is contagious quite the way these people seem to think it is but I do like that the show is at least trying to address what would happen to things like power plants with people gone.  Lots of Daniel Salazar, radioactive walkers, and a cat named Skidmark.  Oh my.

The show opens with Strand in the back of the SWAT tank recording a farewell video for Charlie, Sarah, and Wendell. He finishes off a beer and then heads down the road to Daniel's location. As Victor shows up at the front door, he turns his back to greet Skidmark the cat. A walker impales itself on a trap. Then Victor hears the sound of a gun behind him. Victor pleads his case to Daniel and Daniel eventually invites him into the compound and calls Skidmark in as well.

Back at the crash site, John and Alicia are trying to figure out what happened to Al. The walker Al had impaled is gone. The weapons that Alicia had packed in the plane were looted. Morgan notices there is a road leading away. The plan is to recover everything they can and then try to track down the weapons.

At the truck stop, Luciana is "hepped up on goofballs" and hallucinating about playing accordion while June is changing Luciana's dressing. John returns with some of the items from the crash including notebooks and The Little Prince. John and June head out to catch up with Morgan and Alicia leaving Luciana behind with one of John's pistols for protection.

Strand and Daniel enter a warehouse filled with vehicles. Strand tells him he needs Daniel's plane to help save the others, which prompts Daniel to ask him about Madison. Strand explains that Madison and Nick is gone, but Alicia is still alive and needs his help. But Daniel doesn't believe Strand.

On the road, Morgan and Alicia run across the car barrier with the radioactive signs. Morgan and Alicia talk about how Alicia feels responsible for all of this and she has failed to protect their group. As they continue to search the area, they discover one of the nearby trucks has a warm hood. They go off into the woods to search. There Morgan finds the bird-box trap with walkers underneath it. He goes to take out the walkers and gets trapped himself. A woman in a hazmat suit appears and shoots the walker and holds Morgan at gunpoint. She tells him to strip down and advises him not to talk and breath as little as possible. When Morgan continues to talk, the hazmat woman gets irritated and pulls the gun on him again.

Out of nowhere, Alicia tackles the woman, takes her gun, and rips of her mask. Alicia thinks this might be the masked person that Al discovered. The woman then explains to Morgan and Alicia she used to work at a nuclear reactor nearby that eventually melted down. She explains that the walkers in the area have been contaminated with radioactive particles and she has been hunting down the walkers in order to prevent the contamination from spreading. Morgan is now at risk of being contaminated. Grace (hazmat woman) pleads to let her decontaminate Morgan

Back at the truck near the barricade, Morgan starts the decontamination process. When he is finished, Grace has new clothes for him. Alicia and Grace chat about each other's respective missions and whether or not it is even safe to be in the area. Grace explains that if Alicia sees any walkers with a dosimeter on them, she should run in the opposite direction. Alicia asks about the walker barriers. Grace tells her those are not her barriers and that she stays far away from them. Grace then puts two and two together and realizes it was Alicia's and Morgan's plane that crashed yesterday. Grace is now concerned they might be contaminated from the walkers at the crash site and insists that they take Grace to the crash site so she can examine the area.

John checks in on the radio. Their truck broke down. Alicia updates John and June about the situation with the walkers with dosimeters. As they examine the area around their broke down truck they discover a sign for the camp that matches the camp on the van the kid's were driving. John and June then walk to the camp. It looks abandoned, but the walls are intact and June discovers spent gun shells scattered around the ground. They here banging from the other side of the walls and go to investigate. They find a series of cabin like buildings that are boarded up and filled with walkers. 

Strand attempts to reach anyone via the radio at Daniel's compound. He keeps calling out over the air, but no one responds. Daniel asks why Strand wasn't on the plane and Strand explains that walkers were overrunning the runway and he stayed back to defend the runway so the plane could take off. Daniel still has trouble trusting or believing Strand. Strand apologizes for what he did at the dam and tries to explain he is a changed man now. Daniel still doesn't trust him. Daniel takes over the radio claiming that Strand doesn't konw what he is doing.

Grace is scanning the crash scene with her geiger counter and declares the area clear of contamination. Alicia is eager to continue their search for Al, but Grace tells them she still needs their help. The crash took out a portion of her fencing. Without that fencing, there is a risk the contaminated dead will spread outside the zone. Alicia is more concerned about Al than chasing down radioactive walkers. Walkers emerge from the tree line, including a contaminated walker. Alicia insists on taking out the walkers on her own much to the protest of Grace and Morgan. But Alicia insists, so Morgan and Grace go pack up Grace's equipment. Alicia is slowly overtaken by walkers, losing sight of the contaminated walker. Eventually they locate the contaminated walker and take it out before Alicia is overrun. 

It is night now, and they are finishing the clean up of the contaminated walkers at the plane crash. Grace tells Morgan about what happened at the plant and that there are 63 walkers left for her to track down. John checks in over the radio and informs them that they think they found some of the walkers Grace is looking for. Morgan, Grace, and Alicia meet up with John and June. They discover walkers with dosimeters had been burned. Grace is very concerned about the contamination from the remaining ash. Grace wants to find out who did the burning because they might be sick. It turns out the walkers in the cabins were responsible. This reinforces the importance of Grace's mission.

Luciana finally gets in contact with Strand. Strand tells her that he has found a person with a plane and that he is going to help them. Luciana tells Strand that they cannot stay there much longer, then the radio connection breaks. Strand pleads with Daniel to help him. Daniel says, "I know" and asks Strand to follow him.

Luciana goes out into the dark to check on the radio antennae. She radios June to tell them about the antennae. June is concerned that Luciana is walking around. Just then walkers breach the perimeter of the truck stop. Luciana is too drugged up to be able to shoot straight and she races back into the truck stop just in time.

Grace is heading off to a cavern near the plant where she buries the bodies. The group offers to help her find the remaining walkers (half of the 63 were in the fire pit). Grace doesn't want to include anyone else. She knows she has already been exposed to too much radiation and she doesn't want anyone to suffer her fate. They agree to keep in touch and part ways.

The group is back at the truck stop with Luciana. She has passed out. They wake her up and she is concerned about the walkers outside the building. But there are no walkers. When they go out to investigate they discover the walkers' head hanging from the top of the billboard next to the truck stop. 

Daniel is escorting Strand out of the warehouse and informs Strand that it is time for Strand to leave. He knows they need help, but he isn't going to help Strand help them. Strand pleads his case, but Daniel is resolved. He believes that Althea and Alicia will be able to take care of themselves. He is not going to give Strand the plane. He opens the door, fires off a couple of rounds into the air and tells Strand if he sees him again the next one will be in his face.

(edited)

Episode 3, ‘Humbug’s Gulch’

“Dorie and June run from a threat and take shelter, but trouble arises when a misunderstanding arises with a survivor; Alicia and Morgan encounter an obstacle”

829715F2-FDFD-435B-B04E-DF9724251C7E.jpeg

6A5ABBF7-5A33-4D0C-A460-94BC562D7926.jpeg

193BA41C-7843-4E23-B74B-BF2760A319AD.jpeg

B11894FF-9F68-4D5B-9FD8-DA5D6426918C.jpeg

1FB7C05D-CF29-4FB3-B7D8-80E1F644E4F7.jpeg

CC3DF5F3-514B-4436-8147-6E5335D9EE4C.jpeg

7AD1D71A-D31B-4D78-9BB3-995D3A9059DA.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
(edited)

S5 04,

“Sarah, Strand and Wendell run into an issue with their rescue mission as Charlie meets a new friend; Morgan, Alicia and Luciana try to finish their mission”

sneak peek

28503DBF-D379-492C-A578-58B337FD1621.jpeg

2FDF636C-A737-4AB4-9DC0-0211E8A1A362.jpeg

ACB045EC-AE07-4D54-8C34-25A35900EC2B.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
(edited)

Ep 6,

"The Little Prince"

“Morgan struggles to keep a potential disaster at bay as Luciana works with the group to undertake a challenging task despite impossible odds; Sarah, Strand and Charlie are presented with a solution when an old friend appears.”

Edited by OoohMaggie